Anyone else feel ripped off?

• Thread starter LVracerGT
  • 744 comments
A little, for a game that carries over so much from it's previous title(s) it's hard to justify spending full price again especially when some features are now gone or worse.

Bugs are one thing but the wholesale cutting of things like endurance racing and awful decisions like forcing people to buy the fit as the first car are something else and definitely devalue the title.

The game should have been launched and 2/3rds price IMHO.

Ah what a quip, or at least I'm sure that's what you thought, still as it stands you grabbed an arbitrary number from thin air, twisted it to fit your math as if it's some proof that varifies your play time actually made up the difference. I mean the idea would work if you actually were physically given the $2 for per hour as suggested, but you weren't. The reciprocal argument can be made and that is, some one who doesn't like it feels the lost or wasted money in the time spent because it's familiar or didn't achieve the objective they thought they were getting as advertised.

I don't really care what you think I thought. Simple fact is, I don't feel I was ripped off, lost, or wasted money or time.

I didn't know that was the paragon to what it is to be ripped off. I guess if it doesn't fit that mold you suggest, then people can't possibly be ripped off. It's funny that you use games like these that aren't in the same genre.

You obviously didn't get my point in the slightest. Video game sequels by their very nature are repetitive, with realistically very little changing from one game to the next, as any major change is likely to dissuade the owners of the previous title to buy the sequel, after all they would have purchased the previous title because of the nature of the game. As such, a racing/driving game at it's most basic level is going to feature a number of cars, going around a number of tracks, a football game is going to feature two teams of 11 players playing games of football, and a shooter is going to feature a main character with a number of guns killing bad guys to reach an objective.

If you feel ripped off because it's pretty much the same as the last game, you should stop buying video game sequels full stop and just buy original IPs, otherwise you're just going to feel ripped off with every game you buy.

I don't really care what you think I thought. Simple fact is, I don't feel I was ripped off, lost, or wasted money or time.

Good for you, others do and if you had just said that rather than give your biased view on how to fix it in a "positive manner" no one would have said anything to you.
You obviously didn't get my point in the slightest. Video game sequels by their very nature are repetitive, with realistically very little changing from one game to the next, as any major change is likely to dissuade the owners of the previous title to buy the sequel, after all they would have purchased the previous title because of the nature of the game.

I did get the point, not sure how it obvious since it was a quick comment that you clearly lost context of which is that your shifting direction away from GT as a whole and saying "well if this disappoints you this is by far worse".
The fact remains that in the time it took to build that last two GT games and much of what they share you trying to compare apples to oranges is redundant. Sim racers don't follow that the objective for these to of players if your not aware, is to gain more realism with each release and adding features that would enhance that. Each iteration of GT is expected to be new but still hold the same core values.

So considering the time frame those game are built and the main audience being casual gamers that is why they do what they do. If anyone is a hardcore FPS player or RT player for that matter, they are not buying such games.

As such, a racing/driving game at it's most basic level is going to feature a number of cars, going around a number of tracks, a football game is going to feature two teams of 11 players playing games of football, and a shooter is going to feature a main character with a number of guns killing bad guys to reach an objective.

Thank you captain obvious for that, it's quite refreshing to have one break down the understanding of a car game being about cars, and a football game being about football and likewise following what is to be expected of such.

If you feel ripped off because it's pretty much the same as the last game, you should stop buying video game sequels full stop and just buy original IPs, otherwise you're just going to feel ripped off with every game you buy.

Wow! The cop out of the year I'd say, no one is asking for hovercrafts are cars to drive on water, the idea that there can't be a growth of such a title is naive and shows that you have little clue, other than a generalized notion. People aren't feeling disappointment by the fact that is it relatively the same, yes that goes in part but not all of it. Problems that persist are still there and if that is fine by you then okay. However, the moment you settle and take this approach that it's perpetually the same with no improvement over the last you are basically giving a group like PD free range to not apply what the rest of the genre does, same goes for other fanatical fans of certain competitor games.

Yeah, I've got very little gameplay out of it. It just feels like they took the turd that was GT5 and rolled it in a bit of glitter.

This will be the last GT franchise game I will buy, unless they somehow manage to reinvent themselves and address a lot of these recurrent issues regarding the poor balance of vehicles (too many garden variety vehicles you dont want, and not enough of the ones that you do), the menu system, the weak tuning and modifications, then I sure wont be wasting any more money with them.

Hell, to think GT was the sole reason I once bought a console... how things have changed for the worse.

