American Le Mans Series Season 2 (COMPLETED)

  • Thread starter Thread starter gogatrs
  • 5,091 comments
  • 163,705 views

When do we qualify?

  • Night of, right before the race

    Votes: 21 51.2%
  • A different night before the race

    Votes: 20 48.8%

  • Total voters
    41
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just clocked in at a 3:48. Started practicing again just like ten minutes ago and I'm not improving too much.
 
I like racing on courses that aren't as wide, like Cote d'Azur (Monaco). I find that I can cut the corners like crazy on places like La Sarthe.
 
On the tire argument, I ran my BMW V12 LMR at La Sarthe 2009 with default settings and ran an average of 3:34.1s with a best lap of 3:32.4 over 8 laps (including the out lap) on racing mediums. On racing softs, I averaged 3:30.2s with a best of 3:28.824 over the same 8 lap distance (with about 60% wear left). I used the same 52 liters of fuel on each run also. The softs seem to last longer, as long as you dont abuse them. I also stuck strictly to racing line and tried to stay away from curbs, shifted 500 revs below redline, so more or less I was in conserve mode. Most other LMPs will not be like this, but this is what I found after my testing.
 
Truth in 24 is really great. Also, what track are we doing next? I wanna do some practicing.

Also, is everyone moving up LMP lol. We are gonna get left with 14 prototypes and 2 GTC cars at this rate
 
Also, is everyone moving up LMP lol. We are gonna get left with 14 prototypes and 2 GTC cars at this rate

Not really. Many people are doing GT now.
 
On the tire argument, I ran my BMW V12 LMR at La Sarthe 2009 with default settings and ran an average of 3:34.1s with a best lap of 3:32.4 over 8 laps (including the out lap) on racing mediums. On racing softs, I averaged 3:30.2s with a best of 3:28.824 over the same 8 lap distance (with about 60% wear left). I used the same 52 liters of fuel on each run also. The softs seem to last longer, as long as you dont abuse them. I also stuck strictly to racing line and tried to stay away from curbs, shifted 500 revs below redline, so more or less I was in conserve mode. Most other LMPs will not be like this, but this is what I found after my testing.


I always wondered, does this actually make a difference?
 
I always wondered, does this actually make a difference?

The softs, yes. The mediums, heck yes. I got about 2-3 laps more out of both compounds. Easily answered.👍
 
The softs, yes. The mediums, heck yes. I got about 2-3 laps more out of both compounds. Easily answered.👍

2-3 laps at Le Sarthe is quite something. If we were doing super long enduros that could definitely play a role. Hell the LMPs are already pitting at least twice (i think)
 
For the Monza race, I did 3 pit stops; 2 with fueling and 1 with tyre change only.

But I was just being picky with my tires. I change them before they go below 50%.
 
There are not going to be any rules regarding tires.
Next preseason race track is up to you guys. But it's going to be either Le Mans, Monza, or Daytona.
Up to you guys.
But if we do Le Mans this Friday, we'll start the season the following Friday.
If we do Monza or Daytona this Friday, we'll do Le Mans the following week and then start the season...
 
I say start the season in LeMans and use a tighter track for the last preseason, Nurburgring GP-F?
 
Jav
I say start the season in LeMans and use a tighter track for the last preseason, Nurburgring GP-F?

We could do nurb GP and Le mans for preseason.
Regardless, one preseason will be at Le Mans.
 
so is everyone really moving in class?
:dopey:
 
t_ray_z28
so is everyone really moving in class?
:dopey:

I'm staying put until there are less than five people in GTC, and seeing that Rich is going to be leaving us... :/

Love that avatar BTW. lol
 
I'm staying put until there are less than five people in GTC, and seeing that Rich is going to be leaving us... :/

Love that avatar BTW. lol

Is it ok if I jump into LMP?
 
Everybody's joinin the party :D
 
Jav
Is it ok if I jump into LMP?

I suppose...
What car?
TT13 is going to get lonely lol.
 
I suppose...
What car?
TT13 is going to get lonely lol.

Lol! I know but if I'm gonna race GTE on the GTPACO I wanna race LMP smowhere...
 
TT13 you could be my teammate considering you said you also wanted the 787B when you got the money :D
 
Who's my team mate in lmp with a bentley? :)
 
I'm always looking for team mate!
 
Damn, I was just getting used to the 458! Maybe I'll team up in an Aston Martin with TK :)

No offense to cowboy, I would totally team up but I probably want to stay in GT.

EDIT: From the driver list it looks like a lot of LMP guys now and not so many GT. Shouldn't the field be a little more even? I dunno but like I said if Jav leaves GT I might try Aston Martins with TK.
 
Last edited:
Tower Turn 13
Damn, I was just getting used to the 458! Maybe I'll team up in an Aston Martin with TK :)

No offense to cowboy, I would totally team up but I probably want to stay in GT.

EDIT: From the driver list it looks like a lot of LMP guys now and not so many GT. Shouldn't the field be a little more even? I dunno but like I said if Jav leaves GT I might try Aston Martins with TK.

It's fun to drive... And it's in line for a power boost!
 
And also not many GTC guys... :/
Does anybody want to get rid of GTC to give a larger field?
:(
I didn't want to have to ask that. :(
 
I like GTC though I don't think I'd want to drive it only because I'm sick of the 430. :)

I'm testing the DB9 right now in my lounge if anyone wants to join.
 
Ok, I'll race in the class with the most competition betwen GTE and LMP.
t_Ray, that's an invitation!
 
Jav
Ok, I'll race in the class with the most competition betwen GTE and LMP.
t_Ray, that's an invitation!

well, i'd perfer GT just because I've got a pretty good handle on setups for the Corvettes, lol

I do have a CLK-LM and a C60 Hybride- Judd '05 though... but they're not setup in any way, shape, or form
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back