An interesting video about gt2

• Thread starter j0nny0093
  • 12 comments
Good find dude, that looks pretty interesting.

For one, Apricot Hill looks very much like some of the test track sections from the licence tests. I wonder if originally many of the licence tests used corners from that circuit as the sample corners? And the Rome Short course looks like it has a similar texture to Red Rock Valley, with the colour of the track/skyline etc.

Those hidden tracks are very awesome too - the penultimate one, the big rectangle, looks a bit boring and pointless to drive on, hence why it got cut, although I'd have loved to have seen it evolve into something like the final track on Ridge Racer Type 4...perhaps that's another reason why it was cut, that it was too similar to RR? It's main rival in the racing game stakes on PS1 at the time? And seeing that they had Cote d'Azur ready to go on that game....man. I guess it meant less work for GT3, as they basically already had it. Still really sucks that it wasn't around in time for 2, would've been awesome to have an enduro there or something.

Hi there, that's my video you linked there.

You can find more hidden GT2 content in the Hidden Things topic I posted around Here

thank you =) .... i like searching this type of video on youtube, to see how much things are hidden in GT series games... in this video the track that i like it's the indi track... can you imagine it in hd graphics in gt5 =P ??

thank you =) .... i like searching this type of video on youtube, to see how much things are hidden in GT series games... in this video the track that i like it's the indi track... can you imagine it in hd graphics in gt5 =P ??

I believe it would've looked really nice in GT5, but the likelyhood of this happening would be closest to zero unfortunately.

i know i know =(... the old tracks in gt2 that we want on gt5 are Grindelwald, Pikes Peak, and Red Rock Valley... maybe PD for making their fans happy can re-create those tracks for GT5 (as they did for SPA)...

Last edited:
Wow at Grindelwald, looks almost like a real hillclimb this way.

EDIT: Double WOW at the hidden tracks.

Last edited:
Following up on the license test comment, I liked the high speed cornering tests which were first downhill slightly to the left, and then sharply uphill to the right, and then at the top of the hill even more sharply to the left... seems there were many track sections developed for license tests which were never included as race-able events.

Off-Topic : They should have kept the boost gauge like this..
Оn-Topic : The night track which the BMW 3-Series Coupe raced is really cool. Too bad it didn't make it to the final game.

Last edited:
okay, finally was able to watch video, spotty internet connection prohibits youtubing generally...

Grindelwald seems significantly different in layout, the only one that I could notice (well, Apricot hill glitch, too.) Otherwise mostly cosmetic. Love the bridges in Rome Night, those were removed, weren't they? And seriously, you took the Viper out to Tahiti Maze???

Wish it were possible to have a fan made re-release of GT2 like you get with some PC games (Railroad Tycoon comes to mind). How hard could it be? Include another 600 cars that we all wanted to see without having to worry about licensing, more tracks and custom events with rules that check things like weight or body type, or limit upgrades like tires and suspension...

yes, grindy has double chicane instead of 0ne highspeed, the track is ''open'' (without fences at the start) looks better to me.

i wish the same as you (mainly custom events with special requirements)

how did he get the blue white stripes viper?, i remember there wasnt a blue color available since gt2 to gt5.

The demo version had a lot of colors that wasn't used in the final game. The blue viper is a demonstration of such thing.

Back