April Alpinestars DLC pack

• Thread starter sega freak
  • 148 comments
Are you sure? Last i remember, the scion in game couldnt be converted.

If this was FM3, sure. In FM4, you can't use the Toyota drivetrains on a Scion, so there's no RWD swap for that brand.

O rly? Guess I didn't know that the swaps coincided with other vehicles in the brand, I just thought that they were offered for all FWD cars. Well, there goes me having all RWD cars! :grumpy:

2011 Aston Martin #009 Aston Martin Racing AMR One: Meh, another superfast race car.
2011 Mercedes-Benz #35 Black Falcon SLS AMG GT3: Yummy.
1959 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz Convertible: Looking forward to flinging this around, and maybe tuning it... :mischievous:
2011 Maserati Quattroporte Sport GT S: Another Quattroporte...
1972 Mercedes-Benz 300 SEL 6.3: Wow. Just wow.
1985 Mazda RX-7 GSL-SE: OK, not my dream car though.
2012 Jaguar XKR-S: The fastest Jag you can currently buy, should be fun.
1997 Volvo 850 R: Touring Car Madness here I come! :lol:
1995 BMW M5: Finally all the M5's! Now we just need the F12/3 M6 and that'll be all the M-Cars!
2012 Scion tC: Yawn.

http://www.forzamotorsport.fr/news/...itures-du-forza-4-alpinestars-pack-81524.html

Voitures Classes Prix
2011 Aston Martin #009 Aston Martin Racing AMR One R1 976 2 500 000 CR
2011 Mercedes-Benz #35 Black Falcon SLS AMG GT3 R3 724 1 000 000 CR
1959 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz Convertible F 182 180 000 CR
2011 Maserati Quattroporte Sport GT S B 479 130 000 CR
2012 Jaguar XKR-S A 563 120 000 CR
1972 Mercedes-Benz 300 SEL 6.3 D 285 32 000 CR
2012 Scion tC D 302 16 000 CR
1995 BMW M5 C 417 14 000 CR
1985 Mazda RX-7 GSL-SE E 201 6 000 CR
1997 Volvo 850 R D 330 6 000 CR

:) Thanks T10 for “Red Sow” :)

14410416842046664337.jpg

forza-motorsport-4-mercedes-benz-300-sel-63-par-kirk-184149.jpg

forza-motorsport-4-mercedes-benz-300-sel-63-par-kirk-184151.jpg

forza-motorsport-4-mercedes-benz-300-sel-63-par-kirk-184150.jpg

more body kits

http://www.forzamotorsport.fr/news/...rosserie-de-april-alpinestars-pack-81531.html

Doubt there's any flares since they don't have any widebody kits or fender flare additions for any other vehicles.

:) Thanks T10 for “Red Sow” :)

14410416842046664337.jpg

Hopefully FM5 will introduce wide body kits and fender flares. They are giving us the tools to recreate these cars, now if only they would give us that last bit of modding to really give it the appearance it deserves.

I'm no tuning genius, but obviously having wide body kits would allow for a wider track pushing the wheels further out, hence giving the car better balance and handling. Is this a difficult thing for T10 to calculate or implement? I can understand visually its a lot of work adding wide body kits and fender flares for all the cars, but they can do it incrementally i suppose.

Turn 10 is feeling the torch from Facebook.... I swear our first amendment right is way over-rated. I wish congress would do away with it. Everyone has an opinion.... At least you guys are happy and positive about it

This is probably the least interesting pack for me, the two merc's are really the only ones that interest me.

Hopefully FM5 will introduce wide body kits and fender flares. They are giving us the tools to recreate these cars, now if only they would give us that last bit of modding to really give it the appearance it deserves.

I'm no tuning genius, but obviously having wide body kits would allow for a wider track pushing the wheels further out, hence giving the car better balance and handling. Is this a difficult thing for T10 to calculate or implement? I can understand visually its a lot of work adding wide body kits and fender flares for all the cars, but they can do it incrementally i suppose.
That's what I'm hoping for, as well. Flared fenders and whitebody kits not only allow for a wider track, they also enable wider tyres, increasing mechanical grip drastically.

