Anwser please

• Thread starter RacingAF
  • 142 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
WMD members are making liveries using 3rd party software. So, why not just allow everyone else to do the same. Make a livery elsewhere, them import it into the game.

After release, everyone else on PC will be allowed to do the same. On consoles, this isnt possible because you cant copy files directly into the game directory (thats how it works).

After release, everyone else on PC will be allowed to do the same. On consoles, this isnt possible because you cant copy files directly into the game directory (thats how it works).
Dont see why not... in Supercar challenge we could share the liveries... I used to download and place it somewhere in the game folder and they would appear ingame...

Hey Ema, you need a PS+ memebership to play any game in multiplayer on PS4, not just pcars. So yes, you need a PS+ account.

In case you didnt know: There is one other benefit of PS+ and that is two free games per month. Some of them are really good (The Swapper last month, Apotheon and Transistor this month, previously Dont starve, Road not taken etc). Also you get a price reduction on some other games (look out for yellow PS+ icon nect to the price in the PSN store).

Edit: Not sure where you got the 7€/Month, normally it should be 14.49€ for 90 Days, so 3 Months, so less than 5€. Still (too) expensive, but still.

So not knowing what exactly is meant by "Multiplayer", does that mean I can play PCars without PS+ normally but I just can't see other peoples ranks and things like that (like the "ghosts" of my friends in GT6) , but I can play the game normally (but just for myself)?

Totally different subject but hope you might know... If someone was gonna get a new pc or upgrade for this game what graphics card would be best for Pcars?... Sorry if there's already a thread for this but didn't see one...

So not knowing what exactly is meant by "Multiplayer", does that mean I can play PCars without PS+ normally but I just can't see other peoples ranks and things like that (like the "ghosts" of my friends in GT6) , but I can play the game normally (but just for myself)?

Without PS+ you can play single player normally, not sure about ghosts and leaderboards though, sorry.

@RacingAF: Look harder. The title of the hardware recommendation thread is rather obvious. :rolleyes:

Without PS+ you can play single player normally, not sure about ghosts and leaderboards though, sorry.

@RacingAF: Look harder. The title of the hardware recommendation thread is rather obvious. :rolleyes:
i think they will work, i do not have psn+ now but in driveclub i can race ghosts in leaderboards and even participate in solo and club challanges and off course being part of a club. I can't join the multyplayer race part.

I agree... Mainly because hardly anyone knows this information and the developers nor the senior disciples or whatever they are haven't been to forthcoming on this issue... Many gamers will assume livery options only to be disappointed....There are however ovals and knock off historical tracks as well as knock off historical cars... I'm the bad guy on this thread but I really hope this game is successful... I myself am not buying another racing game that does not have the options I want but in no way trying to insult or discorage others from giving Pcars a try...
Why would gamers assume livery editors when no official source anywhere has ever said there was a livery editor on console?
Just a question from a newbie (coming from GT5/6) and please excuse me if it has been answered elsewhere already:
Friends telling me rumours about Project Cars can only be played (online) on PS4 if you have PS-Plus Membership!
In the Internet I found contradicting Information about this, so that's why I ask the experts here.
I purchased the PS4 mainly just because of "Project Cars", but have today cancelled my PS-Plus subscription today because I find it too expensive to pay more than 7,- Euros a month for... I don't know what.
Will I be able to Play Project Cars without PS-Plus subscription or what restrictions are there (if any).

Sorry if my question is stupid, but thanks for any info!
Yes, you can use all the offline features without PS+. You can race in the career mode, hot lap etc. but you won't have any leaderboards (other than your own), no online multiplayer etc.

Why would gamers assume livery editors when no official source anywhere has ever said there was a livery editor on console?
Yes, you can use all the offline features without PS+. You can race in the career mode, hot lap etc. but you won't have any leaderboards (other than your own), no online multiplayer etc.
Because its a standard feature in all top tear games now...Pcars being hailed as the same options in consoles as PC one would safely assume not only a livery editor but sharing capabilities as well...Yes indeed many options are available but many will feel duped that this feature that is already present in most racing games has been left out...

