Anyone else still playing?

• Thread starter Malefic
  • 117 comments
I would be interested in another F1 league. I have to get used to the game again though. I'll play tomorrow probably with all aids on.:lol: and watch some YouTube laps to get the pace of the things. I found it harder to get the speed of the F1's then the X1 on Gran Turismo which is pretty weird. Too much slow cars.:lol:
I didn't see a bug in that video as well. I've had quite a few online races on F1 2010 and I never heard a complaint about that bug.
Also, for future reference, I have dibs on Renault.:D

Edit: I won't use it but I think you should allow traction control at least. If there is pad users they will have no chance.

I would be interested in another F1 league. I have to get used to the game again though. I'll play tomorrow probably with all aids on.:lol: and watch some YouTube laps to get the pace of the things. I found it harder to get the speed of the F1's then the X1 on Gran Turismo which is pretty weird. Too much slow cars.:lol:
I didn't see a bug in that video as well. I've had quite a few online races on F1 2010 and I never heard a complaint about that bug.
Also, for future reference, I have dibs on Renault.:D

Edit: I won't use it but I think you should allow traction control at least. If there is pad users they will have no chance.

Glad to hear you're interested in another series akmuq :) Consider the Renault yours should you choose to enter 👍

This championship is still very much in the pipeline and a lot of the rules will be open to discussion should a majority of people demand them to be changed, but one that will not be open to debate is TC. It is banned. Frankly, I have little interest in a series which doesn't replicate the F1 experience to its fullest. There are many other reasons for why TC will be banned:

1. For a start, it no longer exists in real life.

2. It levels the playing field. And to those who say it's impossible with a pad, I find this to be a non-argument given that I have met several pad players who know how to keep their car on the black stuff with TC switched off. With that said, I know this will alienate a lot of pad users, but that just means this isn't the series for them. There are surely plenty more series' out there where TC is permitted than where it's not for them to enter.

3. Banning TC adds performance differentiators that there wouldn't otherwise be. Racing with it off rewards drivers with a touch and a feel for their driving, and not just those who know where to point the car and how to mash their pedals/buttons like they're playing Mario Kart. For example, wet weather driving becomes an art form and rewards those who are most judicious with their throttle and brakes. It also makes tyre usage more critical both in terms of conserving them and how you deal with them once they're knackered. It also adds another variable in that race starts require more finesse than just flooring it.

4. Anyone who's given the game a chance both with and without TC will know that the driving experience is simply better with it off.

Sorry if i've overstated my case, but I just want to get that clear and i'll most likely post these points whenever the thread is eventually uploaded. I would just like to say though that beyond anything else, this series is designed to be fun and exciting and that anyone who is committed to racing cleanly is welcome. That's just about the only prerequisite for joining.

Sorry if i've overstated my case, but I just want to get that clear and i'll most likely post these points whenever the thread is eventually uploaded. I would just like to say though that beyond anything else, this series is designed to be fun and exciting and that anyone who is committed to racing cleanly is welcome. That's just about the only prerequisite for joining.

There is a possibility to join in some international clean race league on line? My league its about to finish after 3 more GP (3 weeks) and I look forward to another. I use DFGT and NO aids.

Regards

I just started playing it again last night. I remember a few months ago when I quit, I knew every nuance of my car's handling. Now I'm just getting to know it a little bit again :)

Still playing it...
2nd season for Red Bull
and by the way i'm a pad user and i race with all assists off including TC and to be honest it's not so hard.

Still playing it...
2nd season for Red Bull
and by the way i'm a pad user and i race with all assists off including TC and to be honest it's not so hard.

Thank you 👍

And just for everyone's knowledge, could you verify that you're not even a wizard, sorcerer or black magician either?

Thank you 👍

And just for everyone's knowledge, could you verify that you're not even a wizard, sorcerer or black magician either?

Tell me how:sly:
no seriously it's not that hard especially with Red Bull as the car is much more stable
with Force India however it was harder.

Haven't touched it since GT5 came out, but with testing in progress and the new season around the corner, I'll be back for more. I didn't finish the first season of my career, but I'll probably start a fresh.

Hopefully, the Bahrain GP doesnt get postponed due to protests in the region, however I would miss it only because it would delay the start to the new season. (all the best to those protesting for their values).

Shouldve left Melbourne as the season opener regardless. Much more exciting GP no matter it's place on the calendar.

I put mine back in the PS3 for the first time since the release of GT5, I had actually forgot how much I enjoyed playing this!

I expected to be driving shockingly but I think I've still got the touch for it :D

Restarted it from the beginning so I'm back to my first season with Lotus. :)

Get back on it guys!

I put mine back in the PS3 for the first time since the release of GT5, I had actually forgot how much I enjoyed playing this!

I expected to be driving shockingly but I think I've still got the touch for it :D

Restarted it from the beginning so I'm back to my first season with Lotus. :)

Get back on it guys!

I did exactly the same thing yesterday! Although I went for a 5 season career and started with Torro Rosso. I forgot how good this game is, very refreshing after persisting with GT5 for so long and waiting for patches to fix the AI etc. which will probably never happen.

I couldn't do it to myself any more. And now that the first round of the F1 has been cancelled, I will have plenty of time to get a season under my belt before round 1 in Melbourne.

Needless to say, I am very excited to see what Codemasters can do with F1 2011 :)

Just picked up the game this past weekend. I love GT5s driving, but I wanted some racing.

