Announcing GTune 5 for iOS - Now supports ALL Cars & latest DLC

• Thread starter pgagoober
  • 419 comments
None that I can think of. I am really proud how well this works. I'll spread the word! Thanks again.

None that I can think of. I am really proud how well this works. I'll spread the word! Thanks again.

Thanks a lot Eric. If any of you take part in other forums, send 'em here for info. This is the best place to be anyway, right? :sly:

pgagoober
Thanks a lot Eric. If any of you take part in other forums, send 'em here for info. This is the best place to be anyway, right? :sly:

Hey anytime. Keep up the good work! And yes GTP is the best forum around.

If you could add the ruf rgt any any other ruf cars I would be glad to get this app it sounds like its pretty sweet. An I sure do love the way the rr drivetrain handles. :)

Ganja souljah
If you could add the ruf rgt any any other ruf cars I would be glad to get this app it sounds like its pretty sweet. An I sure do love the way the rr drivetrain handles. :)

Already done :) The following were added in version 1.01, which is available now :

RUF BTR ‘86
RUF CTR2 ‘96
RUF CTR “Yellow Bird” ‘87
RUF RGT ‘00

Thanks!

Great work pgagoober, really nice app AND for the price of one beer over the bar, well worth the dollars spent. 👍 Especially handy for those nights you drop in on a random room and there's a certain car or PP being used that you haven't driven for a while and need something sorted quick smart. Hope it does well and you're able to get an Android version up in the future. Definately worth being on both platforms. :)

^Thanks! That scenario is exactly what I want to address with the planned "Tunefinder" feature. I want you to be able to plug in the event requirements and quickly see a sorted list of the most applicable tunes. I'll be working on it after I get the transmission tuner and standard car support completed.

Can't wait for the Android App, its too bad i sold my iTouch. Oh well. Seems like a great app and will be waiting on the Android version. When the Android App does come out, I have one request, and one request only. The 1972 Honda Life Step Van. Don't let me rush you on it though. I'd rather it be well done than rushed. Awesome idea for the app, I must say, Hopefully it becomes a #1 at something. (other than being my #1 tuning ap) :3

Just a quick question (you must be sick of them) is there a way that for example you could say "id like that tune to work for X track with Y car".

So say I had an 'intune' tune for a Ruf Btr for indionapolis and I wanted the same charechteristics on nurburgring or cote d'Azur, could it be made to do that? :)

Ellis
Just a quick question (you must be sick of them) is there a way that for example you could say "id like that tune to work for X track with Y car".

So say I had an 'intune' tune for a Ruf Btr for indionapolis and I wanted the same charechteristics on nurburgring or cote d'Azur, could it be made to do that? :)

I'll never get sick of questions - they mean people are interested in using the app :)

To answer this question, the app can't do that at the moment. If you want to generate a tune for a specific track, you need a base tune which is already tuned for that track.

I have given some thought to building in some artificial intelligence which would attempt to identify your own tuning patterns as you switch from track to track. It would probably need many existing tunes that it could analyze before it could produce any useful mappings. I certainly haven't dismissed the idea though, in fact I included it in my patent application. By its nature it will make more sense as a feature to add later on when most users will already have a good database of tunes to feed the system.

Its a shame I don't have IOS nor an android phone. :grumpy:

Windows phone ftwwwwwwww ;)

Sweet 👍

I'll b checkin' that out :cool:

It works on I-Pod touch also ?

Yes - provided you have one that is running iOS 5.x. There is a bug with iOS 4.x support in version 1.01. It has been fixed and I'm working on submitting version 1.02 to the App Store right now. 1.02 will support any device running iOS 4.x or above.

Thanks!

I hope the Trueno has the same stats as the Levin because Trueno > Levin.

