Any update on selling cars yet?

• Thread starter IcySlivers
  • 280 comments
...in a way that skirts gambling definition, in sense that there's no way to pay for the tickets directly.
Which is why I just named it "lootboxes", regardless of how they work.

You could actually argue they are worse in the way that even if you have all the money in the world you cannot get whatever it has that is completely exclusive to it (engine swaps, special car parts, invitations). 🤡

Instead of making everything in the game be acquired with skill, effort, time, and actually give you a sense of accomplishment, instead you have this RNG crap, that was created because its following the bad example of other companies... PD just decided to make it in their own way, but its still effectively, lootboxes.

Last edited:
Through it might be moot soon, it seems that ASA have caught the wind of my complaint I sent to them about it, since they replied back. (The "being launched in March" part likely refers to the word selling being mentioned in general on PS website/Store, i.e. it had been marketed that way since launch.)

20220914_211608.jpg

All it really means is that they'll contact Sony Europe and make a formal request to have the word and any mention of the word selling removed from ads and the PS Store in the UK. However, I don't expect much to come if it beyond that. Is there the equivalent of ASA in Japan? Hit them in their own territory too I'd say if it's really that bothersome to you.

Which is why I just named it "lootboxes", regardless of how they work.

You could actually argue they are worse in the way that even if you have all the money in the world you cannot get whatever it has that is completely exclusive to it (engine swaps, special car parts, invitations). 🤡

Instead of making everything in the game be acquired with skill, effort, time, and actually give you a sense of accomplishment, instead you have this RNG crap, that was created because its following the bad example of other companies... PD just decided to make it in their own way, but its still effectively, lootboxes.
So you say these „lootboxes“ are even worse because you Can’t buy them?
This is getting ridiculous..

The fact that we have to do this to start a "new game" is truly pathetic.

GT7 has basically every negative aspect of the modern gaming industry.

-Microtransactions
-Lootboxes
-Low-quality and quantity single player content
-Massive grinds
-Always online requirement

Am I missing something else?
Just a few...
  • Bad launch, rushed game
  • Went offline for several hours
  • More Bugs than any previous GT game at launch
  • Bad netcode
  • Crashes
  • unfinished tyre model
  • unfinished physics model
  • Weird Lack of cars for a "Full GT game"
  • unfinished single player career, months after release (this is a sin)
  • neglected game modes such as music rally
  • Rally in all forms is a bare bones driving experience
  • online lobby system that's lacking stuff that GT Sport had...
  • Looks basically like GT Sport with the same driving HUD, where's the creativity?
  • Still didn't fix penalty system from GT6/GT Sport and now it's in just as terrible in GT7....
  • Where is shuffle racing?????
And this was sold to us as the "best GT yet". WTF?

Last edited:
If we're going to give the game a negative point for crashing then all games ever made get a negative point too. Can't just single out GT7 for that and from my experience the game is quite stable when compared to other games on the market.

If we're going to give the game a negative point for crashing then all games ever made get a negative point too. Can't just single out GT7 for that and from my experience the game is quite stable when compared to other games on the market.
Most people expect better from a Sony first party studio, this is not some indie title

Most people expect better from a Sony first party studio, this is not some indie title
Funny that. I've had better experiences with indie titles than I have with GT7. But back to the point at hand, despite its numerous problems, crashing is one I haven't experienced. What exactly are you doing to the game to make it crash?

Last edited:
I'd wager most people are not experiencing crashes either. It's a thing, it happens to any game from pretty much any developer.

Of course you are going to see a concentrated number of people complaining about it in a forum dedicated to the game - especially when people aren't going to be creating posts like "The game didn't crash for me."

You can look up any game and "crashes" to see a laundry list of people experiencing it. I had God Of War crash on me. I don't blame the game, it just happens.

Funny that. I've had better experiences with indie titles than I have with GT7
That's the state of the industry for ya. Either the AAA games are graphically amazing and suck or graphically amazing and good/decent. It used to be that AAA titles were all good games for the most part, regardless of graphical fidelity. Now we have even AAA titles that aren't worth the nameplate. Ie 2042, 2077, the list goes on. Biggest dirtbags in the industry taking away consumer dollars in return for terribly unfinished games

The flip side of this weird timeline is F2P games, but those mostly suck
What indie titles have been better than AAA? I don't recall many but I'm not in the indie scene

Last edited:
That's the state of the industry for ya. Either the AAA games are graphically amazing and suck or graphically amazing and good/decent. It used to be that AAA titles were all good games for the most part. Now we have even AAA titles that aren't worth the nameplate. Ie 2042, 2077, the list goes on
I think that's kinda a rose tinted glasses type thing.

