April Car of the Month - The Little Engine That Could (No Fooling)

Garage Limit MAZDA AutoZam AZ-1 '92
HOT VERSION TOUGE 200 Showdown 100PS and 400PP Version

Tuned to replicate Garage Limit AZ-1
Comfort Medium to Comfort Soft

CAR : Mazda Autozam AZ-1 '92
Tire : Comfort Medium to Comfort Soft

Specs 100PS
Horsepower: 99 HP / 100 PS at 7100 RPM
Torque: 81.9 ft-lb at 5100 RPM
Power Limiter at : 97.7%
Weight: 720 kg
Ballast : 36 kg
Ballast Position : 43 or OPTIONAL 20
Weight Distribution : 44 / 56 - as in real life
Performance Points: 373

Specs 400PP
Horsepower: 123 HP / 125 PS at 7100 RPM
Torque: 100.7 ft-lb at 5200 RPM
Power Limiter at : 96.4%
Weight: 720 kg
Ballast : 36 kg
Ballast Position : 43 or OPTIONAL 20
Weight Distribution : 44 / 56 - as in real life
Performance Points: 400

GT AUTO
NO Oil change
Improve Body Rigidity ( NOT INSTALLED ) - OPTIONAL
Rear Wing Special Wing Type A
Wheels : +1 Inch Up ENKEI ES Tarmac in White Solid
Car Paint : Super Red V / any Solid Red

Tuning Parts Installed :
Engine Tuning Stage 1 - ONLY FOR 400PP
Sports Computer
Semi Racing Exhaust
Isometric Exhaust Manifold
Catalytic Converter Sports
Intake Tuning - ONLY FOR 400PP
High RPM Range Turbo Kit
Adjustable LSD
Fully Customizable Suspension
Weight Reduction Stage 1

Suspension - TOTAL Tune Works Damper
Visual Ride Height

Front, Rear

Ride Height: 84 84
Spring Rate: 5.05 3.37
Dampers (Compression): 8 10
Dampers (Extension): 8 6
Anti-Roll Bars: 5 6
Camber Angle: 1.5 1.0
Toe Angle: -0.05 0.10

LSD MAZDASPEED 1.5 Way High Lock LSD
TRACK/TOUGE

Initial Torque : 32
Acceleration Sensitiviy: 48
Braking Sensitivity: 12

Aero
REAR = 20 ( MAX )

Brake Balance:
7/8 ( personal BB) or for ABS 0 wheel : 5/6, for ABS 1 - feel free to use your preferred brake balance.

Recommended setting for DS3 user :

Steering sensitivity at +1 or +2, all aids off, except ABS 1 ( if not comfortable with ABS 0 ) with 5/6 brake balance as starting point.

Notes :

The Garage Limit tuning company built this car and was an entry for Hot Version TOuge 200 Showdown. The car only had 100PS with simple modifications like Suzuki Sports ECU and N2 Turbine as well as Regalist K Exhaust System. The weight tips the scale at 720kg, real life spec distribution at 44/56 used in this build. I chose to place the ballast closer to 57% at the rear when I build the car to give sharper rotation. I also included optional ballast position at 20 for closer to 44.0/56.0 distribution and should give much more controllable rotation. I also provided a higher power spec at 400PP for racing, it's not quick with stock gear ratio, but still fun to drive.

Suspension of the real car uses Total Tune Works Damper with 6k/4k springs. But the spring rate is not possible in GT6, thus I have to use the highest possible while keeping the ratio. The damper and ARB has been tuned to give similar handling to the real car based on the the judges review ( Keiichi Tsuchiya, Manabu Orido and Nobuteru Taniguchi ) The replica will have sharp handling, quick turn in, nervous rear end with the car likely to jump on bumpy roads, but I also kept the car stable enough to be driven hard at the track. Body Rigidity is optional, if the car needs more stability, feel free to install it. The real car has chassis brace and thick strut braces.

Gear ratio is correct and the real car uses stock transmission and final. LSD uses MazdaSpeed, I tuned the LSD with high lock in 1.5 way.

The Garage Limit AZ-1 was tuned and tested at Tsukuba and GT Arena. At Tsukuba with 400P, it was capable of 1:13s on CM tire.

Some review from the Touge 200 Hot Version video :D

"But I have to say that this car requires skills to drive fast" - Garage Limit Kazunori Aoyagi word of warning.

"Whoa, it reacts so quickly" ; "scary" ; "Good response is one thing, but this is scary" - Keiichi Tsuchiya, he gave 40 points.

"**** ! The rear's about to break out any second !" - Nobuteru Taniguchi, he gave 50 points.

