April Car of the Month - The Little Engine That Could (No Fooling)

  • Thread starter Thread starter Bowtie-muscle
  • 211 comments
  • 21,051 views
Messages
4,032
United States
New Jersey
Messages
crash27wwjd
16349801353_2ee80822e9_z.jpg

(photo courtesy of @TurnLeft )


Welcome to:

April Car Of the Month

Featuring:

"The Little Engine That Could"

​
This month I am going for something different, will feature cars that can be purchased with less than 100hp. @TurnLeft made a similar suggestion after the first Car of the Month I started and recently, @Motor City Hami had a similar thought and even gave a list of eligible cars (thank you!). They deserve credit for the idea, I just ran with it.

This is not a competition and there are no limits, you need not feel as though you have to keep the tunes under 100hp. Tune as you wish, only please give tire suggestions along with tracks to run the tune. There are several short tracks that suit these cars rather well, such as: Streets of Willow, Silverstone Stowe, Autumn Ring Mini, Clubman Stage R5, Madrid Short, and so on.

SO break out your tunes and let's have some fun. Hopefully the trans bug will get fixed soon.:rolleyes:

The cars:

Daihatsu:
Storis/Sirion - CX 2wd/4wd '98
Midget II D Type '98
Move Custom RS Limited '02// CX '95// SR-XX 2wde/4wd '97
Copen - Active/Detachable top '02
Cuore TR-XX Avanzato R (J) '97
OFC-1 '07

Honda:
Life Step Van '72
Today G '85
S500 '63 // S600'64 // S800 '66 // S800 RSC '68
Z Act '67
Beat Version F '92 // Version Z '93 // '91
Fit/Jazz DSi SE Sport '01
Insight Ls '09 // '99
Civic 1500 3Door CX '79 // #Door 25 '83

Hyundai:
Click Type-R '04

Mazda:
Carol 360 Deluxe '62
AutoZam AZ-1 '92
Demio GLX '99

Mitsubishi:
i-Miev '09 // i Concept '03
Colt 1.5 Sport X Version
Mirage 1400GLX '78
Minica DANGAN ZZ '89

Nissan:
Skyline 1500 Deluxe (S50D-1) '63 // Sport Coupe (BLRA-3) '62
Bluebird 1600 Deluxe (510) '69
PAO '89
Cube X '98 // EX (FF/CVT) '02
Be-1 '87
March G# '99 // 12c 5door '03 // Micra '03
Silvia (CSP311) '65

Subaru:
360 '58

Suzuki:
Alto Lapin Turbo '02
Wagon R RR '98
MR Wagon Sport '04
Cervo SR '07
KEI Works '02
Cappuccino (EA11R) '91 // (EA21R) '95
Alto Works Suzuki Sport Limited '97 // RS-Z '97

Toyota:
Prius G(J) '02 // G Touring Selection (J) '03 // G '09
Vitz/Yaris F '99 // '12 (VITZ) // U Euro Sport Edition '00
Sports S 800 '65
Aqua S '11

Autobiani:
A112 Abarth '79

Citroen:
2CV Type A '54

Fiat:
500 R '72 // L '69 // F '65 // F '68 // 1.2 8v Lounge SS '08
Panda Super i.e. '90

Lotus:
Europa S.2 '68

Marcos:
Mini Marcos Gt '70

Mini:
Mini One '02 // Cooper 1.3i '98

Opel/Vauxhall:
Corsa Comfort 1.4 '01

Triumph:
Spitfire 1500 '74

Volkswagon:
Schwimmwagon Typ 166 '42
Sambabus Type 2(T1) '62
Beetle 110 Standard (type-II) '49 // 1200 '66
Kubelwagon Typ 82 '44
Karman Ghia Coupe (type-1) ' 68
Lupo 1.4 '02
 
Last edited:
16969908855_1c342a7061_z.jpg

(photo Courtesy of @DolHaus )

The Tunes
​
Bowtie-muscle:
Suzuki Cappuccino (EA21R) '95 400pp CM-CS

@DolHaus:
Mazda Autozam AZ-1 '92 400pp SH
Daihatsu Copen Active Top 400pp SH
Suzuki Cappuccino (EA11R) 400pp SH

@shaunm80 :
Honda Fit W '01 350pp CM
Suzuki Cappuccino (EA21R) '95 400pp CM
Toyota Aqua S '11 350pp CM
Toyota Vitz F '12 400pp SH
Fiat 500 1.2 8v Lounge SS '08 CS
Mini Cooper 1.3i '98 350pp CM
Mini One '02 350pp CM
Vauzhall Corsa Comfort 1.4 '01 350pp CS