The people who feel ripped off with GT6 obviously don't play COD or FIFA!!
Glad you mention those as they too basically just add a new feature or 2, rebadge the same game and sell millions of copies again to all those dedicated fanboys out there. There is a difference tough apart from FIFA and COD being released (or shall i say re-released ;) ) on a yearly basis, and PD needing years for a new GT:

Fifa and COD were already quality / finished products when they first had their big success years ago whereas GT is now also in the rebadging game, but have never even bothered to fix their series flaws (AI, sounds, damage model)...
So in a way what PD does is worse actually, as unlike FIFA or COD they are not reselling the finished product of years ago, but the unfinished product from years ago :ill:

Glad you mention those as they too basically just add a new feature or 2, rebadge the same game and sell millions of copies again to all those dedicated fanboys out there. There is a difference tough apart from FIFA and COD being released (or shall i say re-released ;) ) on a yearly basis, and PD needing years for a new GT:

Fifa and COD were already quality / finished products when they first had their big success years ago whereas GT is now also in the rebadging game, but have never even bothered to fix their series flaws (AI, sounds, damage model)...
So in a way what PD does is worse actually, as unlike FIFA or COD they are not reselling the finished product of years ago, but the unfinished product from years ago :ill:
I don't see COD or FIFA adding 200 new guns/players/teams/whatever every release. Or new stadiums/maps.

You're quite the pessimist Mister Dog. Never seen a positive post from you,which begs the question why you are in a GT forum to begin with :indiff:

ripped off?
Go ask Forza 5 owners instead :cheers:
This is more like it. Over 1000 paid to play if you want to use a wheel. Yeah that sounds like a good deal.
Heck I bought 3 GT6 discs in hopes of triple screen support and I still fell like I got a good deal. Of course 2 of the 3 discs are still unopened with the chance of a return in the future.

I don't see COD or FIFA adding 200 new guns/players/teams/whatever every release. Or new stadiums/maps.

You're quite the pessimist Mister Dog. Never seen a positive post from you,which begs the question why you are in a GT forum to begin with :indiff:
Positive posts need to be deserved my good man, and seeing what PD is putting on the shelves i can only say slightly positive things about the new physics model and the day/ night transitions (even tough a day seems to pass in 24 minutes now :lol:). These are 2 of the fresh features actually just like Fifa tweaks their player movement model a bit each year, oh and they do add a league and a stadium or 2.

Why i'm here? Because I love racing games and i used to spend half my life playing GT when it was still an acceptable racing game back in the day ;)

I certainly do not feel ripped off. I have already logged 80 hours and over 7000 miles of driving in GT6. I have had no issues thus far online or off. I love the physics, the new tracks are awesome and the career mode was actually fun to play.

Sure I would like to see a few things that aren't there and wish some more was included at release but I would much rather have the game now as is and be playing it than to have them wait another year before release to get the additional content. Even without any additional content I would still feel like I got my moneys worth but I know we will get more features and content as time goes by and I am looking forward to each and every update.

The games I felt ripped off by where Shift 2 and Horizon. I also feel kinda ripped off by FM5 and I did not even buy it.

Positive posts need to be deserved my good man, and seeing what PD is putting on the shelves i can only say slightly positive things about the new physics model and the day/ night transitions (even tough a day seems to pass in 24 minutes now :lol:). These are 2 of the fresh features actually just like Fifa tweaks their player movement model a bit each year, oh and they do add a league and a stadium or 2.

Why i'm here? Because I love racing games and i used to spend half my life playing GT when it was still an acceptable racing game back in the day ;)
Are you implying GT isn't an acceptable racing game anymore :irked:

Yes (except if you go online).
Uhh....let me put it politely.

I strongly,strongly,STRONGLY disagree. It's the best console racing/driving game out there.

But then again i'm a huge optimist so take my posts with a grain of salt.

Uhh....let me put it politely.

I strongly,strongly,STRONGLY disagree. It's the best console racing/driving game out there.

But then again i'm a huge optimist so take my posts with a grain of salt.

Must disagree i still think forza 4 is the best racing console game

I go on both and are no forza fan boy, even go far as to say gt5 was the more fun. but in terms of actual racing, forza wins it for me over gt6

I go on both and are no forza fan boy, even go far as to say gt5 was the more fun. but in terms of actual racing, forza wins it for me over gt6
(This is my last post on the matter as I don't want this thread to derail)

I like Forza 4 because of it's customization,but I really do not like it's handling model. GT3000 cars with racing tyres shouldnt slide in every corner.