They're generally used in motorsports a lot and recreating time attack cars is far from possible without that kind of body modification. Also, it looks quite good on a lot of cars... And I'm fairly certain that, if Slightly Mad Studios were able to pull it off with Shift 2, it should be possible for T10 as well.

That's what I'm hoping for, as well. Flared fenders and whitebody kits not only allow for a wider track, they also enable wider tyres, increasing mechanical grip drastically.

They're generally used in motorsports a lot and recreating time attack cars is far from possible without that kind of body modification. Also, it looks quite good on a lot of cars... And I'm fairly certain that, if Slightly Mad Studios were able to pull it off with Shift 2, it should be possible for T10 as well.

I would like to see air/fuel ratio as apart for detail tuning. This would separate the good from the GREAT. Hell... I would go as far as giving us a dyno tune shop that will provide us better detail numbers. This can benefit drag racers and circuit racers. Just a thought

With the exception of the SLS GT3, Quattroporte and XKR, it's another "meh" car pack. I've been disappointed with the DLC so far and I'm glad I didn't buy the season pass (especially as the first few packs have had a price drop).

The SLS GT3 looks great though and I wish there were more GT3 and GT1 race cars in this game (matched so they can race one another). That's really what I'm interested in.

I think I'll give the Porsche pack a miss too because without some new tracks to race I can't see myself playing this game much longer.

The kit for the Merc is just so cool. I wish more cars had spotlight add-ons, even if they were just covered.

I've seen the Merc with grey and black centre caps now on the wheels, hopefully it changes with the car's colour. Red caps on a black car would look hot.

flo
There has got to be more then 3:
-Audi RS3
-Audi R15++
-Audi S1 Quatro
-Audi RS5
-Audi R18

That makes 5 :mischievous: :lol:

Nevermind. My list was missing the November Speed Pack. I have corrected that mistake and the new high numbers are:

Ford - 8
Dodge - 6
Chevy - 6
Audi - 5
Alfa Romeo - 5
Aston Martin - 3
VW - 3
Honda - 3
Mazda - 3
Maserati - 3

This wraps up the Season Pass on a high note for me: the only cars I'm not that interested in driving are the Aston LMP and the Scion. I've been waiting for a first-gen RX-7 to show up in the current crop of racing games, and getting the Merc, Volvo, M5, and and Q-Porte only sweeten the deal. The others look primed to be added to the garage as well.

It's a bit disappointing my online won't be a sure thing for the next few weeks, really wouldn't mind blitzing the leaderboards with a bunch of these...

Had a quick look through, first thought was "Oh. Another BMW." But it's still a pretty decent pack especially with the two Mercedes.

With the exception of the SLS GT3, Quattroporte and XKR, it's another "meh" car pack. I've been disappointed with the DLC so far and I'm glad I didn't buy the season pass (especially as the first few packs have had a price drop).

The SLS GT3 looks great though and I wish there were more GT3 and GT1 race cars in this game (matched so they can race one another). That's really what I'm interested in.

I think I'll give the Porsche pack a miss too because without some new tracks to race I can't see myself playing this game much longer.

Then you are really interested in a very small number of cars.

Forza definitely caters for the more eclectic taste. Most of it has been to my taste, this one happens to have the most that are, though.

Then you are really interested in a very small number of cars.

Yes, that's probably true.

I'm mostly interested in purpose built race cars such as those from touring car series like the BTCC, WTCC and DTM, (the Audi A4 Touring and Merc C-Class Touring are my two favourite cars in Forza) and GT championships such as FIA GT1, GT3, ADAC Masters, etc.

I don't place much importance in massive car rosters and I don't have much interest in customising and racing road cars.

