Anyone else losing sleep?

• Thread starter ploopsy
  • 107 comments
The won't. (my opinion)

I'm hoping for slightly updated physics, and that's it.

It's just a time trail demo. I think maybe the tire sounds will change a bit (judging from the nurb vid) but nothing major.

Not losing any sleep.. stopped worrying/stressing about GT5 ages ago... :D I'll just buy it whenever it comes out... in the mean time theres enough other things to do 👍 BUT I will definitely try the demo out this coming Thursday.

Sheesh, if you're reading this thread, you can't tell me you have better things to do than think about GT5 24/7... me, it's my Birthday on the 17th, and I'm totally happy with the lack of sleep this is causing me...

as I have to study all day long,
it's still something to look forward to... as I can't do anything else for the moment.
But I'm not losing sleep because of it...
Although I can't wait to start and compete for the GT Academy!

People were very quick to point out it's just a game, no reason to point how you're too busy to think about a game. I don't see it as a problem to be really excited over a game.

Last edited:
People were very quick to point out it's just a game, no reason to point how you're too busy to think about a game. I don't see it as a problem to be really excited over a game.

Really excited sure, but not losing sleep over it.

Yes, but I think that has more to do with my cold.

:)

I've brought my little brother a PS3 Slim for Christmas with Uncharted 2 for Christmas. However I'm seriously considering buying a PS3 Slim just for this demo, so yes, I am losing a little sleep about it!

I am currently playing trackmania... or better: creating own tracks...
so I am not that excited about the new car&track...
I guess when GT5 finally is being released I will pick one or two weeks holidays for that... :-)

:)

I've brought my little brother a PS3 Slim for Christmas with Uncharted 2 for Christmas. However I'm seriously considering buying a PS3 Slim just for this demo, so yes, I am losing a little sleep about it!

Brought or bought? Where did you bring it?

C'mon guys I can't believe that there's someone who really can't sleep because of a tiny demo. I would be happy if they put this indianapolis track in Prologue, anyway, it's a chance to try on the new physics, until we wait for the end of March.

C'mon guys I can't believe that there's someone who really can't sleep because of a tiny demo. I would be happy if they put this indianapolis track in Prologue, anyway, it's a chance to try on the new physics, until we wait for the end of March.

I consider myself a freak and a nerd when it comes to great games (Freard), i dream almost every day from Gran Turismo, so i think its normal to get nervous so close before the release of a demo.

I consider myself a freak and a nerd when it comes to great games (Freard), i dream almost every day from Gran Turismo, so i think its normal to get nervous so close before the release of a demo.

Err no that's not normal. Is your life really that empty the only thing you have to look forward to is a video game demo?

Yes. 8(

Well.... i dont make a secret out of the fact that im handicapped and cant leave my bed, so the only things i can do are videogames, sitting in front of my PC, listening to music and watch TV (okay, i could also read books, but thats not my cup of tea) and im a huge car enthusiast, so every bit of Gran Turismo is a huge highlight for me. 8)

Err no that's not normal. Is your life really that empty the only thing you have to look forward to is a video game demo?

C'mon everyone's life gets to a point, usually at multiple points in their lives, when they care about unimportant things more than anything else.

Heard of the term mid-life crisis? Or of single men below the age of 25?

C'mon everyone's life gets to a point, usually at multiple points in their lives, when they care about unimportant things more than anything else.

Heard of the term mid-life crisis? Or of single men below the age of 25?

Don't get me wrong, I like unimportant things as much as the next guy but we are talking about a very rough preview of a game that we have no idea when it's ever coming out. It seems like there are more important unimportant thing that are worth getting worked up over and losing sleep. I've already mentioned going on a holiday, getting a car, getting married, whatever. Heck I could even understand being excited the day before full game was actually released.

I guess I just don't understand the mentality of a lot of people when it comes to a video game. The saying "Gran Turismo, Serious Business" still hold true.

I've already mentioned going on a holiday, getting a car, getting married, whatever.
Read my post again.

And you also forget that when i say im extremely excited for this, that it doesnt mean i dont care for anything else.

