Anybody from FM series that switched to GT5 considering going back?

• Thread starter GTP_Plato
  • 111 comments
Special_1
I was a die hard Forza fan until GT5 came out, in my opinion Forza 3 was a big let down and many of my team members on the FM series switched to GT5 because they thought the same.

It's about 4 months before FM4's release and from what I have seen, it is more than enough to realize that there is a development team there (turn 10) that has really taken into account customer feedback and implemented most things that were asked for. Through all the interviews, game play videos and other sources I have seen so far this game really looks impressive. There is no need to run you through the features as you have no doubt read about them all in the forums.

So then, I for one was never going to get rid of my Xbox and kept hold of it in the hope that Forza would come good in the end, and it doesn't look like it is going to disappoint people.

Please make sure posts are on the subject, so this thread doesn't get closed.

I would like to hear from all Forza fans, please if you are already on Xbox post your Gamer Tag. It would be nice to be able to speak on this thread to veterans and newcomers to the Forza franchise.

Gamertag. Was EMW aDReNaLiN now vX DyNaMiCz Xv

I would think most of us here are die hard racing fans and while sometimes we don't get everything we want in a game we still enjoy them for what they do offer. I was planning on buying Forza 4 from the start as well GT6 when it comes out. I'm clearly getting my money worth out of this games as most console game I done playing them in a week or two.

Always been a huge fan of the Forza games and while I was a little let down by Forza 3 I got more than my moneys worth out of it. Forza 2 is still my favorite in the series but it looks like when the 4th one comes out I'll have a new favorite Forza game. I generally play GT games more than Forza due to the fact I feel Gran Turismo has a better physics engine, but regardless I know I'm going to enjoy Forza 4 and I'll be getting it on launch day. 👍

My Gamertag is PageyTheSquid so feel free to add me.

Parker

I would think most of us here are die hard racing fans and while sometimes we don't get everything we want in a game we still enjoy them for what they do offer. I was planning on buying Forza 4 from the start as well GT6 when it comes out. I'm clearly getting my money worth out of this games as most console game I done playing them in a week or two.

I also like to keep an open mind when it comes to racing games and FM4 will not stop me having the enjoyment I have playing GT5. The GTP community is fantastic especially in the WRS, but I will always opt for what ever the best console racer is at the given time. Come october I may be swaying back towards the FM series unless PD have something up there sleeves between now and then. At this point FM4 looks very hard to compete with for PD. In my opinion though it all comes down to the new physics engine FM4 has to offer, if it's same old I will prefer the GT5 driving experience. Feature wise and fun FM4 looks set to win that battle

Well, I never actually left Forza for GT5, to be quite honest. I just stopped playing FM3 after more than a year of playing it almost exclusively. Bought GT on release, wasn't very impressed and sold it a month later. I'm currently using Shift 2 to get my racing fix. It's good enough for now, and I actually enjoy it quite a lot right now, but I'll be back to Forza as soon as it releases.

If Forza just adds what T10 has shown already to the game that Fm3 was, it'll be without equal on any console, for me.

Well, I never actually left Forza for GT5, to be quite honest. I just stopped playing FM3 after more than a year of playing it almost exclusively. Bought GT on release, wasn't very impressed and sold it a month later. I'm currently using Shift 2 to get my racing fix. It's good enough for now, and I actually enjoy it quite a lot right now, but I'll be back to Forza as soon as it releases.

If Forza just adds what T10 has shown already to the game that Fm3 was, it'll be without equal on any console, for me.

I will admit that I jumped ship when GT5 came out because in my opinion FM3 was awful, even with me saying it was an awful game I played it for nearly a year because there were no other games out there that offered a good racing fix. If you want reasons as to why I think FM3 was awful here are a couple of the main reasons.

If like me you like to compete on the leaderboards with people all over the world this is and always has been one of FM's major flaws, the AWD swap conversion. A game that boasted nearly 500 cars limited you to using about 10 in order to compete for top 10 times reason being mainly to do with the AWD swap and P.I system. You had the porche 550 dominating 5 classes, sorry but there is no fun in driving the same car on every track.

The same can be said for Multiplayer lobbies, if you are not in an AWD it's not worth turning up to race as they dominate the competition.

If these things are still the same in FM4 then I think I will go straight back to GT5, hopefully by the release of what looks to be a promising game from Turn 10, PD would have implemented the missing features on the game, the leaderboards.

