Anyone else dissapointed in Shift 2?

• Thread starter Spagetti69
  • 526 comments
Cheers.

I notice in S2U, you can turn the speech down to 0. Does that shut Vaughn Flippin Annoying off, I wonder. Time to find out...

I love Shift 2 but I dream of improving cooperation with Nvidia 3D Vision. Now more people buy 3d tv and 3d SHIFT 2 looks so slight, that you can not play. First Shift already looked much better.

Drove GT5 and Dirt2 today and felt so at home with them and realized that shift 2 just fell short. No amount of shaking, crazy AI, and scary night tracks could overcome the driving feel specially of high powered cars.

I'm at 24% and was on elite/hard + PS3/G27, tried to enjoy it, but it just does not feel right.

Have any of you tried actually tuning the suspensions and whatever else you can do, and if so, does the driving still feels poor after that? Thanks.

Level 20 and 59% complete.
Great Works conversions and roadcar upgrades I enjoy the race dificulty.

Sorry the rest is disapionting.

I've got a theory here....is it just me or does it seem like the physics are designed around causing those flashy roll over complete chaos crashes? I mean you tap another car and you go spinning off the track, I was trying to turn thru and sand trap at not even a fast speed and the car nearly rolled over, anyone else agree?

Nope I'm not. The Game delivers what I want. :)
And the pits.. well when do you use them in GT5?
Never except in Endurence...soo all fine to me.
I get the sounds the action the speed alot of nice tracks and nice cars.
No disappointment to me.
Only thing that is bugging me there is no LeMans ... I'd love to see it in this game.

Can i lend your copy of game as the one i paid for is a broken mess of a game this is not a racer sim is more like wipeout hd with floatin blurs its a mess ea are refunding me as i claim the game is broken

Can i lend your copy of game as the one i paid for is a broken mess of a game this is not a racer sim is more like wipeout hd with floatin blurs its a mess ea are refunding me as i claim the game is broken

I actually think of WipEout as a sim of sorts with F-Zero being the arcadey variant. WipEout HD is an amazing game :)

You should also return your keyboard because your shift key and '.' key are broken too.

I dont expect it to be as realistic as GT5 with things liek tyre wear and fuel ect as its still got an element of arcadeyness to it which i think makes it more fun.
I am disappointed in the glitches that are present BUT no where near as disappointed as i was in GT5.

I really tried to like this game but the demolition derby AI and the hassle it is to try and make custom liveries ruin it for me. A game should be fun not frustrating.

The A.I. in Shift 2 is actually very defensive. They will avoid contact and even drive off track to avoid a collision (within reason). In fact, I sometimes find the A.I. too defensive and I take advantage of it. The A.I. usually give way to me. You just have to be *gentle* and give the A.I. time to move away. Don't bash your way through, and slowly move in and they will usually move out of the way.

Are you sure you are not the one causing the demolition derby?

Have any of you tried actually tuning the suspensions and whatever else you can do, and if so, does the driving still feels poor after that? Thanks.

Can Someone answer my question(^) please, I'd like to understand the consensus on this.

Can Someone answer my question(^) please, I'd like to understand the consensus on this.
The consensus is there are 2 groups... those that find the physics all wrong and those who find the physics just fine. Although I don't use the pad, my feeling is that pad users (guessing the majority) find the physics difficult and want the car to be more controllable. A simple fix for pad users was to let go their ego and enable Steering Assists as posted in another thread --> https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=197960

I use the wheel and I am with the consensus that the driving is great! I have driven most of the cars in the game and they all drive fine to me with or without upgrades/tuning.

I honestly don't understand why there is so much disparity about the driving physics. The game just works for me out-of-the-box. I didn't need to change the wheel settings or tune a car for it to be stable. My only explanation is that most complainers are pad users, but then I see wheel users complaining also. I have the Xbox version... perhaps the physics is different somehow across platforms?

Last edited:

I find myself to be pretty decent tuner.

The FFB got a little stronger and the cars were pretty solid,but even after all the tuning there is still that floaty feeling and the lag while turning.

I'm a wheel user as well.

The consensus is there are 2 groups... those that find the physics all wrong and those who find the physics just fine. Although I don't use the pad, my feeling is that pad users (guessing the majority) find the physics difficult and want the car to be more controllable. A simple fix for pad users was to let go their ego and enable Steering Assists as posted in another thread --> https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=197960

I use the wheel and I am with the consensus that the driving is great! I have driven most of the cars in the game and they all drive fine to me with or without upgrades/tuning.

I honestly don't understand why there is so much disparity about the driving physics. The game just works for me out-of-the-box. I didn't need to change the wheel settings or tune a car for it to be stable. My only explanation is that most complainers are pad users, but then I see wheel users complaining also. I have the Xbox version... perhaps the physics is different somehow across platforms?

I have a feeling that the physics are different across the 3 platforms...didnt SMS go on record by saying they would be taking advantage of each of the hardware?

Im on 360 with Pad using Elite/Hard and with justr ABS...game handles fantastic...not sure where all this "let go their ego" carry on has come from?? Seems to be a common feature on here.

This game to me seems like the hottest chick in school, that turns out to have herpes....I lust after the different cars available, the livery editors and the immense tuning capabilities, and then the graphics snap me back to reality, quickly followed by a sharp kick in the boot from NFS's famous take on "physics"(not too mention this input lag issue)....ohhh NFSS2U...you almost were going to be worthy of ending the monopoly that GT5 has on my PS3(as my gf's LittleBigPlanet sobs quietly from the shelf...):yuck:

Back