And I considered myself an "Xbox-fanboy"!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Lofberg
  • 132 comments
  • 4,852 views
lol Fanboyism is so funny.

Neither console is supperior.

There is a reason why i have an Xbox and reason why i have a ps2.

I will say i buy most of my games for the Xbox cause i like my xbox better, but Xbox doesn't have all the games that i want. Nuff said, if you think "PS2 IS THE BEST, YOUR XBOX IS TEH SUXORZ" then you're a complete moron who's kidding himself.
 
I rank my console in this order:

SNK AES
Dreamcast
Xbox
Gamecube
Saturn
PS2


SNK - Purely for hardcore gamers
DC - Also strictly for gamers
Xbox - Beefed up hardware, modding capability, and graphics/network
Gamecube - Very good graphics, many times better sharper than Xbox games.
Saturn - beats out PS2 by just a hair because of games like Radiant Silvergun, SF Alpha 2, SNK translations, and many other Capcom fighters.
PS2 - I ranked last because, it is very good hardware but Sony balked at the dev kits and took developers forever to come up with good results. Besides a few big titles, the PS2 can be passed if it wasn't for the exclusives that Sony locked in.

If PD were to make GT series for the PC, I don't think I would need my PS2 around..
 
Holy ****, will the Neo Geo ever come down in price? That thing was $600 back in like 1992. $200 is still too expensive for that thing.
 
I don't believe I would pay more than $100 for it and only if it came with all the games ever produced.
 
Man, a friend had that thing....I hated it, I was into N64 at the time I think, ( love those Star Wars games with the ship as 3rd person )
 
What system did StarFox come out on? Was it Super Nintendo? That game was pretty sweet for its day. I didn't get much N64 game time, as I was in high school and busy with track / cross country / school / attempting to chase girls ... / etc.

But now, I have an XBox and a PS2. The past three years I've spent quite a lot of time with both of them.
 
Sounds like we have a bunch of new school kids.

The SNK AES is the most advanced console ever made for a long time and none of you guys were playing games as long as I've been.

Thanks for playing kids.
 
SNK machines were fricking awesome, but I was but a child when they came out (20 now), so obviously couldnt afford one lol. :(, still, I got to play those games on my sega saturn, so all was not lost :D

BTW the sega saturn RULED, guardian heros and panzer saga, OH YES!
 
yeah, I was in grade 11 or 12 when N64 came out, my buddies and I would sneak over to one of there places that was close to the school pretty much every day..miss a class or two....in grade 12 some of us turned 18 and could write out own "late notes" that was sweet, played ALOT of Mortal Combat and Micro Machines....WaveRace, ...good times
 
I have been playing since Commodore 64 computer and atari...
 
LoudMusic
How long have you been playing games?

Been playing games when they had pacman and Rally X in the arcades. My cousin had Pong which we played a lot, that's like the 1st console.

SNK was the 1st true arcade perfect console, very expensive yes but now I make enough and they have come down in price, you can pick one up relatively cheap.

Don't get me wrong, I judge consoles by the system capabilities and quality of the games at the time.

You may think the SNK or Saturn are out-dated but some of the best games started or began from those systems.

For example.. Sony's Eye-toy, it is not new at all. Sega Dreamcast had the DreamCamera way before that.
 
There is definitely something to be said for consoles in their day. There have been lots of great consoles along the way that received little recognition. I remember wanting a Neo-Geo very badly, and the price just being too high. There was also the Jaguar, and DreamCast. All three are great consoles that in a way just flopped.

But talking about modern consoles, XBox and Playstation 2, you can't say that anything made before them is better. Even though the SNK AES was the first true arcade console, it sucks by comparison to the XBox.

Aside from collecting antique consoles, there's no reason to buy anything older than current modern consoles. You can get all those games in emulation form. Or you can get a modern replacement.
 
The atari jaguar was never a great console, I'm sorry. The games for it were TERRIBLE, it had like 4 good ones, and a host of badly ported snes titles. When I first played one, I just laughed, and went back to playing yoshis island.
 
But the hardware was undeniably ahead of anything else at the time, wouldn't you agree?
 
Yes, I would. I knew this person at my school who thought the jaguar was better then the dreamcast....what a bloody idiot.

