Any of you dumped PD's GT for good? I need a bit of a push...

• Thread starter Fat Tyre
  • 134 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
PC master race for the win.

Actually as I understand it the Assetto Corsa AI is in its early stages and you're best off racing online like with iRacing.

I don't really race online so will stick with the game with better AI.

I did it! I just bought an Xbone. It's updating its jujus now. After that I'll have to download Forza 5 so I think I'll have a pretty long wait... In the meantime they threw Assasin's Creed for free as well as a Lego game so I guess I'll have a go at them :)

Nice, let me know how you feel with Forza. Is there anything with that is NOT better than GT6?

-Sonny

I did it! I just bought an Xbone. It's updating its jujus now. After that I'll have to download Forza 5 so I think I'll have a pretty long wait... In the meantime they threw Assasin's Creed for free as well as a Lego game so I guess I'll have a go at them :)
I'm sure you won't regret it :D I look forward to your opinions

Add me to your friends list if you like so we can race together :cool:

Tag is in my signature 👍

I jumped over way back in forza 3. No regrets. Forza 5 on Xbone is great. Cant wait for horizon. But did pre order Project cars for my PS4.

Actually as I understand it the Assetto Corsa AI is in its early stages and you're best off racing online like with iRacing.

Most would call me one. I love my computer and PC games. But I think sim snobs get on a high horse with nothing to back up what they are saying. They can't admit its more of an educated guess than fact.

Forza 5's biggest flaws are not its physics; just like Iracings biggest strength isn't its physics. The answer to both would be racing community. I really wish Forza would take the SPORT of motor racing seriously (because that's what it really sucks at simulating). But it is a fun game with a good physical simulation (especially the tires).

^Totally agree, it's only since playing Grid Autosport that I've remembered what proper qualifying and practice rounds bring to a race.I wish T10 spent a little time getting this right as it'd add so much to the game. Hopefully Project CARS has this covered.

Got my Xbox last weekend! Getting forza 5 tonight.. We shall race ;p leave me your gt, mines hard to make out!. oOL0N3W0LFOo <<I think this is right. Download 2 free games with gold as well pal,and trials+mgsv are 10-12 pound each,bargains.
Enjoy

When it comes to online racing, there's no comparison to iRacing, PC or consoles and its not even a close race either. Its just that far ahead of everyone else.

As for offline racing or small club racing, Assetto Corsa, Game Stock Car, rFactor 2 are all very impressive.

When it comes to online racing, there's no comparison to iRacing, PC or consoles and its not even a close race either. Its just that far ahead of everyone else.
I don't think anyone's disputing that, just that it seemed a bit harsh to dismiss console titles as toy racers for kids because of iRacing's online experience.

I don't think anyone's disputing that, just that it seemed a bit harsh to dismiss console titles as toy racers for kids because of iRacing's online experience.

Console titles are no worse for online racing than many other PC top notch racing games either and I don't call any of them toy racers. Just stating that when it comes to online racing, there's iRacing and there's a HUGE COLOSSAL GIGANTIC gap between it and everyone else.

Most would call me one. I love my computer and PC games. But I think sim snobs get on a high horse with nothing to back up what they are saying. They can't admit its more of an educated guess than fact.

Is that aimed at me? I hope not because I have owned or played almost every single race sim, semi-sim and arcade racer that has been released in the last two decades. Whether it be on console or computer, there is no guesswork here, I know what I am talking about and have plenty of experience to back up my claims.

Console titles are no worse for online racing than many other PC top notch racing games either and I don't call any of them toy racers. Just stating that when it comes to online racing, there's iRacing and there's a HUGE COLOSSAL GIGANTIC gap between it and everyone else.
I didn't say you were. It seemed a bit harsh of the other poster. It may be entertaining to subscribe to the "kick the door in and spray the room with bullets" school of internet posting but different revenue models, different target markets and different release schedules don't seem to make for a fair comparison.

Last edited:
I didn't say you were. It seemed a bit harsh of the other poster. It may be entertaining to subscribe to the "kick the door in and spray the room with bullets" school of internet posting but different revenue models, different target markets and different release schedules don't seem to make for a fair comparison.

Roger that.

Is that aimed at me? I hope not because I have owned or played almost every single race sim, semi-sim and arcade racer that has been released in the last two decades. Whether it be on console or computer, there is no guesswork here, I know what I am talking about and have plenty of experience to back up my claims.

I'm not sure what your point is. What are your claims? and why should your "experience" be enough to back them up? Is your experience objective tests, to whatever your claims may be?

My point is I am no 'sim snob' and I am in a position to make an assessment, and my assessment is not an educated guess. It's plain to see, regardless how shiny the cars are or how good the physics are, the actual racing is still lacklustre. Multiplayer aside, there is no longevity outside of the extremely repetitive 2-3 lap 'races' unless your into hotlapping.

They give you all kinds of great tools to customise your car but limit what you can do to customise your racing. Let me set up my own championships, let me pick my opponents cars, liveries and ai strength. Let me pick the weather, time of day... Whatever tools are in whatever game, let me use them to their full potential. I could go on and on.

How was changing from GT to Forza?
A welcome change of pace for me. GT4 at the time left me largely empty and longing for something that felt less sterile. I remember spending many hours, wow, playing the original Forza Motorsport on my uncle's Xbox. It also introduced me to the Speed GT World Challenge racing series, now known as Pirelli World Challenge. I liked the livery customization and the (relatively) good car variety, and Maple Valley was (mostly) a good time to be had.

I didn't pick up Forza 2 because I thought the soundtrack was awful enough to be a turn-off from the rest of the game.

