April update to be teased soon ?

• Thread starter Canada_25
  • 146 comments
Canada
Saint-Apollinaire, QC, Canada
If we follow the last updates pattern, the april update should be teased soon.

January update came on the 25th and they teased it the 20th.
February update came on the 28th and they teased it the 24th.
March update came on the 29th and they teased it the 23rd.

Also, they always teased it on the last fridays and saturdays before the last week of the month. It should normally be released tomorrow as it's the last saturday of the month before the last week... Well, I hope I'm right.

What do you guys think?

The announcement of the new update is the most important and all the people trying to figure out cars silhouettes :P
I always missed the exact moment in the case of last updates i was here when there was already like 10 pages about new update picture now i want to decrypt the image with you guys :cheers: 👍

Last edited:
I know some companies work on Saturdays, in Japan, but you think they'll post something in 4 hours and not be resting?
As far as I know, he always tweeted the pic with the silhouettes on Saturday (could be wrong though). Last time I got a notification at 2 AM (GMT+1), but this time it might appear later. Guess we'll find out soon!

In January, Kaz teased the update on January 20th, and released on January 25th.

In February, Kaz teased the update on February 24th, and released on February 28th.

In March, Kaz teased the update on March 23rd, and released on March 29th.

upload_2018-4-20_16-45-18.png

upload_2018-4-20_16-45-31.png

upload_2018-4-20_16-45-41.png

January and March updates were released on the final Thursday of the month, while the Feb update was released on the final day of the month which was Wednesday. February may have been different because of the shorter amount of days. So if we assume the updates will be released on the final Thursday of every month sans February, then it is possible the April update will be released on the 26th. Tease today or tomorrow?
upload_2018-4-20_16-52-33.png

As far as I know, he always tweeted the pic with the silhouettes on Saturday (could be wrong though). Last time I got a notification at 2 AM (GMT+1), but this time it might appear later. Guess we'll find out soon!

In that case 💡 i guess I could stay up till 2am playing the game in the random hope of a tweet but .... nah :lol:

In that case 💡 i guess I could stay up till 2am playing the game in the random hope of a tweet but .... nah :lol:
I have some work related stuff that I need to get done by Monday morning. Since I want to dedicate the weekend to my family, I'll probably stay awake tonight and work on it. F5 button and the Nespresso coffee machine will hate me :lol:

Last edited:
Kaz is always so happy, his enthusiasm is infectious :lol:

Thanks for linking that interview! 👍
Yeah, especially his final point. All the speculation about what we'll get, the mention of 100 year old cars(whether that's from past GTs or yet to come). We all have our favorites, but I had to relax and just think that's what Gran Turismo is all about. Trying every car and adapting to to it and whatever track.

Kaz always posted on Saturday (Japan time). The latest time he ever posted is ~7pm. If there'll be no teaser in next 30 minutes (8pm in Tokyo), then we will need to wait until next Saturday. Or no teaser this time. Or no big update (only Supra, which doesn't need teaser). Last option seems more and more likely to me with every minute.

Kaz always posted on Saturday (Japan time). The latest time he ever posted is ~7pm. If there'll be no teaser in next 30 minutes (8pm in Tokyo), then we will need to wait until next Saturday. Or no teaser this time. Or no big update (only Supra, which doesn't need teaser). Last option seems more and more likely to me with every minute.
Well, it seems that we don't have a teaser. Damn I was hoping for another set of cars but I'm okay with this :/

It's only the 21st.

We know there is 'the April Update' coming. Considering that if it was only the Toyota GR Supra coming, that would actually be a smaller update than the Audi update, hence it would be very unlikely for it to be just one car when it is known as 'THE April Update', which surely is designed to sound as a big update, at least bigger than the 2 cars earlier in April.

It is theoretically possible to be one car, but considering the use of language used, and how the Audi Update would be more of 'THE April Update' if that had more cars, I think we shouldn't get concerned at the lack of a teaser image yet. Especially as there is no obligation of a teaser image, and no obligation for that teaser image to be released already. It isn't even the last Saturday of the month.

Let's not jump to conclusions due to a lack of news

It's Saturday evening in Japan. Honestly, I hope Kaz is having a fun evening with his family or out watching a show and not worrying about tweeting a silhouette!

Personally, I don't see anything major coming in the April update other than the Supra (we've already had the Audi this month remember) and a silhouette of just the Supra would be a bit pointless :lol:

To be fair, if no major update was in the schedule for this month, PD should have said so. I'm sure, after several straight months of getting awesome content for free, people would undestand a break. They're only human. This way no one would get disappointed by expecting something on the same level as previous months.

To be fair, if no major update was in the schedule for this month, PD should have said so. I'm sure, after several straight months of getting awesome content for free, people would undestand a break. They're only human. This way no one would get disappointed by expecting something on the same level as previous months.
They did only promise monthly updates 'till March
They said more tracks and cars will be coming, but I haven't read anywhere there will be a major update this month (exluding the Supra, which from the way things are going I don't think is going to include any more cars/tracks)

Thank God someone finally understood that GTS is only run by humans who get tired as well :)

They did only promise monthly updates 'till March
They said more tracks and cars will be coming, but I haven't read anywhere there will be a major update this month (exluding the Supra, which from the way things are going I don't think is going to include any more cars/tracks)

Thank God someone finally understood that GTS is only run by humans who get tired as well :)

It wouldn't cost them much to just drop a tweet, or statement, saying that content will resume after a short hiatus. It's not just what they say that has an impact, but also what they don't say. Assumptions and unnecessary hype are dangerous.

PS - Knowing how hard Japanese culture can be on its workforce, makes me not want them to overwork themselves. I'd like to think PD is a company that is nice to its employees.

It wouldn't cost them much to just drop a tweet, or statement, saying that content will resume after a short hiatus. It's not just what they say that has an impact, but also what they don't say. Assumptions and unnecessary hype are dangerous.
Can't disagree, all this speculation is only going to hurt PD if they don't release a statement like you suggested

Back