Anwser please

• Thread starter RacingAF
  • 142 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yet done years ago on consoles with half the capabilities.... I hope this game is successful but I won't bet the farm on it...

Twenty years ago, games were a lot easier to make.

Sounds were not in high def.
A car had the fraction of the polygons inside and outside.
A track didn't have (because it didn't require) high quality textures and objects.
A livery could be done easily because it was going to be plastered on a handful of polygons without having to think about light and complicated shapes among other things I'm forgetting.
Light in general was just static.

HD in general means that everything needs to be extra detailed. It takes work.
"It was done 20 years ago" is not a valid argument.

At least pick a recent example, compare what's comparable. Race Driver Grid's livery system was not too bad, there was a fair amount of freedom to it...

HD in general means that everything needs to be extra detailed. It takes work.
"It was done 20 years ago" is not a valid argument.
I think it's a perfectly valid argument in the early stages of development. You can put virtually feature from yesteryear into a modern HD game if you plan for it -- like how PCARS has weather and night racing (hello, 1990s) while certain other devs have said that's "too hard" to pull off at 60fps. ;) And vice versa: FM5 and FH2 have livery editors because they planned for it from the beginning as part of the Forza formula.

What @RacingAF needs to understand is that SMS have addressed other community requests first, and while a livery editor isn't in the game now, they know players want one. They just don't have the time or opportunity to get it into the game, not by March. Maybe it will appear in the future, if not as an update, then in a sequel. That's all the answer you can get for now.
I much rather have them spend their time modeling cars and tracks,than provide a feature that will result in the number of bosoms and genitailer increasing.
PC gaming is the exclusive domain of nude patches and brothel mods for games like Skyrim, and you've got obscene or memetic spray tags in FPSs. PC/console makes no difference. :P

Not just racing games...Look at the market : Basketball, Football, Baseball, wrestling ect... All these sports games have community creations for sharing... To leave that out is crazy...To me the Pcars community (or at least the top supporters ) have this snobbish attitude to strict hardcore sim...And that's great but in the end I fear that this minority will not generate enough to keep this series going
When someone says, "I want a duck" and the response is, "We only sell chickens", that's not elitist, that's just explaining the fact that you don't sell ducks. When someone continues to say, "But I want chickens, they've been selling chickens for 20 years, why can't you sell chickens, I think it's a mistake to sell chickens", and the response is, "Because we're called the House of Ducks And Only Ducks", it brings your sincerity into question. As far as I can see all of your questions have been directly answered and now you're venturing into the name calling and labeling territory which is unnecessary and unproductive. It's fine to not like the answers, but your only option at this point is buy or don't buy the game, the choice is yours. It's not going to change between now and release to suit you...or me..or anyone else. It is what it is as they say, take it or leave it.

When someone says, "I want a duck" and the response is, "We only sell chickens", that's not elitist, that's just explaining the fact that you don't sell ducks. When someone continues to say, "But I want chickens, they've been selling chickens for 20 years, why can't you sell chickens, I think it's a mistake to sell chickens", and the response is, "Because we're called the House of Ducks And Only Ducks", it brings your sincerity into question. As far as I can see all of your questions have been directly answered and now you're venturing into the name calling and labeling territory which is unnecessary and unproductive. It's fine to not like the answers, but your only option at this point is buy or don't buy the game, the choice is yours. It's not going to change between now and release to suit you...or me..or anyone else. It is what it is as they say, take it or leave it.
I understand that and I've already decided not to buy this game... I let it go and moved on but keep getting these replies lol... I'm over it dude...Disappointed yes but I'm happy y'all are getting a good sim on consoles... The only point I was trying to make was that this game for the casual gamer is not much diffrent than Forza... Not 60 bucks diffrent anyway... Enjoy...

After reading all this I think I'm gonna develop a painting game. Seems like it would sell like hotcakes.
Believe it or not there would be a big market for something like that... Can't wait for the day I can go to community creations and download custom fields of cars both to drive and race against...Stockcar, open wheele, Gt, ect...With adjustable AI on each car!! If you're gonna dream... Dream big....

I understand that and I've already decided not to buy this game... I let it go and moved on but keep getting these replies lol... I'm over it dude...Disappointed yes but I'm happy y'all are getting a good sim on consoles... The only point I was trying to make was that this game for the casual gamer is not much diffrent than Forza... Not 60 bucks diffrent anyway... Enjoy...

Do you buy NBA games to paint the jerseys? The difference between Forza and pcars will be NBA Jam vs NBA 2K. If you want to paint cars on the XBone, go buy FM5. If you want to race cars in a realistic manner including full race weekends, race ending damage and all the other stuff that makes real racing such an edge of the razorblade experience, go buy pcars.

