Anyone else feel ripped off?

• Thread starter LVracerGT
  • 744 comments
dont agree with the lawsuit but the game do abuse on the in game economy.
it's a good game but locking cars like GT6 does cant ever be good! this way the game its not letting me use it.
ferrari dealership costs 55.827.000; with 51hours of gameplay my total credit is 17.456.000..:odd:.. there are 1200 cars in the game... :indiff:

I'm hoping the lawsuit against EA over Battlefield 4 will help change how future games are released.
Me too. Maybe if enough developers or producers get sued over games because some people just cant get over the fact that its just a video game that maybe developers might stop spending years developing games. I truly love playing games , but if developers saw how the ungrateful people were suing and stopped developing games then I will find another hobby and move on.

No offence, but if you connect the PS3 via an ethernet cable and it works fine (so you could 'play longer than 5 minutes'), then it's your wireless connection that is at fault and not the game. If it was the game, then you would have trouble regardless of the internet connection type (wired/wireless), wouldn't you?
Explain to me why i didn't have these constant connection cuts with any other game then?

Also to come back to the "releasing an unfinished product" subject; imagine this situation with any other product you buy in daily life; buying a new car full price but you will have to return to the garage on a later date to have the airco installed, and the brakes could experience some failures also but we'll fix that in a month or 2.

With any other product people would feel ripped off, if they pay full price and receive it unfinished or flawed, so why are many willing to accept this because it's "just a videogame"?

Actually, what I'm really feeling is that this thread should be stickied with the tag line "Post Any Complaints Here And Only Here" so that all the whiners can air their grievances in a place that people who don't share them don't have to see them, and the rest of the GT6 subforum can be used as each particular sub-subforum was intended without nearly every thread turning into a rant about how one or more aspects of the game isn't up to one's snuff.

Oh, and no.

Explain to me why i didn't have these constant connection cuts with any other game then?
The combination of the game and your internet connection, your location relative to other players...etc.
I haven't had connection problems at all and I'm even connected on Wi-fi, albeit pretty close to the access point.
Also to come back to the "releasing an unfinished product" subject; imagine this situation with any other product you buy in daily life; buying a new car full price but you will have to return to the garage on a later date to have the airco installed, and the brakes could experience some failures also but we'll fix that in a month or 2.

With any other product people would feel ripped off, if they pay full price and receive it unfinished or flawed, so why are many willing to accept this because it's "just a videogame"?
There is something fundamentally wrong with this analogy.

Brakes and an aircon (to a lesser extent) are necessary to the product to fulfil its basic function. I wonder, which of the updates is so important that GT6 as a game does not do that at the moment?

It has a huge amount of cars and tracks, it has races and online mode. There are extras like real-time weather and time changes, night racing and a few customisation options here and there. I'd say $60 well spent on this very complete game. Which game gives you this amount of content for that amount of money? I.e. GT6 being unfinished is absolute nonsense.
Unlike Assetto Corsa, which has only a handful of cars and tracks, no weather changes, not even races or online...now that game is incomplete and still people are spending $35 on it to pay again for a Nordschleife DLC at a later moment.

Coming patches including B-spec, course maker and more online community features are in no way essential to the game and merely extras. And even so, it's going to be free (its already paid for with the initial purchase) so it's even more worth the money. It's the best of both worlds: the game is released with a ton of content and the essentials to deliver a good playing experience (like the brakes..), while PD has more time to implement the additional features, which are great, but not essential (like the airco). There are not many game developers suppor

The save game corruption/stockyard cars disappearing...that's unfortunate, but do make backups, as it happens with other games as well. But no, the bugs at the moment are not game breaking or making the game unfinished whatsoever.

It is great support over the lifespan of the game that you will get from only a few game developers. But I guess saying things are 'incomplete' is just a clever way to complain anyway...

Last edited:
It has a huge amount of cars and tracks, it has races and online mode. There are extras like real-time weather and time changes, night racing and a few customisation options here and there. I'd say $60 well spent on this very complete game. Which game gives you this amount of content for that amount of money? I.e. GT6 being unfinished is absolute nonsense.
Unlike Assetto Corsa, which has only a handful of cars and tracks, no weather changes, not even races or online...now that game is incomplete and still people are spending $35 on it to pay again for a Nordschleife DLC at a later moment.

Coming patches including B-spec, course maker and more online community features are in no way essential to the game and merely extras. And even so, it's going to be free (its already paid for with the initial purchase) so it's even more worth the money. It's the best of both worlds: the game is released with a ton of content and the essentials to deliver a good playing experience (like the brakes..), while PD has more time to implement the additional features, which are great, but not essential (like the airco).