I did pick up Forza 3, and its menu music was better, although the cars now actually felt closer to GT4 than the rest of the Forza games... super-heavy and much snappy. Wow.

Forza 4 was the last one I picked up, mostly because street racers don't interest me and I don't have a XB1 for the latest Forza. Great stuff, everyone already talked about it, so I won't say more.

Are you happier or does it end up being the same?

A little happier. There's still a few key features missing that make it really stand out, as Trevor has stated.

What do you miss from GT?

The cute kei-cars. I wanna swap a bike engine or something in one of those so bad.
Also Daiki Kasho's music.

Just tell me anything I think I just need a bit of convincing.

It's a good series to jump into, although it's probably best if you start with FM5, as it's the latest and therefore probably the most active title in the series. Be warned that the Season Pass DLC is more expensive than the one for FM4, but the variety is far better, so maybe it makes up for that?

Multiplayer aside, there is no longevity outside of the extremely repetitive 2-3 lap 'races' unless your into hotlapping.

They give you all kinds of great tools to customise your car but limit what you can do to customise your racing. Let me set up my own championships, let me pick my opponents cars, liveries and ai strength. Let me pick the weather, time of day... Whatever tools are in whatever game, let me use them to their full potential. I could go on and on.
Turn 10 seems especially reluctant to do anything to advance the gameplay formula, which is why I recommended Forza Horizon in my post. Sadly, Polyphony Digital just appears to be floundering.

@Fat Tyre , something I forgot to add to my post is that you don't necessarily need to "dump" GT to enjoy a racing game on a different platform. If you have the funds and want to try out something new go for it. Don't worry, you won't be labeled a "fanboy" for temporarily or permanently jumping ship to a different console. It's your money and when it comes to something like this, all that matters is your satisfaction.

My point is I am no 'sim snob' and I am in a position to make an assessment, and my assessment is not an educated guess. It's plain to see, regardless how shiny the cars are or how good the physics are, the actual racing is still lacklustre. Multiplayer aside, there is no longevity outside of the extremely repetitive 2-3 lap 'races' unless your into hotlapping.

Then I'd have to say no. My post isn't directed at you at all. In fact I think I was saying basically the same thing.

Last edited:
I'm sure you won't regret it :D I look forward to your opinions

Add me to your friends list if you like so we can race together :cool:

Tag is in my signature 👍

Hey Paul, thank you I'll add you tomorrow. I've been pretty busy and I haven't bought xbone live gold or whatever it is called yet so no multiplayer for the moment. Will do next fortnight, I bought the car pass and well the console was 500 AUD and I'm pretty certain I'll have to get the TX wheel since I'm rubbish with the controller so I'll have to spread out the expenses or wifey will start asking questions... I also want to get the t3pa pedals, I know it's crazy... :)

Got my Xbox last weekend! Getting forza 5 tonight.. We shall race ;p leave me your gt, mines hard to make out!. oOL0N3W0LFOo <<I think this is right. Download 2 free games with gold as well pal,and trials+mgsv are 10-12 pound each,bargains.
Enjoy

Cool thanks, I'll add you as well!

@Fat Tyre , something I forgot to add to my post is that you don't necessarily need to "dump" GT to enjoy a racing game on a different platform. If you have the funds and want to try out something new go for it. Don't worry, you won't be labeled a "fanboy" for temporarily or permanently jumping ship to a different console. It's your money and when it comes to something like this, all that matters is your satisfaction.

Hey, no problem. Yeah I just wrote it that way to be silly. I don't care about brands and I don't understand this stupid forza vs gt nor console vs PC rivalry either, I'm just done with GT because at the moment to me just sucks and the latest news such as keeping ps2 assets in a next gen game made me think that they haven't learned anything and the next game will be an absolute turd. GT was going to be only reason why I would get a PS4... So yeah if they get their feces together and deliver a solid game I will return to it no problem. :)

By the way to you all, I am loving Forza but I'm having a hard time adjusting to playing with a controller again and I am not really liking the console itself. I'll write more once I have more time with the game. Thank you all!

By the way to you all, I am loving Forza but I'm having a hard time adjusting to playing with a controller again and I am not really liking the console itself. I'll write more once I have more time with the game. Thank you all!

That's great. Adjust those dead zones, it does make a difference. I'm curious to know what you think after a few games.

My gamer tag is SlyNine. Feel free to add me.

Yes after I heard standards would be in GT7, I decided that was the final straw. I have already bought the X1 and will be trading in GT6 and my PS3 within the next couple weeks.

I heard standards would be in GT7
Really? That is outrageous, is there any way possible you could link me to source?

It's not that I don't believe you as I do, i'd just like to forward on to a few people.

[Edit] Found the relevant thread.

Last edited:
I prefer Forza to GT but I still love the GT series. I don't think it's possible to like one and hate the other. I've played every GT since GT and every Forza since FM2. I'm having fun with these games.

Last edited:
I don't hate GT at all but I am just seriously done with dealing with the standards. I still have all the other GT games on the PS2. I did like GT6 a lot but I feel I am just moving away from the series. I did not like GT5 at all but at least GT6 was a huge improvement IMO. I have no interest in the PS4 so at this point I believe my GT journey is coming to an end. Maybe in 5-6 years when ALL the 1,000+ cars are premiums, I might be interested again. Until they are ALL premiums, I am just done with the GT series.

If all of that isn't enough, the Playstation Network got hacked attacked again. Honestly, its just time for me to trade in my PS3 and move on.

Last edited:
If all of that isn't enough, the Playstation Network got hacked again. Honestly, its just time for me to trade in my PS3 and move on.

No it did not. Get your facts right. If you think this is 'hacked' you might as well give up gaming altogether because it happens and can happen to any service.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back