/thread.

Not to be a downer, but to sign up on this site just to post this thread kinda makes me question your motives. Maybe I'm just a skeptic, maybe your just trolling. Who knows. I'm gonna go get started on that painting game now.

Do you buy NBA games to paint the jerseys? The difference between Forza and pcars will be NBA Jam vs NBA 2K. If you want to paint cars on the XBone, go buy FM5. If you want to race cars in a realistic manner including full race weekends, race ending damage and all the other stuff that makes real racing such an edge of the razorblade experience, go buy pcars.

/thread.
I have Forza 5...Great game but time trials is the only mode I play cause the AI is horrible...The livery editor is great but limited to only the cars you drive...I love racing games but honestly haven't seen really good AI in ages...The Caper cars on Pcars look really fun and I think its funny the nascar rip off paint schemes are there but if I'm racing 90s stock cars I want to be able to put the real ones from that era in there...Waltrip, Wallace Elliott, ect.... Same with early F1 Lauda vs. Hunt... I'm a historic racing buff...

Not to be a downer, but to sign up on this site just to post this thread kinda makes me question your motives. Maybe I'm just a skeptic, maybe your just trolling. Who knows. I'm gonna go get started on that painting game now.
I just wanted to find out about livery options cause hardly no one was talking about it...Let me know when you get it done lol...

A livery editor of some sort would be nice. But there are other things that would be a priority for me personally. For instance; having all in-game tracks laser scanned.

I think that the question is what feature would you like to take away/reduce quality of to get a livery editor in the game.

What feature/functionality would you sacrifice reduce to get livery editor in?
  • Reduce AI quality
  • Reduce Physics quality
  • Reduce Sound quality
  • Remove Real-time weather
  • Remove Career mode
  • Remove Day/night cycles
  • Remove Online mode
  • Less cars on track
  • Less detailed car models
  • Less detailed track models
  • etc
That is when the discussion becomes interesting and relevant.:)

I think that the question is what feature would you like to take away/reduce quality of to get a livery editor in the game.

• Reduce AI quality
  • Reduce Physics quality
  • Reduce Sound quality
  • Remove Career mode
  • Remove Online mode
  • Less cars on track
  • etc
Im sure you can still implement a livery editor and keep all of those. Its just a question of how long it takes to make one/implement it into the game.

Im sure you can still implement a livery editor and keep all of those. Its just a question of how long it takes to make one/implement it into the game.
If you're looking to the future, yes. If we're looking at the present, ie. before launch, no you can't. Resources are limited. Everything that is in the game at the moment represents the limit of their resources. If a livery editor was included in the game something else would have to give. Not necessarily something on that list, but something. After launch is a different story, but you still have to give up some other feature to get it.

No not at all... To me its the focus... Take for example the lastest Nascar games from Eutechnyx as opposed to F1 from Codemasters... Flip flop them and the results probably would have been better as the Euro developers never understood what American fans wanted and vise versa... Perhaps Pcars can bridge the gap...I don't know... However not having the fundamental basics of livery options shows that this game is geared toward the hard core sim racer and I fear with iracing already out there that focus on only one type of racing gamer is foolhardy... Whoever comes up with an awesome racer for online and offline with total livery control and share will rule the roost ... Think about it...
NASCAR games by Eutechnyx?
Your kidding right. OK so they got livery working. To bad their last two games are bargain bin fodder.
They were so good at making NASCAR games,they moved development to the States.

• Reduce AI quality
  • Reduce Physics quality
  • Reduce Sound quality
  • Remove Career mode
  • Remove Online mode
  • Less cars on track
  • etc
In this day and age you should not have to sacrifice any of these features... I got on these forums to find out what livery options were available not demand anything... However I really do think that to much has went into graphics these days... Don't get me wrong everybody wants a great looking game but gameplay and options must be there as well... I can't remember who said it but he was right, if livery editors were planned from the jump then they'd be in...Once again this game is gonna be great but its not the total package...

NASCAR games by Eutechnyx?
Your kidding right. OK so they got livery working. To bad their last two games are bargain bin fodder.
They were so good at making NASCAR games,they moved development to the States.
They were horrible... Europeans have no understanding of Nascar ....DMi has took the Nascar series over and is planning a 2016 release... On the Nascar side of gaming the best games were Heat and Nascar 3 on PC...Mainly because modding which is something I've heard isn't possible on Pcars...Don't know if that's true or not but if so talk about shooting yourself in the foot!!! But that's another subject... As for console racing games EA Nascar Thunder 03-06 had some of the best ideas for in game options and AI ...Not just for Nascar but racing as a whole. Shame these ideas weren't built on...

