Anwser please

• Thread starter RacingAF
  • 142 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
...And Im in no way being rude.. I'll pick this game up in 6 months when its in the five dollar rack next to the rest of the same old thing...."But boy it sure looked good"

...from what Ive seen its no diffrent than Forza... Seems all people are worried about is how good the game looks instead of gameplay and options...

How is that not being rude and dismissive.

Re.: you OP:

...Why is this feature so hard for developers grasp??...And please don't say its a time issue... They've had plenty of that...
It's not hard to grasp. And yes, we are saying that it's a time issue because it IS. Please don't ask questions and tell people that they can't give you the one answer that is the correct one.

If you worded your question differently you'd get a different response I can only echo FuriousDemon here: "You reap what you sow.". Even so you've got many good and polite answers.

It's not hard to grasp. And yes, we are saying that it's a time issue because it IS. Please don't ask questions and tell people that they can't give you the one answer that is the correct one.

If you worded your question differently you'd get a different response I can only echo FuriousDemon here: "You reap what you sow.". Even so you've got many good and polite answers.

Umm... No... Its a legitimate question. Do you guys have money invested here or something? Why so hostile? This game looks great no doubt however other than that I fail to see much difference worth 60 bucks unless you are a hard core multiplayer if you already have forza... I was hoping this game had the one thing forza didn't: customizable livery AI editor. Turns out it doesn't and that's a sore spot for the defenders of the faith around here... Relax its all cool boys...

Umm... No... Its a legitimate question. Do you guys have money invested here or something? Why so hostile? This game looks great no doubt however other than that I fail to see much difference worth 60 bucks unless you are a hard core multiplayer if you already have forza... I was hoping this game had the one thing forza didn't: customizable livery AI editor. Turns out it doesn't and that's a sore spot for the defenders of the faith around here... Relax its all cool boys...
I'm not saying it's not a legitimate question, and it has been answered in full. I'm not being hostile, I'm trying to advice you on how to present a question in a manner that will be well received and inspire people to help. The lack of a livery editor (at launch at least) is not a sore spot for us (allowing myself a spot of friendly sarcasm, I could say that it may look like it's a sore spot for others though...;)). Claiming so after all the courteous and helpful answers you got, even if you don't like the simple and factual answer, is not particularly endearing. Try to be more polite and you'll see it reflected in the responses :)

Edit: assuming that you're not trolling I'll offer an answer for this too:
Do you guys have money invested here or something?
Yes, many people have invested/contributed to the game. The reason Project CARS is being made is because of SMS' grand idea of opening the rather special WMD crowd funding platform, and that more than 20.000 racing enthusiasts funded it and contributed to the development with suggestions, testing and analysis and even direct content contributions.

Last edited:
I'm not saying it's not a legitimate question, and it has been answered in full. I'm not being hostile, I'm trying to advice you on how to present a question in a manner that will be well received and inspire people to help. The lack of a livery editor (at launch at least) is not a sore spot for us (allowing myself a spot of friendly sarcasm, I could say that it may look like it's a sore spot for others though...;)). Claiming so after all the courteous and helpful answers you got, even if you don't like the simple and factual answer, is not particularly endearing. Try to be more polite and you'll see it reflected in the responses :)
Man I'm not trying to be a prick ... Really... You know how hard it was to get this question answered? Maybe I just overlooked it...But my point is the same : This game albeit great is just not that much different than any of the other top market games... When I heard PCars was going to have options like PC on consoles I thought YES!! But just not the options I'm looking for and frankly I think its a little dishonest not to tell console gamers that there isn't custom liveries... But I'm glad y'all are getting a game that hits the spot for you... I'm whishfully waiting for the options I want before shelling out the money that's all...

Console players will just use livery editor to draw penises or rude words.
Just racing decals basic paint would be fine with me... I love shopping for vintage race cars with historic detail like Foyt, Senna, Pearson, Lauda ect....

Edit: assuming that you're not trolling I'll offer answer for this too:

Yes, many people have invested/contributed to the game. The reason Project CARS is being made is because of SMS' grand idea of opening the Very special WMD crowd funding platform, and that more than 20.000 racing enthusiasts funded it and contributed to the development with suggestions, testing and analysis and even direct content contributions.
Wow... And no one wanted custom livery editors?... Looks like I'm going to be waiting a long time...