"I'm barely moving my the steering wheel but the car turns." ; "Actually, if I steer harder, I'll probably lose control." ; "But it's fast for sure, I wouldn't mind having one in my garage." - Manabu Orido, he gave 95 points. Orido-san said the car is scary but he thinks it would be a good practice car.

@Motor City Hami
Volkswagen Sambabus Typ 2 (T1) '62 Review
stoned-smiley.gif

I hesitated a bit between Herbie (Beetle) & Smokey (Sambabus), but since @cbarbosa had already done a good review of Herbie 👍, I thought it would be only fair that someone takes Smokey on the magic bus trail .
weed-light-effects-smiley-emoticon.gif

First stop....
Nat. A - 500PP Clubman Cup: Race 3 - Mount Panorama
600PP Limit, SS or less,
Settings: ABS1 - CS - all other aids off.

It took a few braking zones to get the feel for this, had great speed for a bus, felt it was powered by more than gas :D. I was sure of victory just passing all those wannabees while looking DOWN at them, a slight problem occurred on the long downhill straight going home, 3 of them caught up to me :eek:, bounced me around like a pinball :mad:, went into the grass and managed to come back on the track but the damage was done and I finished second :grumpy:.

The word deceitful comes to my mind after doing this race, it gives you a sense of having tremendous grip and in the time of a nano second it leaves you out there on the road with only your driving skills, terrifying :scared:. In the slalom section going down you can feel the body just pushing you out on every turn, does make the experience more fun though 👍, it is a bus after all :lol:. I like the way it handled on curves in general just couldn’t find the rhythm for the downhill part.

Needed an other challenge so the next stop was....
passing-joint-smiley-emoticon.gif

Int.B - Tour Of Europe : Ascari
540PP Limit, SS or less,
Settings: ABS1 - CS - all other aids off.

I was thinking of putting abs/0 on
hookah.gif
but with the race brakes it seemed I would be asking for trouble
sleazy-smiley-emoticon.gif
, so I dropped the idea.

The main thing to do with this bus is to not have any body weight transfer into the curves. If you keep it clean on entry you’ll be doing alright, but last second braking to pass someone can be catastrophic :ouch:.

On a totally different note, I have never been hit :grumpy:, tagged :mad:, bumped as much by AI drivers as I have been using this vehicle, must be some kind of hate for bus drivers
road-rage.gif
. Had some good fun with this Hippie Van :bowdown:, the green color even gave it a scent of something familiar. Oh, almost forgot, I won that one by 0.412, nice to see you came out to play with these so often forgotten gems. :cheers:

VW 1200 '66 Beetlejuice

My contribution to this small engine screamers:

tsukuba-circuit-jpg.344471

VolksWagen "Beetlejuice" 1200 '66
450pp​

Tuned for version 1.18
Body Rigidity Improvement Installed
Suspension (Full Custom)
Ride Height (mm): 122 / 122
Spring Rate (kgf/mm): 2.29 / 3.88
Dampers (Compression): 6 / 6
Dampers (Extension): 7 / 7
Anti-Roll Bars: 7 / 7
Camber Angle (-): 0.5 / 0.9
Toe Angle: +0.02 / +0.06

Brake Balance Controller
Racing Brakes
Brake Balance: 0 / 0 (or some high standard)

Drivetrain
Initial Torque: 9
Acceleration Sensitivity: 59
Braking Sensitivity: 53
Triple-Plate Clutch

Power for 180BHP/291Nm/450pp
Limiter - 100%
Engine Tuning - Stage 3
Computer - Sports
Exhaust - Racing Exhaust
Exhaust Manifold - Isometric Exhaust Manifold
Catalytic Converter - Sports
Intake - Tuning
Turbo Kit - High

Gearbox (Full Custom)
First Reset then set Final Gear to 4.430, then Max Speed slider to 240km/h, then gears, then rise Final to 4.530.

Max Speed 240 km/h
#1___2.100
#2___1.287
#3___0.932
#4___0.721
#5___0.570

Body weight 765kg
Weight Reduction - Stage 0
Bonnet - Carbon (Body Color)
Windows - Weight Reduction
Ballast weight - 0kg
Ballast position - 0

Herbie be afraid here comes Beetlejuice!
As usual obeying original weight distribution, giving car some personality, personality of shorthanded sledgehammer if trying to rip too much out of it, but on smooth hands this runs Tsukuba online low 1:10 and offline low 1:09 NoABS. Nordschleife goes 8:47. Times are on Comfort Medium, as whole tune is for Comfort Mediums too.
Gearbox is not totally done, it tops 216km/h on flat and more on downhill or draft, bit tweaking and it's unbeatable against other Beetles. There is still bit juice left if need to rise bit high speed, adjust 5th gear bit longer.

