Anyone cancelled preorder after trying the beta?

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by Gunma36, Oct 10, 2017.

1. Gunma36

Gunma36

As in the thread, I'd like to know if anyone is thinking about cancelling the preorder and maybe get the game a little later on.

2. BBQ_of_DOOM

BBQ_of_DOOM

Yes...

...but only because I decided I wanted it digitally instead of physically.

CHEN255, TomBrady, CodeCmdr and 4 others like this.
  3. ironcobra

ironcobra

Yes because of the lack of support for fanatec

Jump_Ace, gh229, EmArA and 3 others like this.
  4. FerrellJ

FerrellJ

I hadn't pre-ordered in the first place but the demo made me have second thoughts about buying it at launch. I may just wait to see what their plans are for post-launch support and then pick it up used. As it stands, the car and track selection isn't particularly compelling and the stuff that is I can already get in other games that drive much better.

The photo modes and livery editors are the only features that might change my mind but I'm even a little disappointed in those.

Skew and Sploshington like this.
  5. Sly_Ripper

Sly_Ripper

Haven't pre-ordered. If contact stays enabled then I'm not buying it. Online is the main component and it's this **** every race:

Ledbetter likes this.
  6. baldgye

baldgye

I played alot of the beta and the extra polish in the game is nice to see, I don't know really... the one thing that's putting me off a lot is the tracks... the track selections for events contiune to be horrible. Ovals, narrow street tracks with smooth walls everywhere and high speed gradual turns...

I don't get it. Street tracks are fun when there is danger, Monaco in an F1 game, has danger, one mistake and your out of the race... in this one mistake and you have a time penalty you can pretty easily get rid of by lifting and coasting into corners...

Skew likes this.
  7. 10,500RPM

10,500RPM

I am almost certainly going to cancel my order, the online racing is like a demolition derby and drifting solo is almost impossible with no wheel.

RC45 likes this.
  8. Dizzy49

Dizzy49

I'm a fan of the old style. I'm more of a casual gamer. I don't have elite racing skills, and I'm not interested in competing online. I'd rather go through at my own pace and compete against the AI. I don't need to get online and get my ass whooped or get pissed off by a bunch of jerks. Pretty much every game I have played have now been ruined by online play and self righteous a-holes and griefers. And of course the game companies embrace that and cater to the online play now. I am sad to see that GT is going this way as well and will likely cancel my pre-order and buy something else, or go back to my Humble Bundle games on my PC.

Skew, Hellburner, ron24 and 5 others like this.
  9. Meteor_Freak

Meteor_Freak

always buy the new GT games on launch... but not this one, I have little interest in driving online. Guess I need to take good care of my PS3, since GT6 might be the last of the true GT games.

Skew, ron24, DNME and 4 others like this.
  10. RC45

RC45 Premium

What these folks said. I have and never have had an interest in eSports. And only do/did online races as a novelty.

Skew likes this.
  11. johanhummer9

johanhummer9

The plan was to preorder right after playing the demo.
    But after driving half a lap with the controller that plan was gone, the steering is so off (see the topic about it).

So yeah when they fixed that ill probably buy the game.

12. Gunma36

Gunma36

Thanks guys, I can totally share your points. I'm thinking to cancel it as well, because ad of now, I even have internet issues, so that would make the game unplayable...so sad.

13. TRD-P0WeR

TRD-P0WeR

I thought about canceling due to the lack of content and resemblance to a "prologue" version of GT. But then again it looks amazing, the livery editor is awesome and the racing gives me an adrenaline rush. We'll just have to trust that PD delivers with the DLCs.

syntex123 likes this.
  14. Dizzy49

Dizzy49

Well right now I'm about to RageQuit from playing Mission 6-8 20+ times and wasting HOURS AND HOURS on it!

p0kerkenny and syntex123 like this.
  15. xJildertx

xJildertx

I just pre-ordered the game specially for the online play. And I didn't experience any lag in those matches. And most matches I played were pretty clean races. Obviously this mode will still need to be improved like penalty checks etc. But I'm sure that they will bring out regular updates seeing as their intention is to be a major esport racinggame.

