anyone playing league of legends?

• Thread starter swann35
  • 48 comments
Hmmmm, thread bump! Anyone still play around here? I've been really into it this year.

Still do. Started around the middle of S3 (Lissandra release IIRC) and have played in spurts that were rather dependent on my internet actually working. Because of that I never actually played ranked aside from S4/S5's placement matches where I got placed in those respective tiers (Silver IV and Silver V).

As of right now I play mainly ARAMs as I can't normally dedicate a full <60 minutes to a single session anymore, and arams generally last about 15-20 mins. If I do play SR I roll with top/jungle unless autofill kicks in.

Once I get home from vacation and not be stuck on my phone I'll post some screengrabs.

Man I always feel like a newbie when seeing other people started way before me. I began when the Poppy rework was released I believe.

@LMSCorvetteGT2 Sorry for late reply I'm at lvl 13 now.

I was only doing bot games until around that level too. Was very scared of PvP, but I played ARAMs with my friends to ease into it, and soon Summoner's Rift. Wasn't until about 2-3 months of playing the game that I actually did a Normal on my own. :lol:

If you want to play seriously then you should rank and even if your lvl 13 you can still play norms and gain some early experience. Bots aren't going to teach you much other than how to use your champions skill set in a basic level. Also other mechanics can be learned through it as well on a smaller level, like kiting, orb walking. You can also test out itemization paths and rune and mastery sets.

I think I need to watch tutorial videos before I play PVP. I can kill champions and know the basic of how to win the game but I still don't know how to efficiently use my champion and most of the items. I only play 5v5 Summoner's Rift on intermediate. My champ is Miss Fortune.

BTW I only started last week and I can't play regularly right now because of school.

I think I need to watch tutorial videos before I play PVP. I can kill champions and know the basic of how to win the game but I still don't know how to efficiently use my champion and most of the items. I only play 5v5 Summoner's Rift on intermediate. My champ is Miss Fortune.

BTW I only started last week and I can't play regularly right now because of school.

Like what kind of tutorial videos? Seriously you're over thinking it, just watch a game on youtube first if that makes you comfortable, after go into a game of norms obviously, and play that. Make sure you /mute all so if you do screw up you don't have to see their flaming. And just focus on you.

Once you do that you'll get better, when you realize where you're at after say 20-30 games of pvp, then go and watch videos on more advance skills/mechanics. Go practice those a bit in practice, and then try playing again on norms and see if you improve. Though I would only do this if you're serious about getting good at the game, if you want to be any other casual player without much care to the game, then just wing it.

Is this the type of tutorial you're talking about? Granted it's not a tutorial and his live stream, but this is the type of video you should be watching. To learn how to play a champ, but also when to engage, how to farm, how to itemize, and then what to do mid to late game. League isn't as people make it out to be, which is why 90% of the players are in the lowest elo when they rank. Because they just aren't putting in the effort to learn and advance their game knowledge and/or skill.

For me at least, I learned a lot from watching the esports of LoL. Showed me a good bit on handling minions. Not the casters explaining it, but watching every move the pros make.

Do people have a 'main' or preferences on champion and lane? I'd like to see what we got here!

This.

That's why I'm afraid to play PVP because I'm still a noob and don't want other players to get mad at me. I'm watching tutorials with titles like "LOL beginners guide" :lol: I will take your advice and watch the vid you posted. And thanks for the encouragement. I will try my first PVP later.

@Downhill Dino The first time I played I naturally went to bottom with a marksman. I didn't know that's the role for that lane yet. But for some reason, I naturally went there. So I'm an ad carry player.

This.

That's why I'm afraid to play PVP because I'm still a noob and don't want other players to get mad at me. I'm watching tutorials with titles like "LOL beginners guide" :lol: I will take your advice and watch the vid you posted. And thanks for the encouragement. I will try my first PVP later.

@Downhill Dino The first time I played I naturally went to bottom with a marksman. I didn't know that's the role for that lane yet. But for some reason, I naturally went there. So I'm an ad carry player.

For now you're an ad carry player, you picked the wrong season to be one, hahaha.

For me at least, I learned a lot from watching the esports of LoL. Showed me a good bit on handling minions. Not the casters explaining it, but watching every move the pros make.

Do people have a 'main' or preferences on champion and lane? I'd like to see what we got here!

Problem is LCS really doesn't teach that much, most of the rotations, picks and even meta isn't the same as solo/duo queue

What's worse is there is a variation between viability in LCK and NA LCS and EULCS that makes learning from them all the more difficult. The only thing to learn is how to play in general, but I'd rather watch pro players stream solo queue. The lessons are more applicable and easier to concentrate than two teams over an entire map.

For now you're an ad carry player, you picked the wrong season to be one, hahaha.

"ADC in 2k17" ? Hey now it's not that bad at the moment! I off role it though. Please no Duskblade, I choose life.

Problem is LCS really doesn't teach that much, most of the rotations, picks and even meta isn't the same as solo/duo queue

What's worse is there is a variation between viability in LCK and NA LCS and EULCS that makes learning from them all the more difficult. The only thing to learn is how to play in general, but I'd rather watch pro players stream solo queue. The lessons are more applicable and easier to concentrate than two teams over an entire map.

This is true, I watch mostly LCK here and there and that's why I specifically mentioned minion management as you can't get much from other technical aspects. Streamers are hit or miss for me, some personalities are just hard for me to get by but that's a whole other thing! :P

"ADC in 2k17" ? Hey now it's not that bad at the moment! I off role it though. Please no Duskblade, I choose life.

It still is, it's not nearly as versatile as it was last year, which is why an APC was the go to ad carry for the first four months of season 7.

This is true, I watch mostly LCK here and there and that's why I specifically mentioned minion management as you can't get much from other technical aspects. Streamers are hit or miss for me, some personalities are just hard for me to get by but that's a whole other thing! :P

If the streamers are an issue just watch replay games on youtube, tons of big names are posted, and the best part is...you don't have to hear them talk or anything.

I suppose that's true, but I'm not entirely convinced! Feels good with mage supports leaving, and tanks in general returning, feels real good. I don't know, I thrive in a comp built around the adc so I quite like it at the moment as in this patch so far.

I suppose that's true, but I'm not entirely convinced! Feels good with mage supports leaving, and tanks in general returning, feels real good. I don't know, I thrive in a comp built around the adc so I quite like it at the moment as in this patch so far.

Yeah but as any higher elo player would say, that's a coin toss scenario, because if your win condition is the adc carrying. If they don't carry you auto lose, which is why I always strive for the best win condition I believe, and that's split push carry.

As promised;
grag.png

This was a ARAM where the average rank of the players was Plat IV... and I'm unranked.

karthus.jpg

Possibly the dumbest game I've ever played, normally the All For One gamemode has Karthus and Teemo banned for obvious reasons... but in custom games (which is what the Riot employee was hosting)with that mode, anything is fair game. Was actually having framerate drops because of the amount of Q spam on screen.

diana6.png

And my main/only Mastery 6 champ (stuck on 2/3 tokens for Mastery 7.)
Shame she's not meta right now, the buffs they added last patch actually help quite a lot with first clear.

Back