Anyone else feel ripped off?

• Thread starter LVracerGT
  • 744 comments
I guess videogames are just not that important to me, if I enjoy them it's good, if not I don't play them anymore and if it was really bad I don't buy the next iteration. (it really is that simple)

Like madcyclist also my family Christmas duties await.

Merry Christmas

Obviously you two arent familar with the BF4 situation. Hedes a run down

+ Half the game modes were unplayable for the first 2 weeks
+ when you could play the match crashed 33% of the time losing all of your stats for that round
+ Crashing got so bad at one point it would crash as soon as you reached the main menu ~ multiple times
+ Single player campaign data has been corrupted during these crashes. I got about 5 hours into the campaign before having my saved data corrupted. This happened THREE times. I havent bothered since
+ General online gameplay was glitchy, getting hit by a single bullet registered as a kill sometimes, you got shot through solid walls and so on
+ Suits knew the game wasnt ready for launch so they sold their shares ahead of time (google it)

Just now, after 5 WEEKS of patches most issues have been resolved. That doesnt fix the 50 or so hours of gameplay I lost due to crashes and saved data corruption

So these people dont deserved to be sued? Were just unthankfull?
If you could see my face now you would see how I dont care. It's a a game. The developers spent time developing it. Its harder to develop a game than it is to play it no matter how many bugs and glitches the game has.

It may be just a video game but myself and others payed real money for this game. I could care less if a developer thinks I'm grateful. They chose their career and they deserve flack for putting out a flawed product. In any job I've ever had I would get fired for making tons of mistakes and not finishing the job. Why should a game developer be different?
Its nice of you to admit that you care.

While you two are at it point to me a game that doesnt have any bugs or glitches with the past few years?

While you two are at it point to me a game that doesnt have any bugs or glitches with the past few years?

Nice strawman. Of course there's no recent game without bugs. Games have to be really, really trivial before you get to the point where you can be sure there are no bugs.

What we do have is relative levels of bugginess. Some games are buggier at release than others. Some are so buggy as to be damn near unplayable. That is obviously unacceptable in a consumer product. You wouldn't accept a toaster that caught fire half the time.

Where the cutoff is for how much bugginess is acceptable is debatable. Realistically, it's probably defined by when you're irritating a significant portion of your customer base. It's hard to tell with GT whether it's a majority or a vocal minority having problems with GT, but there are definitely problems there.

Nice strawman. Of course there's no recent game without bugs. Games have to be really, really trivial before you get to the point where you can be sure there are no bugs.

What we do have is relative levels of bugginess. Some games are buggier at release than others. Some are so buggy as to be damn near unplayable. That is obviously unacceptable in a consumer product. You wouldn't accept a toaster that caught fire half the time.

Where the cutoff is for how much bugginess is acceptable is debatable. Realistically, it's probably defined by when you're irritating a significant portion of your customer base. It's hard to tell with GT whether it's a majority or a vocal minority having problems with GT, but there are definitely problems there.
My problem isn't with GT here its with the stupid lawsuit against EA.

So those are game breakers for you? Doesn't matter that the game offers great physics combined with lots of cars and tracks, which results in hundreds of actual hours of gameplay...but the clutch doesn't work for some cars and you get reset when you drive far off the course (which is not even meant to be happening in the first place), so it's not worth to buy the game because it's a rip-off? Is that what you're saying?

And oh yeah sure, I'm blind (or pink goggles, whatever) because I don't agree with your opinion. Because your opinion is the only one that counts, right? This is priceless. :lol:
Go and read through the 31 pages of the bug thread first, and you'll find enough examples. Clutch is just the tip of the iceberg of a game that was released half finished again with the eternal PD patch promise... We are talking about a product here that was released for the initial buyers to start Beta testing, not about the quantity of tracks and cars (2 different subjects).

