And I considered myself an "Xbox-fanboy"!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Lofberg
  • 132 comments
  • 4,852 views
That's all I could find on it lol! That crappy little picture.
 

Attachments

  • dreamcamera.jpg
    dreamcamera.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 33
The games are crummy! Not the XBox. Quit picking a fight. I've been gaming just as long as you. It has nothing to do with it. We all know that there are far fewer captivating games on XBox than there are on PS2, exclusively speaking (however, I'd give XBox Ghost Recon because UBI Soft f'd it up for PS2).

XBox: Intelligent console design. Network, hard drive, four controller ports ... brilliant. Software / Games? They screwed the pooch. Even with Live! updates to the dashboard they still aren't improving it like they could. And the games on the whole are lame.

PS2: How could they leave out three key elements? Network, hard drive, four controllers ... mandatory from this point forward. Software? With the developers from the original Playstation still around (for the most part) they've got quite a foundation, and have a regular supply of really great games. Bunch of crap-tastic ones too, but on the whole a person can be more consistantly entertained by the PS2.

I dunno, just my opinion. If you like XBox games, so be it. I think they're mostly mindless time-passing aids. Pretty to look at. Good for groups. I play my PS2 for hours by myself and enjoy the time.

And what's the point of arguing online about game consoles? We're both wrong. The Macintosh is the greatest game machine of all time.
 
Loudmusic, your wrong about the games, I fail to see how a long time gamer such as your self can fail to see how good some of the games are, it bemuses me. I'm not some mindless hobo who's easily entertain btw, games like kotor and morrowind are hardly a walk in the park :P

Dashboard updates? mod it.
 
It's an opinion. Some people like Bush, some people like Kerry. I fail to see how you fail to see that different people have different opinions.

News flash, you might want to sit down for this ... some people don't like video games at all.

QUICK! Someone call 911! I think he's had a stroke!
 
Oh for god sake loudmusic, you opinion is hardly based on fact now is it, it's based on "is it on the ps2? No? Then it's crap".

"ninja gaiden looks ACE, what's it on?"

"xbox mate"

"UGH LOOKS CRAP!"
 
Awesome, another member succumbs to code_kev's rapier wit and fair minded arguments. 👍

Eh, the SNK hardware was primarily for arcades although it's not doing to well unfortunately because of modern gamings emphasis on flashy graphics.
In the few years of late i've turned into a very narrowminded (narrowgenred?) gamer, I used to play all sorts of games fps/action/fighters/shooters etc you name it I probably played it. I thought that on initial release PS2 was a crock of ****, at the time I was loving my Dreamcast and I had a large selection of games multiplayer, online and single player. Then I bought a PS2 when GT3 came out, I loved it playing it from it's release well into this year.
I dunno during that time I kinda lost interest in other genres of games MGS2 sat unplayed after the first couple of days playing it, same with TS2, GTAVC etc. The only game I completed that wasn't a Racing game or a football game was Xenosaga Episode 1 and that was because i'm a big fan of the original PSOne game. Same goes for the Xbox, playing Halo for like a week and then totally loosing interest in the game, that's what has stopped me from buying so many games. Yet i'll still play and enjoy older games like Streetfighter alpha 3, MetalSlug, FFVII and Xenogears.
I think my peak level of gaming enjoyment came and went from 1997 to 2000 after that it seemed to go downhill for me. I mean I enjoyed games before that and i'll still enjoy games now, but if it isn't a racing game or a football game (Ok a Winning 11 game, but there are some promising new footie games like football kingdom which might be awesome in the future) it has to be something special, going past the level of 'OMG it looks teh R0xx0rz and has 0nLiNe n00bs' and the majority of games i've seen recently haven't done this for me on any format.
It's probably just me loosing interest in gaming though, little by little. ;)
 
I feel sorry for you:)But the same thing seems to be happening to me?i have had my ps2 for 2-3 years and only own GT3,GT4 prologue and NFS HP2 (fun game:D).Im only bying an X-Box for Project gotham 1 and 2 and forza.Which is sort of stupid considering i have had to save up for the last 2 years to be able to afford it!
 
