Anwser please

• Thread starter RacingAF
  • 142 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Modding has its pros and cons on the one hand it can extend a games life e.g skyrim and rfactor . On the other it can affect the user experience as the quality of mods vary massively; as well as opening up ways for people to steal the highly modeled cars and tracks to import them into other games.

Which will then create tremendous issues for not just sms but the developers of other games. the guys behind assetto corsa had to bring in a extremely strict policy on mods as a small group of people were breaking copyright infringement then posting cars or tracks as "mods".

A livery editor can create similar problems especially if people are using copyrighted material.

Quite. I found a couple of particularly fantastic car mods (think British lightweights) in Game Stock Car Extreme. I was lucky enough to have downloaded it before it was removed by Racedepartment when it turned out the car models were taken from Project Cars (presumably) when the game was briefly password deactivated. The brief time I used them for certainly added to the GSCE experience greatly but of course the work was done by SMS for Project Cars. Once I found out they were SMS property I of course didn't use it again and in fact I instantly deleted them.

However, many legally converted mods are absolutely brilliant and enhance sims no end. The best of Game Stock Car's mods by a couple of track creators/convertors are really great and the Daddy of all mods is Power and Glory for GTR2 which take the experience to another level completely.

Of course when there are multiple versions of tracks around that can cause all sorts of mismatches online if people don't have exactly the same versions. I've seen lots of versions of the Nurburgring and many are pretty awful.

No offense intended man it's just the truth...If the makers of Madden NFL started developing baseball games big problems would arise... That's what happened with the Nascar series...They simply didn't understand stockcar pack racing and the sales reflected that...
Well, that's true. Eutechnyx had no clue. But I'm also European and I know some things about NASCAR... that's what I meant. All good. :)

Well, that's true. Eutechnyx had no clue. But I'm also European and I know some things about NASCAR... that's what I meant. All good. :)
I think debate is a great thing for games it brings out good ideas and I'm not trying to belittle Pcars...It looks awesome and I'm sure it will do well in the hardcore sim market..

I will ... As will many others...

If you like cars and driving games and think it looks like a great game I don't see why you wouldn't still buy Project Cars alongside the likes of Forza. Project Cars has some features that the likes of Forza and GT don't. Much of that has been specifically asked for by the communities of both games along with people from PCSimulatorland.

But... You just... This whole thread was made cos PCars had no livery editor
No man read back...Yes I want livery editors so the painters can create awesome liveries that I can download and create my own ride as well as the AI cars to race against...No console racing game has ever done this...I don't wish to race 90s stock cars against some guy named Tom Chen lol...

I really do think that to much has went into graphics these days... Don't get me wrong everybody wants a great looking game but gameplay and options must be there as well...Once again this game is gonna be great but its not the total package...
Believe me, I'm with you on this, but this is not the game to be pointing your finger about it.

Project CARS will let us choose the weather, time/date, race formatting (including practice/qualifying and multiclass racing), detailed AI settings, even customize the HUD and some graphics effects (on consoles!). Forza Motorsport 5 doesn't allow any of that. As much as I enjoy making a car "my own", those are some great options that should make for a deeper experience than anything else you can get on consoles, if SMS delivers. And even if you want custom liveries, those are available on PC.

You're welcome to your opinion of the game, but some of your claims are contradicted by just a quick perusal of PCARS's most-advertised features, which is part of the reason why people are giving you a hard time.

If you like cars and driving games and think it looks like a great game I don't see why you wouldn't still buy Project Cars alongside the likes of Forza. Project Cars has some features that the likes of Forza and GT don't. Much of that has been specifically asked for by the communities of both games along with people from PCSimulatorland.
I am tempted... But if I do its gonna be PC... I need a new one anyway...But damn no mods!! Finally the right game comes along and still can't get the options I'm looking for lol... The best toys always come in the boxes you can't open...

There are no mods,no livery,no Logitech wheels with PS4.
Any other questions you need answered?

No man read back...Yes I want livery editors so the painters can create awesome liveries that I can download and create my own ride as well as the AI cars to race against...No console racing game has ever done this...I don't wish to race 90s stock cars against some guy named Tom Chen lol...
IMO it's really not that important. The console versions will get designs already created by the community.

too lazy to read all the answers posted already, if the question is Why you should buy this game but have so many 'buts' and observations against it then you should already have the answer yourself, simply don't buy it...

too lazy to read all the answers posted already, if the question is Why you should buy this game but have so many 'buts' and observations against it then you should already have the answer yourself, simply don't buy it...
That's the plan...

