Any help for GT Kart championship 125 shifter and Historic Racing Car Cup??

• Thread starter ToyGTone
  • 40 comments
Bahrain
Parts Unknown
DM me
DM me
Hi GTPlanet members, I have already completed all main races except these two, Any help? cars, tunes and tips are welcome.

Adjust trans ratios for each kart race. I think the first I went 2 ticks right on the top speed, 2nd race was back to normal and the GT ARENA race was 93mph. I've done the GT arena race close to 40 times now.
For the historic cup, I used a detuned Chapparal. It was cake.
The AI is pretty idiotic, in both series, as they ram you quite often as if though you're not on track with them.

I think this has been answered before, but nevermind.

I really had no problem with the shifter karts, only races i didn't win the first time was at GT Arena and Willow Springs, and that was my own fault.

The clue is to take it easy and not to push the kart past it's limits. I was a bit nervous before these races, but I was pleasantly surprised.

I haven't completed the Historic Races, so I can't help you there.

For shifter karts, add 18 Kg to the rear, which is the opposite end of where it should go. For the last race, GT Arena, give it full gas from the start of the turn that leads to the high speed straight.

In the historic car cup i recommend you to use the dodge challeneger racing from the 69' i think. Is the gran turismo version of the car, you can find it in the Dealership>dodge tune it, (put all available parts) and change the maximum speed of it (with the geatbox config.) With that car you'll win easily

125 Shifter is actually easier than the previous championship. Just adjust the gears carefully depending on the track and you'll win easily. Just be as steady as you can with the steering and gas inputs and you'll win with no problems. Shifters are actually more forgiving than the non-shifter Karts.

Also, play around with the ballast. I don't remember my settings right now, but I'll check this afternoon and post them.

Thanks for the tip about shift kart, i have completed it and i just need more help aboutt the historic racing car cup.

Thanks for the tip about shift kart, i have completed it and i just need more help aboutt the historic racing car cup.

I haven't done that one yet. I tried with the GT40, but it simply doesn't stand a chance against the 2D's and 2J's. and I don't want to tune it. I'm thinking about using the Daytona Coupe since it's the cheapest of the historic cars, but I want to be sure if it will stand against the competition.

Hi GTPlanet members, I have already completed all main races except these two, Any help? cars, tunes and tips are welcome.
The shifter kart races were really easy. The only tracks that you might need to change your setup for is for Willow Springs to allow more top speed on the transmission, especially when drafting and shortening your gear ratios on GT Arena for more bottom end since you practically won't go past 95 mph on that track. The AI all use the standard setup that comes with the kart when you first buy it so you can gain yourself an advantage by changing gear ratios to suit the track. I find that I didn't need to change my ratios other than GT Arena and Willow springs though.

If money is a concern the Dodge Challenger race car works when tuned up. Still a challenge though and good luck winning against 2J's or the Toyota 7. I beat the 2D's with it for the win in the second race. Then I bought a Chapparal after all the big bucks you get for the seasonal events and 200%. What a joke when you use that car. Just gotta detune it a little as someone said.

I used the 69 Camaro Race car. Had 2 2Js up front on the first race, took me about 6 tries but managed to win it. 2nd Race had a Toyota 7 up front, won that one on the first try but had to block the Toyota on the straight once I got in front. 3rd race had a 2J up front, no problems in that one though that car is quick the Camaro can beat it so long as you gear it right and do not make any big mistakes

I haven't done that one yet. I tried with the GT40, but it simply doesn't stand a chance against the 2D's and 2J's. and I don't want to tune it. I'm thinking about using the Daytona Coupe since it's the cheapest of the historic cars, but I want to be sure if it will stand against the competition.
The Daytona Coupe works. I got gold with that car with a DS3. You just need to block at the end since the other cars are still faster in a straight line.

Yeah the karts are a little tricky until you get used to them, especially if you are used to driving with aids as there are none on the karts. Main thing is to just be careful not to overdrive, oversteer or over throttle the kart. The Arena is the trickiest one, very easy to spin out in the 125cc karts if you are not careful with the throttle

For the 125 shifter series, I adjusted my auto gear ratio to each track accordingly, and set 30kg of ballast weight, in the full rear position. Keeps the kart super planted, less twitchy, but a tad bit of understeer.. Just break earlier and use smooth steering inputs, and you'll take the gold in each 3 races, no problem.

Oh and the historic racing cup, I used a Toyota 7 '70... Piece of cake.

Thread carefully for the shifter karts. But make sure to push it when you go to GT Arena.

For the Historic Racing Car Cup, use the Anni cars if you have one. I recommend the Daytona Coupe and GT40.

I just went with the Countach as that worked well in GT5 against the Toyotas - quite cheap as a base car, you'll just have to put everything on it. Nitrous is a marvel with that car.

bleeeaahhh that historic racing car cup was so annoying.. I wish they'd mix up the grid more so every race wasn't me trying to max out a tuned car to catch those dang Chaparral cars... I'd give anything for a historic race without a Chaparral or Toyota 7.. :irked:

If you want to just beat it outright, save your money and buy the Chaparral 2J, you'll destroy the field.

I had the 2J in my garage when I ran the race. I did not use it because that would have been to easy, I also had the AE cars but chose to use the Camaro for a challenge and the first race was indeed a challenge with the 2 2js up front the others not so much.

As for the shifter karts I just jumped in and drove them, won the championship then went back to the Gt arena to get gold on it as I spun out in the race and did not finish well.

But yeah if you want the races to be easy get a 2J or a Toyota 7 and it should be pretty easy so long as you do not crash much.

Karts - brake smooth, turn-in smooth, full-throttle all-the-time... Makes it harder to spin.
Lol hard to tell whether or not if OP is using a DS3 or 900° wheel... Lol if he's using a wheel, easy... But if he's using a DS3, **** son. No bueno for smooth braking.

I finally beat the GT 125 Kart Championship.. my GOSH was it annoying! I'm using a Dualshock 3 controller and when I drive cars I usually use the right analog stick for the gas/brake and the shoulder buttons for shifting.. well.. I decided to treat the karts like an arcade game so I put the transmission on automatic and assigned the gas/brake to L2 R2 like I use in NFS games.. I adjusted the transmission for each track to give me more speed in the longer tracks and faster acceleration on the smaller ones and was able to come in first in the first two races and I gave up winning the 3rd race in the GT arena.. I try to drive hard but be gentle as to not spin out and maybe my L2 R2 triggers are too sensitive because I have to be so gentle with the gas... of all the hand holding PD does with us in GT6 they decided to make skid recover force unavailable for the karts??? whyyyyy??? I cannot slide because half the time I spin out.. ARGH!! but I beat the championship and I doubt I'll ever play these stupid kart races ever again. YUCK!! :yuck::yuck::yuck::yuck::yuck:

Back