Go and push it, find how far you can push it before it cut your hands.

@Ridox2JZGTE
Mazda Autozam AZ-1 '92 review

I was going to do a review of the Vitz but then I watched the video :cool: of this one and decided to go for it. I was trying to think of a track that would be similiar to the one in the video, the Nurb would have been good but much too long, Deep Forest and Trial Mountain looked good so I went to look for a race to enter it in.

National A - MR Challenge: Trial Mountain Circuit
500PP Limit - SH or less.
AZ-1 = 373PP / CM / ABS0 /

I was never in the race with the GT40, P400, Zonda, Esprit, and a couple of NSX’s, maybe the 400PP version on SH would have made it. There were a couple of old NSX that stayed back to encourage me to push on forward, they were even quite graceful in letting me pass them so as not too finish last, finally finished 8th of 10.

With such a small wheel base and a very high front spring load the car is a little surprising :D, it can be lost quite easily but once you get the hang of it, you can power slide most of the curves but there will always be some steering adjustments as it glances over every little cranny on the road. I used your BB settings :crazy: and had no problems with that.

National B - 5 Minute Races: Autumn Ring Mini
AZ-1 = 373PP / CS / ABS0 /

Went with the CS for this one, the CM seem more realistic for the handling but the CS give you closer to the speed you’re expecting. Much tamer for turn ins and outs, lost some of that edge it’s supposed to have, My biggest disgruntle with this car was the engine sound, I put my headphones on, cabin view, and the pitch is much higher than in the video, I understand about matching the engine specs, I just don’t like high pitch squeals.

The car handles pretty close to what I saw in the video but it seemed that I was a bit slower, this could also be due to me having driven some 600PP cars just before. Just in case you were wondering it finished first this time, do you know how it finished on that competition it was on the video? Nice one to drive 👍, could be fun having the others in the video and doing a shoot out between them 💡.

:cheers:

I went to the 500pp seasonal "A-spec Intermediate Level Schwarzwald League" at Apricot Hill Raceway with my own '66 Beetle (450PP). I though it was pretty good, and got the gold (8:58.2, bl 1:41.032 vs M3GTR), despite a fine PITT by the Rabbit BMW on the final lap.

Then I noticed @Motor City Hami in his new prolific period had posted a Beetle in this thread. I built up a new Vee-Dub, but as we still had the tranny bug I auto set the gear box to the same as mine (149 mph). Initially I didn't like the more neutral feel; where I let the back-end of my own tune steer me into the corner, Hami's requires a more traditional approach - but you still know the where the engine sits. However after a few laps it became inevitably clear which was the faster car.

I went back to my car, removing some ballast to match Hami's weight and pp and then ran both cars again. The times speak for themselves: 8:54.0 bl 1:39.820 vs M3 coupe in MCH Beetle, no faster than the first outing in my tune. 4 secs over the race.

Hami's Beetle is a great drive, hard to fault, and really carved up the AI in their modern Sports cars at Apricot Hill. The weight is nicely managed, giving you decent stability under braking, nice balance in the corner and then and great grip for the exit. If you are looking for that back-end swing you might want to try a different setup, but this will serve you well and I would expect it to perform online too.

It seems there is proliferation of Bugs running around the thread, but I'm not going to have time to try them all any time soon.

On a different note I might offer up a tune or two in the spirit (if not the level of skill or achievement) of the COTHO garage, as most of them have gone one way or another. I used to hang around there sometimes, looking through the chain-link fence into the compound catching the occasional glimpse of genius and madman alike - until @XDesperado67 would throw his empty tequila bottles at me.

EDIT: added times

Last edited:
@sinof1337
Volkswagen 1200 '66 Review

Should have guessed that when you said “and boy did it end up fun”, meant watch out for the walls. You’re right about being slow, I felt a few times the urge to go out of the car and help by pushing it to go faster.

National A - 500PP Clubman Cup: Matterhorn Rotenboden
600PP - SS or less
1200 ’66 setup - 439PP - CM - ABS1

Sloped curves are ... uh ... sloped curves :mischievous:, funny how at even such slow speeds you can pull off a 360 👍. Throttle control is NOT an option unless of course you’re one of those people who like to change the cars color with the wide pallet of colors available from the tracks scenery. Acceleration is ... (non existing) ... something to be experienced, but once you have it rolling along you’ll wish you never have to slow down :sly:, for obvious reasons you will find out by trying it. But with all that said this little bug still managed to pull off a 3rd place, and that’s including a few out off body experiences :D.

