American Muscle Championship Season Long Races

  • Thread starter Thread starter Jump_Ace
  • 172 comments
  • 6,133 views
Sorry goixoye, I tried to beat her!
confused-smiley-013.gif


New Time: Drag Strip

12.477
 
LB Updated, great battle emerging up there in the drag recently, great job guys!

jump_ace
 
I need another "miracle" run. r8man's not even on the board yet...I bet I know where his time will land....costing me yet another position behind Koly.
 
NEW GTO Drag ~ 12.582 !!!!!

Psst Nat ~ That puts me above goix :p (At least accroding to last LB update)
 
Kolyana
Going all the way, eh GOixoye? ;)
???

Looks like I'm just GOing away....fading into your rearview mirror...but you can't see me beause of all the other people in between us. Looks like the Shelby's poor drag time is going to cost me the overall 4th position.

If you woulda let me take the weight reduction and then add back the weight as ballast I saw a 12.469! I only ran it once, I might've been able to squeeze ahead of you with a few more attemps! That's when I asked the question in the Hong Kong thread...I figured before I got to excited I better ask if it was allowed by the rules. I did this on a test vehicle so my original is still per the legal specs.

I got the 12.623 by adding all the ballast I could to the very rear of the car (with just the Stage 1 Weight Reduction). I assume adding ballast is acceptable? For the Shelby anyway that dramatically improved the drag time. But I suspect everybody here already knew this...after I got good run I checked through some of the WDS stuff and found where somebody ran the Saleen doing this...I suspect it's common knowledge for the dragsperts.

I guess if it (taking wt reductions and then adding back the wt as ballast) were legal then everybody could / would do it and I still be in the same boat (the one that's sinking with the shark circling it).

Looks like everybody's just gangin' up on me now...a whole school of sharks. I guess the Shelby's low weight doesn't help it here on the drag strip...HP rules here.
 
Desided to knock another spot down ..

GTO Drag ~ 12.507 ..


knock knock Nat .. I am coming .....


EDIT : Might as well put this up there too.

Nurg ~

T2 : 1' 30.543
T3 : 2' 01.978
T4 : 2' 57.798

Total Time : 1' 28.255

Havn't found that perfect setup just yet. A little more time to toy with it.
 
LB Updated, and I just have to say Teledriel, way to stay competitive. I love to see that!

jump_ace
 
hey common lets see another cuda up here with me. I must say this is some of the closest racing I've seen in a while. we're all within a second everyone is at least a 12.??? next week if you guys bug me enough I'll clue u in to my tricks so you can attempt to run an 11. other than that power band, toque curve, and proper launch.
Bryan
 
Tele', you're doing me porud! Talk about pulling out some great, great times!!!!

Goixoye ... everyone can run extra ballast and alter it's position in the car, that's legal, but taking a free weight reduction and then adding it back as ballast is not within the scope of the rules.

Additionally, I *have* taken a weight reduction - I paid for it - and often I run with some of that weight back in the Camaro (esp. for the drag), which I then alter track by track. But I paid for that reduction as part of my parts-strategy.

Rather than make a change like that this late in the game, I'd rather just keep it clean and simple: No free weight reduction and ballast adjustments. Sorry.
 
As you know the Stage 1 Weight Reduction (-115kg) is part of my parts strategy too. The Stage 2 and 3 are 38kg each for the Shelby. It's amazing how much difference that made on the strip (0.154). -76kg + 200kg of ballast all the way in the back. Maybe I should try the net difference of +124kg to see if maybe I can get that 12.469? Since it's so sucessful on the strip I wonder how that might work on the track.

Hey...I had to ask. With 2 possible answers I had a 50% chance which is a better chance than if I didn't ask at all.
 
I know, and if it were earlier in the season I'd probably seriously consider it, but with only 2 races to go I want to just keep things as they are. Maybe you'll see this sort of thing in Muscle:Unlimited (if you ask nicely :p) or even your own American Iron ;)
 
Somebody already asked about it in American Iron. This was before I knew about the possible implications to the drag strip times. I told them I didn't care what they did with the weight as long as it complied to the minimum allowed weights. I still feel the same. But American Iron is different from AMC. With AMC you alotted so much money for parts so I understand your answer and don't have a problem with it. If you recall I mentioned this possibility before the season began...maybe in a long gone PM....again before I had any idea what the results might be...If I knew then what I know now I may have pressed a little harder for it. Of course I imagine the results would be the same for all the cars...so any advantage would likely be negated if everyone did it. American Iron is not currently scheduled for a drag strip event and I doubt that there is as significant an advantage to doing this on the circuits compare to the drag strip...although you never know.... Maybe during my American Iron testing I'll see what happens.