"you play atari karts, I'll play shen mue"
HAHA
 
So, I would have to say, then, that it's a bit like the XBox. Great hardware, crummy games. Though the Jaguar was reeaaaallly hurting, where as the XBox has one of the largest companies in the world buying game developers right and left to make games for it.
 
Crummy games? HUH? That's odd, the games I own for mine must not actually exist. I guess burnout 3, chronicles of riddick, halo, halo 2, forza, panzer orta, knights of the old republic, full spectrum warrior, splinter cell PD, soul cal 2, outrun 2, otogi 2, rainbow 6 3, pop, gta 3 and vice city, JSR future, ninja gadian, pgr2, rallisport challenge 2, crimson sky, thug, fable, jade empire, doa 3/ ultimate, doom 3, half life 2, rbr, morrowind GOTY edition, super monkey ball DX oh do I even need to go on? Oh yes, the xbox has no good games :P. I think I've proved you wrong btw. (yes I'm aware some of these arn't out yet, but they will be, and we all know they will be good)

OFC the ps2 has loads of good games too. :)
 
I think PGR2 is great, and Forza will be superb. Anyway, I also believe GT4 will kick big buts to the sky - fair said ;)

The period 04/05 will ROCK!
 
04/05 will be awesome no matter what you own, well mehbeh not that awesome if you have a GC ;)
 
LegacySTI
Been playing games when they had pacman and Rally X in the arcades. My cousin had Pong which we played a lot, that's like the 1st console.

SNK was the 1st true arcade perfect console, very expensive yes but now I make enough and they have come down in price, you can pick one up relatively cheap.

Don't get me wrong, I judge consoles by the system capabilities and quality of the games at the time.

You may think the SNK or Saturn are out-dated but some of the best games started or began from those systems.

For example.. Sony's Eye-toy, it is not new at all. Sega Dreamcast had the DreamCamera way before that.

dreamcamera....show me proof
 
That's generally opinion oriented. I would say more than half of the games you've listed I wouldn't spend 30 minutes with. There are a few that haven't been released. And a few that are multi-platform.

I've never said the XBox isn't good. I hate Microsoft, and the XBox is over rated. I would say the XBox is a let down. It could have been so much better, but it isn't. And that's why it gets the negative feedback. But, the whole damn video game industry is over rated. It's driven by a bunch of kids. Quality is lacking. Look at our movie selections - they're all driven by flashy computer graphics. There's little substance anymore. It's the same with video games. "OOoohhh, look how pretty we are" - forget about fun, entertaining, involving ... it's about being pretty and flashy.
 
code_kev
04/05 will be awesome no matter what you own, well mehbeh not that awesome if you have a GC ;)

Dunno about that they have Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Starfox, Donkey Kong etc..... I love the Gamecube to death so many childhood memories assosiated with Nintendo all happy :)

I love nintendo !
 
images


Loudmusic, I'm not some little kid who wouldn't know a good game if it hit him, I've been gaming for AGES, I know my stuff. I think the xbox is a good machine because of the games, and trust me on this, they are as good, if not better then most ps2 games. I'm not saying this through any misplaced loyalty, it's just what I found while playing on both machines.

I've never said the XBox isn't good.

yes you did, you said it's games where crummy. imo your wrong. You just have a grudge against it because your a sony fan :P. I've listed some really good fun games there, yet you call em crap, meh what ever, I bet if NG was on the PS2 you would ass kiss it to oblivion.

Oh and you will find that 99% of multiplatform games are better on the xbox. Just a fact for ya there. While you "rock" to busted on Burnout 3, I listen to megadeth.

This isn't an attack on the ps2 or anything, I actually like it quite alot, DMC is fricking ace, as is ico and VF4 evo.
 
your the model for what sony and PD wants, submit your story, the sony switch ads coming soon
 
code_kev
images


Loudmusic, I'm not some little kid who wouldn't know a good game if it hit him, I've been gaming for AGES, I know my stuff. I think the xbox is a good machine because of the games, and trust me on this, they are as good, if not better then most ps2 games. I'm not saying this through any misplaced loyalty, it's just what I found while playing on both machines.



yes you did, you said it's games where crummy. imo your wrong. You just have a grudge against it because your a sony fan :P. I've listed some really good fun games there, yet you call em crap, meh what ever, I bet if NG was on the PS2 you would ass kiss it to oblivion.

Oh and you will find that 99% of multiplatform games are better on the xbox. Just a fact for ya there.


give me the site and more info..thats way to small!
 
Back