So far so good on Lotus, only a few races into season 1.

Just picked up the game this past weekend. I love GT5s driving, but I wanted some racing.

So far so good on Lotus, only a few races into season 1.

I started a new career with Toro Rosso, so far only done practice and qualifying at Bahrain and already having more fun than GT5. In fact, qualifying is almost as much fun as the actual race itself! Somehow PD fail to understand this though, which is why it is unlikely that I will ever put GT5 back in the PS3 except to do the odd lap of the Nordschleife.

For now though, bring on the 2011 season! It's Mark Webber's year 👍

I've started playing it again for the first time since getting my hands on GT5, but I'm only at Malaysia as I restarted it after the big anti-bug update.

Glad to see more going back to F1. Perhaps I will get the courage to play online one day. I can't wait to see what F1 2011 brings to the table. This game is more of a challenge to get to 1st, and stay in first. One major screw up and you don't win. Unlike GT when you can still win the race in most cases. Qualifying is very exciting I agree. I have only polled once but I get a kick out of trying. I want that Michael Sch. trophy of 40 wins from poll position.

I am sure it all get s easier with better teams. I am winning in championship points with HRT in my second season but no way in hell I can with the Over All team points due to my worthless partner.

Glad to see more going back to F1. Perhaps I will get the courage to play online one day. I can't wait to see what F1 2011 brings to the table. This game is more of a challenge to get to 1st, and stay in first. One major screw up and you don't win. Unlike GT when you can still win the race in most cases. Qualifying is very exciting I agree. I have only polled once but I get a kick out of trying. I want that Michael Sch. trophy of 40 wins from poll position.

I am sure it all get s easier with better teams. I am winning in championship points with HRT in my second season but no way in hell I can with the Over All team points due to my worthless partner.

Yeah it definitely gets easier with better teams, which is how it should be. I like that Codemasters actually payed attention to things like this as opposed to other games where all cars are exactly the same.

I won at Monaco in the rain in my first season with Lotus thanks to a brilliant pit strategy (if I might say so myself) and it was very rewarding.

I like the fact that F1 2010 is so punishing, as you say. One mistake can cost you dearly, whether it be in qualifying or in the actual race itself. You just don't get that sense of danger and risk in GT5.

Overall I have to say I was pleasantly surprised (and still surprised the more I play) with F1 2010. When Codemasters said they were using the same engine as Dirt and Grid I thought here we go, another one shoe fits all arcade racer. But they did a really a good job and I can't wait for them to iron out a few of the bugs and continue to expand for F1 2011!

For now though, bring on the 2011 season! It's Mark Webber's year 👍

I soooo hope so, but think he will be struggling against the grain again in 2011.
Red Bull just wants him to play second fiddle and block for Vettel.
Hopefully Mark stays consistent and Vettel suffers from a World Championship hangover :guilty: than Red Bull have no choice but to support him.

Anyway back OT.
I haven't put F1 2010 back in the PS3 purely because i'm waiting for the season to start. I agree that the racing is MUCH MUCH better in this than GT5 and that Qualifying is fun even with the time kerfuffle.

GT5 will still be my #1 game, simply because of the variety, but once the season rolls around again I think the excitement might get to me and I'll be racing again, gives me an excuse to start my second season :)

I've started playing it again for the first time since getting my hands on GT5, but I'm only at Malaysia as I restarted it after the big anti-bug update.

My too buddy :D. From the beginning 24/09/2010 I start my long way in 7 yrs in Lotus - never finish even first year :indiff:I've started playing on line and I love it. Playing only on line till now...

I'm planning on picking this up very soon. I'm getting incredibly sick of the AI in GT5 completely ignoring my existence. I lost the Nascar championship by 5 points because I got spun at Daytona and finished last. Once you lose the pack you're done for. I try my best to race clean and not hit the other cars, cut corners, etc so hopefully F1 2010 will be more rewarding. Any tips for somebody starting out that's a huge F1 fan?

Any tips for somebody starting out that's a huge F1 fan?

Watch the real onboard laps and try and apply them to your driving, provided you have a wheel this really does work. And stick to the rubbered in racing line, there is more grip there even if on occasion it's not the theoretical fastest line into a corner - it's usually faster because there's more rubber there.

I'll be pushing the F1 2010 disc in Friday and Staurday; with the cancelled Bahrain race; and the lack of good racing (more often than not) in GT5 online (except for organized clubs like Councours Club, who are 8 hours time difference and difficult toschedule race with during the week)

I'm planning on picking this up very soon. I'm getting incredibly sick of the AI in GT5 completely ignoring my existence. I lost the Nascar championship by 5 points because I got spun at Daytona and finished last. Once you lose the pack you're done for. I try my best to race clean and not hit the other cars, cut corners, etc so hopefully F1 2010 will be more rewarding. Any tips for somebody starting out that's a huge F1 fan?

Seriously get it, you won't regret it. As above, being smooth is everything. With all aids off, it has quite a steep learning curve, just as a proper F1 game should!

I only play with DS3 so it's 10 times harder but still very rewarding cutting your lap times down 10th by 10th

I just picked up F1 2010 today. I'm still using a DS3 for the time being, but have a DFGT on the way...I love watching F1 and following the technology these guys are using and developing. I'm sure I'll have a blast with it and GT5 once my wheel comes in!

Back