Answers To All Of Your GT4 Questions

• Thread starter usernamed
  • 724 comments
Do you you have any images of the Polyphony Formula One Car?
Does it really exist in GT4?

Dollarman

usernamed
Answers to your GT4 Questions

Order:

1. Number of Cars
2. Car Manufacturers
3. Courses and Locations
4. Opponents (how many and the AI)
5. Online Mode
6. Photo Mode
7. Prologue
8. Release Date
9. New Effects (weather, fuel, oil, etc..)
10. Gran Turismo Mode (GT4's new Simulation Mode)
11. Miscellaneous (HDD, GT4 Demos)
12. F.A.Qs
13. Links
14. Credits
15. Updates

Section I : Quick Reference

1. Number of Cars:
There are 706 cars in the Asian versions of GT4. Most likely this will be the same list for the Europe and North American versions of the game. Don't forget to look at the famous The359's "Gran Turismo 4 Official Car List".

2. Car Manufacturers:
80 manufacturers from all over the world. All of the manufacturers can be seen at The359's Gran Turismo 4 Official Car List.

3. Courses and Locations:
50 (an additional 16 for Photo Mode (see below)), including all courses from previous GT titles, locations from all over the world. Here is a list of all the tracks in the Asian versions of GT4.

4. Opponents:
There are 6 racers in a race. The AI (opponent's driving/race strategy/thinking) has a new engine. This basically means that GT4 opponents will be more competitive. Therefore being harder to win races.

5. Online Mode:
Online Mode, isn't actually online. Only LAN games will be supported by GT4 (due to lag problems.). 6 players per race. Xlink is compatible for online racing (see below).

6. Photo Mode:
16 locations only available for Photo Mode, can save pictures on Memory Card (or a USB device), can print with specific USB printers, can customize the lens, focus, lighting, and many more. Detailed Photo Mode Explanation (56k users, may take long)

7. Prologue:
Demo released in Asia and Europe. Only PAL and NTSC-J versions available. No North American releases.

8. Release Date:
GT4 has been released in Japan. It is due for the 1st of 2005 for North America and Europe.

9. New Effects:
Weather effects (rain, snow, etc..), Fuel consumption, Crowds are now 3-D and interactive.

10. Gran Turismo Mode:
The Gran Turismo Mode is the new simulation mode. This mode consists of 39 different "resorts" (as you can see here). This is where you spend your countless hours. You can also hold up to 1000 cars in you garage. And there is no drifting mode.

11. Miscellaneous:
The PS2 Hard Drive is not compatible with GT4. Two demos have been released from the promotion of GT4. The first demo released was the Gran Turismo Special Edition 2004 Toyota Demo. The second demo released was the GT4 BMW Series 1 Virtual Drive available in Europe. There was also a Japanese demo released (and leaked) by a magazine.

12. F.A.Qs:
Please go to Section 2. (next post)

13. Links:

14. Credits:

15. Updates:

There 2 Formula Cars you can unlock. The first is at the Nurburgring 24 Hours endurance race in Endurance hall. The second is the same car but in black like the black Le Mans car in used cars. You can win the black one at the Formula GT World in Extreme Hall. As for images here are two examples.

fonza
:cheers: is the b-spec mode good or bad

B-spec is where the computer drives and you tell him what to do, you can switch between B-spec and A-spec (you drive) in the pits anytime.

GT
look back one page to see it, it's almost at the bottom

i thank you for taking the time to do this

I havent got the game but everyone says the game looks better, I havent heard anyone say it looks worse than GT3.

You choose to get the bonuses from GT3 and Prologue, it doesnt do it automatically ( I am glad).

whoa thank god we get to chose, i mean it would suck big time if oner had to delete an old GT3 save or Prologue for that matter in order to start fresh. thanx for that bit of info, i can now start playing some GT3 again!

anyways, you live in australia right, when do you get GT4, i just called a buch of stores here and they all said 11th of march..hell even my preorder sheet says 11th....you guys get it the 9th right?

and the graphics issue is something that people are really saying, thats why i want to see it myself!

GT
whoa thank god we get to chose, i mean it would suck big time if oner had to delete an old GT3 save or Prologue for that matter in order to start fresh. thanx for that bit of info, i can now start playing some GT3 again!

anyways, you live in australia right, when do you get GT4, i just called a buch of stores here and they all said 11th of march..hell even my preorder sheet says 11th....you guys get it the 9th right?

and the graphics issue is something that people are really saying, thats why i want to see it myself!

Australian realise date is set for the 10th (because we are ahead of you guys so they delay us). My local store says they are getting it in on the 8th (tommorrow) but cant sell it intill the tenth.

