April Alpinestars DLC pack

• Thread starter sega freak
  • 148 comments
Wanna thank whomever it was that left me that little message in the title update post on the News page, but I kind of... how can I put this lightly?

I fell asleep! :lol: It's up now though, this is up.

Holy Crap, a Cadillac that isn't a CTS-V. I'm surprised T10 can do that. But, in all seriousness, a another good bunch of cars. I suspect a lot of cool paint schemes with the SLS GT3.

"Gotta Drive That" Tier :) 👍
1985 Mazda RX-7 GSL-SE
1972 Mercedes-Benz 300 SEL 6.3
1995 BMW M5

OK Tier
1959 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz Convertible
1997 Volvo 850 R

Meh Tier
2011 Aston Martin #009 Aston Martin Racing AMR One
2011 Mercedes-Benz #35 Black Falcon SLS AMG GT3
2011 Maserati Quattroporte Sport GT S
2012 Jaguar XKR-S
2012 Scion tC

I'm really happy about the RX-7, and the E34 is my second favorite 5er after the E28. :)

Yaaaay! Finally all the the Rx7 generations are represented, I don't think any other games does that. In fact I'm, quite sure. :D

Off the top of my head, there's only Enthusia and the Tokyo Xtreme Racer series (TXR Zero, TXR3, TXR Drift 2). The SA often gets left out.

Hardon:
1985 Mazda RX-7 GSL-SE - I've been dying for the original RX-7, and they even chose the specific model I wanted, the '85 GSL-SE. A friend of mine bought one new back in '85, and it was a great car.

1972 Mercedes-Benz 300 SEL 6.3 - Remember the '64 Pontiac Tempest LeMans GTO? Allegedly the first muscle car, because it used a large V8 in a mid-size chassis. That's what this is. A muscle car.

1959 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz Convertible - I don't care that this is going to be a miserable race car. It's going to be too much fun floating around Positano, the Bernese Alps, Camino Viejo and Fujimi Kaido.

1997 Volvo 850 R - Wagons are awesome. Volvo wagons are awesomer. R series Volvo wagons are awesomest.

Stiffening:
2011 Aston Martin #009 Aston Martin Racing AMR One - A good looking race car. Should be interesting.

2011 Mercedes-Benz #35 Black Falcon SLS AMG GT3 - A good looking race car. Should be interesting.

2011 Maserati Quattroporte Sport GT S - A very nice sedan. I'm looking forward to it.

2012 Jaguar XKR-S - Kinda "boy racer" looking, but it should be fun to drive.

1995 BMW M5 - Kind of a dull looking lump, but it should go alright.

Limp:
2012 Scion tC - Not much to say. I'm sure it's a great daily driver.

November didn't have an Alfa :P

The Muscle Car Pack didn't, but there was a DLC Alfa available via pre-order bonus, which is now available to everyone, so...There technically was a DLC Alfa in November.

Most DLC Cars:

1. Ford - 7
2. Chevy - 5
3. Alfa Romeo - 5
4. Dodge - 5
5. Audi - 3
6. BMW - 3
7. Honda - 3
8. Maserati - 3
9. Pontiac - 3

There are a few with 2 and a bunch with 1. But...Including the Launch Bonus Pack, 70 cars have been added. Out of those 70, 37 have gone to one of these nine manufacturers. That's 53%. And if you add in the 6 from Koineggseg, Aston Martin and VW, who've each gotten two DLC cars, that makes 61% of all DLC cars have gone to manufacturers that have already received a DLC car.

As for my opinions:

1985 Mazda RX-7 GSL-SE - meh. Rotaries are kinda cool, but I think I've gotten enough of them from Gran Turismo.

1972 Mercedes-Benz 300 SEL 6.3 - I've seen this car a lot around town, so it'll be a fun car to put stickers on and do lemon races with.

1959 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz Convertible - A caddy that's not a CTS-V is always welcome. I got irritated in FM3 when, by the end, there were 4 or 5 CTS-V's including the race cars, which is boring. So, an old classic Caddy is a sight for sore eyes.

1997 Volvo 850 R - T10 is finally putting wagons into these games. And finally one that'll actually be competitive without an engine swap. The 850 R is a Touring Car Champ and I expect to see a lot of replica paint schemes with this one.

