Anyone cancelled preorder after trying the beta?

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by Gunma36, Oct 10, 2017.

1. Walkinshaw

Walkinshaw

I'll be buying it despite it not being perfect. I think there is enough of a game to warrant a day 1 purchase. I spent a lot of time taking pics in previous GT games and will do the same in this one.

I think the online racing should get better once the driver rating system starts to have an effect. Race clean long enough and you'll end up in races with similar players (I hope!).

fikridroid likes this.
  2. Dizzy49

Dizzy49

I tried a few races yesterday and it wasn't too bad. I was all over the place :p

I tried today and I got an odd message, "For the safety of yourself and others you have been banned from racing."

3. DaveTheStalker

DaveTheStalker Premium

I haven’t preordered yet. This demo confirms that I’ll like it. Can’t decide which is better (most goodies), the steelbook Edition from Amazon or directly from PSN. I REALLY hope they add more of a single player career. Playing online gives me high anxiety with the possibility of screwing up someone else’s race.

fikridroid and DNME like this.
  4. Gr8_Lakes

Gr8_Lakes Premium

Seriously? While I'm all for keeping the race environment clean as possible, how can somebody improve if they're banned? Is it temporary? It's kind of awesome, as long as you can eventually return when your skills have improved.

5. Johnnypenso

Johnnypenso Premium

I assumed it was a joke:lol:

6. RaceFace85

RaceFace85

I canceled the preorder because the handling is completely wrong. No weight transfer under braking or accelerating. Accelerating does not stabilise the rear and braking does not destabilise the rear.

Here is a video where you can see the issue.

7. NingDynasty

NingDynasty

Track selection is the biggest reason I cancelled. Enjoyed my one Sport Mode race and love that core part of the game but highway raceways and weird rovals? Pretty lame.

The handling seems to be the same as GT6 which is fine I guess but the force feedback seemed to get worse not better.

If they re-launch the track editor I'd get it but it's not like our replicas would bleed into Sport mode so I'd probably rarely use the main game component.

8. TJ13

TJ13 Premium

I had 2 spinouts and a 10 second penalty but I was doing soft tyres and normal fuel and still got 1st.

9. Dizzy49

Dizzy49

Yes :D

10. Andretti

Andretti

cancelled mine about 5 minutes ago. No career (single player) mode of any significance? Cool for those who consider this important........But not me, I'm out.

Skew likes this.
  11. SSQES

SSQES

We knew it for months, but you cancelled your preorder 5min ago?

Seems legit

BBQ_of_DOOM and Diego Romero like this.
  12. GT5fanforlife

GT5fanforlife

I’m not canceling Gran Turismo Sport Beta there is so much nice cars to get.

13. Yet some people kept trying to convince that we don't know what's in the game when GTS was criticised for lack of career mode.

Skew likes this.
  14. Parker

Parker

Nope, playing both the beta and demo only made me more excited for the full release.

15. GT5 Level 41

GT5 Level 41

Nope. I'll probably buy two copies to keep one in the wrapper.

16. Jump_Ace

Jump_Ace Staff Emeritus

Legit reason. Maybe try that Drive Hub?

Jerome

17. breyzipp

breyzipp

18. JayneS

JayneS

Well done, have a lollipop :)

19. regnar

regnar Premium

Ordered mine the other day, its out for delivery today, but probably to late for the demo

20. Jump_Ace

Jump_Ace Staff Emeritus

Nice, well you only have to wait 5 days now :D I'm curious to see if this works too. I wish Fanatec would've made a DD PS4 wheel *le sigh*

Jerome

21. 10,500RPM

10,500RPM

I cancelled my order today, i played the demo for 7 hours/ 260 miles of driving but i just isn't my cup of tea.

Skew likes this.
  22. ironcobra

ironcobra

Well it seems that fanatec csl ps4 will be supported in the real game according to fanatecs head. So preorder back on!!

23. Cave

Cave

Cancelled my preorder because of unsupported Fanatec CSL.
    Then ordered a Drive Hub, seems like a nice device. Native CSL support will come, too.
    So back in the game!!

24. JC_Dude

JC_Dude

I would have pre-ordered if the controller issues weren't there. I will buy the game as soon as I get the word it's fixed.

25. Andretti

Andretti

I'm a full grown adult with a wife and two kids in college. While some live for gaming and do little else, I have a house payment due every month and a full time job as well as numerous hobbies that do not necessarily revolve around me sitting in front of a computer for hours on end, day after day, month after month waiting with bated breath for any crumb of information to drop about Turismo Sport.
    I did not have any prior knowledge of a lack of a single player portion of any substance until i played the beta for 30 or so minutes the day I posted this, because I never considered it an issue needing research.

Quattro20v, Scaff and Skew like this.
  26. TomBrady

TomBrady

HAHAHAHA SAME HERE BRO. I had so much fun with this demo all week that I decided to consider getting it digitally so it's always playable on my PS4 (no need to put in a disc)

I had the limited edition preordered through best buy, but it was looking like it wouldn't arrive on monday like games sometimes do show up early from them (I got evil within 2, and call of duty 2 days early, plus the Last Guardian, Uncharted the Lost Legacy, and more 1 day early), plus I noticed that the limited edition isn't as good as the digital deluxe so I cancelled and preordered on PSN. Can't wait.

That is literally the opposite of what I've experienced. In sport mode, other than 2 players (RARChevette, and SkeezyDeezy or something like that), I've raced with nothing but clean racers.

Seriously, the AI in GT Sport races dirtier than anyone I've seen in Sport mode so far :lol:

But, it's actually supposed to be possible for players to experience wildly different things in sport mode. The matchmaking is done by driver and safety rating to keep clean players with clean players.

It worked extremely well in the closed beta, and it's still working in the open beta demo. Maybe you should drive a little more carefully because even the tiniest contact causes your rating to lower. The biggest takeaway I've had from both GT Sport beta's is how well the matchmaking, penalty system, and rating systems work in Sport mode. The next biggest is how much better the sounds are, especially from cockpit view. Some cars seriously sound SOOOOOOO sweet.

Also, you weren't impressed with the mission challenges? I thought they were great fun. Stage 1 and 6, though I worry 8 stages isn't enough but I couldn't really see since they were all locked off other than 1 and 6.

Plus, Kaz did say they'll be adding more events to the mission challenges with an update.

I think PD has heard everyones complaints about the career being do short. I don't think they have a problem adding more events, I mean look at the seasonal events in GT6. They're still making them every week.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2017
    CHEN255 and BBQ_of_DOOM like this.
  27. SSQES

SSQES

I'm sorry then, i'm still a little kid. Thanks god my parents are here to pay my gaming life

28. DaveTheStalker

DaveTheStalker Premium

In preorder tonight from Amazon. Delivery to my door and not having to wait for my wife to get off work to drive my butt 1/2 hour to get it AND saving $15 for being a Prime member, yeah I’m happy about it.

I gave up my driving PRIVILEGES in 2012 due to vision deterioration. So, now the only driving I do is virtually.

29. Rotrax

Rotrax

When I bought the PS4 it was with this game in mind now that I have played the demo I am glad there other titles that I enjoy playing. With not much in the way of a career mode and online saving only was also disappointed with selection of cars would rather drive proper cars rather than high end concept cars, means I won't be buying this on launch day. Will just have to move on and have a look at the next Forza game.

30. Noz

Noz

Actually i was unsure if i should buy it or not, but after i enjoyed the demo so much i purchased the deluxe edition and cant wait for the 18th :D

azrael1965 likes this.