Anyone still play this game

I do.

Been working on a PS3 gamesave for GT1 (PAL) with all golden licenses for awhile now.
Previously did that for GT2 (PAL) :D

MadMax

I haven't played it in years but I wish I had time to do it again. I'm too busy with other stuff as usual.

Yeah, I'll get back to it every now and then. Right now I'm busy with GT PSP though.

Can you tell me/us if the new PSP game is based on GT4 or GT5/P? I'm trying to read up on it online at various sites and the info I'm reading doesn't say which game it's based on. 800 cars suggests it's GT4, but that could be wrong.

Can you tell me/us if the new PSP game is based on GT4 or GT5/P? I'm trying to read up on it online at various sites and the info I'm reading doesn't say which game it's based on. 800 cars suggests it's GT4, but that could be wrong.

The physics model is much closer to GT5P than GT4. All of the car and track data, with the exception of Valencia (from Tourist Trophy) and newer cars like the ZR-1 and Furai, is from GT4.

All the night tracks, such as SSR5 and George V Paris, are gone. I was really mad about this, SSR5 is one of my favorites! :irked: Also whereas GT4's car roster changed depending on region, GT PSP's doesn't. So you'll have both Opels and Vauxhalls, for example. This means there are a ton of duplicates (there are three different versions of the Hyundai Tuscani/Tiburon/Coupe!). Aston Martins and "special cars" like the Nike One and Caterham Fireblade have been removed too.

I've played GT1 on pSX emulator sometimes, when I'm bored with Internet surfing.

I really wish to play GT2 also, but I only got the very first version of GT2 CDs, which is the one that charges 5,000cr for every car wash :ouch: (and some other bugs like game completion percentage and vanished garage cars :scared:).

Can somebody donate a better copy of GT2 for me :D?

The physics model is much closer to GT5P than GT4. All of the car and track data, with the exception of Valencia (from Tourist Trophy) and newer cars like the ZR-1 and Furai, is from GT4.

All the night tracks, such as SSR5 and George V Paris, are gone. I was really mad about this, SSR5 is one of my favorites! :irked: Also whereas GT4's car roster changed depending on region, GT PSP's doesn't. So you'll have both Opels and Vauxhalls, for example. This means there are a ton of duplicates (there are three different versions of the Hyundai Tuscani/Tiburon/Coupe!). Aston Martins and "special cars" like the Nike One and Caterham Fireblade have been removed too.

Ah...I see. I doubt I'll get GT PSP...I'm so used to playing on a full-size TV screen.

AtD94-[GT];3600320

I only have one copy :( otherwise I'd consider it.

I only have one copy :( otherwise I'd consider it.

I'm just kidding (I mean I'm just asking, I don't mind for that). But if you do want to give a copy, how you're gonna deliver it?;)

If you've got some cash to spare, I highly recommend GTPSP. This game is HIGHLY addictive; I haven't touched my PS3 for almost 3 weeks now because of it. You'll get used to the small size in no time at all 👍. The big plus with a portable GT is, of course, you can hotlap round The 'Ring ANYWHERE, ANYTIME :D.

If GT PSP 'REALLY HAVE' 800+ cars, your review's words will spread to my neighbors by me. I'll try collect all cars and then I'll show my garage and my driving skill to my friends, and that would be :cool:.

I just started playing GT2 again via psx... easy to drift in this game.. man the physics were so on point even back then.

Question for you psx guys... what video plugin do you use? I either get very good quality with bad frame rates or not so good quality with fast performance. I have been tweaking them all... Doesn't seem to work well on my new laptop.

Yup, count me in. I still play GT1 and GT2 from time to time. (although not on a PS3 because I don't own one)

AtD94-[GT];3604139
I'm just kidding (I mean I'm just asking, I don't mind for that). But if you do want to give a copy, how you're gonna deliver it?;)

Well I wouldn't, but FedEx or some other delivery service would. 💡 I've sent memory cards and vice versa to other members of this site. I'd do it if I had an extra game because I'm trying to get rid of some stuff.

AtD94-[GT];3600320
I've played GT1 on pSX emulator sometimes, when I'm bored with Internet surfing.

I really wish to play GT2 also, but I only got the very first version of GT2 CDs, which is the one that charges 5,000cr for every car wash :ouch: (and some other bugs like game completion percentage and vanished garage cars :scared:).

Amazon.com has GT1 & 2 for sale used from .01 and .48 and up. Add the shipping and you get get both for under $10.00. How much cheaper do you want? :confused: I'd check other places but I already spent my hard earned bucks for the games. And I don't think you can get it for a farthing. :lol:

Last edited:
After a few years in the GT wilderness (not played since GT4) I saw GT was out for the PSP so I went and bought a PSP. Totally hooked again! Anyway I then found out I could play the PSX GT's on my PSP! It was like I had just stepped back into the last millenium. In my opinion the first GT is still the best.

AtD94-[GT];3604139
If GT PSP 'REALLY HAVE' 800+ cars, your review's words will spread to my neighbors by me. I'll try collect all cars and then I'll show my garage and my driving skill to my friends, and that would be :cool:.

It does technically have 830 cars, but some of them are exact repeated models with different names :indiff:. For example, each Opel have a duplicate in the form of Vauxhalls, an so on. There are still a LOT of unique models though, so it's worth it 👍.

They do, so in this case it's a bit forgivable :lol:. But some other duplicates are exactly the same, in and out. I wonder why PD didn't just put slashes in their names (Clio/Lutecia, Tiburon/Coupe, etc) and explain which names is used in which countries in the 'Catalogue' section.

Yup. Reading the car info screens was definitely one of my favourite past times when I'm bored with the racing in GT. I have a feeling they'll take it to the next level in GT5, judging by the 'Museum' feature in GT5P. I hope they'll add photos (maybe vids? :drool:) for each car, as well as the usual text.

I still do play the first GT1. I have freshly finished a "remastered" version of my License B Gold-Run. I am thinking to make some kind of a music video for GT1 fans :)

Just dug out an old copy of gt1 today. Aaah brings back the 90's, haven't played this one for YEARS! Wow, it takes your eyes some adjusting but it definetly reminds me why it was so advanced for it's time. Just need to find a ps1 mem card now(e-bay for a buck I think), already have the adapter. Too bad you can't get the throttle and brake analogue adjustable.

Last edited:
Too bad you can't get the throttle and brake analogue adjustable.

Yes you can get them adjustable. You'll need a dual-shock controller tho, and you'll need to go into the OPTIONS mode and change your controller settings from X/[] to the right or left mushroom stick.

Back