2011 Aston Martin #009 Aston Martin Racing AMR One - Aston's new LMP1 car. Should be fun to paint.

2011 Mercedes-Benz #35 Black Falcon SLS AMG GT3 - Another fun one to paint, and all we need is the McLaren MP4-12C GT3 and we have all the GT3 cars, I believe.

2011 Maserati Quattroporte Sport GT S - Maseratis are always fun.

2012 Jaguar XKR-S - Jags are always fun, too.

1995 BMW M5 - Meh. I'm not a big BMW fan.

2012 Scion tC - Well, I suspect we can blame this one on Tanner Foust. So, make this thing into a drifter, 'cause it's all it's good for.

The Muscle Car Pack didn't, but there was a DLC Alfa available via pre-order bonus, which is now available to everyone, so...There technically was a DLC Alfa in November

But the pre-order & Muscle cars were october/release DLC, November is the first DLC as part of the Season Pass, which didn't have any Alfas :dopey:

Anyway, thats a such a minor thing. I'm just glad we finally have some new Mercs.

From official forza site:

1997 Volvo 850 R
The terms “sport” and “wagon” rarely come together, but Volvo has been building some of the safest and most exciting sportwagons for years. With a turbo-powered 5-cylinder engine making 240 horsepower and rear-wheel drive, you might forget you’re in a wagon pretty quickly, until you remember you might be hauling the kids and family dog with you. The 850 R will hit 155 mph flat out and fares pretty well in the corners. It’s no lightweight, though, so copious braking is recommended. In all, if you have to drive a wagon but still desire performance the 850 R has got you covered.

Its FWD as standard right?
Certainly my little bros was, as i remember it torque steering really really badly when he hammered it...

2011 Mercedes-Benz #35 Black Falcon SLS AMG GT3 - Another fun one to paint, and all we need is the McLaren MP4-12C GT3 and we have all the GT3 cars, I believe.

We still need the 911 GT3 R, The Gallardo RG600/LP560 GT3, the Ascari KZ1-R, the Ford GT-3, the Mustang GT3, the Camaro GT3, 458 GT3, Corvette Z06R, Aston DBRS9/V12 Vantage GT3, Morgan Supersports GT3, as well as the McLaren and some others I probably can't think of.

2011 Mercedes-Benz #35 Black Falcon SLS AMG GT3: Nice! Very nice indeed. The SLS is, along with the Porsche GT3 RSR, my favourite car that's currently running in the GT3 class.

I'm guessing you mean the GT3 RSR is your favourite GT2 car, unless there's a new one in GT3 that I haven't heard about.

Maserati hasnt changed their designs in forever, that car dosent look like a 2011, I thought it was a 98 or something

Yeah, just wait until Porsche comes and the 2000 911 and the 2012 911 are exactly the same car. Seriously, they really don't change much to the 911. I guess they just figure it's a formula that works and so they're just gonna keep releasing it.

From official forza site:

1997 Volvo 850 R
The terms “sport” and “wagon” rarely come together, but Volvo has been building some of the safest and most exciting sportwagons for years. With a turbo-powered 5-cylinder engine making 240 horsepower and rear-wheel drive, you might forget you’re in a wagon pretty quickly, until you remember you might be hauling the kids and family dog with you. The 850 R will hit 155 mph flat out and fares pretty well in the corners. It’s no lightweight, though, so copious braking is recommended. In all, if you have to drive a wagon but still desire performance the 850 R has got you covered.

Its FWD as standard right?
Certainly my little bros was, as i remember it torque steering really really badly when he hammered it...

According to Wiki, the 850 only came in FF and FAWD versions. However, The R might have been an RWD, I don't know. The R was the version used for racing, so the street version might have been converted to RWD. Or, the model T10 used might have been an RWD version...or the made a typo.

I'm hoping it's a typo or else all appeal of the car has gone for me if it isn't FWD.

Seeing a car like the Cadillac put in just makes me wonder even more if it's with one eye on Forza Horizon, either as license sharing or a full-on game save import.

Hopefully you can turn the RX7 into this.

MazdaRX7_GroupB__jpg300.jpg

Back