I tried to be a little sneaky by asking about it in the Hong Kong thread to maybe conceal what I was up to. Kinda like Jeff Gordon painting sponsor logos on his car at Daytona (instead of the ususal stickers) to try to get some sort of aerodynamic advantage over the field...he kept the car covered when not on the track so nobody would catch on. But I really shouldn't be comparing myself to Jeff.
 
He did what now? hahahahah. And you think it did give an advantage?
 
I don't see it...but what do I know about aerodynamics -- I'm lucky just to spell the word correctly (and may not have even done that). But Jeff won the race and probably a $1M purse (a man with a purse?) so we can laugh all we want while he sits on a pile of money big enough to buy every car Kazunouri Yamauchi (sp?) ever dreamed of polygoning and then some.

If everybody paints on the logos this year we'll know there must be something to it. God only knows what difference a sticker makes at 200mph
 
I decided to give the drag strip another run....💡

New Drag Time: 12.315

I didn't want to ruin a good battle! ;)
 
Noooooooooooooooooooo@!!!!

Oh you dog, now I have to get back out there ... I really don't think my little Camaro can do any better, but we'll see! Good battle bhawk 👍
 
Nice showing, B! :cheers:
 
bhawk776
I decided to give the drag strip another run....💡

New Drag Time: 12.315

I didn't want to ruin a good battle! ;)
My hero 👍
 
Thanks for the inspiration guys & girls.

Las Vegas: 12.585

Not enough to gain a position but who knows...maybe enough to keep Jump behind me...I'm sure we've not seen the last of him in this event. Besides it looks better being 12.5xx than 12.6xx.

I don't think there's much left out there but who knows...I've got a week to keep working on it.
 
All right ... think I may have something here:

Ring: Point-to-Point
-------------------------
T2: 1'28.725
T3: 2'00.227
T4: 2'54.099

Total: 1'25.374

Dragstrip:
------------
12.439
 
I can't find a set up that's any better than the one I've got...to get the stage 2 weight reduction I have to give up the LSD and change from a twin plate clutch to a single plate clutch and it's nearly a wash...12.600 with that combination and 12.585 with the my current set up. Looks like Koly's applied some additional heat at the Nurb tho...better get on that and see if I can respond.
 
LB Updated, sorry for the delay guys I was sick ALL WEEKEND... :yuck: But I'm all better now! :) Great job you guys, I'm now officially out of the Drag Race...LOL, thank GOD there's still the Nurb I can get 2nd with as BHawk is RIGHT ON MY TAIL for the overall 2nd place.... :scared:

jump_ace
 
jump_ace
LB Updated, sorry for the delay guys I was sick ALL WEEKEND... :yuck: But I'm all better now! :) Great job you guys, I'm now officially out of the Drag Race...LOL, thank GOD there's still the Nurb I can get 2nd with as BHawk is RIGHT ON MY TAIL for the overall 2nd place.... :scared:

jump_ace
I really hate to point this out but Koly's ahead of me at the Nurb now...but I'm gonna work on that...maybe it's an omen? or maybe just the drugs still in your system from being sick this weekend?
 
Well, with a few more runs (and hoping bhawk doesn't run again) I think I should be able to jump over him, too :p
 
Yeah yeah, I could have swore I switched you guys, but apparently I"m mistaken awe well it SHOULD all be good now.

jump_ace
 
Sickening little improvement...but still not giving up on the Nurb

T1: 1'26.854
T2: 1'58.354
T3: 2'52.455

1'25.601

I am however giving up on Las Vegas
 
LB Updated

jump_ace
 
Chip..chip..chip..inching closer...maybe I'll at least make you little nervous.

T1: 1'27.296
T2: 1'58.733
T3: 2'52.834

1'25.538

I think that puts me just 0.164 behind...and closing. But if you can pass bhawk that's probably lights out for me.
 
Back