Last edited by a moderator:
Man I'm not trying to be a prick ...
I understand, please consider some of the advice though.

... frankly I think its a little dishonest not to tell console gamers that there isn't custom liveries...
Nobody has ever told console gamers that there will be custom liveries, or rather a livery editor. Please, there is no dishonesty there. Never before has a game development project been more open about what it will include or not.

In case you don't know what WMD is about, have a read here, and you will see that this is a game made by dedicated enthusiasts for fellow gamers, with an unprecedented open development model.

Wow... And no one wanted custom livery editors?... Looks like I'm going to be waiting a long time...
As I said in my first reply to you, and I quote "Just so it's said, it's not that WMD/SMS didn't want a livery editor (we do),". It has been explained several times that it didn't make it into the game this time around because we wanted more racing related features in first and it's a matter of priorities and time. I hope you consider your question to have been answered by now.

Last edited:
I understand, please consider some of the advice though.

Nobody has ever told console gamers that there will be custom liveries, or rather a livery editor. Please, there is no dishonesty there. Never before has a game development project been more open about what it will include or not.

In case you don't know what WMD is about, have a read here, and you will see that this is a game made by and for dedicated enthusiasts, with an unprecedented open development model.

As I said in my first reply to you, and I quote "Just so it's said, it's not that WMD/SMS didn't want a livery editor (we do),". It has been explained several times that it didn't make it into the game this time around because we wanted more racing related features in first and it's a matter of priorities and time. I hope your consider your question to have been answered by now.
Ok I've seen plenty of people ask the livery on consoles question on other forums but no anwsers .... Second : How about maybe on some future DLC?....And yes anytime you buy a game that is supposed to surpass a game like Forza yet doesn't have atleast the same basic features like a livery editor you can expect some blow back from paying customers who expected it to be there...

Ok I've seen plenty of people ask the livery on consoles question on other forums but no anwsers .... Second : How about maybe on some future DLC?....And yes anytime you buy a game that is supposed to surpass a game like Forza yet doesn't have atleast the same basic features like a livery editor you can expect some blow back from paying customers who expected it to be there...
Forza is a different type of game, more of a jack-of-all-trades, like Gran Turismo. It has a broad appeal because of that. This isn't that type of game, this is more of PC style sim adapted to console players. If you're not familiar with PC sims, they don't have game economies, they don't have large car counts and they don't have built in livery editors either, the liveries are done on PC's and imported, not possible on a console. This game isn't meant to compete directly for the entire audience of GT or Forza, it's targeted to the guys and gals that want some hardcore racing and tuning simulation. If that doesn't float your boat then this isn't the game for you and I suspect lots of people will feel the same way. A game that's limited to tuning, Time Trials, Offline Career and Online racing isn't for everyone.

We are entering a golden age of driving and racing games and it won't be hard for us to each find several games that scratch our proverbial itch.

Forza is a different type of game, more of a jack-of-all-trades, like Gran Turismo. It has a broad appeal because of that. This isn't that type of game, this is more of PC style sim adapted to console players. If you're not familiar with PC sims, they don't have game economies, they don't have large car counts and they don't have built in livery editors either, the liveries are done on PC's and imported, not possible on a console. This game isn't meant to compete directly for the entire audience of GT or Forza, it's targeted to the guys and gals that want some hardcore racing and tuning simulation. If that doesn't float your boat then this isn't the game for you and I suspect lots of people will feel the same way. A game that's limited to tuning, Time Trials, Offline Career and Online racing isn't for everyone.

We are entering a golden age of driving and racing games and it won't be hard for us to each find several games that scratch our proverbial itch.
For me the golden age was with games such as nascar heat (still being modded 16 some years later) Nascar thunder 03 thur 06 (Really great ideas and pretty good AI on some of them ) Early GT on PlayStation was great for its time as well...F1 codemasters could stand better AI... However what I'm saying is some of games today look awesome but lack the fundamental thing like rearview mirrors on over the hood and roof cam (which I'm wondering PCars has this btw ??)...Simple stuff that was put in games forever ago seems to be thrown to the wind just to make a game look just alittle sweeter.... Give me options man!!!

