American Le Mans Series Season 3

  • Thread starter Thread starter gogatrs
  • 3,973 comments
  • 135,352 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone remember this? :scared:

a pink vette? oh my...

facepalm3.jpg


i want a new car, mine is tainted now
 
The whole challenge thing is interesting. Def have to get Jav and Blaze to rep ALMS. What ever happened to Potato? If I remember correctly, he swept the series in season one with the Audi R10.

I haven't seen him in a while! Last I saw of him was over at iRacing and that was a few months back. I'd like to see him back!
 
Sweet! Now lets hope the new update/DLC gives us the RM for all cars on the grid!
 
Lets hope the DLC just gives us the damn ALMS cars! lol
 
Lets hope the DLC just gives us the damn ALMS cars! lol

Yes! Yes PD listen to this guy! He speaks the truth!!
 
Jav
Yes! Yes PD listen to this guy! He speaks the truth!!

I call dibs on the ESM Ferrari!

I would literally spend all my credits on car washes for that car lol. Such a pretty thing.
 
I call dibs on the ESM Ferrari!

I would literally spend all my credits on car washes for that car lol. Such a pretty thing.


Lol, one day your car disappears with so many washes :dunce:
 
I call the Beamer! Or the C6.R. Or the Patron Ferrari. :lol: lol
 
I call the Luxury Racing Ferrari (or Risi or whatever they race in ALMS--the red ones).
 
ok idk what im doing wrong but apparantley i dont know how to drive, because im always like 2 seconds off the pace of what i hear in these forums. Ex: everyones claming high 203's im high 204's on suzuka, also everyone else keeps talking about what they need to do to make the car do what they want, by switching the camber or toe angle and i know nothing about tuning cars. i dont know what to change if i don't like something about a car. so really, im asking should i even be in this series?
 
ok idk what im doing wrong but apparantley i dont know how to drive, because im always like 2 seconds off the pace of what i hear in these forums. Ex: everyones claming high 203's im high 204's on suzuka, also everyone else keeps talking about what they need to do to make the car do what they want, by switching the camber or toe angle and i know nothing about tuning cars. i dont know what to change if i don't like something about a car. so really, im asking should i even be in this series?

do you have a wheel or controller? i know it can be frustrating, but the only thing that will help is practice. if you want some tuning tips i might be able to help, plus there are write ups on this site that explain tuning in general.
 
I call dibs on the ESM Ferrari!

I would literally spend all my credits on car washes for that car lol. Such a pretty thing.

Oh man that would be so sweet! Offcourse they would need to fix that aomination of a sound the racing exhaust makes on the Ferraris!
 
Cowboys965
Triple threat! Don't forget me! :sly:

Ha

rb26x
My netbook just came back from getting a new HDD, so I'll be putting pictures up as well...

Awesome!

rocko100
Anyone remember this? :scared:

Oh God no! :scared:

FlyinHawaiian77
The whole challenge thing is interesting. Def have to get Jav and Blaze to rep ALMS. What ever happened to Potato? If I remember correctly, he swept the series in season one with the Audi R10.

You know, it's funny you bring him up. Last night I had a dream that we were in a room racing and elitedriver/gtamann said that HE was potatohead. It was a very strange dream.
It probably also means I have some issues if I'm dreaming about Gran Turismo.

Cowboys965

hahahahahahaha

Stavelot
This may just woo me to make time as there is an orange R8 V10 just waiting for some competition...

Yes please!

Blaze_409
Lets hope the DLC just gives us the damn ALMS cars! lol

Nope, Porsche.

Slagithor
ok idk what im doing wrong but apparantley i dont know how to drive, because im always like 2 seconds off the pace of what i hear in these forums. Ex: everyones claming high 203's im high 204's on suzuka, also everyone else keeps talking about what they need to do to make the car do what they want, by switching the camber or toe angle and i know nothing about tuning cars. i dont know what to change if i don't like something about a car. so really, im asking should i even be in this series?

One second isn't much. That can usually be gained through a bit of practice and tuning. As kevin said, read a bit in the tuning section and stick with it.
Another thing could be that your car doesn't match up very well with Suzuka.
 
Slagithor
ok idk what im doing wrong but apparantley i dont know how to drive, because im always like 2 seconds off the pace of what i hear in these forums. Ex: everyones claming high 203's im high 204's on suzuka, also everyone else keeps talking about what they need to do to make the car do what they want, by switching the camber or toe angle and i know nothing about tuning cars. i dont know what to change if i don't like something about a car. so really, im asking should i even be in this series?

Just look around in the tuning forum for general tips. Tune on another tuning sheet (in game) and see how you like it. Tuning isn't solely about grip, it is also about personal preference on how it handles so that it is easier for someone to drive quickly.

TT13, it's Risi Competizione, I love them. I call dibs on the C6.R.
 
As for potato/chip/ruffles/potatohead/gman, his last activity was three days ago on GTPlanet. :D
Just sent him a visitor message.

This could turn out to be a VERY good race should it happen.
 
Tuning isn't solely about grip, it is also about personal preference on how it handles so that it is easier for someone to drive quickly.

i find this statement to be so true, ive tried several different settings and i can get the same lap times with them. its just some settings are more consistent with the way you drive. ideally you want a setup that brakes in, turns and exits smoothly so that you can repeat the same lap over and over.
 
Kevin01SH
i find this statement to be so true, ive tried several different settings and i can get the same lap times with them. its just some settings are more consistent with the way you drive. ideally you want a setup that brakes in, turns and exits smoothly so that you can repeat the same lap over and over.

When I tune I start with grip and then adjust so it's easy for me. I'm improving on Suzuka, but I still need practice.
 
What cars are open for GT class? Jag and what else? I'm thinking bout switching to GT since lmp1 is weak.
 
Lmp1 wouldn't be weak if we combined the lmp classes. Lmp1 cars with less power to make the lmp2 guys happy?
 
harvickfan
Lmp1 wouldn't be weak if we combined the lmp classes. Lmp1 cars with less power to make the lmp2 guys happy?

It's not high power that bothers the LMP2 guys, LMP2 is just EXTREMELY even/competitive.
 
I only think its weak because the # of entries. It's usually me and jake and maybe 1 other. On top of it we start so late that my g/f gets tire of me playing it she basically MAKES me shut it off.
 
freshseth83
I only think its weak because the # of entries. It's usually me and jake and maybe 1 other. On top of it we start so late that my g/f gets tire of me playing it she basically MAKES me shut it off.

Don't let her put a leash on your manhood!
 
LMP with 550hp and 900kg ala current LMP1 regs should allow both current classes to be combined (plus bring some cars more even, looking at you R10 Stealth).
 
Just look around in the tuning forum for general tips. Tune on another tuning sheet (in game) and see how you like it. Tuning isn't solely about grip, it is also about personal preference on how it handles so that it is easier for someone to drive quickly.

TT13, it's Risi Competizione, I love them. I call dibs on the C6.R.

Lizards better, with Patar Long!


Don't let her put a leash on your manhood!

LOL too bad Mel does to you!


Also, just a suggestion, maybe bring the old standard R8's to P2. after all, they were what mainly raced the Pescarollo's (and Dyson Lola's at the time) but it adds variety to the field. with practically all the same car, it's just tunes and driver that make the win. (which 95% of racing should be) but cars with strengths and weaknesses are what makes a nice race. just throwing that out. thought of it last night. maybe not this season, but whatever works.

Edit: lol just read gatrs last post.
 
Last edited:
LMP with 550hp and 900kg ala current LMP1 regs should allow both current classes to be combined (plus bring some cars more even, looking at you R10 Stealth).

+1

Sounds great to me.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back