Because its a standard feature in all top tear games now...Pcars being hailed as the same options in consoles as PC one would safely assume not only a livery editor but sharing capabilities as well...Yes indeed many options are available but many will feel duped that this feature that is already present in most racing games has been left out...
The top racing game of all time on PS is Gran Turismo - no livery editor. Obviously games can be successful without them so long as it's what enough people want in a game. As already mentioned a dozen times, there is no livery editor on console, your opinion is duly noted, continuing to belabour the point is futile. Predicting doom and gloom is futile because the game is not yet released and we have no idea how it's going to be received. It may well be a colossal failure, we'll have to wait another few weeks and we'll know for sure.

The top racing game of all time on PS is Gran Turismo - no livery editor. Obviously games can be successful without them so long as it's what enough people want in a game. As already mentioned a dozen times, there is no livery editor on console, your opinion is duly noted, continuing to belabour the point is futile. Predicting doom and gloom is futile because the game is not yet released and we have no idea how it's going to be received. It may well be a colossal failure, we'll have to wait another few weeks and we'll know for sure.
He asked I answered ...I'm not harping on anything... Perhaps a little clarity from those in the know before hand could stop such inquiries...

I'm going to annoy the OP here by registering with a single post my complete lack of interest in a livery editor, and prettying cars up in general. Thus cancelling out that tick in the "wants" box.

He asked I answered ...I'm not harping on anything... Perhaps a little clarity from those in the know before hand could stop such inquiries...
So the fact that you are wrong makes no difference? It's not in all top tier games as I pointed out because it's not in GT, the top tier of top tier games on the PS for 15 years. Livery editor has never been mentioned as being available on console so there's no reason for anyone to assume it would be there. You're just making stuff up now out of thin air in the hopes of drawing attention to yourself.

So the fact that you are wrong makes no difference? It's not in all top tier games as I pointed out because it's not in GT, the top tier of top tier games on the PS for 15 years. Livery editor has never been mentioned as being available on console so there's no reason for anyone to assume it would be there. You're just making stuff up now out of thin air in the hopes of drawing attention to yourself.
Umm...Drive Club...What's it got in it? Ps only...Forza, Grid, Shift... And Pcars puts out a video of custom liveries with Rowdy Burns 51 Days of Thunder car lol... But there's no reason to assume its there? Drawind attention to myself?... How about drawing some attention to the facts.. I'm wrong? Think not...

How this thread has reached page 5 is beyond me. All of those "questions" could have been answered in the main thread easily. I hope a mod closes this piffle soon.
They should before even more pesty questions arise!! Everybody go back to Pcars worship mode and ingore the 900 pound gorilla in the room...

And I thought we were pretty much done...

upload_2015-2-6_14-13-26.png

Umm...Drive Club...What's it got in it? Ps only...Forza, Grid, Shift... And Pcars puts out a video of custom liveries with Rowdy Burns 51 Days of Thunder car lol... But there's no reason to assume its there? Drawind attention to myself?... How about drawing some attention to the facts.. I'm wrong? Think not...

Because its a standard feature in all top tear games now..

The top racing game of all time on PS is Gran Turismo - no livery editor.

No there is no reason to assume there is a livery editor, that's only in your own mind. Drive Club is the only game on the list on PS4 with a livery editor and it's an arcade game. Why would anyone assume features from arcade games would be in a racing simulator? Are people also assuming we'll have 30fps or be racing around Banff, Alberta? Or that we'll only have 12 cars on track? Or 300 kinds of flower?

You're simply focusing on your own pet peeve then making up "logic" to suit your position. Some would call that trolling or flamebaiting. There's no logic here. There's no livery editor.

No there is no reason to assume there is a livery editor, that's only in your own mind. Drive Club is the only game on the list on PS4 with a livery editor and it's an arcade game. Why would anyone assume features from arcade games would be in a racing simulator? Are people also assuming we'll have 30fps or be racing around Banff, Alberta? Or that we'll only have 12 cars on track? Or 300 kinds of flower?

You're simply focusing on your own pet peeve then making up "logic" to suit your position. Some would call that trolling or flamebaiting. There's no logic here. There's no livery editor.
Funny you didn't mention that livery video posted from Pcars itself... Very deceptive... Ok here's an experiment for you : Go to ebay and type in any Gt game ever and see how much it costs...Then type in Nascar 3... Over a hundred bucks for a used copy if you're lucky..Why? Replayablity ...I'll pick up a used copy of Pcars in June for 15 bucks cause without customization its heading to the discount bin...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back