I am saying that your initial response is unnecessary for trying to ridicule someone instead of providing constructive feedback, you go and read it yourself again. Now you're being personal once more, this time directing it to me. How great it is to have a discussion with proper subject-matter and not trying to portray your superiority by projecting your own weaknesses to someone else.. :rolleyes:

Now ask yourself: who of us is the one who is looking at this from one perspective only while not considering the rest of the package whatsoever before concluding that this game is even worth it or not? Who's wearing the glasses now? I rest my case.
You clearly acting like a drama queen here, i said Madcyclist response of "It's not that bad, look at how much other things we waste 60 euros on", is a bit of a weak argument and overlooks once again PD selling you a unfinished and bug ridden game. Now go and rest your case so i can stop wasting my time on having to respond to this nonsense.

Nope, I've got more than my moneys worth with this game and will continue to play it for years, just like I did with GT5.
Same here. I know a few here are grouchy about buying an unfinished game. Okay, so how many of you were like me and avoided many of the threads in GT Planet in order to be surprised about almost everything in the game? And even then, I still knew that much of it would be delivered over time as DLC, such as a lot of the online features and Course Maker II. Or did you guys just wake up from a coma, and rushed out to buy GT6 in a rush of excitement? ;)

Duh. Everyone knew the situation who has net access and are remotely curious about the game. You guys could have waited, like a few posters who came right out and said they would get GT6 when whatever feature was implemented and bugs squashed. No one twisted your arms and made you buy this early release, and very few on this world had no idea that features would be patched in over time. And as has been said, bug free games are a miracle anymore, given how complex both the games are, and the systems they run on these days.

I gripe too - for a minute, and then I dive headfirst back into GT6, because it's just about the best racer out there. The alternative is essentially Forza 4, and it has its own issues.

Well, gonna dive headfirst into some Christmas, and then go swimming in GT infested waters. Merry Christmas, you grinches. :D

I have no complaints about GT6. B-Spec is gone (great) no endurance races (fab if it means doing those stupid 9 and 24 hour ones) and so far I haven't encountered any major bugs in the game. Hasn't crashed, my PS3 hasn't blown up, etc.
Everything about GT6 is significantly better than GT5 imo.

Society on a whole is far too litigious.
That's what I thought too but I'm not so sure anymore.
I know many people who have legitimate reasons to go to court or can do a few things that will bring litigation against them, that they will easily beat, HOWEVER they're smart and they won't let it get that far.
Litigation is EXPENSIVE as hell and it's a very long process.
The average Joe on the street will be in a hurry to sue you for sneezing in his vicinity, but that's because average Joe is an ignorant human being.

As an example when FM4 was released there was an issue where if you used a wheel to run a race on an oval track then 99% of the time you would get 0 credits and 0xp for the race no matter how many laps you had raced and no matter where you finished. This was a game breaker for those who liked to race only Ovals and used a wheel. It was over a month before they addressed the issue possibly 2 months.

There was also an issue with the 900 degree steering radius which also was present for a good while before they issued an update to try and fix it which caused other issues in steering that never were addressed.

There were also issues with the PI on several cars allowed them to have ridiculous amounts of power in the low classes and dominate the leaderboards, again quite a while before anything was done and when it was they simply removed them from the boards and blocked them from posting times only to find that there were other cars that had issues as well. Finally they changed the PI for these cars and wiped them all from the boards, I can't remember how long it was maybe 6 months after release before they got it kinda sorta fixed.

In fact about the only thing T10 does fix right away is money glitches followed by invalidating the offenders save game or banning them from online features. Many bugs/glitches go uncorrected.