...I fail to see much difference worth 60 bucks unless you are a hard core multiplayer if you already have forza.
This game albeit great is just not that much different than any of the other top market games...
...anytime you buy a game that is supposed to surpass a game like Forza yet doesn't have atleast the same basic features like a livery editor you can expect some blow back from paying customers who expected it to be there...
We have a thread dedicated to the things that set PCARS apart from other games. And use the edit button instead of posting multiple times in a row, please. 👍
When I heard PCars was going to have options like PC on consoles I thought YES!! But just not the options I'm looking for...
...But I'm glad y'all are getting a game that hits the spot for you...
This is the bottom line, pretty much.

We have a thread dedicated to the things that set PCARS apart from other games. And use the edit button instead of posting multiple times in a row, please. 👍

This is the bottom line, pretty much.
Sorry I'm not much of a forum guy but the only way to find out the details was to join this forum. Lord knows livery info on this game is like trying to find Bigfoot...I'll shut up now but please if any of you guys have the ear of someone who can make things happen remember us casual single players and livery painters...Thanks...

Right, one last posting here...

...However what I'm saying is some of games today look awesome but lack the fundamental thing like rearview mirrors on over the hood and roof cam (which I'm wondering PCars has this btw ??)
Yes it has.

Give me options man!!!
Excuse me sir, but are you taking the piss? "Options" is Project CARS middle name. A little bit of reading around here would make that clear.

...Lord knows livery info on this game is like trying to find Bigfoot...
Again, sir, are you... Oh never mind :P You asked here and you got so much answering that I've seldom seen its like. Come on, be reasonable now.

Last edited:
Right, one last posting here...

Yes it has.

Excuse me sir, but are you taking the piss? "Options" is Project CARS middle name. A little bit of reading around here would make that clear.

Again, sir, are you... Oh never mind :P You asked here and you got some much answering that I've seldom seen its like. Come on, be reasonable now.
Lol... Sorry man... Can I ask just one more?

You can create your own liveries and share via Steam...so basically theres still a way to paint your car, I dunno how this can be possible on consoles tho.

But as other already stated: livery editor was (unfortunatly) not priority #1. I really wanted to have a livery editor, but doing it via 3rd party tools isnt rocket science either :)

I guess the simplest of tools would be if you could create the livery in Photoshop on PC as you would for the PC version and be able to upload that to a PCars website which would link your livery to your console id. Even that requires a lot of work though. If people really want to paint something rude on their cars (only a very small amount do) then they can be reported as with any game.

I'm surprised by the number of users OK with no livery editor. I think it's due to the domino effect....you see one or two similar posts and then you begin to question your own beliefs and conform to what you'v just read. But hen again, the game is still in its infancy, a game that is still unreleased. I would imagine in time, as things settle down, that Slightly Mad Studios will finish a working livery editor for the PS4 and Xbox one and Wii U. Let's not be too proper and gracious and pretend that a livery editing tool doesn't enhance a racing game. It might be difficult to expect it from the get-go, perhaps, considering we're in a time in which developers aren't expected to release a complete game at its launch...

Last edited:
Surprised by the number of users OK with no livery editor but then again, the game is still in its infancy. We're talking about a game that is still unreleased. I would imagine in time, as things settle down, that Slightly Mad Studios will finish a working livery editor for the Ps4 and Xbox one and Wii U. Let's not be too proper and gracious and pretend that a livery editing tool doesn't enhance a racing game. It's difficult to expect it from the get-go, perhaps, considering we're in a time in which developers aren't expected to release a complete game at its launch.
When a livery editor for both user cars AND AI cars comes available then I'm all over it.... To me this is the only thing that really would separate this game from all the others... Pcars is gonna be great don't get me wrong but I'm not a work on a drive shaft for six hours to shave a second type of player... Orginal consoles like ps2 and the first xbox had these features ...Twenty years ago... That says something...