Don't get me wrong, I like unimportant things as much as the next guy but we are talking about a very rough preview of a game that we have no idea when it's ever coming out. It seems like there are more important unimportant thing that are worth getting worked up over and losing sleep. I've already mentioned going on a holiday, getting a car, getting married, whatever. Heck I could even understand being excited the day before full game was actually released.

I guess I just don't understand the mentality of a lot of people when it comes to a video game. The saying "Gran Turismo, Serious Business" still hold true.

Don't think of it as a video game, but more as an experience that will last some people years of enjoyment. That's something to get excited about imo.

Oh, do you work? How old are you? When I was fourteen the only thing that can keep me awake was Jenna Jameson.... :dopey: , anyway, for some people GT can be really attractive, that's your feelings and I must say I respect them. I can't remember when this happened, but I had a dream in which I was driving a 458 italia around the nurburgring, and there was two fast guys trying to overtake me, one of them was driving a SLS AMG, and the other was riding a Murciélago SV. So GT brings me only good dreams... :)

You should find a doctor, there might be other causes related to your sleeping problem, but maybe he can forbid you to play GT..... :crazy:, so...no, stay at home and enjoy GT as much as you like..

Man, what's up with these fanatic GT guys....

Oh, do you work? How old are you? When I was fourteen the only thing that can keep me awake was Jenna Jameson.... :dopey: , anyway, for some people GT can be really attractive, that's your feelings and I must say I respect them. I can't remember when this happened, but I had a dream in which I was driving a 458 italia around the nurburgring, and there was two fast guys trying to overtake me, one of them was driving a SLS AMG, and the other was riding a Murciélago SV. So GT brings me only good dreams... :)

You should find a doctor, there might be other causes related to your sleeping problem, but maybe he can forbid you to play GT..... :crazy:, so...no, stay at home and enjoy GT as much as you like..

Man, what's up with these fanatic GT guys....

I don't think he has a sleeping problem...

Oh, do you work? How old are you?
Read my post above again (seems like no one does it in this forum) and look at my profile, im 19.

:lol: I never said i have sleeping problems, im just excited as heck.
Guys, you are a bit too serious.

EDIT:
Don't think of it as a video game, but more as an experience that will last some people years of enjoyment. That's something to get excited about imo.

👍 Especially if you cant experience a lot of things in your life, like me.

I don't think he has a sleeping problem...

Heheheheheh ... You know what I mean.....

I was trying to say that....he can....wake up his problem, which was hibernating and...so.....

:dunce::dunce::dunce::dunce::dunce: -->> me...... 👎

I will not edit the post, let it here, as a tribute to my intelligence...:dunce:

Read my post again.

And you also forget that when i say im extremely excited for this, that it doesnt mean i dont care for anything else.

I did read your post again. I'll leave it at that.

Video games shouldn't be a life changing experience, in my opinion at least.

I'm a huge gamer but they don't run my life. They are there for enjoyment and I do get excited when something cool comes out. I've been looking forward to Mass Effect 2 since I've completed the first one but I don't lose sleep or count down the days till it comes out. It comes out when it comes out, and when it does I'll play it, complete it (eventually) and move on with my life.

I did read your post again. I'll leave it at that.

Video games shouldn't be a life changing experience, in my opinion at least.

I'm a huge gamer but they don't run my life. They are there for enjoyment and I do get excited when something cool comes out. I've been looking forward to Mass Effect 2 since I've completed the first one but I don't lose sleep or count down the days till it comes out. It comes out when it comes out, and when it does I'll play it, complete it (eventually) and move on with my life.

When you go to an amusement park, or something similar do you get excited? For some people, playing a game like GT can be just as much fun as doing that. There is nothing wrong with getting excited for something you know you will enjoy. It's completely normal getting excited for something you know you will enjoy for years to come.

When you go to an amusement park, or something similar do you get excited? For some people, playing a game like GT can be just as much fun as doing that. There is nothing wrong with getting excited for something you know you will enjoy. It's completely normal getting excited for something you know you will enjoy for years to come.

I don't go to amusement park since there are none close, but to do get excited when I'm going to go on a holiday somewhere fun which is pretty much the same thing.

I don't know, I guess I hope my life never becomes so sad that I end up losing sleep over a demo to a video game that may never come out.

Back