The save game corruption/stockyard cars disappearing...that's unfortunate, but do make backups, as it happens with other games as well. But no, the bugs at the moment are not game breaking or making the game unfinished whatsoever.

But I guess saying things are 'incomplete' is just a clever way to complain anyway...

Can I get a hallelujah? I wonder how many people here were around to experience games that you bought and then that was it. Nowadays you buy a game with the expectation of its developer continually updating and improving it, and the increased cost of the game goes toward this attention. Not only that, but is $60 really that exorbitant a figure? This past Monday I paid more than that for lunch for myself and a good friend of mine. The waiter didn't even bother to come back and ask if I wanted a different and additional type of cheese on my burger. What a rip...

Edit: Thanks to daan for closing that absurd 'What GT7 Needs' thread, the OP clearly doesn't like what GT6 has and had to make another thread to complain about it.

Last edited:
The combination of the game and your internet connection, your location relative to other players...etc.
I haven't had connection problems at all and I'm even connected on Wi-fi, albeit pretty close to the access point.

There is something fundamentally wrong with this analogy.

Brakes and an aircon (to a lesser extent) are necessary to the product to fulfil its basic function. I wonder, which of the updates is so important that GT6 as a game does not do that at the moment?

Here:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...d-read-first-post.291414/page-31#post-9125458

31 pages for you to scroll through and i'm not even sure it mentions all the bugs that need fixing.

Nowadays you buy a game with the expectation of its developer continually updating and improving it, and the increased cost of the game goes toward this attention. Not only that, but is $60 really that exorbitant a figure? This past Monday I paid more than that for lunch for myself and a good friend of mine. The waiter didn't even bother to come back and ask if I wanted a different and additional type of cheese on my burger. What a rip...
So it's not that bad getting ripped off as there are many other examples in life where you get ripped off for 60 bucks also? I find that an absurd comparison to be frank, but emmm... hand me your wallet then! :lol:

Here:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...d-read-first-post.291414/page-31#post-9125458

31 pages for you to scroll through and i'm not even sure it mentions all the bugs that need fixing.

Hence the $60, an initial purchase price that reflects the time spent developing the game and the time to be spent making needed improvements.

Grow up, buy a new car...those occasionally need unexpected maintenance on a grand scale in the form of recalls. Have a kid and buy a car seat for your new car that may have had recall work done on it...car seats are fairly regularly recalled due to design or manufacturing flaws. Buy a house in an area with a home owners association where dues are occasionally built into the purchase price...those dues can go towards security or maintenance to keep said area safe and clean. Life. But hey, there's an easy way out; just don't be a coward and take others with you in a mall or a public park.

Here:

Hmm..why didn't you respond to my response regarding your analogy?

But I've read the thread before and out of all the bugs, which are game breaking for you and influence the gaming experience so much that the game doesn't function well anymore? I can only think of one: the sound bug where the engine sounds sometimes die away. And even that happens only occasionally, so it's not even that big of a deal. And maybe the rim size bug...that's going to be fixed anyway.

But in the grand scheme of things, there is no way that these bugs make the game incomplete or unplayable. Again, to me GT6 is the complete opposite of a rip-off; it is so worth the money.

So it's not that bad getting ripped off as there are many other examples in life where you get ripped off for 60 bucks also? I find that an absurd comparison to be frank, but emmm... hand me your wallet then! :lol:
Trying to ridicule someone by stating this is unecessary and classless, great. I guess these kinds of responses are expected when you're out of real arguments.

But whatever..

Hmm..why didn't you respond to my response regarding your analogy?

But I've read the thread before and out of all the bugs, which are game breaking for you and influence the gaming experience so much that the game doesn't function well anymore? I can only think of one: the sound bug where the engine sounds sometimes die away. And even that happens only occasionally, so it's not even that big of a deal. And maybe the rim size bug...that's going to be fixed anyway.

But in the grand scheme of things, there is no way that these bugs make the game incomplete or unplayable. Again, to me GT6 is the complete opposite of a rip-off; it is so worth the money.

Clutch not working, bug where people get reset to last position when they go off the track and these are only a few i can remember off the top of my head. I think you are doing some selective reading yourself or maybe your pink PD goggles are obscuring your vision...

Trying to ridicule someone by stating this is unecessary and classless, great. I guess these kinds of responses are expected when you're out of real arguments.

But whatever..
Where did i say this is unnecessary or classless exactly? Pink goggles again or problems interpretating posts? :odd:

Where did i say this is unnecessary or classless exactly? Pink goggles again or problems interpretating posts? :odd:

Calling my response absurd, in that particular context (the behavior of clowns is often absurd but for the amusement of children), can easily be read as calling it unnecessary. And perhaps my remark was a little bit classless in that I stated I paid more than $60 for lunch. Not everyone can do that. It really wasn't intended as such but I get it and it didn't bother me. The game being labelled incomplete doesn't really bother me either as long as there's a dedicated place for it to be done and on-topic conversations can be had elsewhere.