You should buy this game because it will have the best physics, best graohics, best sound, and the most cars on track of any console racing game to date.

If you want to be artistic, get some paint, some brushes, a roll of canvas, some frames, and create some liveries.

They were horrible... Europeans have no understanding of Nascar ....DMi has took the Nascar series over and is planning a 2016 release... On the Nascar side of gaming the best games were Heat and Nascar 3 on PC...Mainly because modding which is something I've heard isn't possible on Pcars...Don't know if that's true or not but if so talk about shooting yourself in the foot!!! But that's another subject... As for console racing games EA Nascar Thunder 03-06 had some of the best ideas for in game options and AI ...Not just for Nascar but racing as a whole. Shame these ideas weren't built on...

Thank you. Very kind. I beg to differ, because I've been watching it for years and it's great fun.

Anyway, I don't need a livery editor. I've got no use for it. There are always some in-game liveries I like available for every car. And as the game simulates a career of a racing driver... I've never seen Kimi Raikkonen, Lewis Hamilton, Jimmie Johnson, Jeff Gordon or whomever paint their own cars and actually race with them afterwards. So there's that. Only my 2 cents. :)

My thoughts on a livery editor is it's a nice to have. However, if members of WMD are able to continue to submit their liveries for the game and these made their way into the console versions then most of the benefit for me would be there. I really like the best of the liveries available from others in the Forza games but actually creating lots of them isn't something I would do a lot of other than a few plastered in Iron Maiden artwork. I just want to drive, drive and drive.

Modding has its pros and cons on the one hand it can extend a games life e.g skyrim and rfactor . On the other it can affect the user experience as the quality of mods vary massively; as well as opening up ways for people to steal the highly modeled cars and tracks to import them into other games.

Which will then create tremendous issues for not just sms but the developers of other games. the guys behind assetto corsa had to bring in a extremely strict policy on mods as a small group of people were breaking copyright infringement then posting cars or tracks as "mods".

A livery editor can create similar problems especially if people are using copyrighted material.

It does say something. It says the game has a different focus and that there is no one game to rule them all. It also says that resources ($$$) are finite and you can't do everything you want to do. Sometimes I think you guys think game designers purposely leave stuff out just to piss people off.
Isn't that how Pre-order incentives and day-one DLC work? :sly:

Modding has its pros and cons on the one hand it can extend a games life e.g skyrim and rfactor . On the other it can affect the user experience as the quality of mods vary massively; as well as opening up ways for people to steal the highly modeled cars and tracks to import them into other games.

Which will then create tremendous issues for not just sms but the developers of other games. the guys behind assetto corsa had to bring in a extremely strict policy on mods as a small group of people were breaking copyright infringement then posting cars or tracks as "mods".

A livery editor can create similar problems especially if people are using copyrighted material.
As long as no money is exchanging hands there are no copyright infringements ... Yes mods extend the life of games 100 fold especially for single offline players... To leave out this ability as well as livery editors is to cut your customer base...I don't like career mode it's just not my bag of tea however if I was going to develop a racing game there is no way I'd leave that feature out cause I know the customer base would demand it... This game has a lot of bells and whisles but without customization lacks long replay appeal ...Are they planing any dlc to address any of these issues ??

As long as no money is exchanging hands there are no copyright infringements ... Yes mods extend the life of games 100 fold especially for single offline players... To leave out this ability as well as livery editors is to cut your customer base...I don't like career mode it's just not my bag of tea however if I was going to develop a racing game there is no way I'd leave that feature out cause I know the customer base would demand it... This game has a lot of bells and whisles but without customization lacks long replay appeal ...Are they planing any dlc to address any of these issues ??
Would you please stop making your opinion sound like it's a fact? You may feel this way, but maybe other people think otherwise (me included). Thanks.

Thank you. Very kind. I beg to differ, because I've been watching it for years and it's great fun.

Anyway, I don't need a livery editor. I've got no use for it. There are always some in-game liveries I like available for every car. And as the game simulates a career of a racing driver... I've never seen Kimi Raikkonen, Lewis Hamilton, Jimmie Johnson, Jeff Gordon or whomever paint their own cars and actually race with them afterwards. So there's that. Only my 2 cents. :)
No offense intended man it's just the truth...If the makers of Madden NFL started developing baseball games big problems would arise... That's what happened with the Nascar series...They simply didn't understand stockcar pack racing and the sales reflected that...

Would you please stop making your opinion sound like it's a fact? You may feel this way, but maybe other people think otherwise (me included). Thanks.
This. You want customisation? Look somewhere else.

This is not Forza this is a simulator. Customization is bottom of the list of stuff to be added to PCars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back