Horizon 2......

Forza horizon 2 on xbone has ai with their own custom liveries, gives them a bit of character.

Limited edition and modified packs say hi ;)

Limited Edition purposely being made not available to all regions, and blaming it on the distributor who is just abiding to what the dev has contracted them to do.

EA NASCAR 09 has/had a system where you could make liveries on a PC, and then upload them to your "Locker" on EA's site. I'm sure SMS has a plan for how to apply the livery editor. Honestly, one delay has been agonizing enough. Even with this delay, we still are not getting ovals or historical tracks. That's no reason to have a fit and avoid what's going to be the best racing game to date.

One thing this thread has done was to concisely answer the general question, "why should I buy this game?" Sharing this thread with friends who say things like "I'll wait for reviews", is more efficient than having then sift through a thread started in 2012 when the game began, that has eleventy frillion pages.

If the pure gold in this thread can be mined out, then added to the first post of the general pCARS thread, that would be great. The simple question & answer, "What is Project CARS?", isn't even in that first post. It was probably there in 2012, but is not now.

People who first hear about this game because they stumbled across a video or a Facebook friends mentions it, they use the Google Machine, and end up in this forum, they're not going to read a 500+ page that started in 2012.

So, thanks for asking your question, "why should I buy this game?". Even though the exclusion of painting cars is your reason to thumb your nose at it. I'm sorry, but not having day/night cycles or having engines that sound like GT1 is more acceptable. Everyone has different priorities I suppose.

Limited Edition purposely being made not available to all regions, and blaming it on the distributor who is just abiding to what the dev has contracted them to do.

EA NASCAR 09 has/had a system where you could make liveries on a PC, and then upload them to your "Locker" on EA's site. I'm sure SMS has a plan for how to apply the livery editor. Honestly, one delay has been agonizing enough. Even with this delay, we still are not getting ovals or historical tracks. That's no reason to have a fit and avoid what's going to be the best racing game to date.

One thing this thread has done was to concisely answer the general question, "why should I buy this game?" Sharing this thread with friends who say things like "I'll wait for reviews", is more efficient than having then sift through a thread started in 2012 when the game began, that has eleventy frillion pages.

If the pure gold in this thread can be mined out, then added to the first post of the general pCARS thread, that would be great. The simple question & answer, "What is Project CARS?", isn't even in that first post. It was probably there in 2012, but is not now.

People who first hear about this game because they stumbled across a video or a Facebook friends mentions it, they use the Google Machine, and end up in this forum, they're not going to read a 500+ page that started in 2012.

So, thanks for asking your question, "why should I buy this game?". Even though the exclusion of painting cars is your reason to thumb your nose at it. I'm sorry, but not having day/night cycles or having engines that sound like GT1 is more acceptable. Everyone has different priorities I suppose.
I agree... Mainly because hardly anyone knows this information and the developers nor the senior disciples or whatever they are haven't been to forthcoming on this issue... Many gamers will assume livery options only to be disappointed....There are however ovals and knock off historical tracks as well as knock off historical cars... I'm the bad guy on this thread but I really hope this game is successful... I myself am not buying another racing game that does not have the options I want but in no way trying to insult or discorage others from giving Pcars a try...

Just a question from a newbie (coming from GT5/6) and please excuse me if it has been answered elsewhere already:
Friends telling me rumours about Project Cars can only be played (online) on PS4 if you have PS-Plus Membership!
In the Internet I found contradicting Information about this, so that's why I ask the experts here.
I purchased the PS4 mainly just because of "Project Cars", but have today cancelled my PS-Plus subscription today because I find it too expensive to pay more than 7,- Euros a month for... I don't know what.
Will I be able to Play Project Cars without PS-Plus subscription or what restrictions are there (if any).

Sorry if my question is stupid, but thanks for any info!

Hey Ema, you need a PS+ memebership to play any game in multiplayer on PS4, not just pcars. So yes, you need a PS+ account.

In case you didnt know: There is one other benefit of PS+ and that is two free games per month. Some of them are really good (The Swapper last month, Apotheon and Transistor this month, previously Dont starve, Road not taken etc). Also you get a price reduction on some other games (look out for yellow PS+ icon nect to the price in the PSN store).

Edit: Not sure where you got the 7€/Month, normally it should be 14.49€ for 90 Days, so 3 Months, so less than 5€. Still (too) expensive, but still.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back