Anyone Else Find The Seasonal Events Easy?

• Thread starter dabest2500
  • 159 comments
Yeah, sorry, as said before, just because I joined a GT forum, I though everyone here would be a GT nut, sorry about that.
I would offer advice if you want.
I once again apologise.
No need to apologize, just understanding that these things have to be designed for everyone, how can we expect a nine year-old to love playing GT if aids like skid recovery aren't there, or the best they can finish is last?
Nine year olds love GT, turn into 13 year olds loving GT, turn into 18 year old car nuts.
More car nuts on earth = better. :)

not so easy and not so hard! i dont want to drive 1 event all day long to get a gold, and I want some challange, I totally got it there if not adding parts, but I added and even then I got some challange. so I would love to see this kind of events in future, but MORE, alot more, and it would be great to save your trophies, hope this will not just dissapier and show other events.. it wouldnt be so cool at all. (sorry for mistakes Im in a kind of a hurry) :)

I had problems with SSR5.
Until I put Sports Soft on instead of Medium. 💡

But what do you want? If it was easy for you, that means your good. Pretty darn good.
If they make it harder, we'll have to read 37 threads about "I can only finish 6th".
And then we'll have to listen to diehards tell more casual/less talented players to shove it, cause they want GT to be all about the best 5% of players playing.
Life doesn't work that way my friend.

You know I bought racing softs but come to think of it, do they only let you use sport tires for the event. [curently at work otherwise I would look it up] If this is the case does it make a pretty big difference from sport medium to sport soft?

Hello everyone, my first post as well. I am having a hell of time trying to compete in the SS5 challenge. I am using the GT-R V spec with the highest HP allowed for the challenge with the maximum weight reductions and the best I can do is 4th. I am also using the DS3 to race. Any tips or suspension setting that anyone can offer would be much appreciated. Thanks
Practice.

You need to beable to run a 1:27 lap time without traffic, cause with traffic and passing you'll have a couple corrections and be running 1:28 laps. Practice until you can consistently run a 1:27 (or better yet a high 1:26).

My advice is to forget the racing line. You can drive the Spec-V hard into corners and brake late without losing it. Example: the first right hander after the tunnel. The racing line comes out of the tunnel on the left to setup a wide entry into the right-hander. Instead come out of the tunnel as fast as possible, drifting right, hug the right wall into the corner, brake hard then turn in. You'll come out fast and drift towards the left wall, yet with far more speed than if following the driving line.

On the first lap you should beable to pass the Masserati on the inside on this corner after the tunnel, and post a 1:29 first lap.

The last set of corners is where you can pickup a lot of time. Its a right, then left, then hairpin, then sweeping right. The driving line calls for hard braking then a wide entry into the first right - ignore this. Drive towards the apex of the right corner, you should hit the rumble strips. Use a bit of brake to slow you down, yet you can carry a surprising lot of speed in the first right. If you've done it correctly, you should be setup to drive straight into the hairpin on the rumble strips, no left needed at all to setup the hairpin.

This video shows what I mean:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0jP_ONE_wM

I thought you could only tune your car in the GTR race? I did so, and won by over 10 seconds.
I think it's nearly impossible to win the Fiat race with the car left untouched :grumpy:

No need to apologize, just understanding that these things have to be designed for everyone, how can we expect a nine year-old to love playing GT if aids like skid recovery aren't there, or the best they can finish is last?
Nine year olds love GT, turn into 13 year olds loving GT, turn into 18 year old car nuts.
More car nuts on earth = better. :)

I knew that my post would appear as aggressive or make me look like a bragger or troll.
Which is why I apologised in my first post.

As someone said before, you may not know that you can take the last corner flat out.
How do you go about taking the corner flat out? It seems no matter what angle I take upon entry I either need to let off the throttle some or tap the brake.....

I think that as with anything else in the game its only as easy as you make it. polyphony has a nice balance in the races I think. They make it so the hardcore guys looking for real challenges can go in nearly stock and and have a great challenge, but the less experienced can add parts and power to skew the odds back in their favor.

