Votes: 53 16.1%
  • No, proper English should be used

Votes: 117 35.5%
  • I don't care at all

Votes: 95 28.8%
  • I prefer a mixture

Votes: 65 19.7%

• Total voters
Only the English would find a way to pronounce it so that it rhymes with piss.

That we do Omnis, that we do. It's a Niss - ann, right? When did 'i' take on the sound of an 'e'?

It's a Niss - ann, right? When did 'i' take on the sound of an 'e'?

The word Nissan was created in Japan and it is an abbreviation of the term "Nippon Sangyo". Nippon is actually pronounced Nee-pawn, so that's why the first part of the word "Nissan" is pronounced "Nees" rather than "Niss".

I still prefer to say Niss-ann rather than Nee-san though, even if it is wrong.

Ah, me sees now. You are wise oh Wiegert one.

I winds me up when my colleagues call it Nice - ann. Stupid people.

^ Just wondering, in Aus, how would you pronounce 'we are crap at cricket and we always lose to England in the Ashes?' :sly::lol:

^ Just wondering, in Aus, how would you pronounce 'we are crap at cricket and we always lose to England in the Ashes?' :sly::lol:

We aa crap at criiiiiicket mate and we always lose to Eengland in the AAAAAAshes, mate.

Mate. :P

I would say.

Bloody hell mate we really do suck are cricket since we lose to the xxxxx all the time.

xxx= Insultive word for the UK people.

Quick question on the spelling bit, eg colour v's color. What are the official dictionaries of both countries?
England I'd guess the Oxford.
Us I've no idea.

Cheers Shaun.

England has two official dictionaries; The Oxford English Dictionary, and the Collins English Dictionary.

I don't know about the US.

I rather like that one.
You what? :P

I heard that Hyundai is pronounced oddly in the US. Here it's 'Hi-un-dy', but I was reading a car article that said Americans said it differently.
You guys pronounce it wrong. Even the American commercials state specifically, "Hun-day, like Sunday."

Also, aluminium is right.
Not according to any periodic table I've ever seen.

Aluminum lacks a the i required for aluminium. Also, all the car dealers here pronounce Hyundai Hun-day, and it annoys me that tgose selling the car don't know the proper way to pronounce it.

RTSolvalou
Can someone explain America's problem with the word 'Moist'? It's some kind of taboo word over there.

Mind if I ask what's wrong with it? It just means damp, I don't see anything wrong

Could it mean that a lady is ready for bedroom Olympics?

If one was to use the term "She's moist for me" I suppose it could be a bit taboo in certain circles.

Is that a bit crude?

Back