Anyone Else Find The Seasonal Events Easy?

• Thread starter dabest2500
  • 159 comments

Now let me tell you what I see in this video.
I see very fast 1.19 laps, despite terrible racing lines: I can only explain this by thinking that driving aids were on. I maybe underestimate the power of driving aids, I'll give them a try.
I see massive car bumping. It's not a crime, but it's not exactly nice to watch, and I believe many of GT Planet members prefer clean racing (I certainly do).
I see you in the lead at finish line between 4th and 5th lap, which is reasonable considering the lap times, and also proves what I was saying: lapping at 1.19 gets you to win by a few seconds margin.
Now it's totally different from what you stated (at the beginning you said "leading by lap 3", then it became "the end of lap 3"), and you're nowhere near that statement.

I'm happy to see that you're human after all, and that maybe some of your statements might have to be reconsidered.

No, I do not find them easy. I find them exactly challenging enough (ie. just when I am about to give up I win gold).

I've only tried the CR-Z and Challenger so far.

Now let me tell you what I see in this video.
I see very fast 1.19 laps, despite terrible racing lines: I can only explain this by thinking that driving aids were on. I maybe underestimate the power of driving aids, I'll give them a try.
I see massive car bumping. It's not a crime, but it's not exactly nice to watch, and I believe many of GT Planet members prefer clean racing (I certainly do).
I see you in the lead at finish line between 4th and 5th lap, which is reasonable considering the lap times, and also proves what I was saying: lapping at 1.19 gets you to win by a few seconds margin.
Now it's totally different from what you stated (at the beginning you said "leading by lap 3", then it became "the end of lap 3"), and you're nowhere near that statement.

I'm happy to see that you're human after all, and that maybe some of your statements might have to be reconsidered.

I didn't take the right lines because I didn't have to, the event was easy enough.
The aids I had on were TCS 5 and ABS 1.
In hindsight, TCS should have been turned off for a higher top speed, and I doubt that this car's wheelspin is uncontrollable.
I believed I bumped a car once or twice, I should have been patient seeing as I won by over 6 seconds anyway.
I usually drive clean, but as you said, I am human after all.
1.19s or fast?
With a bit of tinkering and serious driving, I could have got mid 18s, but I'll leave it at that because I need to concentrate on the Sebastian Vettel Challenge.
I hope that my video proves something, that even with bad driving, you can still win the Fiat 500 race by a nice margin. Heck, I've already won it twice.
Please note that when I did that race, it was after 2 hours of trying to get Gold on Suzuka circuit, I did however successfully get Gold at Monza.
I hope I helped and don't seem like a liar/bragger/troll.

No, I do not find them easy. I find them exactly challenging enough (ie. just when I am about to give up I win gold).

I've only tried the CR-Z and Challenger so far.

For the challenger one, change the gearing so that you have a higher topspeed.

I would also like to apologise for the very bad quality of my video, I play on a small CRT TV and whenever I take a picture, film it, on the camera's screen, it starts flickering.

I think the difficulty was just right. Not so easy that you can take the lead by the fourth lap, but not "mission 34" impossible.

I am pretty sure that this was done with Skid Recovery Force set to on. Try to do it once again without it and you will see that it is not so easy :)

Never mind about that, the new seasonal events are hard!
The Ford Focus one seems impossible!

Back