Anyone else still playing?

• Thread starter Malefic
  • 117 comments
I have been with GT since the first installment. F1 gives me a change of pace. Its a different pace and its harder for me to adjust but give me time to learn these tracks and I just may see some of you guys online. F1 is tough but it quite fun. Makes my G27 w/custom seat build worth it.

Haven't been playing much since it had some issues on the pc. I will fire it up soon tough. I have a playseat evo and a g27 so it fels awesome. I do find it much harder than gt5 and I don't know many of the tracks to want to go online. Also I am thinking of swaping out cards that I have since at the moment I am running it on my htpc rig with an gtx 470 but on my office rig I have an hd 5970. Any word on how the 5970 runs with this game? I can't sli the 470 on the board I have in my htpc so it has to go up stairs to the i7 rig. Life is good!

When I get bored with the cars and tracks and online of GT5, I'll go back to this. Great game. Both of them, BTW. 👍

Yeah, when I tire of the grind I pop in F1 2010.

I also dislike the online environment with GT5; prefer F1 2010 online environment; granted it is dedicated just to F1; like how you can choose race settings and car settings.

So I have been on lately and will continue to race online with F1 2010, until I have a full stable of cars in GT5 after getting enouigh credits :ouch:

i am doing GT5 now. i like f12010 but there is always no time enough do all things you like...

also i hate to switch racing games. i am no comfy whit the GT5-gameplay.

Finally doing my 7yr career and in my first season with Lotus I was reminded what a chuggy nightmare Monaco is in the SP mode :mad:. Through TT'in I've actually learned to like the track as there are no issues with dropped frames, but throw that positive vibe completely out the window when 24 cars are on track.

2011 WILL BE a rental first given all the niggling little issues CM failed to catch/address in this release.

Until my GT5 comes along, this is what I have been ,and will continue to play day and night. Doing a 7 year career, just did Turkey, i'm on 13 points and i'm driving for HRT. Hoping for a Williams drive in year 2. Is it possible to get a Williams drive in year 2 if i'm on a 7 year?

Ah, up to Spa again in career last night. Dry practise, wet qualifying, dry race. Amazing. I thought I was destroying the AI in qualifying so I pitted in an time skipped, rain stops, AI drops me from pole down to 6th. All race I'm fighting with Kubica to try and get up to 5th. Fantastic game. Fantastic.

When I can find good racers online with GT5, I enjoy that more. But it's so much hard work to find a good room, and it's so easy to just run another career race in F1 2010. I feel like the game is actually challenging me to become a better driver. I love it.

Now that GT5 is out, now us true F1 fans can do some online racing without all the bashing.

I did a few races last night with this bunch of German guys I stumbled upon. I couldn't understand a word they were saying but they were all fair racers and we had a laugh. I'd make a point of adding anyone who you've found to be a clean racer to your friends list until it's extensive enough to organise invite only races. When you have 10 or so like-minded racers it's just such brilliant fun, not having to worry every time you make an overtake if the person is going to punt you off or crash into the back of you when braking hard for a corner. The collision detection in F1 2010 is the best i've ever seen in a racing game which means you can fight tooth and nail so long as people try to be fair. I'm still loving this game 👍

Broke my steering wheel mid 2nd season in single player, had to wait for another one and didnt like the game with a controller, got my new wheel and signed up to iRacing, fired F1 2010 up later but couldnt get into it after playing iRacing, F1 2010 physics are just a bit off, the brakes are still weird and meh, and its been gathering virtual dust since, i did plan to eventually crack on with it but then GT5 game out confirming the death of F1 2010.

Lets hope they can make some big improvements for F1 2011.

Broke my steering wheel mid 2nd season in single player, had to wait for another one and didnt like the game with a controller, got my new wheel and signed up to iRacing, fired F1 2010 up later but couldnt get into it after playing iRacing, F1 2010 physics are just a bit off, the brakes are still weird and meh, and its been gathering virtual dust since, i did plan to eventually crack on with it but then GT5 game out confirming the death of F1 2010.

Lets hope they can make some big improvements for F1 2011.

How hard or easy is it to get into iracing, are there lots of noob racers like myself playing?

It's pretty easy. I was playing F1CE when it came out and just picked up F1 2010. Started playing online for the first time and WOW. Very cool but there are some bad drivers out there.

Just played a race where I passed someone fair and square only to have him ram me at the end of the next straight. I had been pushing but giving plenty of room so as not knock him off the road while I waited for my opportunity, he was a pretty good driver but I guess being passed made him see red. Oh well.

If anyone wants to race sometime please add me to your list.

Popped this game in on Sunday night/Monday morning at work. I guess I really missed it. Going to play it when I get home. :)

Just started...

For those who think F1 2010 is easy, turn OFF all the assists and turn up the AI difficulty, and enjoy the hell......

Just started...

For those who think F1 2010 is easy, turn OFF all the assists and turn up the AI difficulty, and enjoy the hell......

Not an easy game, but easy to start playing. I think it's one of the most challenging driving games around. I enjoy GT5, but I get more excited playing F1. All assists off is the way to go.

I still pop it in....GT5 just isn't really any fun (for me). I haven't raced online with F1 yet, but will soon.

Lately spending a lot of time with NFS HP.....not a sim so to speak, but loads of fun.

I got it for Christmas and I just finished 22nd for the first time, that's how easy it is

Managed a 1st finish by beating Hamilton in Singapore (3 laps, GP mode), and that's because I used Ferrari F10 (Massa in 7th grip start) + 2 hours constantly re-starting due to various mistakes...:banghead:

Just tried my first Career (Red Bull Team 2) race this afternoon (some 3 hours) on Bahrain GP. I got 10th in Pratice, 7th in Qualifying (2:00.xxx), the best position I got in Race was 2nd place (after Massa, before Webber) at around lap 12; however, I just couldn't stay focus for more than 20 laps, and eventually spinned out and dropped to the bottom due to other mistakes...:ill:

I can say good bye to full race, 50% is currently the best I can do.

PS: I use XBOX 360 Controller, all assists off, AI is set at Expert (not quite remember the exact name, but one level higher than Professional).

Nope, tried it again for a few hours and lost interest, kinda hard to play anything F1 after running the X1, Thats what F1 should be like today....

kinda hard to play anything F1 after running the X1, Thats what F1 should be like today....

And naturally you've got a lab full of re-engineered humans who could survive the associated G loads :rolleyes:.

New today from the "stupid stuff my race engineer says" dept; "Ok you've got a half minute lead on Webber, try to increase the gap." :odd:

I played it off and on until GT5 came out. After messing around with GT5, passing the license tests, etc.....I just got bored with it.

I went back to F1 and have been having a blast. So lately it's F1 and NSF HP (which is not realistic, but IS a whole lotta fun.).

Now that i got my Fanatec GT3Rs i've went back too it, i love the game and will not get rid of it, unless a new one comes out. The cars sound awesome and it's really awesome with a good wheel.

Yup, still, or rather, again, playing. Picked It up again last week after me and a friend agreed on a Yas Marina on line race next Monday. So, had to practice a little and It was a blast. Better than I remembered. If you care to join; Monday 31/1, 20.30 GMT+1. Laptimes 1.46.xxx (not very fast, but we race clean).

Back