I can also understand people being put of by the game for the lack of a real campaign mode. But it was pretty clear from the start that it wouldn't be that kind of gt game.

16. JayneS

JayneS

Pick medium race tyres, drive on the leanest fuel (setting 6) and stay out for 10-11 laps on first two stints, and on the last couple of laps set the fuel to full power (setting 1). I managed a comfortable 2nd place and that was with three spin outs caused by the slightest nudge from behind (one flaw in the game that annoys me I have to say).

Nasherwood likes this.
  17. Greatbee

Greatbee

No i didn't, I can't wait for 17. oktober!

18. Tikkaritsa

Tikkaritsa

I was waiting for drifting, the livery editor and online racing.

Well, drifting with a DS4 is almost impossible (see the thread for it).

Livery editor doesn't seem to have layer grouping which makes it really bad in-game.

Online racing has its problems but it's okay and it can be fun.

I'll never preorder weeks, months or years ahead. If I'm going buy the game, I'll preorder one day before release to get the Pace Car Pack.

DaveTheStalker likes this.
  19. EmArA

EmArA

gregorius93 likes this.
  20. Shinu

Shinu

Preordered digital and special physical editions. To each there own. I understand both sides. My only two gripes are:
    1) saving only while online
    2) the space between online races is too big. (If I remember correctly in Iracing you could enter every 5 min. And here you have to wait 20+)

Imari likes this.
  21. Dizzy49

Dizzy49

Three? I had ELEVEN in laps 26-28, and at the beginning of lap 26 I was stopped dead by a traffic cone!

syntex123 likes this.
  22. NJ72

NJ72

I have not cancelled my pre-order and won't be. I really like it.

Controversially, I really like the 'career' mode stuff. The driving missions are quite a challenge and engaging - if not frustrating at times.

Pearl Jam and syntex123 like this.
  23. PozzaP87

PozzaP87

Still keeping my pre-order.

Although can understand where people come from - the GT Sport Mode is demolition derby but I guess over time that will be refined so you get better quality opponents who aren't hell bent on ramming.

The lack of a 'proper' career mode is disappointing but I guess this is a new vision for the franchise so im hoping it will work in the end.

iainn likes this.
  24. DriveSpark

DriveSpark

Full game won't need to be online to save, demo only.

TomBrady likes this.
  25. Lain

Lain Premium

I cancelled my preorder berfore trying the beta.

Then I re-preordered it... also before trying the beta.

It'll arrive before I try the beta.

I'm not trying the beta.

26. Gunma36

Gunma36

Just cancelled mine. But it's just a goodbye, I'll pick it in a month, at a discount price maybe. I'll play F1 2017 meanwhile. And a little AC.

TomBrady likes this.
  27. isamu

isamu

I bought a PS4 Pro off ebay yesterday mostly because of the GT Impressions thread right here in this forum. I'm not too bummed out about the lack of a proper career campaign, because my primary focus is online multiplayer. I play iRacing quite often, where you have no choice BUT to race online. And guess what.....not all races in iRacing are clean either. Tons of wreckers there too, especially in Rookies class.

I also play GRID 2 online on PC and if you think GT ONLINE is a crashfest you should try playing that game! It's a pure **** show! If I can handle GRID 2 online I'm confident I'll have no problems tolerating a few wrecked-filled races here and there in GT Sport.

Online multiplayer racing is extremely fun and exciting. Really not sure where all this disdain for it is coming from.

fikridroid likes this.
  28. Ferrari458Italia

Ferrari458Italia Premium

Love the demo. I actually upgraded my pre-order to the limited edition pack one on Amazon

Pearl Jam likes this.
  29. Dizzy49

Dizzy49

From the fact that they gutted what the casual gamers really liked about the GT series to focus on the online racing aspect, a feature that those same people don't really care about. GT is now a completely different game than what it was, and that's going to invoke a lot of feelings on both sides.

Skew, racingsnail and Master Weasel like this.
  30. Ameer67

Ameer67 Premium

Bad news, my friend:

Dizzy49 and VBR like this.