National B 400PP Clubman Cup: Autumn Ring
500PP - SH or less
1200 ’66 setup - 439PP - CM - ABS1

A track much more suited for experiencing the Bug Sin, I was watching the replay and noticed that I looked more like a guy trying to show off than someone trying to race, seems I was putting on a smoke show on every corner, pretty sure the crowd couldn’t see the track after the first lap, a heavy smog had completely enveloped the site. It finished 1st, it did it with style, it shamed the AI drivers, and most off all it gave a great show. It's not the fastest but it's a pretty fun one to torture around the track. Cool one from the rain man :bowdown:.

@Ridox2JZGTE
Mazda Autozam AZ-1 '92 review

I was going to do a review of the Vitz but then I watched the video :cool: of this one and decided to go for it. I was trying to think of a track that would be similiar to the one in the video, the Nurb would have been good but much too long, Deep Forest and Trial Mountain looked good so I went to look for a race to enter it in.

National A - MR Challenge: Trial Mountain Circuit
AZ-1 = 373PP / CM / ABS0 /

I was never in the race with the GT40, P400, Zonda, Esprit, and a couple of NSX’s, maybe the 400PP version on SH would have made it. There were a couple of old NSX that stayed back to encourage me to push on forward, they were even quite graceful in letting me pass them so as not too finish last, finally finished 8th of 10.

With such a small wheel base and a very high front spring load the car is a little surprising :D, it can be lost quite easily but once you get the hang of it, you can power slide most of the curves but there will always be some steering adjustments as it glances over every little cranny on the road. I used your BB settings :crazy: and had no problems with that.

National B - 5 Minute Races: Autumn Ring Mini
AZ-1 = 373PP / CS / ABS0 /

Went with the CS for this one, the CM seem more realistic for the handling but the CS give you closer to the speed you’re expecting. Much tamer for turn ins and outs, lost some of that edge it’s supposed to have, My biggest disgruntle with this car was the engine sound, I put my headphones on, cabin view, and the pitch is much higher than in the video, I understand about matching the engine specs, I just don’t like high pitch squeals.

The car handles pretty close to what I saw in the video but it seemed that I was a bit slower, this could also be due to me having driven some 600PP cars just before. Just in case you were wondering it finished first this time, do you know how it finished on that competition it was on the video? Nice one to drive 👍, could be fun having the others in the video and doing a shoot out between them 💡.

Half mission accomplished, did you said what Taniguchi said when he reviewed the actual car ? :D The 400PP on CS should also give you more sense of speed and using exterior sound should help too :P

did you said what Taniguchi said when he reviewed the actual car ?
I did look for those character traits in the car, and when I looked at the replay video from the cabin view i saw that many times out of curves I would correct the steering, To match perfectly the video the car would have to be even stiffer to get those same type off bounces but I think that if that was possible the GT6 physics engine would chuck you right off the track:lol:. As for the 1/2 mission accomplished, you're being a little hard on yourself :P, I'd go more for 75-85 % 👍, there's just so much you can replicate :lol:.

@CSLACR
Mazda Demio GL-X '99 Review

Another car that I never paid any attention to :odd:, decided to go with the Rally Car :D since this would be a different experience

Int.B - Dirt Trials: Tosacana -
600PP Limit / DT
Demio GL-X ’99 - 400PP / DT / abs1

I was surprised by the very good handling of this FF on a dirt trail, very easy to catch when you make a mistake. The only thing that really bothered me was the stock transmission :grumpy:, but apart from that this was quite fun. Being heavily under powered and driven by someone who is not that good in Rally events I managed to finish in 5th place, but had some fun battling to get there.

Int.B - Dirt Trials: Eiger Nordwand - K Trail
600PP Limit / DT
Demio GL-X ’99 - 400PP / DT / abs1

This was a little harder, the downhill was exciting but going up was .:banghead:... Still handled beautifully 👍 and I still wanted to take my shot gun and shoot that poor old stock transmission out of it’s misery :mad:. Much faster pace on this track and the lack of power really showed, Finally finished 6th.

Nat.A - Gornergrat League: Matterhorn Rotenboden
600PP Limit / SS /
Demio GL-X ’99 - 400PP / SS / abs1

I wanted to try something different so I took it here, Hard to enjoy this car more than trying it here, especially on the long downhill section, amazing how it held on while bordering the limits. The SS did give it some extra grip but the suspension really did hold it in when needed. Finished 1st in a fun pack race.