Please Turn 10 don't screw up what looks so promising by having the same problems FM3 had :scared:

Yeah, I really hated the fact that only a few cars were actually cometitive in FM3. I hate not being at my best when racing, so I was pretty much forced to go with spec series, if I wanted close racing.

If they've got the Rival think properly implemented, that'd help a bit, but I'd actually prefer it if they just removed a bit of the drivetrain swaps. Swapping a car to RWD was working well in FM3, so they might want to limit it to RWD swaps, if it's not possible to balance the swaps properly.

Yeah, I really hated the fact that only a few cars were actually cometitive in FM3. I hate not being at my best when racing, so I was pretty much forced to go with spec series, if I wanted close racing.

If they've got the Rival think properly implemented, that'd help a bit, but I'd actually prefer it if they just removed a bit of the drivetrain swaps. Swapping a car to RWD was working well in FM3, so they might want to limit it to RWD swaps, if it's not possible to balance the swaps properly.

Same here I spent my time in the A class RWD lobbies because there was a variety of cars you could use to compete with.

On another note, I think we all can guess what the most competitive leaderboard will be on FM4 (Top Gear Test Track) :sly: This is the only time I will not mind driving the same car on the leaderboard :lol:

The only way i would come back to Forza would come down to me being able to use my Logitech Racing Wheel.

I stopped playing Forza when GT5 came out, and expected to be still hammering it to this day, however, I fired up FM3 in anger last month and despite it's flaws, I'm putting more time back into it, so I can get my career back (I messed up transferring my save game when I got a new 360) to a suitable place, ready to get the kickback from FM4..

I'll still play GT5, I like doing the Seasonals (Did a load over the last 3 days), but I've exhausted all the main things I like doing, so that's about all it it now, occasional online, occasional seasonals, I'm shocked it hasn't lasted 6 months for me..

Of course, I'll play GT6, FM5, etc, I just enjoy the games for what they are, I'm not religiously aligned to just 1 game..

I am definitely be going back to Forza in October but I will probably still come back to GT6 in 10 years when that comes out. After Forza comes out I will only play GT5 for the GT Academy if they continue to have it here.

I feel both games have a lot to offer, I don't play Forza 3 anymore, as I'm mainly on GT, but I will get Forza 4, play it a while then head back to GT. If only to drive porsches.

I am definitely be going back to Forza in October but I will probably still come back to GT6 in 10 years when that comes out. After Forza comes out I will only play GT5 for the GT Academy if they continue to have it here.

Both are great games (except FM3):yuck: I will more than likely still be playing both titles when FM4 comes out, PD surely have something up there sleeves surely there not going to bow down to Forza :sly:

If by the time FM4 comes out and PD haven't implemented anything new, most of my time will be spent on Forza providing they don't ruin it with the AWD swap and rubbish P.I system

About 8-9 months ago while off sick from work, I stopped playing GT5P and because friends pestered me to buy an XBOX and get on Forza....I did. Each game as got their +'s but for me it's Forza all the way, the painting and the tuning side have me hooked. Eagerly waiting on F4 now.

Cheers.

Gamertag: Cashwars

I pretty much stopped playing FM3 as my main game mere months after it came out. As a predominantly offline player, there was very little to do that wasn't the rather mundane career and since they decided system link should get removed aswell, I had no reason to build up a garage for the weekly races we had with FM2 on LAN or even try to find the fastest lines around some tracks.

So after a month or two the game just got boring and the easy "hard" A.I didn't really help either.

As someone who was treated badly by T10 employees on their forums I am having a tough time deciding whether or not to purchase FM4. Plato, you already know how I feel as we were on a Forza team together and we have expierienced the same issues with the company and game. Yes the vids for FM4 look great. But so did the vids for FM3. For me it's a really hard decision on whether or not to give this company any more of my hard earned money. I too was a die hard forza fan for the first year the game was out, but after seeing how some people were treated by the company for voicing opinions or even asking simple questions that t10 didn't want to answer, this will be a tough decision.

Formerly EMW Tunelvizion now xTunnelvizionx

These views are from a hardcore racer/hotlapper, not a painter or drifter. If your main interests are designing custom liveries or drifting than fm3 is the game for you as it is amazing in those categories.

As someone who was treated badly by T10 employees on their forums I am having a tough time deciding whether or not to purchase FM4. Plato, you already know how I feel as we were on a Forza team together and we have expierienced the same issues with the company and game. Yes the vids for FM4 look great. But so did the vids for FM3. For me it's a really hard decision on whether or not to give this company any more of my hard earned money. I too was a die hard forza fan for the first year the game was out, but after seeing how some people were treated by the company for voicing opinions or even asking simple questions that t10 didn't want to answer, this will be a tough decision.