Assetto Corsa and Project Cars 1 were both indie games, and in my subjective opinion we're better than GT. And when I say better I don't mean from a technical aspect, I am merely talking about the fun factor aspect.

Assetto Corsa and Project Cars 1 were both indie games, and in my subjective opinion we're better than GT. And when I say better I don't mean from a technical aspect, I am merely talking about the fun factor aspect.
Project CARS 1 used an entire game engine (madness engine) that was developed for need for speed shift/ Shift 2 (SMS being a studio that was under EA funding and control for both games) and was crowd funded, as all their games are. That's a bit of a stretch to call an indie title with no help or direction in the industry...

Having not played PCARS 1 however, I can't comment on how solid the game is on a controller. All I know is Project CARS 2 did a lot of good but the devs abandoned it after the last DLC, Ian bell known for acting like a snake oil salesman, the handling on a ps4 controller was wack, and I also dislike that they used crowdfunding to do all this and didn't bother ironing out all the bugs. Just took the money and ran. Pump and dump. A lot of very unhappy customers are the direct result of Ian Bell's broken promises and marketing lies

Last edited:
Project CARS 1 used an entire game engine that was developed for need for speed shift/ Shift 2 (SMS being a studio that was under EA control for both games) and was crowd funded, as all their games are. That's a bit of a stretch to call an indie title with no help

Having not played PCARS 1 however, I can't comment on how solid the game is on a controller. All I know is Project CARS 2 did a lot of good but the devs abandoned it after the last DLC, the handling on a ps4 controller was wack, and I also dislike that they used crowdfunding to do all this and didn't bother ironing out all the bugs. Just took the money and ran. Pump and dump
Maybe our definitions of indie differ. I consider PC1 indie since it wasn't exactly a big name title by a big name studio. They may have used crowd funding and technology they acquired from their time at EA, but is that any different than other indie titles that use crowd funding and middle ware like havok physics or better yet devs that create their title using engines such as Unreal Engine? Not sure every title that can be considered 'indie' needs to make everything from nothing.

Last edited:
So you giving them a harder time, because they usually deliver a better quality than most games from other company’s?
Kind of. AAA titles have all the resources and budget in the world, which is why those games typically costed more than other games, because they were of higher quality and set out to make better games than the rest. Key word, were. Guess I'm one of the few that still holds AAA to the standard it should be held to. You're paying for it, might as well demand you get the game that it should be.

Just a few...
  • Bad launch, rushed game
  • Went offline for several hours
  • More Bugs than any previous GT game at launch
  • Bad netcode
  • Crashes
  • unfinished tyre model
  • unfinished physics model
  • Weird Lack of cars for a "Full GT game"
  • unfinished single player career, months after release (this is a sin)
  • neglected game modes such as music rally
  • Rally in all forms is a bare bones driving experience
  • online lobby system that's lacking stuff that GT Sport had...
  • Looks basically like GT Sport with the same driving HUD, where's the creativity?
  • Still didn't fix penalty system from GT6/GT Sport and now it's in just as terrible in GT7....
  • Where is shuffle racing?????
And this was sold to us as the "best GT yet". WTF?
Yeah but those are problems related to the game itself. I just named the negative aspects that exist ACROSS the gaming industry that give games a bad rep. And GT7 has pretty much all of them. Which is a feat on it's own... A very negative one at that.

If I were to name the game's own problems in a list, it would probably be larger than yours.

Maybe our definitions of indie differ. I consider PC1 indie since it wasn't exactly a big name title by a big name studio. They may have used crowd funding and technology they acquired from their time at EA, but is that any different than other indie titles that use crowd funding and middle ware like havok physics or better yet devs that create their title using engines such as Unreal Engine? Not sure every title that can be considered 'indie' needs to make everything from nothing.
Interesting point. Although I find your usage of indie as a misnomer here. PCARS was a big name title within the sim world, which is niche to begin with. Maybe We associate indie with good development practices and upstanding individuals

Interesting point. Although I find your usage of indie as a misnomer here. PCARS was a big name title within the sim world, which is niche to begin with. Maybe We associate indie with good development practices and upstanding individuals
In the grand scheme of gaming it wasn't really a big name though. You ask someone on the street if they have heard of Project Cars and chances are likely that they'll say no, but you ask them if they've heard of GTA, NFS, and Elder scrolls and they will most likely say yes to those titles. PC may be a big name amongst racing fans but that's only because people in the niche are more likely to be paying attention to any developments in their niche. Outside of racing fans PC1 wasn't very known title. So I still am in belief that itcan be considered 'indie'.