Always fun to discover some overlooked bugs, very good tuning 👍.

@Otaliema
Honda S500 ’63 Review

Nat. B - FR Challenge : Trial Mountain Circuit
580PP Limit - SH
S500 ’63 - 400PP - CM

Very easy to handle :odd:, almost too easy :lol:, but just not fast enough for this race. I’m sure your son had a blast with this and it’s great that there are tunes made for that clientele, I didn’t try it with SH but I can just imagine. Finished 6/6,

Nat.B - Classic Sports Car Series: Rome & Silverstone
530PP Limit - SH
S500 ’63 - 400PP - CM

On both races the result was the same, 2/6, both times behind the Dino :rolleyes:, I guess Fred was calling it home for supper and nothing was going to catch it.

My wish would be that it was a tad faster but not if it meant to take away the joy a 4 year old is having driving with his old (old) man :mischievous:. For the purpose it was made I say excellent 👍, all honors to you for taking the time to teach how to drive, you are teaching him how to drive properly right :D?

@OdeFinn
Volkswagen 1200 '66 Review

Nat.A - 500 PP Clubman Cup: Race1 - Matterhorn Rotenboden
600PP limit / SS or less
VW 1200 ’66 - 450PP - CM - abs0

Wasn’t as wild as the other I tried, but it too wanted to take corners like an old Porsche. Had some trouble going down the hill, seemed too fast for what the car could take and and I locked up the wheels a couple of times. Transmission worked very nice and in general the car handles very well. Coming out of curves gives you two options, 1. bring up the throttle gently and take the curve like aunt Judy, or 2. hit the gas, and keep those front wheel aligned to go where you want to go and close the windows, it will get foggy. Finished 5th of 10, could have done better but those two times I locked up going down cost me a bit.

Nat.B - Classic Sport Cars Series : Silverstone
530PP limit / SH or less

This track was much more suited for Beetlejuice. Everything was easier, even taking those curves while smoking up my adversaries. Not the car with the most grip, but enough to let you hang yourself if you overdue it, but you should be able to recuperate, finished 1st in a very fun race.

Free Run - Tsukuba

Thought I’d give it a go and see how well I could do, didn’t come close to your times, but I can see myself getting in the high 1:10.xxx with practice, but that would probably be where I max out with this one for now. Good solid tune but for a smaller portion of people, like the other VW 1200 I tried you have to be on your toes to drive it right.

Time 1:11.589

Mazda Demio '99 - Road (@CSLACR )

Like @TurnLeft above, this was a car I'd never tried, despite being dedicated to the obscure and the unloved.

I built up the car and took it to the National B FF Challenge at Deep Forest. A great drive, and despite being underpowerd and under-tyred there was no problem dispatching the small AI grid in 2 laps. It was spot-on around the twisties of Deep Forest, and the car responding nicely to the throttle - digging in rather than pushing out of the corner.

There was perhaps a little understeer in the faster corners, such as out of the tunnel at the top of the, but maybe I was just pushing a bit too much :lol:. As it was, the gearing was a little too long for DF, but it wasn't much of a hinderance.

Total Time 3:15.5 with the Alfa 147 4.4 secs behind.

Deep Forest Raceway_1.jpg

This will never be at the top of 400pp tree, but it is competent drive and obscure and crappy looking enough to annoy those people who take the game and themselves too seriously. And for that reason I'm in.

@TurnLeft thanks for review, what I can say, I like Porsches and that's why pedal steering it's still there :)

About that gently or slamming out from corner, when you speak same language with that car it allows you to progressively flooring pedal pretty soon on corner without burning tires.
I had several times fun with other beetles on online using that, no direct beater found yet, giving really great fights on 450pp/cm room against ABS equipped beetles.

Having fun during racing is best part of that car, powersliding out from corner without losing lot of time and chasing other beetle, hearing how he changes gears and tries to escape when you pull your gear to end and reach out his rear. Where are beetle leagues?