@DaBomm4 :
Lotus Europa S.2 '68 450pp CS

@Motor City Hami :
Citroen 2CV Type A '54 373pp CS
Volkswagon Sambabus Type 2 '62 373pp CS
Volkswagon 1200 Beetle '66 454pp CS

@TurnLeft :
Citroen 2VC Type A '54 373pp SH
VW Sambabus '62 418pp SH
Subaru 360 "stunt car"
Fiat 500F '68 350pp SH
Honda S500 '63 330pp SH
Daihatsu Midget D Type '98 Stunt Car
Mazda Carol 360 Deluxe '62 Funk Car
Citroen 2CV Type A '54 2CV-GB national Meeting

@Ridox2JZGTE :
Toyota Vitz F "RS" '12 CS-SM
Mazda Autozam AZ-1 '92 373pp CM/CS

@sinof1337 :
Volkswagon 1200 Beetle '66 439pp CM
Lotus Europe S.2 '68 450pp CS
Citroen 2CV Type A '54 350pp CH

@CSLACR :
Mazda Demio GL-X '99 400pp CH-SH (Street)
Mazda Demio GL-X '99 400pp D / S (Rally)
Nissan Silvia (CSP311) '65 400pp CS
Mazda Autozam AZ-1 '92 400pp CS

@Otaliema :
Honda S500 '63 350pp CM

@OdeFinn :
Volkswagon "BeetleJuice" 450pp CM

@Brewguy44 :
Volkswagon "Super Sambabus" '72 391pp SH

@Woodski_427 :
Marcos Mini Marcos GT '70 450pp CS-SS
Subaru 360 '58 400pp CS/SH
Honda Z Act '70 378pp CS/SH

@XS :
Daihatsu Sirion X4(J) '00 540pp Rally Tune

@NEWDRIVER2 @CyKosis1973
Marcos Mini Marcos GT '70 400 and 450pp CS
 
Last edited:
14014145957_4d8560f3e1_z.jpg


The Reviews

​
by @cbarbosa :

@DolHaus Autozam 400pp here
@shaunm80 Vitz F 400pp here
@Motor City Hami 1200 Beetle "Herbie" here
@Bowtie-muscle Cappuccino 400pp here


by @danbojte :

@Ridox2JZGTE Vitz F "RS" here


by @TurnLeft :

@DolHaus Cappuccino 400pp here
@shaunm80 Vauxhall Corsa Comfort Here
Bowtie-muscle Cappuccino 400pp here
@DaBomm4 Lotus S.2 Here
@sinof1337 1200 Beetle here
@CSLACR Mazda Demio GL-X here
@Otaliema Honda S500 here
@OdeFinn Beetle Here
@Brewguy44 Sambabus here
@Woodski_427 Mini Marcos here
@XS Sirion X4 Rally Tune here

by @shaunm80:

Bowtie-muscle Cappuccino 400pp here


by @Woodski_427 :

@Motor City Hami 1200 Beetle here
@CSLACR Mazda Demio here
@CSLACR Nissan Silvia here
@DolHaus AZ-1 here
@Otaliema here

by Bowtie-muscle

@DolHaus Autozam AZ-1 here
@Ridox2JZGTE Autozam AZ-1 here
@CSLACR Autozam AZ-1 here
4 car review of:
@sinof1337
@TurnLeft
@Motor City Hami
@Woodski_427
here
 
Last edited:
16982982601_22a75a1786_o.png


"The Challenge"



Just for fun I present to you the hardest and most difficult challenge ever in a Gran Turismo game.

"The Are we there yet" Platinum Trophy Challenge. The rules are simple, the task is hard. Are you up to it?
Simply go to the Citroen Dealer and buy a 2CV, you may paint it if you wish but...
No OIL CHANGE, no rim upgrade, ABSOLUTELY NO UPGRADES AT ALL. Head straight to Route x and set the time of day to Midnight. You must complete two laps without pausing or falling asleep. Then post your best time here, if you succeed, I will post your trophy in your garage or present it to you in this thread if no garage is available.

Good luck and be careful out there!


Those Brave men who have accepted and succeeded:

@Brewguy44
@ItGivesYouWings
@DaBomm4
@cbarbosa
@TurnLeft
@Otaliema
​
 
Last edited:
My Suzuki Cappuccino (EA21R) 400pp tune here

It was a Time Trial tune at Streets of Willow on CM tires, should be good on CS as well. The trans will have to be played with if the bug is not finished soon however.:grumpy:
 
Last edited:
16982982601_22a75a1786_o.png


"The Challenge"



Just for fun I present to you the hardest and most difficult challenge ever in a Gran Turismo game.

