anybody miss the paint chips/museum cards

  • Thread starter Thread starter silentscore99z
  • 15 comments
  • 1,571 views

which do you miss

  • paint chips

    Votes: 25 52.1%
  • museum cards

    Votes: 2 4.2%
  • both

    Votes: 13 27.1%
  • neither

    Votes: 8 16.7%

  • Total voters
    48
  • Poll closed .
Messages
40
Messages
DEMONHUNTERpdgy
i aint gonna lie, i miss finding out which paint chips i am gonna get every night at midnight. what about u guys
 
Both are utterly pointless IMO. The painting of cars should have been identical to Forza and other games where you just pick your colour and go. Same goes for the museum cards. The Info (when Correct) for each car is way more interesting than the museum cards (altho i'll admit the cards cover vehicles not in the game). I'd have preferred it if PD had put customisable driver helmets and uniforms in rather than what we have. I'd be more impressed with being awarded a replica Senna helmet design than a paint chip...or <facepalm> a new horn...gawd what WERE PD thinking?
 
yeah one thing i loved (and made credits on in forza 3) was the painting and customization of cars. i remember one that took me a week to do and i made millions on it
 
i aint gonna lie, i miss finding out which paint chips i am gonna get every night at midnight. what about u guys

It was like a daily gift from PD.
 
Both are utterly pointless IMO. The painting of cars should have been identical to Forza and other games where you just pick your colour and go. Same goes for the museum cards. The Info (when Correct) for each car is way more interesting than the museum cards (altho i'll admit the cards cover vehicles not in the game). I'd have preferred it if PD had put customisable driver helmets and uniforms in rather than what we have. I'd be more impressed with being awarded a replica Senna helmet design than a paint chip...or <facepalm> a new horn...gawd what WERE PD thinking?

I disagree with you to an extent. The only thing the current paint system in GT5 needs to correct is the whole "lose your paint when you use it" scenario.

I don't mind unlocking the paint, for I already have 700-800 paint chips unlocked. I do however have several favorite ones that I can use only once and that's a shame.
 
Am i missing something? Have they stopped doing that?!
 
I disagree with you to an extent. The only thing the current paint system in GT5 needs to correct is the whole "lose your paint when you use it" scenario.

I don't mind unlocking the paint, for I already have 700-800 paint chips unlocked. I do however have several favorite ones that I can use only once and that's a shame.

It's unrealistic, when you go to get your car resprayed in reality the chaps there don't ask "have you unlocked the paint yet mate?"...no you tell them what colour, they tell you the availability and price and get the paint and do the job. The paint part of the game is crap...albeit an improvement over previous GTs. PD seem incapable of seeing what other developers do and applying it if it's good. Also selecting the colour I want from Forza's system is infintely more user friendly than the god awful method in GT5...and even if I search by hue it's often incorrect putting wildly different colours together (like a black smack bang in the middle of yellows),
 
Am i missing something? Have they stopped doing that?!

while PSN is down we're not getting the login freebies of paint chips and museum cards.
 
I miss it. That was part of what I would log on for every day. Now I wonder if we'll get any kind of catch-up reward whenever PSN ever comes back up?
 
Now I wonder if we'll get any kind of catch-up reward whenever PSN ever comes back up?

210-ish cards and paints? I'll take it.
 
Both are utterly pointless IMO. The painting of cars should have been identical to Forza and other games where you just pick your colour and go.

Here's one thing the paint chip system has over a system that just uses RGB sliders or a color wheel:

The ability to paint a car in other actual factory colors. This, IMHO, is a lot better than having to guess at it.
 
I liked the bonus paintchips for making my wild and strange creations. Reflex Spice Schwimmwagens and the like. :D

What we really needed was a paintshop though. I could live without a livery editor if we could choose any paint chip we wanted WITHOUT HAVING TO ACQUIRE THE CAR.
509.png
:lol: And give us an option to put on stripes - in any colour we want - also.
509.png
 
I miss getting the paint despite everyday being almost purely grays/silvers. How many unique silvers could there possibly be?
 
Back