Last edited:
OK, so I'm going to offer up a tune :nervous:. This has been one of my favourite cars since the closing days of GT5 - and it is from my birth year :dopey:. It was the first car I bought in GT6, and the amount of A-Spec races I did in it became somewhat of a surprise. It started off stock, then added a bit of power and diff', and just more and more until I was challenging serious motors in the National A. Anyway,

Mini Marcos GT '70

450pp
172bhp, 709kg
Weight dist 55:45

Tyres: SH-SS (CS), ABS 1

Wheels: standard

Full custom suspension
RH: 92 88
Spring Rate: 5.00 3.53
Damper Comp: 3 3
Damper Ext: 5 3
ARB: 3 4
Camber 0 0.5
Toe: -0.08 0.10

Racing Brakes
BB 5 6

Power
Engine Stage 1
CPU
Semi-Racing Exhaust
Manifold
Cat
Intake
High RPM Turbo

Limiter 98.1%

Triple plate clutch

Full custom Diff'
Initial: 10
Accel: 16
Brake: 6

No Weight reduction
Ballast 145Kg @12

Full custom Trans:
Can't remember exactly what I did :dunce:, I think I just set used the default numbers and
adjusted from there, as I was doing this run with the tranny bug :

Max speed 155 mph
1st 3.455
2nd 2.310
3rd 1.655
4th 1.265
5th 1.000

Final 3.100

For fun, I recommend this in the Gornergrat League of Nat A, race 1. You will probably need SS to gain advantage over the Group B cars, but what fun!

Matterhorn Rotenboden_10.jpg

Edit: the car carries a lot of ballast, which perhaps is contrary to the idea of being super lightweight. I've obviously reached this stage to give a more competitive power output at given pp levels.

Last edited:
My wish would be that it was a tad faster but not if it meant to take away the joy a 4 year old is having driving with his old (old) man :mischievous:. For the purpose it was made I say excellent 👍, all honors to you for taking the time to teach how to drive, you are teaching him how to drive properly right :D?
Of course I am that's why it's tuned the way it is. Try something unrealistic it spins. Force him to drive correctly. ;) once he has the hang of that I will give him an arcade race car:tup:

@Brewguy44
Volkswagen Sambabus Typ2 '62 Review

Nat.B - Freshman Cup: SSR5
450 PP Limit / SH or less
Sambabus Typ2 ’62: 385PP - SH - abs1

First, can you please check if you had an oil change because I couldn’t get it to your power specs :ouch:.

Second, surprise :eek:, OMG :eek::scared:, what in the flaming hell’s did you do :mad:? Did you choke on your beer :sly:? Just kidding, but I was surprised by how smooth you had it. Transmission is good up to 4th, after that it could use some pep talk or in this case a something more potent than beer. This was a very easy race, finished first with gusto.

Nat.A - Night Masters Race 2 : Matterhorn Rotenboden
450PP Limit / SS or less
Sambabus Typ2 ’62: 385PP - SH - abs1

Had to up the ante a bit. You know there’s nothing like driving a bus going down a hill, at night, full of screaming kids, and looking at the brakes saying “should I ? :mischievous: ” So now you have 12 people sitting on the front seat, how cool is that :D? Again even in these extreme settings our heroic bus driver got everyone to the last stop in one piece and in first place. No major issues but one, the color, really? A samba bus GOLD?

Nat.A - Schwarzwald League: Race 3 - Nurburgring Nordschleife
560PP Limit - SS or less
Sambabus Typ2 ’62: 411PP - SH - abs1

I used the powered up version for this one, good thing too. A bit harder to control on certain curves where you really have the impression that it’s a bus. Non level curves are giving it a few issues like “should I turn around” or “what part of the wall do you want to take home for your collection”, but you can always use the third option “no thank you, I’ll just release the gas and continue on my road”. Ended in second place which I find pretty good, it is a fun vehicle to mash around, and a good tune 👍 even if you’re sober :lol:.

:cheers:<<<< at this time of the night it's hot chocolate milk for you and off to bed, YOU work tomorrow, not me . he he.

@TurnLeft thanks for review, what I can say, I like Porsches and that's why pedal steering it's still there :)

About that gently or slamming out from corner, when you speak same language with that car it allows you to progressively flooring pedal pretty soon on corner without burning tires.
I had several times fun with other beetles on online using that, no direct beater found yet, giving really great fights on 450pp/cm room against ABS equipped beetles.

Having fun during racing is best part of that car, powersliding out from corner without losing lot of time and chasing other beetle, hearing how he changes gears and tries to escape when you pull your gear to end and reach out his rear. Where are beetle leagues?
I'm a big Porsche lover, just hope that PD will be able to get them signed when the contract with EA Games ends, it would be a beautiful addition. As for beetles, always like the aura they had, but IRL they sucked especially where I live, heating was not a priority :lol:. The RR configuration makes cars more lively, more challenging to drive if you don't alter their weight distribution, so to each his own Herbie to have fun, I still want mine to pop wheelies and spit fire out of the exhaust :lol:.

Feeling brave: second tune!