Formerly EMW Tunelvizion now xTunnelvizionx

These views are from a hardcore racer/hotlapper, not a painter or drifter. If your main interests are designing custom liveries or drifting than fm3 is the game for you as it is amazing in those categories.

Agree with what you have said, but the way I see it the joy of having both consoles at your disposal will obviously give you the option of whether or not you want to put faith in a developer again. In my opinion since the reigns have been taken over at turn 10, they seem to be taking steps in the right direction and listening to what the community are saying. Having both consoles gives us the option to play the best console racer out there, and like I said, if PD don't "pull there socks up" before the release of FM4 they will get left behind. I am not saying this game is going to be great as nobody can say that until the game is released, but feature wise the game is going to be more entertaining. PD need to implement new features and most importantly leaderboards before the release of this game or they will loose a lot of there fan base. I love GT5, but like I said, I will always play what ever the best racer is at that given time. 👍

I love GT5, but like I said, I will always play what ever the best racer is at that given time.

I agree, and obviously if you get it I will too as you are my #1 mate! lol
And yes, since the firing of Che Chou or however you say his name it should be a much more friendly company. And although GT5 has given me exactly what I want from a racing game I do want FM4 to be good. If the multiplayer is right this time and they figure out how to make more then 10 competitive cars than it will be an amazing game!

I love GT5, but like I said, I will always play what ever the best racer is at that given time.

I agree, and obviously if you get it I will too as you are my #1 mate! lol
And yes, since the firing of Che Chou or however you say his name it should be a much more friendly company. And although GT5 has given me exactly what I want from a racing game I do want FM4 to be good. If the multiplayer is right this time and they figure out how to make more then 10 competitive cars than it will be an amazing game!

Custom public lobbies have already been announced 👍

For me the lack of features and leaderboards, slow load times and other frustrating things with the game, if these problems are not sorted in the coming months, there's no option but to go to forza where they give the features the community has been asking for. Leaderboards for example come as standard in all racing games, PD "missed the boat" here. Whats the deal with not implementing them straight away. I see no truth on what people are saying about the leaderboards coming when they shut down the prologue servers, but we shall see come June 30th

I never quit Forza to come to GT. I play them both. My preference is Forza, because I feel that GT5 is just lacking so much in content and doesn't offer anything to keep me playing the game for extended periods.

If I get tired of racing or want to take a break, with forza, I can go and paint my car, browse other peoples' creations, try to make cool stuff for my vehicles.

So I find myself just goofin off in it more, but I try to spend my time equally between the two to keep me from getting bored too often. (Also throw in F1 2010 in there some and some MLB 11: The Show)

I won't lie, I actually look forward to the new Forza titles, whereas I feel no real hype towards the GT titles anymore (which is kind of sad)

Was a Gran Turismo fan (1 up to 4). Played Forza 1 and 2 but it didn't cut it. I thought Gt5 will be forever in my PS3. But unfortunately I'm hugely disappointed with GT5. It stayed in my PS3 for 2 Months and that's it. Couple of weeks ago a gave Forza 3 a try and I was completely hooked. Felt fresh, enjoyable and I really liked it! Forza 4 will be my next racer I buy.

Forza 4 seems also fresh in it's aproach and new features. It's much more an allround game the a specific hardcore sim or whatever you'd like to call it.

I am not pro Gran Turismo or pro Forza Motorsport, it's just the later delivers what I look for in a racing game :)

I also wanted to mention with Forza I just feel that there is a ton of stuff I can do if I want to. When I get in GT I feel like I can either take pictures of my car or just race.

Not always anything wrong with that, but you can get bored with a game if it doesn't offer much.

What message are you sending out to them Skills, if you return.

Most likely none. I will just try to enjoy the game. Just me, the game and my friends. I will avoid the team scene and the devs/community. After being half-owner of very competitive team and trying to get so many different personalities to get along with each other, and dealing with all the haters and messages I got saying "your team members aren't acting professional, BS" I don't want that stress again. I just wanna race!!!!!!

but after seeing how some people were treated by the company for voicing opinions or even asking simple questions that t10 didn't want to answer, this will be a tough decision.

Very good point that.

Doubt much will change, you are still moderated by default when you sign up for the FM.net forums...

Back