(This is my last post on the matter as I don't want this thread to derail)

I like Forza 4 because of it's customization,but I really do not like it's handling model. GT3000 cars with racing tyres shouldnt slide in every corner.
Each to there own :-)

Back to topic

_tmp_phpbxsnYu_This_thread_is_bad_and_you_should_feel_bad.jpg

Last edited:

Agreed. Forza in general has been a better 'Game' to me but I could never stick with it. Love building the cars and doing some races but with GT, despite its quirks, design decisions and seeming reluctance to adapt with the times, has just been a better console time trial/virtual driving experience.

With that, I don't feel the slightest bit ripped off. Honestly, I've had more fun with this version of GT than 5 and even 4. I have found the career to be surprisingly enjoyable(GT5 felt more like a chore), love the new physics(still has quirks) and the overall presentation. The seasonal events have been fun and I've been having a blast trying to best my friends times/ghost lines. I see myself playing this game for quite some time to come.

Good for you, others do and if you had just said that rather than give your biased view on how to fix it in a "positive manner" no one would have said anything to you.

I did get the point, not sure how it obvious since it was a quick comment that you clearly lost context of which is that your shifting direction away from GT as a whole and saying "well if this disappoints you this is by far worse".
The fact remains that in the time it took to build that last two GT games and much of what they share you trying to compare apples to oranges is redundant. Sim racers don't follow that the objective for these to of players if your not aware, is to gain more realism with each release and adding features that would enhance that. Each iteration of GT is expected to be new but still hold the same core values.

So considering the time frame those game are built and the main audience being casual gamers that is why they do what they do. If anyone is a hardcore FPS player or RT player for that matter, they are not buying such games.

Thank you captain obvious for that, it's quite refreshing to have one break down the understanding of a car game being about cars, and a football game being about football and likewise following what is to be expected of such.

Wow! The cop out of the year I'd say, no one is asking for hovercrafts are cars to drive on water, the idea that there can't be a growth of such a title is naive and shows that you have little clue, other than a generalized notion. People aren't feeling disappointment by the fact that is it relatively the same, yes that goes in part but not all of it. Problems that persist are still there and if that is fine by you then okay. However, the moment you settle and take this approach that it's perpetually the same with no improvement over the last you are basically giving a group like PD free range to not apply what the rest of the genre does, same goes for other fanatical fans of certain competitor games.

You don't like what someone says so you resort to insults? What a fantastically mature way to get your point across...

You don't like what someone says so you resort to insults? What a fantastically mature way to get your point across...

What was so demeaning, I don't see me calling you any names that would infer you of not having intelligence or lacking in comprehension or varies other things that'd be rude. The only thing I see that can be claimed as such is the captain obvious bit, but even still not really seeing how that is so bad, perhaps if just said it obviously. The portion is rhetorical in nature hence the comment of how obvious it was.

If there is some harsh insult there say so but I don't see one.

This game was always meant for the masses of driving/car enthusiasts all over the world, much like all the GTs tried to and arguably succeeded at being in the past.

This isn't a hardcore sim, the fact that GT has always pushed sim realism is amazing. Because beyond the immersion of graphics and sound, those are all secondary to the actual feel of what the car is doing and communicating to the driver.

Furtunately this franchise has pleased the vast majority of us. We have an amazing platform (gtp) where we can voice our opinions/findings/concerns/suggestions to which pd listens. Pretty awesome to have a developer keep an ear to the ground like that.

Overall pretty amazing game for what it is, despite its growing pains. C'mon now its the holidays... Merry Christmas ffs :D

Took my wife on a date last night to Red Lobster, I spent $65 or so on the meal (not including tip) and got a little bit of lobster and crab, my wife got some small little thing too (I had never been to Red Lobster, I didn't know what their portion sizes were) and later in the night proceeded to throw up all over the place. So I spent $60 on GT6 and have been enjoying it for many hours and weeks and I spent $65 on a dinner that didn't fill me up and made my wife sick. Yeah, I'm really not disappointed with GT6, it is great value for the money. :D

I must disagree with the one who said Forza 4 was the best console racer. Forza 4 is good but Forza 2 is the best.

GT6 drives the best has the best track seclection, best car selection and is the most fun racing in career mode and has the potential to be the best over all with just a few tweaks here and there to the online mode and the addition of leaderboards

I'm at 53% and I don't feel I got ripped off, I know I'm going to play this game for a long time, and after each update the game feels fresh + DLC, I can't see how someone is being ripped off

Back