"The Are we there yet" Platinum Trophy Challenge. The rules are simple, the task is hard. Are you up to it?
Simply go to the Citroen Dealer and buy a 2CV, you may paint it if you wish but...
No OIL CHANGE, no rim upgrade, ABSOLUTELY NO UPGRADES AT ALL. Head straight to Route x and set the time of day to Midnight. You must complete two laps without pausing or falling asleep. Then post your best time here, if you succeed, I will post your trophy in your garage or present it to you in this thread if no garage is available.

Good luck and be careful out there!


​


Dude! That's just Cruel! :scared: Did you get up on the wrong side of the bed or what? :lol: What evil has befallen you? :p :lol: But seriously what a great 💡 I really needed a reason to buy this car. Thanks 👍 I going to give it a try and post my time. You threw down The Gauntlet. :mischievous: and I Accept :) 👍
animated-smileys-drinking-187.gif
 
Last edited:
Man you are .... diabolical :mischievous:... in a great way 👍. Love the challenge, and yes I will do it, going to put a case of pepsi beside me, a container to empty in, a box of doughnuts and put on a recording of George Carlin to keep my spirit awake.

Now that's a hard list too choose from, I don't want too choose something I've done,
Lotus: Europa S.2 '68 ....have it on my to do list for eternity.
Marcos: Mini Marcos Gt '70 ...completely forgot about this one
Mini: Mini One '02 // Cooper 1.3i '98 ... it's a big gokart, could be fun
Opel/Vauxhall: Corsa Comfort 1.4 '01 ..??? what is it ???
Mitsubishi: Mirage 1400GLX '78 ... old GT5 flame
Honda: Life Step Van '72 ... I'm sure I could teach this one too roll over

great list off oddballs, you're making it hard too choose. If I may suggest one short track that is real fun to use some of these cars on, that is if they can make it up the hill, it's Matterhorn Short Track, it's like down hill skiing 👍 and then the chairlift 👎 to get back up the hill.

I'm pretty much finished all the major projects that I wanted to do, so I'll be in this one and I should be able to do reviews, at least for once I'll be able to drive the cars properly. :lol:
 
The challenge reminds me of this.

I'm doing it tomorrow. If I complete it, I will send a replay.

My vote is for the Midget.
 
16982982601_22a75a1786_o.png


"The Challenge"



Just for fun I present to you the hardest and most difficult challenge ever in a Gran Turismo game.

"The Are we there yet" Platinum Trophy Challenge. The rules are simple, the task is hard. Are you up to it?
Simply go to the Citroen Dealer and buy a 2CV, you may paint it if you wish but...
No OIL CHANGE, no rim upgrade, ABSOLUTELY NO UPGRADES AT ALL. Head straight to Route x and set the time of day to Midnight. You must complete two laps without pausing or falling asleep. Then post your best time here, if you succeed, I will post your trophy in your garage or present it to you in this thread if no garage is available.

Good luck and be careful out there!


​
Challenge accepted :mischievous:
 
16349801353_2ee80822e9_z.jpg

(photo courtesy of @TurnLeft )


Welcome to:

April Car Of the Month

Featuring:

"The Little Engine That Could"

​
This month I am going for something different, will feature cars that can be purchased with less than 100hp. @TurnLeft made a similar suggestion after the first Car of the Month I started and recently, @Motor City Hami had a similar thought and even gave a list of eligible cars (thank you!). They deserve credit for the idea, I just ran with it.

This is not a competition and there are no limits, you need not feel as though you have to keep the tunes under 100hp. Tune as you wish, only please give tire suggestions along with tracks to run the tune. There are several short tracks that suit these cars rather well, such as: Streets of Willow, Silverstone Stowe, Autumn Ring Mini, Clubman Stage R5, Madrid Short, and so on.

