Anyone still playing Gt1?

• Thread starter luke4hay
  • 36 comments
luke4hay
Just started again last night to pass the time while my bobs run in GT5. Forgot how awesome this game was. Was wondering if anyone else still plays a lot?

I play it for two years, dedicate it my every free moment. Now I try to discover some special cars, like Toyota Corona Exiv 200GT or Mitsubishi Eclipse GT.

I didn't play GT1 for quite a while until I decided to fire it up yesterday. Have to say it's quite the challenge to drive when you're used to GT4 and GT5 like I am.

After 15 years it is still fun to play. Especially on my favourite track SSR11 with the Soundtrack enabled. I could do hunderts of laps and still wouldn't get bored of it. :)

GTRufus
After 15 years it is still fun to play. Especially on my favourite track SSR11 with the Soundtrack enabled. I could do hunderts of laps and still wouldn't get bored of it. :)

That's the one track I wish they would include. By far my favorite. Other tracks from gt2 would be nice too. I'm looking forward to racing round that chicane soon.

I think GT1 is probably the best game in the series for the fun factor. It may be silly considering what has come after it, but I guess I see it like this, the game was so fun that I wasn't missing stuff like Ferrari and Lamborghini or real tracks. In fact, I think those tracks are more fun than just about any real track I have driven in a game (with Bathurst being the closet).

Whereas by GT2 little complaints happened (where the hell is Special Stage Route 11?, what the hell is with all the bugs?). Then GT3, Special Stage 11 is back! Oh great they took out that mad chicane from the middle of the track...where is Racing Modifications?

Anyway to stay with the thread, I am still playing this now and then and will probably start over again, I have had all Golds on B and IA licenses but for some reason never got A.

Oh, yeah! In fact, I just beat Grand Valley 300km for my first time, today. You have NO IDEA how good I felt when I got that bad:censored: black Castrol Supra!

Yes, one 300 km seemed like an achievement worth going for, and felt good afterwards. Mad numbers of long races, up to 24 hours long, is for just the sick and demented. Like me.

I started a new game last week and have been playing nonstop! Getting ready to fire up GT2 soon, feel the leap from GT. It's amazing how it is still so entertaining, Grid/NFS didn't keep my attention at all. Glad I can always rely on my classics like Gran Turismo

I just ordered a used PAL/NTSC PS1 here in Germany, to play again..I always kept my Japanese GT1 and Mem-Card, when I was selling games.. :)

Can`t wait..

I've started this again this week and its... Well, it's not great.

I'm not going to do anything daft like comparing it to 3 / 4 / 5 but I just don't tank it's as good as I remember. I don't know if future iterations have spoiled me, but the distinct lack of competitions is a bit disappointing, the physics seem a bit all over the place at times - the way cars bounce about in corners is especially jarring, the complete absence of anything approaching ai is very annoying and the difficulty means that you are stuck grinding the same one or two races series repeatedly when you start out.

These are all accusations levelled at every gt game, but they seem especially bad in this first outing. I've had maybe 10 hours play over the last 5 days or so and I'm thinking of moving to gt2 already.

I just had to order a Scart-Connection-Cable to play at least. Now I`m just a little confused, caused of black and white-playing, I`ve to do. Maybe ist`s not a real Scart-Connection.

Never the less, it just felt good to play. The last laprecord saved was in `04 ^^

The one before is from `98 ^^

Man..Quite a long time.

It´s abit tricky to get used to tap-in corners and throttle, but it`s getting better..

GT1 was the best racing game back in the days.

My first drive was the R32 GTR Nismo yesterday evening.

The game-intro is awesome !

Still..I LOVE IT !!

I definitely play every so often, although not as much as Gran Turismo 2. It's still fun, but for the most part, it's for the nostalgia.

I begun playing it again recently after a small break. Decided to give some of the other not-so-well-known cars a shot. And by the time I'm writing this I just narrowly won the Normal Championship with an Eclipse GT against the NSX - it was quite a fight, but in the end I still managed three victories, three pole-positions and two second places - I'm happy.

I just rigged up the PS1 again with GT1, I love to get back to the era where a challenge was a proper challenge, and you have to do the right choices to really win.

Yup. Not planning on playing it a lot, but I did finish completing all the license tests today. :D

I picked up a PS1 for $12, bought a SCART cable from retrogames on ebay and a SCART to HDMI adapter and played the heck out of for the last couple days in 1080p! Looks phenomenal. It's like having it on the PS3 via HDMI but no interlacing artifacts. I'm playing all my ps1 stuff but the first I played was GT1 in HIFI mode.

It was really twitchy at first but I love how you can do trail braking, modulate the throttle (throttle steer) and how, if you want to carry good speed, you gently balance the car under braking as you approach corner 1 in Grand Valley (SS R11 also) to keep from spinning out. Also love trying to beat the NSX in the Normal Car challenge with the camaro and other slower cars. So far ahead of its time, awesome!

Some cars can lurch outwards at the first turn at Grand Valley if you go into it wrong.

I started a new game this year.

I just got back to playing GT and GT2 again now that I have got them on my PSP :D (don't ask me how cause I won't tell you). This also has got my six year old son playing them too although he hasn't figured out how to brake very well yet :lol:

Latest Posts

Back