PD has a pretty good track record so far with updates and patches, much better than the competition

There are also no game breaking bugs in GT6 that I have saw as of yet with over 80 hours of racing logged thus far

Go and read through the 31 pages of the bug thread first, and you'll find enough examples. Clutch is just the tip of the iceberg of a game that was released half finished again with the eternal PD patch promise... We are talking about a product here that was released for the initial buyers to start Beta testing, not about the quantity of tracks and cars (2 different subjects).
Beta testing? @mister dog, that wasn't PD's purpose on selling GT6. No one should feel that way and neither should you. I don't feel like a beta tester at all, but feel that I had my money's worth on how much content GT6 contains which is one of my main reasons on getting the game. Plus, there's promised features in the works to come, this January as well. ;)

I believe all devs should start supporting their games like PD does, and that includes Forza too. Make the game, release it then support it. Support and updates rule. :)

Nope not at all

i feel its a massive improvement over GT5. The Physics with a pad are alot more engaging, menus are well balanced, there's alot more events & the new cars/tracks are decent additions. I think if you enjoy this type of game its well worth the money

Beta testing? @mister dog, that wasn't PD's purpose on selling GT6. No one should feel that way and neither should you. I don't feel like a beta tester at all, but feel that I had my money's worth on how much content GT6 contains which is one of my main reasons on getting the game. Plus, there's promised features in the works to come, this January as well. ;)

I believe all devs should start supporting their games like PD does, and that includes Forza too. Make the game, release it then support it. Support and updates rule. :)
I know it wasn't their purpose, they just didn't care that's all.

Obviously you two arent familar with the BF4 situation.

...run down...

So these people dont deserved to be sued? Were just unthankfull?

I'm not familiar with Battelfield, however I'd find it hard to beleive EA could ever get convicted over a gameplay issue, no matter how disastrous it could (initially have) be.

Looks to me like this lawsuit (if any) concerns a bunch of shareholders investors feeling spoiled/suspecting an insider trading. EA share was around 14$ a year from now and scored close to 24$ 2 days ago, hardly a bad deal. Source: http://www.nasdaq.com/symbol/ea/interactive-chart?timeframe=1y&charttype=line

In the end, these people are a whole different category of players anyway.

Yeah looks like it, that may be all that is needed though so people can stop making a bad purchase on studio hyped advertisement.

Advertisement is manipulative by nature, no matter how smart, clever and entertaining it can be. People should always remain aware of it and make their buying decisions on better knowledge of the product they purchase instead of propaganda. Don't blame a company for putting the light on the shinier facet of their stuff.

In the end, it's not like PD tried to hide anything, on the contrary, they made things quite clear; resulting in people here complaining about how unfinished the game was weeks before it even released.

BWX
The only thing I feel "truly ripped off" about in GT6 is the Ai. It is an embarrassment for Kaz and PD. It's so freaking bad, it is complete garbage.
It's only bad if you know how to race drive.

Standards with blacked out interiors.

I knew they were coming to GT6, it's just such a shame we still have them.:yuck:

Otherwise the game is a big improvement in my opinion.

I feel that this game dont deserve all the crap its getting from the community that should support it!
The game is GREAT! But just like with most things there just isnt a perfect game!
You focus on what is fun, if there is no fun, its not a great game!
This game is fantastic!!! Epic game! Focus on that instead! Its MUCH harder to accomplish THAT then getting rid of little bugs and other small stuff everybody here complains about.
Gt7 on ps4 is going to look better but problably feel worse than this, since the ps4 controller, just like xbox one, lacks immersion and feedback, I cant hardly play forza 5 because of it and my testdrive of drive club showed the same thing.
So enjoy this generation as long as you can! It feels great!

It's only bad if you know how to race drive.
Yeah it is great for complete noobs. Such as my older bro who drove in my sim rig yesterday - maybe first time ever playing a racing game with wheel. He crashed 5 times on Sunday cup and won first race with car 60PP under limit with no SRF, auto trans, ABS 1, no other aids.

Great for noobs and maybe... very very very slow people.

steve30x
Its nice of you to admit that you care.

Where in the forum rules does it say we have to care before we can post?

I also don't care about other games that release with bugs. Just because other developers release buggy games doesn't mean that is should become normal and acceptable.

Look, I know there are going to some bugs but there shouldn't be major bugs or bugs that are carried over from their previous release such as the black screen when racing online. We paid our money now give us the game we paid for. It's really that simple.