Subaru 360 '58

Tyres CS/SH, ABS1

400pp 'Lightweight'
55BHP
358Kg 49:51

Engine Stage 1
Sports ECU
Racing Exhaust
Manifold
Cat
Intake
Mid RPM Turbo
Power Limiter 98.1%

Stage 3 Weight Reduction

440pp 'Power Tune'
88BHP
407KG 49:5

Power

Engine Stage 3
Sports ECU
Racing Exhaust
Manifold
Sports Cat
Intake
High RPM turbo

Limiter 100%

No Weight reduction
Ballast 22Kg @ -15

Both tunes same from here:

Wheels: +2 inch Wires (2 bar)

Full custom suspension
RH: 100 95
Spring Rate: 5.70 7.20
Damper Comp: 4 3
Damper Ext: 4 5
ARB: 3 2
Camber: 0.5 0.0
Toe: -0.04 0.12

BB 6 4

Triple Plate Clutch

Full custom Diff'
Initial: 8
Accel: 10
Brake: 12

Full custom Trans:

FD 5.00
Max speed 106 mph
1st 1.935
2nd 1.290
3rd 0.945
4th 0.750
5th 0.620

Final 3.650

The Lightweight tune I ran at the recent 400pp Matterhorn Short track (still up at time of writing), using SH tyres. I took the leader on the final corner, but it is a lesson in keeping momentum :lol:.

The mighty Power Tune was great fun at the National B classic sportscar race in Rome, with CS tyres. Took the lead 'Vette' in the final section but had to block as I clipped the curb and lost speed out of the final corner.

EDIT: also a win in race 3 at Silverstone - the lead Stratos was kind enough to pootle around in third gear :) and I got superior speed out of the sweeper (Stowe?) after the straight on lap 2 and just about held him off. Completely ridiculous really, but that's why we're here, right? :dopey: :lol:.

Showing the young whippersnappers who's boss.
Circuito di Roma_11.jpg

Last edited:
@Woodski_427
Mini Marcos GT '70 Review

I was about to go to my secret testing facility to run some experiments I’ve been putting off for too long when this last entry popped up. Seriously thought of closing the door and not look back :P, went to sleep, woke up this morning and decided to at least try it out. Seems that when ever our heart is not in the mood for something it gets a wonderful surprise if we just give it a chance.

Nat.A Euro Hot Hatch Series: Brand Hatch
500PP Limit - SH or less
Mini Marcos GT ’70 - 450PP - SH - abs1

Before we begin may I just point out that I had to do an oil change to get to your specs, no harm done. The handling on SH is excellent but what surprised me the most was the sense of speed, if I have the time at some point I will try it out against comparable cars to see just how fast it is for it’s PP rating. Finished with an easy 1st, so next race we’ll have to step it up a bit.

Int.B Tour of Europe: Race 3 Ascari
540PP Limit - SS or less

Again very smooth handling, great speed, has good grip but not too much. I just love racing here, so many places to pass, wish they would make a shorter version for testing. So guess what? finished first again but with a little more opposition. If it had just a bit more cornering ability it would just be awesome :crazy:.

Int.B Classic Supercar Festival: Race 1 Circuit di Roma
560PP Limit - SH or less

It came down to the last curve, took it on the outside and peeled off to victory. You do not need to pocess a whole lot of control to drive this car, it sort of has an auto pilot to keep you on the road ( I know, I did this as I was waking up,:cool:) and you really have to try hard or be a very bad :mad: driver to wipe out with it, but even with all those qualities it still retains the essence of a car fun to drive. An excellent tune 👍 of a car that we just don't notice, what's it called again? :lol:

@CSLACR
Mazda Demio GL-X '99 Review

Mazda Demio '99 - Road (@CSLACR )

This will never be at the top of 400pp tree, but it is competent drive and obscure and crappy looking enough to annoy those people who take the game and themselves too seriously. And for that reason I'm in.
Thanks for the reviews and time guys, glad you had fun. 👍

Transmission bug was out yet when I made the Demio, hence the lack thereof. (coming soon)
The Demio GL-X has been a favorite oddball of mine for a while now. :)

@Woodski_427
Mini Marcos GT '70 Review

I was about to go to my secret testing facility to run some experiments I’ve been putting off for too long when this last entry popped up. Seriously thought of closing the door and not look back :P, went to sleep, woke up this morning and decided to at least try it out. Seems that when ever our heart is not in the mood for something it gets a wonderful surprise if we just give it a chance.

Nat.A Euro Hot Hatch Series: Brand Hatch
500PP Limit - SH or less

Before we begin may I just point out that I had to do an oil change to get to your specs, no harm done. The handling on SH is excellent but what surprised me the most was the sense of speed, if I have the time at some point I will try it out against comparable cars to see just how fast it is for it’s PP rating. Finished with an easy 1st, so next race we’ll have to step it up a bit.