Last edited:
In the grand scheme of gaming it wasn't really a big name though. You ask someone on the street if they have heard of Project Cars and chances are likely that they'll say no, but you ask them if they've heard of GTA, NFS, and Elder scrolls and they will most likely say yes to those titles. PC may be a big name amongst racing fans but that's only because people in the niche are more likely to be paying attention to any developments in their niche. Outside of racing fans PC1 wasn't very known title. So I still am in belief that itcan be considered 'indie'.
Sound logic. Then I guess you're comfortable with Ian bell's strategy of crowdfunding and abandoning the game after last DLC? No to sound too aggressive but Ian Bell is not a name I'd associate with good indie games.

Sound logic. Then I guess you're comfortable with Ian bell's strategy of crowdfunding and abandoning the game after last DLC? No to sound too aggressive but Ian Bell is not a name I'd associate with good indie games.
I am not in favor of abandonment for games. One thing I do like about GT7 is the support it has and likely will continue to get. Personally never cared for Ian, he always came off as cocky, but putting that aside, I have enjoyed his games. PC3 is one of the funnest racing games I have played as of late, but I would certainly agree that it was abandoned too early.

I am not in favor of abandonment for games. One thing I do like about GT7 is the support it has and likely will continue to get. Personally never cared for Ian, he always came off as cocky, but putting that aside, I have enjoyed his games. PC3 is one of the funnest racing games I have played as of late, but I would certainly agree that it was abandoned too early.
GT7 is going to become a much better game in time, I'm sure of it.
Is PC3 really all that, finally a good arcade racer? Would you buy the next game Ian bell makes?

I am not in favor of abandonment for games. One thing I do like about GT7 is the support it has and likely will continue to get.
wait until 3 months after GT8 is released when they turn off the GT7 servers and the only thing your hard copy on disc that you paid $70 for can do is play music rally.

wait until 3 months after GT8 is released when they turn off the GT7 servers and the only thing your hard copy on disc that you paid $70 for can do is play music rally.
I don't think this is going to happen... Probably not legal either. They will probably make the game offline and just ignore it completely by not doing any updates to it whatsoever.

GT7 is going to become a much better game in time, I'm sure of it.
Is PC3 really all that, finally a good arcade racer? Would you buy the next game Ian bell makes?
I find it fun and good enough for what it is. It has good variety of cars and tracks and it has engaging AI with difficulty settings that actually matter. The career is a mixed bag for me personally, but it's easy to set up a fun custom race and the cars seem balanced in terms of performance. I'd give a four star rating. Not the best but definitely not the worst racing game.

As for buying another Ian game, it really depends on what he does next.

Didn't read everyone's post, so apologies if it's been mentioned, we have to have 10 of the same car for a Trophy, surely that's too many and should definitely guarantee our ability to sell

Thats basically where I"m at too. That wait though....

Jerome

Didn't read everyone's post, so apologies if it's been mentioned, we have to have 10 of the same car for a Trophy, surely that's too many and should definitely guarantee our ability to sell
I don't think that's a guarantee. But good observation
I find it fun and good enough for what it is. It has good variety of cars and tracks and it has engaging AI with difficulty settings that actually matter. The career is a mixed bag for me personally, but it's easy to set up a fun custom race and the cars seem balanced in terms of performance. I'd give a four star rating. Not the best but definitely not the worst racing game.

As for buying another Ian game, it really depends on what he does next.
I'm afraid of getting PCARS3, mainly due to owning PCARS2 and not playing it as much as I thought I would. If a game has no strict ways to progress I am less likely to progress. That was the problem I had with PCARS2. So many options all unlocked, no reward for completing anything, so why play the game now when I can later? Therefore I never played the game and now I can't because the online playerbase for it on ps4 is dead. bit of a waste. I'm a fairly patient gamer, only ever buying on sale so whatever Ian makes better be interesting, I don't usually like supporting business types

Last edited:
Back