When a livery editor for both user cars AND AI cars comes available then I'm all over it.... To me this is the only thing that really would separate this game from all the others... Pcars is gonna be great don't get me wrong but I'm not a work on a drive shaft for six hours to shave a second type of player... Orginal consoles like ps2 and the first xbox had these features ...Twenty years ago... That says something...
It does say something. It says the game has a different focus and that there is no one game to rule them all. It also says that resources ($$$) are finite and you can't do everything you want to do. Sometimes I think you guys think game designers purposely leave stuff out just to piss people off.

Surprised by the number of users OK with no livery editor but then again, the game is still in its infancy. We're talking about a game that is still unreleased. I would imagine in time, as things settle down, that Slightly Mad Studios will finish a working livery editor for the Ps4 and Xbox one and Wii U. Let's not be too proper and gracious and pretend that a livery editing tool doesn't enhance a racing game. It's difficult to expect it from the get-go, perhaps, considering we're in a time in which developers aren't expected to release a complete game at its launch.
I much rather have them spend their time modeling cars and tracks,than provide a feature that will result in the number of bosoms and genitailer increasing.

It does say something. It says the game has a different focus and that there is no one game to rule them all. It also says that resources ($$$) are finite and you can't do everything you want to do. Sometimes I think you guys think game designers purposely leave stuff out just to piss people off.
No not at all... To me its the focus... Take for example the lastest Nascar games from Eutechnyx as opposed to F1 from Codemasters... Flip flop them and the results probably would have been better as the Euro developers never understood what American fans wanted and vise versa... Perhaps Pcars can bridge the gap...I don't know... However not having the fundamental basics of livery options shows that this game is geared toward the hard core sim racer and I fear with iracing already out there that focus on only one type of racing gamer is foolhardy... Whoever comes up with an awesome racer for online and offline with total livery control and share will rule the roost ... Think about it...

No not at all... To me its the focus... Take for example the lastest Nascar games from Eutechnyx as opposed to F1 from Codemasters... Flip flop them and the results probably would have been better as the Euro developers never understood what American fans wanted and vise versa... Perhaps Pcars can bridge the gap...I don't know... However not having the fundamental basics of livery options shows that this game is geared toward the hard core sim racer and I fear with iracing already out there that focus on only one type of racing gamer is foolhardy... Whoever comes up with an awesome racer for online and offline with total livery control and share will rule the roost ... Think about it...
I think we're going in circles. It's not one game vs. the other, there is room in the market for multiple games with different appeal. Iracing is not now and never will be widespread without a massive overhaul, its too expensive and the focus is too narrow. It also has no offline, no street cars, it's PC only etc.

Games succeed without a livery editor - see gran Turismo.

The game is not just aimed at hardcore fans. Its also aimed that those who want a better racing experience on consoles. the game does not need a livery editor as there roughly 20 for each car with some having more and some having less. a livery editor isn't a basic feature a basic feature is things like online and offline play, adjustable setups, a variety of tracks and cars. a livery editor is a massively complex part of a game. its a 3d photoshop with in the game that has two render in real time on a 3d object. that's no easy task !

The game is not just aimed at hardcore fans. Its also aimed that those who want a better racing experience on consoles. the game does not need a livery editor as there roughly 20 for each car with some having more and some having less. a livery editor isn't a basic feature a basic feature is things like online and offline play, adjustable setups, a variety of tracks and cars. a livery editor is a massively complex part of a game. its a 3d photoshop with in the game that has two render in real time on a 3d object. that's no easy task !
Yet done years ago on consoles with half the capabilities.... I hope this game is successful but I won't bet the farm on it...

I think we're going in circles. It's not one game vs. the other, there is room in the market for multiple games with different appeal. Iracing is not now and never will be widespread without a massive overhaul, its too expensive and the focus is too narrow. It also has no offline, no street cars, it's PC only etc.

Games succeed without a livery editor - see gran Turismo.
Not just racing games...Look at the market : Basketball, Football, Baseball, wrestling ect... All these sports games have community creations for sharing... To leave that out is crazy...To me the Pcars community (or at least the top supporters ) have this snobbish attitude to strict hardcore sim...And that's great but in the end I fear that this minority will not generate enough to keep this series going

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back