Anyone else still playing?

• Thread starter Malefic
  • 117 comments
Malefic
Now that GT5 is out!? I thought I'd play a few F1 races on the weekends or a little online here and there... but I am glued to GT5 now!

I think it could be a few weeks before I come back to F1. There's too many good things for me not to, but the new shiny game has my attention pretty firmly for the moment.

I said before GT5 was released that I would keep playing but since I got it I haven't played it. Can't even imagine taking GT5 out to play it :lol:

Oh well

GT5 is taking all my time the last 2 days and I still have quite a few race weekends left on F1 in my career as I just finished Spa and have just done a few practice laps on Monza. I do however love F1 and think it has alot of life left in my library. I am however very curious to start playing online but being a newbie at it, I am clueless and aprehensive about possibly pissing other players off with inexperience "online" not "driving", any guidance would be terrific!

Playing GT5 right now ; wanting to get my licenses and credits for cars to buy; then try online.

But I will be coming back to F1 2010 occasionally as I love the F1 racing and the load times are quick enough and online racing is good (also the setting option choices are great too!).

I will be back .... to F1 👍

Nothing to do with GT5 for me, I just simply don't play it anymore. I gave my Malaysian race another go after 2 weeks of no F1 2010 but I'm only 4 laps into the race and I'm struck with absolute boredom :indiff:

I came back to F1 2010 last night with some online racing.

Was getting annoyed at grinding on GT5 :yuck:

I will :grumpy: grind some more this weekend, but I will also enjoy some F1 racing online 👍:)

I got GT5 on launch day. Since I have no rig set up yet I refuse to play the game without the G25. My lap times with the dual shock are horrible, and with an awesome wobbly TV dinner table that I broke haha its alot better. Because of this I've been playing the **** out of F1. Just got onto season 2, racing for Virgin because I kept DNFing the first season because it was literally impossible to do anything without spinning out, getting spun, or getting flats. So far season 2 seems alot less challenging.

Played today for practice round at Monza in career. f1 and GT5 totally different games, both are highly addictive, high intensity and incredibly fun. I race mostly at night and it's detrimental to my sleep because after a session I am too pumped up. :crazy:

I still love this game, love the tracks and the speed. GT is great but is a bit of a grind at the start just building up to some decent cars, not complaining really as its always been like that since the first version. I'm racing an online season at the moment on Sundays so try and practice a little during the week if I get a few minutes, will be at Monaco this week if anyone fancies meeting up online.

I just popped this back in because I missed it. Great fun, even if the AI handed my bum to me on a plate. Challenging, exciting, and then it started raining! I've gotta get out of Lotus this season though.

Certainly beats lapping Indy for the umpteenth time just because the XJ220 suddenly decided to show up in the used dealership.

I would still be playing this weren't it for my PS3 dying on its arse. I'm getting a new PS3 slim for christmas thankfully, along with a copy of GT5 but I know the first thing i'll be putting into it will be F1 2010 to resume my love affair with it.

I'm slightly surprised just how much interest has waned in it, obviously GT5 is the primary reason, but interest levels in F1 2010 right now seem not very different to F1:CE shortly before F1 2010 came out.

I think Im just going to concentrate on f1 2010 from now on.

I just find the whole gt5 grinding out boring races for credits thing a bit dull.

I dont get the same buzz as I get from f1 2010 either.

My aim is that by the time f1 2011 comes out I should know all the tracks like the back of my hand.

I feel that f1 2010 demands maximum concentration, to be honest I could do some knitting, watch a movie, and babysit while playing gt5 and still finish 20 seconds ahead of the second place car.

I just picked up a copy today. Glad I did. I am sooooo disappointed in what 5-6 years of development did for GT5. I only ran one race with F1 2010 and I am already liking this. I played GT5 for the first week and I got bored quickly. I think GT4 was twice the fun GT5 is. Where are the freaking tracks. You have got to be kidding me. They went a few steps forward with GT5 but took huge steps back in alot of areas. I get so pissed when I went think about what GT5 lacks compared to GT4. Anywho, I am liking what youtube has shown me of F1 2010 so I am trying it out. So far so good.

GT5 is sidelined until they come out with a huge overhaul. I probably have better chance on just waiting til GT6 comes to get more content. Take out all the unless crap KY. If your staff reads this forum, play close attention to what people do and don't like please. You make the game, we buy the games and make you all rich. The least you do is listen to the demands or you next title will suffer.

I'm still playing it although not as much as GT5. I'm going to start an online championship with some other F1 fans pretty soon and I'll definitely need to practice as I've just bought a new DFGT and I need to get used to it.

When I get bored with the cars and tracks and online of GT5, I'll go back to this. Great game. Both of them, BTW. 👍

Back