Anyone find I-B license 6 & 7 annoy?

Hmm, I can't remember exactly what these tests are, but I may know a remedy.

Try entering the turn a little wider, braking a little earlier, and easing back on the throttle instead of just flooring it... Let me look real fast.

Alright, I just done both of them real quick. A good suggestion for both is to turn on the replay options for speedometer and accelerator/braking.

On number 6, the game recommends 2nd gear for the turns, but the AI does it all in 4th. I managed 3rd for all of it. That gave me bronze. Try to stay as far inside of the curves as possible. If you begin to get too wide, you may go off the course, or possibly hit a cone. If you feel the car getting loose, stay off the accelerator, but DO NOT hit the brakes. Doing so will lose all rhythm you have. If you lose the rhythm, you will pretty much miss the time. Going over the curbs is great, don't be afraid of the cones. They are further from the curb than you think.

On number 7, do the exact same thing for number 6. You may feel a little looser, but there wasn't much difference of feel for me. Again, try to stay inside over curbs as much as possible. Hitting brakes here will have a greater chance of spinning the back end around on you. Be gentle with the accelerator, hitting it all at once may cause some understeer, sliding you into a cone or some dirt.

A little patience will pay off here. I like that slalom test better than GT2 though... :P There is a little more room for error here.

Good luck!!! :burnout:

Those are the tests that take you through the slalom section of Complex String right? Well the general advice for these types of turns is to keep the car as straight as possible. Don't get caught spending too much time turning for one bend because each bends follows each other immediately, so you need to set-up for the next bend before you actually get to it. Also, make sure you clip every set of rumble strips. You really have to be on top of your steering in these tests, as once you round one curve you immediately have to set-up for the next. It can be taken full throttle but you might want to let off while going around the bends, especially if you are using an automatic transmission and the car is in 4th gear.

They're almost flat, but go for a little 'confidence lift' just as you approach each apex. That'll tuck the car in a little and will allow you to get back on the power early. When you're doing 6, try to be smooth, because 7 is the same only with TCS and ASM off, so if you bludgeon your way through 6, you'll be stuck on 7.

Remember, the weight's in the back of the car, so try not to steer or brake, do the whole thing with throttle movement - lifting off will bring the tail round, so that's why you lift, then boot it at each apex. Should kill the understeer for you.

Thanks for the tips, but getting gold is freakin hard. I agree with you, Beamerkid44 I found those tracks pretty annoying to get gold in too.

MUST GET GOLD!!!!

Back