~Turtle
turtle.gif

Turns out some of the suspension tuning ranges are slightly different on the Trueno so I'm including it in 1.02 :)

pgagoober
I will be looking into adding more sample tunes for different scenarios such as Rally, Drift and Drag

I can help here if you would like. I use this app mainly for the purpose of saving my drag tunes, it's a little hard due to the fact I need to flip my transmission, pm for more depth, but very useful 👍

Version 1.02 has just been submitted to Apple. It includes the fix for iOS 4.x users aswell as some cars requested here. My sincere thanks to the iOS 4.x users for their patience. Hopefully Apple won't take too long to approve the update.

Here are the cars I added:

★ Mazda :: RX-7 Type R (FD, J) '91
★ Nissan :: 180SX Type X '96
★ Nissan :: 200SX '96
★ Nissan :: 240SX '96
★ Tom's :: X540 Chaser '00
★ Toyota :: Sprinter Trueno GT-Apex '83

All right. So, I was testing this out for the first time, and here is what happened:
I started with the M4 Audi R8 4.2 FSI Tronic. I applied the tune by Redline, as well as punching in the numbers in GTune 5. I took the car out to Cape Ring Inside and did a hot lap, noting the heavy but not undrivable understeer mid-corner, but otherwise perfect handling. I then used the inTune feature to adapt that tune to the front engined Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IV GSR '96, and took it around for a hotlap at Cape Ring Inside.
It should be noted that the downforce balance of the R8 was not able to be replicated with the Lancer. The R8 had a balance of 10:40 and the Lancer has a balance of 0:20, which may warp results.
Anyway, I took it around the track, and the first thing I noticed was heavy, but not undrivable, understeer in mid-corner and in corner exit. Other than that, it seemed to drive like someone had taken that R8 and put ballast in the front. I mean, obviously it was slower, but still felt very similar.

Which brings me to my question. Is inTune capable of tuning yaw control? I know that the Lancer would be faster because of it, but I am not sure if any AYC could be used in adapting non-Lancer tunes...?

Overall, wonderful application and I expect to use it to create base tunes a lot.👍

Thanks gamerdog! It definitely sounds like the lack of front downforce on the Lancer is causing that understeer. Does the Lancer have a front wing option that can add any downforce? If you could even get it to 5:20 on the Lancer it should be much closer to the handling of the original tune.

I have not yet been able to come up with an acceptable mapping between LSD and AYC settings. I figured most users would choose to use the LSD anyway since it gives more flexibility. Are you using the LSD with your tune or did you stick with the stock AYC?

Thanks gamerdog! It definitely sounds like the lack of front downforce on the Lancer is causing that understeer. Does the Lancer have a front wing option that can add any downforce? If you could even get it to 5:20 on the Lancer it should be much closer to the handling of the original tune.
Sadly, the Lancer has no front down force options. The app said that in order to get the balance perfect, it would have to be 0:1...:indiff:

I figured most users would choose to use the LSD anyway since it gives more flexibility. Are you using the LSD with your tune or did you stick with the stock AYC?

I usually use AYC as it offers better handling and overall better tune, but in that test for the sake of consistency I used the LSD.

gamerdog6482
Sadly, the Lancer has no front down force options. The app said that in order to get the balance perfect, it would have to be 0:1...:indiff:

I usually use AYC as it offers better handling and overall better tune, but in that test for the sake of consistency I used the LSD.

It would be worth trying it without any rear downforce if that is an option (sorry, I'm not at my PS3 right now to check the options). You may lose a little rear-end grip but get back to the balance of the original tune.

ripcurl
i am sure its been mentioned already, are you making one for android?
i dont have an apple device to use this with.

If the iOS app is successful, I will definitely be looking into developing an Android version.

what is it $5?

if its something you need/want, thats a cheap price to pay.

a fraction of what new games/equipment nowadays cost

I have this app on my wife's ipad and is working great. I had my wife use her account to download to my old iphone version 4.2.1, 8gb memory, so I don't have to borrow her ipad when she's on it and I'm trying to work on a tune. When I tap the setting button it does nothng but goes back to the home screen. Is this one of the bug you are referring to?

Edit: Or do I need to buy this again for the iphone?

Back