Clutch not working, bug where people get reset to last position when they go off the track and these are only a few i can remember off the top of my head. I think you are doing some selective reading yourself or maybe your pink PD goggles are obscuring your vision...
So those are game breakers for you? Doesn't matter that the game offers great physics combined with lots of cars and tracks, which results in hundreds of actual hours of gameplay...but the clutch doesn't work for some cars and you get reset when you drive far off the course (which is not even meant to be happening in the first place), so it's not worth to buy the game because it's a rip-off? Is that what you're saying?

And oh yeah sure, I'm blind (or pink goggles, whatever) because I don't agree with your opinion. Because your opinion is the only one that counts, right? This is priceless. :lol:

I am saying that your initial response is unnecessary for trying to ridicule someone instead of providing constructive feedback, you go and read it yourself again. Now you're being personal once more, this time directing it to me. How great it is to have a discussion with proper subject-matter and not trying to portray your superiority by projecting your own weaknesses to someone else.. :rolleyes:

Now ask yourself: who of us is the one who is looking at this from one perspective only while not considering the rest of the package whatsoever before concluding that this game is even worth it or not? Who's wearing the glasses now? I rest my case.

Last edited:
They should fix the clutch problems, maybe they should add "gutter bumpers" like at bowling alleys for those that can't drive.

The games going to evolve.... give it a chance :)

The clutch only works in cars that have a clutch.... the only time clutch hasnt worked for me was in a car with a sequential gearbox!!

Last edited:
A law suit about a game? Is this serious?
I fear for this world.

Me too. Maybe if enough developers or producers get sued over games because some people just cant get over the fact that its just a video game that maybe developers might stop spending years developing games. I truly love playing games , but if developers saw how the ungrateful people were suing and stopped developing games then I will find another hobby and move on.

Obviously you two arent familar with the BF4 situation. Hedes a run down

+ Half the game modes were unplayable for the first 2 weeks
+ when you could play the match crashed 33% of the time losing all of your stats for that round
+ Crashing got so bad at one point it would crash as soon as you reached the main menu ~ multiple times
+ Single player campaign data has been corrupted during these crashes. I got about 5 hours into the campaign before having my saved data corrupted. This happened THREE times. I havent bothered since
+ General online gameplay was glitchy, getting hit by a single bullet registered as a kill sometimes, you got shot through solid walls and so on
+ Suits knew the game wasnt ready for launch so they sold their shares ahead of time (google it)

Just now, after 5 WEEKS of patches most issues have been resolved. That doesnt fix the 50 or so hours of gameplay I lost due to crashes and saved data corruption

So these people dont deserved to be sued? Were just unthankfull?

Have you played GT6, or just read some threads on it?

Actually, what I'm really feeling is that this thread should be stickied with the tag line "Post Any Complaints Here And Only Here" so that all the whiners can air their grievances in a place that people who don't share them don't have to see them, and the rest of the GT6 subforum can be used as each particular sub-subforum was intended without nearly every thread turning into a rant about how one or more aspects of the game isn't up to one's snuff.

Oh, and no.
Whether you like it or not people can say whatever they want in any thread they want as long as they aren't breaking the AUP. That means anyone can rightly criticize the game or PD and they don't have be "herded" into one thread just because you think it should be that way. That is not the way forums work.

This is a forum, not a social network...

+ Suits knew the game wasnt ready for launch so they sold their shares ahead of time (google it)

Just now, after 5 WEEKS of patches most issues have been resolved. That doesnt fix the 50 or so hours of gameplay I lost due to crashes and saved data corruption

So these people dont deserved to be sued? Were just unthankfull?
In my opinion no one should ever be sued over the loss of gameplay.
Your last point is the only argument in mine opinion.

And as said in a later post I did google it.
And yes I do have Battlefield 4

It may be just a video game but myself and others payed real money for this game. I could care less if a developer thinks I'm grateful. They chose their career and they deserve flack for putting out a flawed product. In any job I've ever had I would get fired for making tons of mistakes and not finishing the job. Why should a game developer be different?

Society on a whole is far too litigious.

Edit: Daughter just got up and I need to get my eyes off of the bright computer screen and brace myself for all the pink that's about to be thrust upon me. Regardless of differing opinions, I hope everyone enjoys/enjoyed their Christmas and/or holiday season.

Your last point is the only argument in mine opinion.

And as said in a later post I did google it.
And yes I do have Battlefield 4

You make a great customer for Polyphony/EA

Back