I have all 3 consoles. I play primarily on my xbox because I happen to like the games for it, strangely enough. Maybe I just like crappy games...

Believe it or not, at the time that the PS2 was launching, I was holding out for gamecube. I thought it would get Nintendo out of it's downward spiral and back on top. Needless to say, it didnt, but there are some truly fantastic games available for it, just not many.

My PS2 was bought for Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of liberty and Gran Turismo 3. Nothing else. Then, as time passed, I was astonished at the number of good titles for it, so I was glad I invested in it.

When Microsoft announced they were making a console, I laughed and jumped on the MICROSOFT IS TEH SUCK! bandwagon, nitpicking every little thing wrong about it and refusing to accept the fact that it had potential.

Then I rented it along with halo, PGR and Gunvalkyrie on the same weekend. The next week I bought one.

I admit, the games list was pretty dry for the first year (it was actually one of the arguments I would fall back on whenever the subject arose...XBOX SUCKS BECAUSE THERE ARE NO GOOD GAMES FOR IT!), but the release roster has been non-stop ass-kickery as of late. I don't have time to get sick of one game before another totally awesome one comes out and I have to lay down the cash for it. Hence the reason I play Xbox games more.
 
I just hope Conkers rules like it did back on the 64.
 
kinigitt
I have all 3 consoles. I play primarily on my xbox because I happen to like the games for it, strangely enough. Maybe I just like crappy games...

Believe it or not, at the time that the PS2 was launching, I was holding out for gamecube. I thought it would get Nintendo out of it's downward spiral and back on top. Needless to say, it didnt, but there are some truly fantastic games available for it, just not many.

My PS2 was bought for Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of liberty and Gran Turismo 3. Nothing else. Then, as time passed, I was astonished at the number of good titles for it, so I was glad I invested in it.

When Microsoft announced they were making a console, I laughed and jumped on the MICROSOFT IS TEH SUCK! bandwagon, nitpicking every little thing wrong about it and refusing to accept the fact that it had potential.

Then I rented it along with halo, PGR and Gunvalkyrie on the same weekend. The next week I bought one.

I admit, the games list was pretty dry for the first year (it was actually one of the arguments I would fall back on whenever the subject arose...XBOX SUCKS BECAUSE THERE ARE NO GOOD GAMES FOR IT!), but the release roster has been non-stop ass-kickery as of late. I don't have time to get sick of one game before another totally awesome one comes out and I have to lay down the cash for it. Hence the reason I play Xbox games more.


I must admit those were the two titles that clinched it for me, I remember drooling at the MGS2 trailer. I can't remember what game made me buy the X-Box, but something made me go Dayum that's awesome and buy it. I don't think it was halo though. I think I played PGR and Soul Calibur 2 (Although I never knew why seeing as I finished the Japanese PS2 version like a month before I bought the X-Box one) quite a bit, but i've always hated it slightly because I had an incident with MSR and a broken Dreamcast controller. It's something I do, hold grudges against games, the same goes for the first TOCA on PS2 I almost bought it again for the X-Box barring the fact that it pissed me off so much stopped me buying it and the second one. I'm kinda wierd like that. You know if Gran Turismo went to the X-Box, or crazy Japanese Racing games like Kaido Battle and Battle Gear i'd probably be playing my X-box more.
It's just down to what games are on what format, most of the games on the X-Box I don't like, most of the games on the GC I don't like, most of the games on the PS2 I don't like but there are a few more on the PS2 that I do like. Not that those games I don't like are crap, they just don't interest me. I mean you'd probably find Winning 11 8 dull as ****, wheras i'd find Fable dull as ****. Eh why am I explaining that people have different tastes? Nevermind i'm just rambling, or turning in to a Long-postwhore (like some crazy Texan).

Maybe this should be moved to the Gaming in general forum.
 