I wouldnt worry about the graphics, just look what Amar says about it in his thread https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=55346

Do you have any info on the las vegas strip. ie: length, anything like the test track straight any images?

yeti
Great thread Usernamed... This should answer a lot of questions...

One thing though...

You were discussing GT4:P and you mentioned the tracks...

"5 tracks (Fuji Speedway, Tsukuba Circuit, Grand Canyon, New York)"

You forgot the 5th track "Citta d'Aria" (SP?).

Once again. Great work.

C.

well, i just talked to some shops on the phone and some are giving me the 11 as a release date as i said, i guess it really doesnt matter as long as we get it this week eh ;)

I searched and couldn't find the answer so I guess this is the best place to put it.

I REALLY want the rims from the RX7 FD RZ but on a non black RX-7. The problem is that every FD is black, so i'm probably just going to buy another FD and wait until I find RZ rims. For the special rims (the stock rims from various cars) how long is each cycle? How long do you guess it'll take to get them?

Hi!

If this has already been answered, please re-direct me to the answer...

What are the sound options for GT4, I know it's Pro Logic, but are the SFX and Music volume adjustable?

CHEERS!

Does ''breaking earlier'' help understeering?
I've played the game today in the store and found most of the cars understeering.
How can I solute this problem later in the game? Sn00pie siad braking earlier helped which I also noticed while playing. Anything else?

You can prevent understeering by not accelerating too hard out of the corner, depending on the car and how the cars weight is shifted that will cause understeer or oversteer, braking early will give you more time to keep the car under control as you enter the corner which will help, but if you hammer the accelerator down you could still find yourself understeering. Early braking does help, a lot but that alone doesn't solve the problem, and ANY advice you get from Sn00pie is worth listening to.

live4speed
You can prevent understeering by not accelerating too hard out of the corner, depending on the car and how the cars weight is shifted that will cause understeer or oversteer, braking early will give you more time to keep the car under control as you enter the corner which will help, but if you hammer the accelerator down you could still find yourself understeering. Early braking does help, a lot but that alone doesn't solve the problem, and ANY advice you get from Sn00pie is worth listening to.
Thanks! 👍 👍

Umm which steering wheels work with GT4? I have a logitech wheel for my pc but i doubt that i cuold plue into the usb prot on my ps2 and work*the exact same wheel has a ps2 counter part*. I really don't wont to shell out $150 for the GT4 wheel. So what other wheels would u all suggest?

PLEASE SOMEBODY HELP!

Is there any way to switch off that ****ing ghost car on Free Run?

And how can I use my own, tuned cars in Arcade Mode? Is it some kind of option to unlock?

Thank you for your answers.

21st

Rb26dett_240sx
Umm which steering wheels work with GT4? I have a logitech wheel for my pc but i doubt that i cuold plue into the usb prot on my ps2 and work*the exact same wheel has a ps2 counter part*. I really don't wont to shell out $150 for the GT4 wheel. So what other wheels would u all suggest?

Why don't you try pluggin your PC USB Logitech in your Playstation2 ?
You won't dammage your PS2 and you might have a good surprise to see that it works.
It works the other way around: My Ps2 Driving force wheel works nicely when plugged into my computer.

21st
PLEASE SOMEBODY HELP!

Is there any way to switch off that ****ing ghost car on Free Run?

And how can I use my own, tuned cars in Arcade Mode? Is it some kind of option to unlock?

Thank you for your answers.

21st

1) press up on the d-pad

2) you can only use them in 2 player or lan mode (there is an option at the top of the screen - load garage cars).

Help please.

There was a recent thread describing the experiences of noticable in-chasis damage that occurs while hitting the obstacles / walls on the track.

Can somebody tell where is that thread?

I think the thread you're looking for is the "Car Physics Change?" thread. erm... as i don't have a clue how to put a link in i can't link it, but it's near the end of page 3. (now i just gotta hope a whole load of threads are made and it ends up on page 4). anyways i hope that helps.

on a side note would anyone mind explaining how to post a link to other threads?

I have 1 problem, in arcade mode wen i race any of the RUFS there isnt sound in bumper cam and roof cam only wen i have the view outside the car i can hear it, the outside view is poor as well i hate the fact that it sticks to the way the car is moving, is there a way to change this?

mybe becouse of the name of the thread somone can tell me how it turn on 1080i graphics and that for HD TV on the PAL version.

any help will be much appeicated

Im sure this has been answered, but I was unable to find it.

Is there any limit to the amount of cars in your garage?

can you buy and own all 700 cars?

Back