Also, how long is it going to take for the game to be complete? How long should we wait patiently and quietly before the game is complete? Major features are missing from the game which means it shouldn't have been released. It also ticks me off that they added crap like a moon rover which diverted time and energy from finishing the game. PD gets no slack from me.

All I want to hear from PD is that we are doubling our efforts to fix bugs and get a finished product to our loyal customers. A little communication goes a long way in keeping all your customers happy.

No I don't feel ripped off at all.
The bugs are small and I really enjoy the game. I've spent about 40 hours playing and I will be playing a lot longer.👍

Hell no. On paper and in gameplay videos, the game doesn't seem to be different from GT5, similar graphics, and the same bugs plaguing GT6. However, the actual feel of the game, I'm not talking about physics, but the fun-factor is there in this game, where it was almost absent from GT5. Everything works well with each other, and nothing gets in the way of the best part of GT6, the actual driving, whereas in GT5 it seemed like everything was kind of in the way between you and enjoying the game. The menus, the career structure, the special events, the dealership, and the pacing all are brought together really well to make, well, a really fun game. I'm enjoying myself a lot more than I ever did with GT5.

im 50% now on game progress, and although the career mode's very short to complete, i do not feel a single thing of being ripped off...especially if you're one of those who obtained the limited anniversary edition as a sign of being a true blue gran turismo loyalist ^_^ enjoying it at my heart's content~

i tell, the secret of its newfound fun factor now lies to its faster loading times, against that horrendously slow GT5 :P remember that good load times, and streamlined (menu) layout, means smoother game flow and better actual feels ;)

Where in the forum rules does it say we have to care before we can post?

I also don't care about other games that release with bugs. Just because other developers release buggy games doesn't mean that is should become normal and acceptable.

Look, I know there are going to some bugs but there shouldn't be major bugs or bugs that are carried over from their previous release such as the black screen when racing online. We paid our money now give us the game we paid for. It's really that simple.

Also, how long is it going to take for the game to be complete? How long should we wait patiently and quietly before the game is complete? Major features are missing from the game which means it shouldn't have been released. It also ticks me off that they added crap like a moon rover which diverted time and energy from finishing the game. PD gets no slack from me.

All I want to hear from PD is that we are doubling our efforts to fix bugs and get a finished product to our loyal customers. A little communication goes a long way in keeping all your customers happy.
First of all I never said that the rules say you should care before you post , but you said
I could care less
Which means you do care a lot. If you said you could'nt care less then you would have meant that you don't care.

Secondly as others have said but you blindly ignore , PD said before the game was released that some features will be added in future updates. Theres nothing unfinished about the game.

Also just because you paid for the game doesnt mean you are extremely privelaged and deserve a game thats 100% bug free. The developers spend countless hours working hard developing the game. Do you think they should have done this for free? You are also complaining that you have to wait for the bugs to be Ironed out but if PD spent another five years on developing the game and making it as bug free as possible then you would have something else to complain about.

PD said before the game was released that some features will be added in future updates. Theres nothing unfinished about the game.

That's pretty much the definition of unfinished.

A finished game wouldn't have needed to point out that sounds and B Spec and the course maker and whatever else will be added later, because what was there would be considered a complete game. The fact that PD were very clear from before release that more stuff is coming means that they don't think it's finished either.

That's pretty much the definition of unfinished.

A finished game wouldn't have needed to point out that sounds and B Spec and the course maker and whatever else will be added later, because what was there would be considered a complete game. The fact that PD were very clear from before release that more stuff is coming means that they don't think it's finished either.
The day PD finishes the game may end up being the one when Kazunori Yamauchi goes elsewhere looking for a new challenge.
The thing is, a game like this can be never "finished" because you can always add cars, tracks and features.

The thing is, a game like this can be never "finished" because you can always add cars, tracks and features.
When you're adding cars, tracks and features just for the sake of adding them...the game is indeed finished.
The point is to keep the game fresh, make it evolve. Just adding things doesn't mean you're doing either of those.

Back