MistaY
I must admit those were the two titles that clinched it for me, I remember drooling at the MGS2 trailer. I can't remember what game made me buy the X-Box, but something made me go Dayum that's awesome and buy it. I don't think it was halo though. I think I played PGR and Soul Calibur 2 (Although I never knew why seeing as I finished the Japanese PS2 version like a month before I bought the X-Box one) quite a bit, but i've always hated it slightly because I had an incident with MSR and a broken Dreamcast controller. It's something I do, hold grudges against games, the same goes for the first TOCA on PS2 I almost bought it again for the X-Box barring the fact that it pissed me off so much stopped me buying it and the second one. I'm kinda wierd like that. You know if Gran Turismo went to the X-Box, or crazy Japanese Racing games like Kaido Battle and Battle Gear i'd probably be playing my X-box more.
It's just down to what games are on what format, most of the games on the X-Box I don't like, most of the games on the GC I don't like, most of the games on the PS2 I don't like but there are a few more on the PS2 that I do like. Not that those games I don't like are crap, they just don't interest me. I mean you'd probably find Winning 11 8 dull as ****, wheras i'd find Fable dull as ****. Eh why am I explaining that people have different tastes? Nevermind i'm just rambling, or turning in to a Long-postwhore (like some crazy Texan).

Maybe this should be moved to the Gaming in general forum.

Yeah I got it, different strokes...blah blah.

But, in my humble opinion, someone that plays Halo and is not at least mildly impressed is a nutter and should be locked up. ;)

btw, I don't find W11 dull. I quite like it actually (I only played 7 on ps2)
 
kinigitt
I just hope Conkers rules like it did back on the 64.
It looks like it will 👍
 
Well you should be glad. Yamauchi's team has actually been pushing the PS2 to its full limit with this game, and so far, this is the first game I've seen pushing the PS2's power. Sony should be very happy with this title has now, they can see their masterpiece at work oni its maximum. 👍
 
LoudMusic
Honda should make a console.

that would be cool.

It would be efficient, small, reliable, sharp-handling and sell cheap.

And it would also get good mileage! And have cupholders in just the right spot.
 
neostars
yeah that, and make sure they put in VTEC 4 extra processing power up top.

The fact that an engine has variable valve timing doesnt really have much to do with it having more power. It just allows more aggressive timing when a certain redline is hit by switching over to a bigger cam. It's basically there so that people can get fuel economy and a bit of juice in the same package.

A lot of Honda racers convert their engines fom VTEC to Non-VTEC, as it is a hindrance.
 
Sarcasm Started.....

I've been gaming for ages, and i still concider PONG above any game of today, come on fellas how could you not. Its beautiful textures and gameplay is simply amazing.

I also cant wait for PD to bring in Blades of grass that stick up and move when you drive over them, geez that is soo gonna make GT's driving experience soooo much better. Oh look to the right theres a 3d tree, now my lap time has dropped 3 tenths, how goods that!!!!

Sarcasm Ended.....


Basically get over the xbox vs ps2 crap, coz neither are better than the other. They simply have brilliant games to their credit. I for one am staying with my PS2, until i can get a free xbox, lol, simply my opinion and choice and i know some others who are the same. Lets just leave it at that.
 
i don't own either console now, but i still have a lot of them back in europe. dc, neo geo, n64 etc.
i feel that i will buy both soon, PS2 because of gt4 and the xbox because of some game showcased at the TGS.
I only noticed in one replay, there was a white RUF porsche and the wheel housing had so many edges, it looked like an octagon, not really round. It's of course because of the PS2's age, but it really looks odd when you see it, especially up close.
 
amuSe
i don't own either console now, but i still have a lot of them back in europe. dc, neo geo, n64 etc.
i feel that i will buy both soon, PS2 because of gt4 and the xbox because of some game showcased at the TGS.
I only noticed in one replay, there was a white RUF porsche and the wheel housing had so many edges, it looked like an octagon, not really round. It's of course because of the PS2's age, but it really looks odd when you see it, especially up close.

Frankly, at this point, I wouldn't buy either one. Wait a couple years for the next round of consoles.
 
Yeah, good advice, skip over ps2 so you completely miss the release of the century...GT4
 
Back