SO break out your tunes and let's have some fun. Hopefully the trans bug will get fixed soon.:rolleyes:

The cars:

Daihatsu:
Storis/Sirion - CX 2wd/4wd '98
Midget II D Type '98
Move Custom RS Limited '02// CX '95// SR-XX 2wde/4wd '97
Copen - Active/Detachable top '02
Cuore TR-XX Avanzato R (J) '97
OFC-1 '07

Honda:
Life Step Van '72
Today G '85
S500 '63 // S600'64 // S800 '66 // S800 RSC '68
Z Act '67
Beat Version F '92 // Version Z '93 // '91
Fit/Jazz DSi SE Sport '01
Insight Ls '09 // '99
Civic 1500 3Door CX '79 // #Door 25 '83

Hyundai:
Click Type-R '04

Mazda:
Carol 360 Deluxe '62
AutoZam AZ-1 '92
Demio GLX '99

Mitsubishi:
i-Miev '09 // i Concept '03
Colt 1.5 Sport X Version
Mirage 1400GLX '78
Minica DANGAN ZZ '89

Nissan:
Skyline 1500 Deluxe (S50D-1) '63 // Sport Coupe (BLRA-3) '62
Bluebird 1600 Deluxe (510) '69
PAO '89
Cube X '98 // EX (FF/CVT) '02
Be-1 '87
March G# '99 // 12c 5door '03 // Micra '03
Silvia (CSP311) '65

Subaru:
360 '58

Suzuki:
Alto Lapin Turbo '02
Wagon R RR '98
MR Wagon Sport '04
Cervo SR '07
KEI Works '02
Cappuccino (EA11R) '91 // (EA21R) '95
Alto Works Suzuki Sport Limited '97 // RS-Z '97

Toyota:
Prius G(J) '02 // G Touring Selection (J) '03 // G '09
Vitz/Yaris F '99 // '12 (VITZ) // U Euro Sport Edition '00
Sports S 800 '65
Aqua S '11

Autobiani:
A112 Abarth '79

Citroen:
2CV Type A '54

Fiat:
500 R '72 // L '69 // F '65 // F '68 // 1.2 8v Lounge SS '08
Panda Super i.e. '90

Lotus:
Europa S.2 '68

Marcos:
Mini Marcos Gt '70

Mini:
Mini One '02 // Cooper 1.3i '98

Opel/Vauxhall:
Corsa Comfort 1.4 '01

Triumph:
Spitfire 1500 '74

Volkswagon:
Schwimmwagon Typ 166 '42
Sambabus Type 2(T1) '62
Beetle 110 Standard (type-II) '49 // 1200 '66
Kubelwagon Typ 82 '44
Karman Ghia Coupe (type-1) ' 68
Lupo 1.4 '02
I like it 👍 Do we need to keep the tunes for 100hp or less too?
Opel/Vauxhall: Corsa Comfort 1.4 '01 ..??? what is it ???
You really don't want to know :rolleyes:
 
I'm doing it "LIVE" right now :crazy: I need something on the X button :lol: :lol: One good thing I can drink a Beer or 2 while doing this!
animated-smileys-drinking-187.gif
(1st Lap Time= 20:57.807) Yippee :dopey: I'm glad I've got a good Playlist to listen too!!! 👍 Double Challenge!! Do another one at Sierra! :D :mischievous: Ha Ha Ha I'm going :crazy: Look at the pretty flowers :dopey: :lol: :lol: I Did It!!! :cool: (2nd Lap Time= 20:52.165) This is what I did while driving using a DS3!! 1. Typed on Laptop :sly: 2. Drinking Beer 👍 3. Going No. 1 :D
 
@Ridox2JZGTE do you mean this one? @Bowtie-muscle hid it well. ;)

Doh, missed the Mazda, why it's not bolded ? :lol: Looks like there are quite a few cars that I have built in the past, Vitz/yaris, micra/March, Insight, Cooper, fiat 500 lounge, AZ1.
One of them is a standout / very good for racing online, a high power version has been driven by a regular reviewer on my garage and won several races online ( club events )

Will definitely post some cars :cheers:
 
16982982601_22a75a1786_o.png


"The Challenge"



Just for fun I present to you the hardest and most difficult challenge ever in a Gran Turismo game.

"The Are we there yet" Platinum Trophy Challenge. The rules are simple, the task is hard. Are you up to it?
Simply go to the Citroen Dealer and buy a 2CV, you may paint it if you wish but...
No OIL CHANGE, no rim upgrade, ABSOLUTELY NO UPGRADES AT ALL. Head straight to Route x and set the time of day to Midnight. You must complete two laps without pausing or falling asleep. Then post your best time here, if you succeed, I will post your trophy in your garage or present it to you in this thread if no garage is available.

Good luck and be careful out there!


​
The course practically drives the car for you. My laps are in progress while enjoying lunch. ;)

Edit: First lap, 20:54.348, second lap, 20:50.697.

Edit 2:
Special Stage Route X.jpg
 
Last edited:
Back