Anyone still play GT4?

I still play it daily on my PC. It's simply impossible to get bored with this game.

On a PC eh? Is that with the PCSX2 emulator or downloaded from Partis.si? I've been missing GT4 since it wont run on my flatscreen and the only analog TV I have is 11".

I still play some GT4, after Course Creator was brought back into GT6, I play it a bit less. But overall I do play it sometimes. My disc is scratched up so when I win a reward it freezes.

On a PC eh? Is that with the PCSX2 emulator or downloaded from Partis.si? I've been missing GT4 since it wont run on my flatscreen and the only analog TV I have is 11".

Yeah I play it with PCSX2. Runs buttery smooth 60fps with a 4690k and a 750ti.

As a matter of fact, yes.

Buuut, in races where i can, i have to use an Italian/French car.
I call it the "West City Run" because i've done a similar thing in 2. To mostly-avail, but since there were no FR cars in West City in 2, i had to use a Japanese one, and gave up on the hill climb events entirely. :lol:

Back on track!!!

My dumb ass forgot that I could just use the output cable from my PS3, switch it over to my PS2, and plug it into my ElGato GC!!!

So, after 6 years of idling, I'm ready to get back to attacking the gamesave I've kept on Day 730... April 1st, so I must be a fool!

I'll have some uploads later, but I have to get back to remembering what I had planned for my races and my garage. As a reminder, I'm looking to build a "Drive Any Car" gamesave by the time I reach 100%, with Gold Junkie stats.

But be warned... I chose my handle for a reason! There will be plenty of Crash-Turning, T-Boning, Wall Riding, Lawnmowing action to cringe at!!! ;)

Stay tuned, and Have A Great Drive!
RoadHazzard

Dusted off the old PS2 a few days ago and started a new profile with my little brother, the nostalgia is real :)

I enjoy playing Gt4 every once in awhile. I kinda messed up though because I reset most of my endurance races thinking I was gonna grind them again. :/

Back on track!!!

My dumb ass forgot that I could just use the output cable from my PS3, switch it over to my PS2, and plug it into my ElGato GC!!!

So, after 6 years of idling, I'm ready to get back to attacking the gamesave I've kept on Day 730... April 1st, so I must be a fool!

I'll have some uploads later, but I have to get back to remembering what I had planned for my races and my garage. As a reminder, I'm looking to build a "Drive Any Car" gamesave by the time I reach 100%, with Gold Junkie stats.

But be warned... I chose my handle for a reason! There will be plenty of Crash-Turning, T-Boning, Wall Riding, Lawnmowing action to cringe at!!! ;)

Stay tuned, and Have A Great Drive!
RoadHazzard
Yeah my Elgato's sole purpose now is as a HD converter for the PS2. The quality is incredible compared to composite.

I finished the El Capitan endurance and I noticed something odd...

Here's the lineup:
Lotus Motor Sport Elise '99
Shelby Series 1 Supercharged '03
TVR Cerbera Speed 6 '97
TVR T350C '03
Mercedes-Benz SL65 AMG '04
Ford GT '05 (Me)

I was doing B-Spec and watching my car pass the other opponents while trying to keep ahead of the Elise. When I was passing the Series 1, the rear camber was ridiculous!

By what degree? Did you save the replay? If you can't get a capture you could upload the replay file (it's easy, if you need instructions)

EDIT oh no it's not you need a certain adapter you probably don't have

I finished the El Capitan endurance and I noticed something odd...

Here's the lineup:
Lotus Motor Sport Elise '99
Shelby Series 1 Supercharged '03
TVR Cerbera Speed 6 '97
TVR T350C '03
Mercedes-Benz SL65 AMG '04
Ford GT '05 (Me)

I was doing B-Spec and watching my car pass the other opponents while trying to keep ahead of the Elise. When I was passing the Series 1, the rear camber was ridiculous!
Yeah, the Shelby Series 1 for some reason has insane rear camber. It's not just in the El Capitan enduro, it's anyplace you see it.

My PS2 is old and doesn't read many of the discs. GT3 runs well, but GT4 doesn't even launch. But I kept my savegame on the memory card untouched.

Yesterday, I visited a local Japanese-themed gaming club (not only gaming though, that's a common gathering place of otakus in my city, where they read manga and watch anime together), and they had a fully working PS2. I brought my GT4 disc & memcard and launched the game.
itpPx8_itfk.jpg

Ooh, my garage... It was waiting for me 7 years. And that music...

Re-played GT4 after...meh, a lot of time...
The plan was actually to grab all the 4 black cars and nothing else, now I'm nearly finishing the game for the first time!
Missing La Sarthe II 24h endurance, Infineon endurance, the whole Formula GT championship and like 3 races in another championship...
Mostly bronze licenses, not planning to get gold but it's unnecessary for the black FGT, which is the only thing that really matters now...

I have to get a ps2 and GT4. It's a timeless game which I have a craving for.

Plus I want to be able to post in this section. There's still a lot of potential in this game for community based activities, thanks to GTPlanet!

GT4 is in deed my most favorite GT game of all, but sadly I can't play the game anymore since my PS2 is alreay dead now. X)

GT4 is in deed my most favorite GT game of all, but sadly I can't play the game anymore since my PS2 is alreay dead now. X)

Just get another one. It's worth it!~ Plus it shouldn't cost much!

Well, now that my brother decided to take and keep the PS2 at my house, I think I might continue my hunt for A-Spec points.

A little off-topic, but I've mainly been playing Tourist Trophy lately (yes, five out of nine Polyphony Digital games released in the U.S. that I own [GT3, 4, 5, 6, and TT, and the ones I don't have are GT1, 2, and 5 Prologue, and inevitably Omega Boost]), and right now I have gold on 37 out of 40 license tests, with the Fuji time trial is where I'm struggling at right now, or S-8.

Tips to win the Nurb race on the FGT championship? It's the last thing missing for 100% And personally I'm not able to A-spec the race, I can't really pull 15 perfect laps in a row...

Tips to win the Nurb race on the FGT championship? It's the last thing missing for 100% And personally I'm not able to A-spec the race, I can't really pull 15 perfect laps in a row...
Run B-Spec and pit every two laps.

Still use it for 2 players split-screen, where its enormous car selection and simpler physical model make it a lot better than GT5 and GT6, with their strange "favourites" thingy.

I'm on the 100% club! FINALLY!
The Nurb F1 race was a nightmare but I was lucky enough to find a good strategy for my B spec driver...

If sony can bring GT4 or GT3 to the ps4 for ps2 classics section then yea i will still play this.:)
I couldn't have said it better myself. Only upsetting part about that is I'll have to restart the game, for what is likely the sixth time. (referring to GT4, I don't mind nearly as much restarting GT3)

I still play mine and I JUST beat Mission 11 (3 Lap Battle New York)
Have you ever beaten mission..23...? the one with the Nissan Skylines on Test Course? That and 34 are the ones I can't beat. All of the other missions I managed to beat except those two

Back