Anyone still play this game

Only got a sixaxis at the moment. Can I use a dual-shock 3 or does it have to be the original one(1 or 2)?

edit: Don't know why I thought I needed ps1 card for this, just created an internal (dunce) ; 0

Last edited:
I started playing again recently and also bought a copy of GT2 because of it... still a good game, but took a different approach this time, rather than buying a prelude, I bought a RX7.

I don't have GT1.. but if it counts.. I'm currently re-playing GT2... I just wished they released both GT1 and GT2 in the PlayStation store to download....

I still play it ocassionaly. It's gotta be said that in my mind, nothing beats the original Gran Turismo. However, the others are still great. That is all the way up to Gran Turismo 4, which is great...when it can actually be bothered to work...which is rarely! Still, this isn't the place to talk about that.

Same here...playing it at the moment actually. Must be in the region of 500 hours all told...current playthrough sitting at 219 hours. I do so love this game. Only GT4 beats in out of the GT series.

How do you count the hours?

I once started a game and got all licenses (not gold) and won each trophy at least once in 24 hours.

I did over one particular period, race every model of used car in hard-tuned and race-mod form in an appropriate series. That could be about 140 to 280 hours I guess.

And gold licenses could take all available playing time for a couple of weeks in some cases.

But I never did count real time taken in any way. It's perhaps a wise thing to do. Figure out just how much time your are occupying in this pursuit.

^I think he just keeps very detailed notes for every playtime, or he's just guesstimating. As for me, I reckon I've spent way over 1000 hours playing GT1 & GT2.

I just found the copy I bought a while back, and now that I have a way to save, I'm going for a campaign clear!

But first, I'll get my licenses.

I love going back to GT1 and GT2! It's always fun to play with those simple PS1 graphics for a few hours, and then quickly switch over to GT5P. It makes the PS3 graphics look 10 times better!

I love going back to GT1 and GT2! It's always fun to play with those simple PS1 graphics for a few hours, and then quickly switch over to GT5P. It makes the PS3 graphics look 10 times better!

YEa. This goes for driving physics as well. 👍 Some cars (like the FC generation RX-7) appear in every GT game to date: GT1, GT2, GT3, GT4, and (likely) GT5. You can compare the same car from game to game, which is always a blast. :)

I've recently re-bought both this and GT2. Seeing the intro to GT for the first time in about 10 years gave me goosebumps.

It's still awesome.

Parnelli, you're a thorough GT-head, and you're a legend here at GTP. Your GT car reviews (those who have no idea what I'm talking about should visit www.gtcarreviews.com) are sooooo much fun to read, I reckon PD should feature a car in GT of your choice!

👍

Recently I've been taken by doing the same thing you do in terms of testing cars through various instalments of the game and seeing what differences there are in the phsyics engine. One of the things that really bothers me is the fact that there are some cars that are BEGGING to be run up against each other, but because of differences in physics engines, can't really be compared.

Lemme ask you, being something of a formula-master (I've read about your ingenious calculations on power-to-weight ratios and competition formulas), have you worked out what an average difference in lap time is between GT games?

The FC RX-7 for example, is a car that features in GT1, 2, 3 and 4. So is the Nissan Skyline R33 GTR and many other cars.

My question to you is this. The Aston Martin DB6 featured in GT2 is widely considered to be the rival to the Jaguar E-Type. As both cars are featured in different games, based on the lap times of other cars, is there a formula that can be worked out to calculate what a DB6 lap time would be if it was featured in GT4?

And could such a formula be applied to say... 1995 ZR-1 in GT2 against the 1990 ZR-1 featured in GT4?

Parnelli, you're a thorough GT-head, and you're a legend here at GTP. Your GT car reviews (those who have no idea what I'm talking about should visit www.gtcarreviews.com) are sooooo much fun to read, I reckon PD should feature a car in GT of your choice!

Thanks man! 👍 :D I'm expecting to get some sort of recognition from either PD or Sony someday. Probably a cease & desist order of some sort! :guilty:

Recently I've been taken by doing the same thing you do in terms of testing cars through various instalments of the game and seeing what differences there are in the phsyics engine. One of the things that really bothers me is the fact that there are some cars that are BEGGING to be run up against each other, but because of differences in physics engines, can't really be compared.

Lemme ask you, being something of a formula-master (I've read about your ingenious calculations on power-to-weight ratios and competition formulas), have you worked out what an average difference in lap time is between GT games?

Funny thing is I rarely pay attention to lap times, unless I'm doing an endurance or something. But yea, I don't pay attention to speed or lap times as much as I should. Plenty of others around here already do this, but not really from game to game. I guess it depends on the situation.
The FC RX-7 for example, is a car that features in GT1, 2, 3 and 4. So is the Nissan Skyline R33 GTR and many other cars.

My question to you is this. The Aston Martin DB6 featured in GT2 is widely considered to be the rival to the Jaguar E-Type. As both cars are featured in different games, based on the lap times of other cars, is there a formula that can be worked out to calculate what a DB6 lap time would be if it was featured in GT4?

And could such a formula be applied to say... 1995 ZR-1 in GT2 against the 1990 ZR-1 featured in GT4?

Man, that's a toughie. The DB6 as portrayed in GT2 is actually very difficult to drive, from what I remember it's very fishtaily and oversteery. It's not nearly as smooth as the E-type in GT4. Assuming the DB6 made an appearance in GT4, we'd have to add more understeer to the fishtailyness. But I have no idea what sort of lap times it would make, theoretically. Worse than the E-type. That's the best answer I could give. :crazy:

The ZR-1s? Yea, that could be worked out between GT2 and 4. It would take a bit of time, though, to get it right. 💡

Last edited:
I play it occasionally, but the rather screwy physics, the lack of any astoundingly easy way to get money and the limited tuning potential makes me play GT2 quite a bit more.

Last edited:
In general a hard-tuned car will earn the cost of its tuning in a single Hard-Tuned Series. Sure, you can't make a lot of money, but there's not a lot to spend it on either. 6 special models costing only Cr500,000 each.

Back