Anyone else losing sleep?

• Thread starter ploopsy
  • 107 comments
You are wrong.

It is a demo. Sony says it is a demo. On the Gran Turismo website it is called a demo. GT5 cars, tracks and physics, thus, it is reflective of GT5.

You should think for yourself. Step out of the box, man!
No, you are wrong, as is evident by the fact that that was no longer a thread ending post.

As for the GT Academy Time Trial - SONY came out and said that it was not a demo of GT5, so make of that what you will. I just state the facts, and don't waste time arguing or debating their worth.

It IS a demo.

The main purpose of the demo is for the GT Academy time trial, not to advertise the game. Therefore it is not a demonstration of the final game, but it does demonstrate the latest physics engine and showcases a new track and a couple of new features, so it is a reflection of GT5, even if Sony claim it is not so.

You are both right, although Tokyodrift, you seem to be quite stubborn that the demo serves only one purpose.

I think the Academy demo is pretty much for the hardcore GT fans, I can't see allot of people bothering with it because they know its just a short tease.

One friend of mine who loves GT won't bother with it because he believes he doesn't have a chance because he doesn't have a wheel.

I think the Academy demo is pretty much for the hardcore GT fans, I can't see allot of people bothering with it because they know its just a short tease.

One friend of mine who loves GT won't bother with it because he believes he doesn't have a chance because he doesn't have a wheel.

For anyone who didn't buy prologue it is a good demonstration of the physics.

I know a couple of guys who are getting this who don't own prologue. They may not like it because it will be too hard, but i will reassure them that the final game with have an easier difficulty.

[...] They may not like it because it will be too hard, but i will reassure them that the final game with have an easier difficulty.

Well, this might be off topic but, I wish that GT mode has only Pro physics enabled, and standard physics must be available only in the arcade mode, therefore, the arcade mode must be improved with challenges and rewards as gt mode is, but not as deep and challenging as gt mode of course. Maybe, unlocking cars and tracks when beating race events, and you can use these cars in online mode without having to spend hours playing to get a decent car to play online.

The pro physics in prologue are quite interesting, playing in a DS3 without TCS is a real challenge ( when you're in a ferrari of course, the GTR still easy to drive ).

Well, this might be off topic but, I wish that GT mode has only Pro physics enabled, and standard physics must be available only in the arcade mode, therefore, the arcade mode must be improved with challenges and rewards as gt mode is, but not as deep and challenging as gt mode of course. Maybe, unlocking cars and tracks when beating race events, and you can use these cars in online mode without having to spend hours playing to get a decent car to play online.

The pro physics in prologue are quite interesting, playing in a DS3 without TCS is a real challenge ( when you're in a ferrari of course, the GTR still easy to drive ).

Not everyone likes a challenge. Professional users should be rewarded in some way, possibly more credits and A-spec points for races? (presuming A-spec points will return, which they may not). But standard should still be an option for GT mode.

Nope, if I were to lose sleep it would be because there is a new update on Team Fortress 2 and I'm not playing it or because I can't wait anymore to open my PS3 and play the crap out of it, I'm really excited for those things, but I don't lose sleep because of that. This mini-demo is in the bottom of my to do list, so I won't even lose any sleep for it.

I guess you could say I am loosing sleep over it, because I end up spending hours here past my bedtime. :sly:

No use for Europeans or UK to loose sleep:

Just seen on Facebook:

Available 9:00 AM GMT
That would make 10:00 in the morning CET (most of the cou)
That makes 19:30 in Australia

Will come back from work over lunch to download

Not everyone likes a challenge. Professional users should be rewarded in some way, possibly more credits and A-spec points for races? (presuming A-spec points will return, which they may not). But standard should still be an option for GT mode.

That's a valid argument, but when you play in standard mode the game is easy and boring, you can hit the accelerator hardly, and you won't get a spin out, you can turn the wheel from one side to another many times, and the car won't loose it's tail. Where's the fun now? If you can't defy the car, if you can always push it hard and he doesn't even will take you to the wall sometimes?

Of course that's my point of view, however even my big bro doesn't like to play with pro physics, and he likes GT very much so there's a solid truth in what you said.

I'd be losing a little sleep if I were in Europe, but since all we Americans have up for grabs is a paid trip to the Indy 500, I'm sleeping just fine.

Latest Posts

Back