Anyone still play GT4?

I ordered a copy today. £2.70.
I only have GT5 & GT6 so far. I haven't played GT5 in over 2 years & have had the platinum trophy & 100% completion in GT6 for quite some time.
I'm excited to try GT4 after seeing it praised so much on GTPlanet.
Somebody is bringing a PS2 to my house for me today. I've never had one before, just 3 PS3's.
I'm looking forward to getting started on GT4. :D

Edit: Oh no! He brought the wrong transformer. A bit more waiting then, till he finds the right one. :irked:

Last edited:
Another reason I still play GT4 is because I got the PS2 for $20, the disc for $4. and a Logitech Driving Force Pro wheel for $30. I can't think of anything else that gives this many hours of fun for $54.00 I also can't see spending the money to move up to PS3 or PS4. Especially since GT is literally the only game I play.

Another reason I still play GT4 is because I got the PS2 for $20, the disc for $4. and a Logitech Driving Force Pro wheel for $30. I can't think of anything else that gives this many hours of fun for $54.00 I also can't see spending the money to move up to PS3 or PS4. Especially since GT is literally the only game I play.
Yes, I normally buy the new PlayStation just for the latest GT.

Too bad my TV doesn't have component input and PS2 games look bad. GT4 is still great game, AI is bad though so I prefer time trial or trying with licences.

Frankly, the AI is bad in all GT games, not just GT4. But I believe it's worse in the PS3 games, GT5 especially.

I actually play GT4 quite often now. I've been trying to get all the cars in the game(at 620-something now!), just have mostly race cars left to buy. :)

I actually play GT4 quite often now. I've been trying to get all the cars in the game(at 620-something now!), just have mostly race cars left to buy. :)

I also have 620 cars but am missing quite a few race cars, it takes a while to save up the 1 million required for most of them, and then there's the LMP's which are 4.5 million, ouch that's steep.

Well I usually just earn money the lazy way by selling the RSC Rally Car over and over again, but even then it takes a while to get enough money for the high-end race cars. Driving a different car each time I do that race helps break the monotony but it's still tedious XD

I like gt5, n4s, Forsa, just fine but gt4 is still my favorite above all others. It's the only one I keep coming back to...

I completely beat this game (100% completion, 10,000 B-Spec point, made all cars drivable via Arcade Mode) this spring, so I have no reason to play it anymore. The answer is no.

I completely beat this game (100% completion, 10,000 B-Spec point, made all cars drivable via Arcade Mode) this spring, so I have no reason to play it anymore. The answer is no.
How many A-Spec points do you have?

I play it whenever I'm not playing GT3, enjoying the benefits of both, rarely with another game in between.
That's what I used to do as well. I think I posted on another thread, GT3 seems a better game but GT4 has way more content. I always preferred GT3, but played GT4 a lot too because it was fresh with many new cars and tracks. For that reason I really want GT Concept. GT3 with some of GT4's better cars, plus Autumn Ring.

Funny how some things just never get old........ 'cept me. :crazy:
Been scratching around all weekend looking for cables to re-connect the old PS2 into my new HiDef CTV monitor.
I knew my copy of GT4 was onboard and couldn't contain my excitement as it fired up. :bowdown:

In spite of the unpolished graphics (as compared to GT5-6) it is a so much better game in my opinion.
I'm not here to bash PD, but I feel they dropped the ball after GT4, 5 and 6 are only mere shadows of their (PD) passed efforts. GT5 has an almost reasonable 1 player (offline) mode with not a bad selection of races, 6 just sucks. 👎
(Again, personal opinion. ;) )

Getting back into GT4 again I realize how much the race career has diminished in the last two games. :(
I've completely re-started (last time played.....??? years ago...) GT4 and am @ 27%.

I play it still and about to after school today. Simply just a masterpiece what PD done. I bet PD work hard still like they used to,but have odd management in today's standards.

Back