I've only done the Fiat race but I only added the height adjustable suspension and the close ratio 5-speed and it took me about 8-10 tries to gold it, I had 2nd my first race about 4 secs off gold and just got closer each try, I did make a dirty pass on the last corner to get gold, but I think with a few more tries to tweak my lines I could have gotten it clean.

My setup for anyone interested:
stock power - no oil change (63hp)
height adjustable suspension:
-10 lowered
rear: max spring rate, max damper setting, -1.0 camber
front: stock, -1.5 camber

BTW I use a Fanatec GT3RS wheel

How do you go about taking the corner flat out? It seems no matter what angle I take upon entry I either need to let off the throttle some or tap the brake.....

I just take the normal racing line.
The Fiat 500 is upgraded as much as possible including max BHP and min kg. Other parts such as transmission and all aero parts.

Hello everyone, my first post as well. I am having a hell of time trying to compete in the SS5 challenge. I am using the GT-R V spec with the highest HP allowed for the challenge with the maximum weight reductions and the best I can do is 4th. I am also using the DS3 to race. Any tips or suspension setting that anyone can offer would be much appreciated. Thanks

Upgrade everything you can, plus AERO upgrades. I passed the GT40 in the first tunnel on the last lap.

But for people struggling with this one, its a definite way of making it a bit easier...

Do you drive with all of the aids off?

I agree. I set mine to 45/55 after reading it made a hell of a difference. Thanks very much. :)

Thank you for your advice. I upgraded to sport soft tires and did the aero upgrades and got second on the first try. Now need to learn the track a little better maybe lower the car a tad and I will have first in my sights.

I fancy myself as a decent driver but that Fiat challenge.. my god, I put 500+ miles on that car and could not get closer than 3 seconds. I turned on that anti skid whatever and beat it by 3.5 seconds.

I did get the Human Stopwatch trophy out of it though

Last edited:
Has anyone here won the Fiat race without modding the car at all, and no aids (skid recovery especially)? I can't :(
Been 2nd every time, got down to 1 sec off of the leader though.

Also, it's been mentioned that you can take the last turn flat out. I'm assuming that's with the mods, because I end up in the dirt if I try to do that with a stock one.
I'm convinced that I can win this without mods, so I'm going to keep at it.

Has anyone here won the Fiat race without modding the car at all, and no aids (skid recovery especially)? I can't :(
Been 2nd every time, got down to 1 sec off of the leader though.

Also, it's been mentioned that you can take the last turn flat out. I'm assuming that's with the mods, because I end up in the dirt if I try to do that with a stock one.
I'm convinced that I can win this without mods, so I'm going to keep at it.

I won the Fiat 500 race with nothing but aero mods and the window weight reduction attached to the car - no tuning at all. I only run with all aids off with the exceptuion of ABS 1.

I didnt think it was an easy race by any means - certainly one of the most challenging and enjoyable races to date.

I fancy myself as a decent driver but that Fiat challenge.. my god, I put 500+ miles on that car and could not get closer than 3 seconds. I turned on that anti skid whatever and beat it by 3.5 seconds.

I did get the Human Stopwatch trophy out of it though

This is what i wondering. Are a lot of people who say this was easy simply deluding themselves because they left Anti Skid on or something? Compared to the usual GT5 races these were much tougher for the simple reason that you were so far back against the leader and have to almost be perfect for 5 laps.

I think the races were made much easier by the fact that I tuned the car as much as possible.
If you fine tuned it you would have gone faster but I just left everything as it is.

Leading the Fiat event by lap 3?
Honestly, I don't believe you.
I consider myself a decent driver, I won the event by a small margin lapping at around 1.20 (I forgot to put aero kit btw). Now I know I can lap at 1.19.7xx and win by a bigger margin, but now you're basically telling us you can run that car at 1.17 or faster?
I don't want to sound rude but Replay or it didn't happen.
Oh, you forgot to save the replay.
Well, if it's so easy for you just run the event again and save the replay please.

Until then I'll consider this a troll post.
Show us that replay and I'll set you as my new GT5 hero.

