Anyone still play GT4?

Have you ever beaten mission..23...? the one with the Nissan Skylines on Test Course? That and 34 are the ones I can't beat. All of the other missions I managed to beat except those two
Mission 23 has quite a reputation, but it's really not that bad. Take a look here.

Have you ever beaten mission..23...? the one with the Nissan Skylines on Test Course? That and 34 are the ones I can't beat. All of the other missions I managed to beat except those two
I finally beat this mission after tons of tries, you need to slipstream the other skylines and let them pass you and slipstream them again, then you will finally be able to reach that yellow skyline.

Playing GT4 right now. Started with the Isuzu Piazza this time and it's proved to be a very solid car.
1918922_10205001976196014_325798427999276375_n.jpg

Yup, I go back to play GT4 every so often. I just started now trying to do something that I did in GT2; which cars are the best starter cars. While doing this, I learned of something that I didn't realize before; that the EK Honda Civic Type R and SW20 Toyota MR2 G-Limited both cost under 10k at the start of the game. I never noticed that they were within the budget until now.

M
Yup, I go back to play GT4 every so often. I just started now trying to do something that I did in GT2; which cars are the best starter cars. While doing this, I learned of something that I didn't realize before; that the EK Honda Civic Type R and SW20 Toyota MR2 G-Limited both cost under 10k at the start of the game. I never noticed that they were within the budget until now.
I bought the MR2 as a first car, but because I had 100k extra starting money I could've bought a faster car. You can receive 100k if you have GT3 and GT4 prologue data on you're memory card

I bought the MR2 as a first car, but because I had 100k extra starting money I could've bought a faster car. You can receive 100k if you have GT3 and GT4 prologue data on you're memory card
Actually, it's up to 100k. You only receive the amount of money that you had in your GT3 gamesave at the time along with up to 2 licenses. Anyway, I didn't do that, because it made the game too easy at the start. Instead, I played through B-License first to win a VW Lupo, did a couple of races in that, then sold the car to buy something else.

matter of fact i have, there are good tips here on this forum on how, and i posted a video too...

You could consider me going back to GT4 and other classics in the next week so yeah. Bought GT4 along with older GT's on ebay, now just waiting to arrive here. :)👍

no more xlink kai session??
GT4 actually has LAN system instead.
----
Turns out that my copy of GT4 doesn't want to play. I think it's maybe the amount of scratches? meanwhile my GT3, GTC and GT4P works fine.

Edit: I guess my ps2 laser doesn't like DVD discs.

Last edited:
GT4 actually has LAN system instead.
----
Turns out that my copy of GT4 doesn't want to play. I think it's maybe the amount of scratches? meanwhile my GT3, GTC and GT4P works fine.

Edit: I guess my ps2 laser doesn't like DVD discs.
too bad. maybe the disc gata got damage.

I'm interested in participating in xlink kai session !

well we should set up the date and time. so can skid around the course. xD

Last edited by a moderator:
too bad. maybe the disc gata got damage.

well we should set up the date and time. so can skid around the course. xD
Ether it's the disc or my ps2 laser not wanting to read dvd9 discs...

well it can play other games. maybe the data in the disc got damaged. can happen though. happened to one of my friend...
Based on the scratches, i could say you might be right. I just might buy another one or do something else.

I will go and buy another one online.
----
Now reading about Xlink kai, i'm interested in joining and having fun if that's possible. :)

thats possible as the is no one using it though. kinda sad when ur alone. T^T

Yeah, I still play GT4, even though I finished it (100%). It's definitely my favourite Gran Turismo so far.

whats the difference? driving feel? how about the control of car? car control during drift. is it harder than gt4 or easier?

I'm looking to fish out my copy and fire up the PS2 to use some of the cars not featured in the Forza series, such as the 106 twins, earlier Evos and Imprezas et al.

Every week I hope to see GT4 or 3 to get released on PS4. You would think it would be easy for them to add them since the series is PlayStation exclusive.

No kidding. It's not playable on my flatscreen due to that lag thing.

I found my copy today. Cue me buying interesting used gems like it's 2005 all over again.

With so many JDM alloy wheel options and the extensive camber adjustment, there's plenty of mileage in this game still for me.

I started back playing it again just a few days ago. I picked up a component cable yesterday because the resolution without it was almost unplayable. Now it's a lot more clearer and easier to look at.

I was only at 25% when I last played the game, so I have a long way to go. It's a lot more challenging than I remember, so it's nice to play something so old, but yet get the satisfaction of good gameplay.

I need to get myself a new DS2. The knock off one I have doesn't cut it for me, unfortunately. There's a game shop that just opened recently near me, so I can grab one from there and start to try and conquer GT4 completely for the first time since I first got it forever go. :embarrassed:

I forgot to add that I even dragged out, or had to climb into my dodgy attic to get my Logitech Driving Force (the blue handled one) out for this one too. Using the Driving Force GT for so long, the previously mentioned feels like a plastic tricycle wheel :)

I thought the same thing last night while wrestling with the Midfield race in Supercar Festival (yes, my driving habits need to be refined again, ha!) or wondering if it was because the game was "new to me" again, like it was when it came out? I like 6 far much more than 5. I always thought 4 was great anyway.

Back