Anybody from FM series that switched to GT5 considering going back?

• Thread starter GTP_Plato
  • 111 comments
Are you kidding? He's clearly on the straight right out of the corner before he's hitting full throttle in that video, the commentator even mentions it. Thanks for providing a video that backs up my point of view.

Agree with this 👍

You watched V8 SCs in real life?

All the time.

They barely get full throttle until they're on the straight, well outside the corner. In GT5, even with racing hards and downforce turned to min. I have way more traction than that.[/QUOTE]

You must have a different Forza 3 then the rest of the public.

Cut the spam or be reported, you've been warned.

No pseudo mods are needed here.

Looks like he's got 100% throttle on just before the exit apex on most of the corners to me.

Yup, this just confirms what we are talking about. Nice.

Are you kidding? He's clearly on the straight right out of the corner before he's hitting full throttle in that video, the commentator even mentions it. Thanks for providing a video that backs up my point of view.

No, I'm not kidding.

Coming out of turn 2, he has full throttle quite a bit before the exit apex or clipping point which ever you prefer to call it.

Turn 3 he hits full throttle on the exit, not after.

Turn 4 and 5 he does have a little hesitation coming out of the slowest corners of the track.

And from what I can remember, the FM3 V8 Supercars don't have too much grip. Wheelspin at pretty much any speed in first gear and you have to be going in a strait line for it to be happy in 2nd. If you're coming out of a slow corner, you have to be very careful on the throttle if you don't want wheelspin. This is something you can only notice if you're really going for a very fast time in the car.

Remember, Paulie has a different copy of FM3 from the rest of us, so that might be his experience.

What the hell is this about FM3? Are the lot of you on drugs? I don't have any Forza, I never mentioned FM3. I'm comparing GT5 to real life, and FyreandIce you are blind. There is NO WAY he is hitting full throttle before or at or even just past the apex in that video, and yes I'm watching his FEET not the telemetry. Both Plato and I can see this very clearly.

Edit: Look, here the commentator is even clearly mentioning it. 50m past the corner!

If anything FM3's rendition is much closer, but I've only given a V8SC in that game a few minute's seat time at a mate's place.

Last edited:
What the hell is this about FM3? Are the lot of you on drugs? Freaking druglords. I don't have any Forza, I never mentioned FM3. I'm comparing GT5 to real life, and FyreandIce you are blind. There is NO WAY he is hitting full throttle before or at or even just past the apex in that video, and yes I'm watching his FEET not the telemetry. Both Plato and I can see this very clearly.

Yes Paulie it is clear as day.

Here you go guys explained from mine and Paulie's point of view.
The car may not be fully out of the corner which I guess is where some of you guys are going wrong.

The driver may have full throttle just before the exit of the corner, but that's because he is pointing and shooting for grip so to speak. In other words he has to make sure the car is in a straight line before applying full throttle.👍

Yes Paulie it is clear as day.

Here you go guys explained from mine and Paulie's point of view.
The car may not be fully out of the corner which I guess is where some of you guys are going wrong.

The driver may have full throttle just before the exit of the corner, but that's because he is pointing and shooting for grip so to speak. In other words he has to make sure the car is in a straight line before applying full throttle.👍

Really?

14sfpi.jpg

100% throttle and 1-2 metres away from out outside rumble strip.

That's exiting turn 2 btw, so yes he does use that ruble strip.

Really?

14sfpi.jpg

100% throttle and 1-2 metres away from out outside rumble strip.

That's exiting turn 2 btw, so yes he does use that ruble strip.

Listen to the commentary on Paulie's video and see for yourself, Paulie is right, you are wrong.

The commentator even says how long he waits to get on the throttle out of the corner. 👍

What the hell is this about FM3? Are the lot of you on drugs? I don't have any Forza, I never mentioned FM3. I'm comparing GT5 to real life, and FyreandIce you are blind. There is NO WAY he is hitting full throttle before or at or even just past the apex in that video, and yes I'm watching his FEET not the telemetry. Both Plato and I can see this very clearly.

Edit: Look, here the commentator is even clearly mentioning it. 50m past the corner!

If anything FM3's rendition is much closer, but I've only given a V8SC in that game a few minute's seat time at a mate's place.

Hell of a sexy sound! Paulie, looking forward racing you in Forza 4 👍

What are Forza's servers like for overseas drivers? My mate doesn't have ADSL interwebs so he can only race Aussies.....if he's lucky.

I haven't experienced any issues with the online part of Forza 3. I think here in Europe all online players have a broadband connection.

In small corners you can forget to touch the gas anywhere near the apex. Those V8s have a ton of troque in the low- and mid-rpms. Even with a controller you will start drifting or spin your car. Those cars are really twitchy and hard to master.

What are Forza's servers like for overseas drivers? My mate doesn't have ADSL interwebs so he can only race Aussies.....if he's lucky.

Xbox live is a bit more stable than PSN. Doesnt have to be, but it is my experience. If your friend doesnt host a lobby, it should work. A connection with 1-2mb (1000kbs-2000kbs {= not the download speed!}) downstream is the minimum in europe to play lag free.

Xbox live is a bit more stable than PSN. Doesnt have to be, but it is my experience. If your friend doesnt host a lobby, it should work. A connection with 1-2mb (1000kbs-2000kbs {= not the download speed!}) downstream is the minimum in europe to play lag free.

Xbox Live is largely irrelevant once you get into a game and that is pretty much across all games. I'm not 100% sure if FM3 runs servers or peer to peer hosting (I would lean towards the latter though because playing with Europeans is, uh, hard at best but when you muster together a bunch of locals(I'm Australian btw), it's pretty good).

Both FM2 and FM3 can be played on Dial-up but I do not recommend it.

On dial-up, expect it to play like this

On broadband against foreigners, it's not too bad just don't get too close to the opponents but with locals, it's pretty damn flawless.

I enjoy Forza but what keeps me with GT5 is I have a better wheel for playing and trying to use the MS wheel is brutal since I have a comparison.

Back