So yes, Forza doesn't really cater for someone like me. It's a good game but for me it's too casual-orientated. Nothing wrong with that, but I'm a PC gamer at heart so I'm probably better off sticking with the likes of GTR and rfactor.

I'm mostly interested in purpose built race cars such as those from touring car series like the BTCC, WTCC and DTM, (the Audi A4 Touring and Merc C-Class Touring are my two favourite cars in Forza) and GT championships such as FIA GT1, GT3, ADAC Masters, etc.

That's rather fascinating, since the cars you mention are the ones I have the least interest in. I don't consider myself a gamer at all. I only play Forza and Gran Turismo. Nothing else. I'm a car guy and have been all my life, so all those road cars are what I enjoy driving the most. It's obvious you enjoy auto racing. Do you consider yourself a gamer first and a car guy second? (There is no wrong answer, I'm just interested in hearing an opinion different from my own.)

So yes, Forza doesn't really cater for someone like me. It's a good game but for me it's too casual-orientated. Nothing wrong with that, but I'm a PC gamer at heart so I'm probably better off sticking with the likes of GTR and rfactor.
Forza is just a driving game with racing in it. You like racing games, like the ones you mentioned. :)

The whole point of the Gran-Turismo-clone genre is to offer street cars that anyone could own, with some expensive exotics and a small sample of racecars to spice things up. Racing around a track happens to be an easy thing to turn into a videogame, and it conveniently avoids the moral gray area streetracing games occupy.

I'm like Populuxe Cowboy in that my tastes are opposite of yours. I enjoy spirited driving on open roads more than racing around a track, and a car with enough flexibility and balance in its handling to throw it around however I like, instead of simply chasing ultimate grip and quicker laptimes. Which is why I've been playing more FUEL than FM4 lately.

That's rather fascinating, since the cars you mention are the ones I have the least interest in. I don't consider myself a gamer at all. I only play Forza and Gran Turismo. Nothing else. I'm a car guy and have been all my life, so all those road cars are what I enjoy driving the most. It's obvious you enjoy auto racing. Do you consider yourself a gamer first and a car guy second? (There is no wrong answer, I'm just interested in hearing an opinion different from my own.)

I don't see how a preference for race cars equates to being more of a gamer than a car person? I'm very much a car person and a gamer, but I love my racing simulations and I love watching motorsport, so it's a case of mixing the two. The cars I see on TV or at the track are what I want to virtually race, not the cars I see on the road.

That's the beauty of games like Forza and GT5 I suppose. Even though we have vastly different tastes, there's always something on the car roster that appeals to each of us. I have no interest in American muscle cars past or present but love race cars like those from the DTM or ALMS. You're probably the opposite.

Now if Forza had the Shift 2 style of upgrades where by each car can be given a works race conversion with wide body kits and racing cockpits....then that's a different story. :)

Woop, won a code tonight. Thankfully luck is on my side when it comes to the giveaways. I've pretty much had my own free season pass + early content. One of the many reasons Turn 10 and Forza are the ****. :)

This pack pack gets an 8/10 from me!

Some nice rydz in there.

Sure hope the little 2.0L engine in the AMR-ONE sounds as sweet as it does IRL.

I don't see how a preference for race cars equates to being more of a gamer than a car person? I'm very much a car person and a gamer, but I love my racing simulations and I love watching motorsport, so it's a case of mixing the two. The cars I see on TV or at the track are what I want to virtually race, not the cars I see on the road.
Sorry, I didn't mean to imply that. But I do see where you're coming from.

That's the beauty of games like Forza and GT5 I suppose. Even though we have vastly different tastes, there's always something on the car roster that appeals to each of us. I have no interest in American muscle cars past or present but love race cars like those from the DTM or ALMS. You're probably the opposite.
You're right about that. I enjoy American muscle cars much more than DTM or ALMS race cars (even though I love both race series.) So having a game like Forza or GT with such a wide variety of cars is great. We will all find something we enjoy driving/racing in the game.

Back