Int.B Tour of Europe: Race 3 Ascari
540PP Limit - SS or less

Again very smooth handling, great speed, has good grip but not too much. I just love racing here, so many places to pass, wish they would make a shorter version for testing. So guess what? finished first again but with a little more opposition. If it had just a bit more cornering ability it would just be awesome :crazy:.

Int.B Classic Supercar Festival: Race 1 Circuit di Roma
560PP Limit - SH or less

It came down to the last curve, took it on the outside and peeled off to victory. You do not need to pocess a whole lot of control to drive this car, it sort of has an auto pilot to keep you on the road ( I know, I did this as I was waking up,:cool:) and you really have to try hard or be a very bad :mad: driver to wipe out with it, but even with all those qualities it still retains the essence of a car fun to drive. An excellent tune 👍 of a car that we just don't notice, what's it called again? :lol:

Thanks for trying out the Marcos, my friend. I'm really pleased you liked it and my setup is worthy enough to grace the thread :bowdown:.

I've been bleating on about this car in many threads for years, but I think people dismiss it as the ravings of a lunatic and look the other way. See, I told you all I'm not m-mmm-m-m-mad. See...see :drool:.

Yes, the oil change, sorry about that. I've been using the same car since GT6 came out and covered many thousands of miles so the old A-Series has needed a rebuild and an oil change or two. I guess not being a regular tuner/poster of tunes I didn't think of such things! Thanks for pointing it out 👍.

As far as being competitive at a PP level - it probably isn't very :lol:. It's the old problem of low weight being high in the PP calculation and having low power for the PP. In 400pp guise with 115bhp I ran the same FF race at Deep Forest after @CSLACR's Demio and I was 3 seconds slower over the two laps.

:cheers: again for the write up.

Gentlemen, and ladies, I have ideas for the next 4 months and maybe a few more. I have a suggestion that came in and will be using it for next month. Keep in mind, I have been trying to alternate regions, US, Asia, Europe, and not doing the same 2 months in a row. I am ALWAYS open to suggestions, such as this month, and the previous two. So if you have one moving forward, please feel free to PM me. I Will not reveal next months other than to say it is from the US.

That said, does everyone like that pattern or does it not matter? Because I have 3 or 4 ideas for US and that does not include what I have planned for next month.

Thanks for trying out the Marcos, my friend. I'm really pleased you liked it and my setup is worthy enough to grace the thread
You are welcome and it is more than worthy 👍.

but I think people dismiss it as the ravings of a lunatic and look the other way.
From one lunatic to another, I really understand :D. (Read in my signature the name of my garage :lol:)

See, I told you all I'm not m-mmm-m-m-mad. See...see
Hmm... now do we really want to start a debate on that, mind you, if one mad person says to the other that he's mad, does that make them both sane? :crazy:.

ran the same FF race at Deep Forest after @CSLACR's Demio and I was 3 seconds slower over the two laps.
Thanks for doing that one for me :bowdown:, but I'm still not throwing it away.:mischievous:

Gentlemen, and ladies, I have ideas for the next 4 months and maybe a few more. I have a suggestion that came in and will be using it for next month. Keep in mind, I have been trying to alternate regions, US, Asia, Europe, and not doing the same 2 months in a row. I am ALWAYS open to suggestions, such as this month, and the previous two. So if you have one moving forward, please feel free to PM me. I Will not reveal next months other than to say it is from the US.

That said, does everyone like that pattern or does it not matter? Because I have 3 or 4 ideas for US and that does not include what I have planned for next month.
I say go with what you feel is right, it's work well so far 👍. I'm not sure if I'll be having time for next month (May), extremely busy month at work plus I'm starting some tests that may be a little long, I figure 12 hours, but knowing how bad I am at estimating time :embarrassed: it will probably be double :odd:. I've also just started racing on line and joined a couple of clubs, no aids allowed, and I'm loving it :cool:, not very good yet but I can only go up, that's the advantage of finishing last :lol:. Take care people :cheers:.

I like the direction CotM has been going very much. This freelance style is great. 👍
Ideas and creativity are what keep things interesting.

Gave the Demio's both 1.18 updates, including a transmission, which the street version already had(but now it has the "tranny trick" so to speak)

Mazda Demio GL-X '99
179/999/400/CH-SH (Street)

Mazda Demio GL-X '99
179/1000/400/D-S (Rally)
Eiger%20Nordwand%20-%20Short%20Track_zpszn5tv69s.jpg

Back