Leading the Fiat event by lap 3?
Honestly, I don't believe you.
I consider myself a decent driver, I won the event by a small margin lapping at around 1.20 (I forgot to put aero kit btw). Now I know I can lap at 1.19.7xx and win by a bigger margin, but now you're basically telling us you can run that car at 1.17 or faster?
I don't want to sound rude but Replay or it didn't happen.
Oh, you forgot to save the replay.
Well, if it's so easy for you just run the event again and save the replay please.

Until then I'll consider this a troll post.
Show us that replay and I'll set you as my new GT5 hero.

The END of lap 3.
Sorry to hear that you think I'm a troll :(

The "end of lap 3" is still 2 laps faster than the majority of us.
Why don't you share with us some information to help us get better?
Like your lap times, your setup and oh! A VIDEO...

I don't think you're a troll, I just don't believe you.

The "end of lap 3" is still 2 laps faster than the majority of us.
Why don't you share with us some information to help us get better?
Like your lap times, your setup and oh! A VIDEO...

I don't think you're a troll, I just don't believe you.

Okay, I will post a video up here by today or tomorrow.
I have no setup btw, just left it as default.
Also default aids.

I'll be honest and say I didn't find them particularly easy.

I managed to come 2nd on the Fiat 500 event, after a couple of goes. However, I only managed 5th on the CR-Z (after 2 attempts) and 5th on the Dodge one after about 5 goes. I fared even worse in the RX-7 event - managed 9th after quite a few attempts. Just don't seem to able to handle that car. Then again, I'm playing with a controller and this is my first GT since GT 1 - plus I don't have hours every day to practice.

However, I'm happy for any tips anyone has - especially on setting up the RX-7. Not being a petrol-head I have little real idea of how to set-up suspension etc.

I'll be honest and say I didn't find them particularly easy.

I managed to come 2nd on the Fiat 500 event, after a couple of goes. However, I only managed 5th on the CR-Z (after 2 attempts) and 5th on the Dodge one after about 5 goes. I fared even worse in the RX-7 event - managed 9th after quite a few attempts. Just don't seem to able to handle that car. Then again, I'm playing with a controller and this is my first GT since GT 1 - plus I don't have hours every day to practice.

However, I'm happy for any tips anyone has - especially on setting up the RX-7. Not being a petrol-head I have little real idea of how to set-up suspension etc.

Tuned it to the max is what I did.

Tuned it to the max is what I did.
But what does that actually mean? You can only tweak the weight and BHP as these are severely limited by the restrictions and you can only use stock tyres. So what exactly did you tune? What settings? I'd be curious to see if these helped me. Thanks/

But what does that actually mean? You can only tweak the weight and BHP as these are severely limited by the restrictions and you can only use stock tyres. So what exactly did you tune? What settings? I'd be curious to see if these helped me. Thanks/

I made the car the max BHP and min kg.
Then buy additional parts such as aero from GT Auto and customisable transmission, racing fly wheel, Carbon driveshaft etc.

I have no setup btw, just left it as default.
Also default aids.

ROFL
You manage to lap faster than 1.19 on a "default" 500 with driving aids when everybody else needs suspensions, transmission, fine-tuning and accurate driving.
Now tell me you did it with the normal controller too... :indiff:

I call this thread total cr*p

ROFL
You manage to lap faster than 1.19 on a "default" 500 with driving aids when everybody else needs suspensions, transmission, fine-tuning and accurate driving.
Now tell me you did it with the normal controller too... :indiff:

I call this thread total cr*p

I got proof of my Golds, the only replay I have is of the GTR race.
You just need to give yourself the best car.
I'm not sure, but I think I was lapping 1.20 at one point.
I use a wheel.

I'm not sure, but I think I was lapping 1.20 at one point.

And this proves my point.
Your math is very wrong.
If you lap at 1.20 (which is possible with the stock car) you'll end up NO MATTER WHAT winning by a SMALL (less than 1 second) margin.
If you lap faster than 1.19.5xx in the stock car you are a VERY good driver and you'll win by 2-3 seconds.
If you say it was easy and you were leading the race before lap 5 (not to mention lap 3...) it means you're just lying, and this makes the whole "it's too easy" argument invalid.

There's no need to post a video, it's clear enough that what you said is impossible.

Back