April update to be teased soon ?

• Thread starter Canada_25
  • 146 comments
My guess is that the April update is kinda big deal.
Either because we're getting more content or because we're getting the "final" version for the real FIA season. Or both... (wild guess... no proofs here)

Think I agree with this, I think the main focus of the next update is the actual fia events.

They can’t keep running test seasons people will get bored soon if they already haven’t, I’m hoping they’ve got some big plans for the actual events. I like what they’ve done so far but feel it’s got a lot more potential!

I hope I am wrong, but my guess is we're not getting any new Gr.3 or Gr.4 racing cars until the FIA season is over. After that they may update some cars and we'll go through another slew of test seasons so they can adjust BoP before doing the next season. Maybe some fantasy Gr.2 cars, or whatever Gr.B turns out to be.

Just something unexpected and new from Jaguar. Plus, the way PD reveal unexpected vehicles. No one expected the e-Tron before they announced it. Yet, we got two of them.

The I-Pace racer is something big. It'll race next month, but who knows what other collaborations PD have with manufacturers.

Just something unexpected and new from Jaguar. Plus, the way PD reveal unexpected vehicles. No one expected the e-Tron before they announced it. Yet, we got two of them.

The I-Pace racer is something big. It'll race next month, but who knows what other collaborations PD have with manufacturers.
I know but it seems kinda random innit? I get your point though but the Audi was a Vision Gran Turismo so it's obviously a Gran Turismo car. This is a real racecar with no collaboration attached to it with GT as far as we know.

The Beijing Motor Show kicks off in two days, so It might be related to that.

Maybe they will show a street version of the supra in Beijing and it comes to GTS..

Well, we already know Toyota is coming this month, right? The real question is "Will we get more?". I don't think so.
It's nice to see another confirmation anyway.

Where is that bridge located? Its a current scape in gts?

The production GR Supra is said to be lined up for a 2019 reveal, by then I'm sure it'd show up in GTS just like how the C7 Corvette did very late into the game's life.

Id expect some kind of street version of the gr concept to show up before production version.. Easy way for Toyota to stay on car news and fill a spot at any car show.

Id expect some kind of street version of the gr concept to show up before production version.. Easy way for Toyota to stay on car news and fill a spot at any car show.
The GR Supra concept looks basically the same as the production car we've been seeing around in camo but done up as a racecar, I doubt they'll reveal anything that's not the final production prototype after this.

lM6WY45.gif
giphy.webp

After all the updates we have had

I think we kinda missed the time frame for a teaser by now. I'm expecting the Supra within this week, and no more. Honestly, I'm kinda relieved cos it gives me time to grind to buy those 2x 20mil cars. Everytime I got close, an update drops and my credits tank again and again :lol:

The only thing that still makes me wonder is the way they have tweeted it:

and describe it in the gran turismo website https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/news/00_8194323.html ( The April Update ) kinda makes it sound like something big in the update IMO, or simply could be just an update in april is what they are reffering to given their translation misinterpretations. Who knows...

No doubt the update will be major, it has to be given the trend. The Audi VGT was out of sequence and not "the April Update" in question here. My belief is that if they don't release it this week, it will be released on Monday. If not, then it's the May update. I hope the update isn't delayed; chances are it will come tomorrow, but don't hold your breath.

I think we will get more cars alongside the supra, remember the Ferrari Dino which was spotted in a scape, I think we may get that

Maybe they will show a street version of the supra in Beijing and it comes to GTS..
I don't believe we'll see the street, production Supra soon. I was thinking more about the new A-Class sedan or the BMW iX3 or something else. Hard to find a comprehensive list of cars to officially unveiled tomorrow at the Beijing Auto Show and, to be honest, I wouldn't put my money on any of them but it's the only thing I could think of to explain the lack of a teaser from Yamauchi.

Where is that bridge located? Its a current scape in gts?
Yes, that location is available in Scapes mode.

I don't believe we'll see the street, production Supra soon. I was thinking more about the new A-Class sedan or the BMW iX3 or something else. Hard to find a comprehensive list of cars to officially unveiled tomorrow at the Beijing Auto Show and, to be honest, I wouldn't put my money on any of them but it's the only thing I could think of to explain the lack of a teaser from Yamauchi.

Yes, that location is available in Scapes mode.

Don't forget about the BMW M2 Competition Pack :D, public debut at this year Beijing Motor Show, I would love to see this car in GT S.

1bmwm2comppack.jpg

Last edited:
Speaking about Supra, I would really like to see it in Gr.2 edition.
Toyota is missing there and what better than new Supra in vision of PD, or maybe Toyota itself...

Out of Japan, Renault R.S.01(one from Gr.X) looks perfect for Gr.2!

But I wouldn't have nothing against if it stays Japan only (Subaru and Mitsubishi welcome ofc), with no BoP needed.

Toyota is missing there and what better than new Supra in vision of PD, or maybe Toyota itself...

But I wouldn't have nothing against if it stays Japan only (Subaru and Mitsubishi welcome ofc), with no BoP needed.
Would Toyota create their own Super GT version if they're also competing against/with Lexus?

Definitely NOT - only proper Super GT cars in GR2. Would like a GR3/GR2 custom race combo option though like the league races. Further than that I would really prefer the option to pick and chose multiple cars from your garage to race against - that would be awesome and you could then create real world grids with multiple of the same car in different liveries if you bought more than one or used gift car duplicates.

CJ

Toyota is the Lexus RCF/LC500.

I'm half looking forward to the cars, but also the other stuff that'd be coming with the update, like QoL changes, possible tracks, or just other stuff in general. Keep in mind that even outside the stuff that could come back from GT6 or be new altogether, there's still some prize-winning cars that will likely come back at some point - there's the other Pebble Beach and SEMA cars, but IIRC there was also a temporary period that PD picked out cars from the Tokyo Auto Salon, too, like the D1GP RX-7 FC that's been in GT4, 5, and 6. Not to mention that I really look forward to how they'll update the older prize-winning cars, like the HPA Golf, or the Buick Special.

EDIT: Minor question. Does BoP only apply to Gr.4/Gr.B/Gr.3/Gr.2/Gr.1, or does it also apply to the N-series? I also wonder if other groups could be created other than the one that may've been leaked, and if there could be a group that'd be ideal for the Jaguar XJ13 and the Ferrari 330 P4? Maybe those two could be retconned to be put into a new group, too - I think the BMW i3 and the Aston Martin Vulcan used to be listed on the official website pre-launch as being in different groups as opposed to the groups they're actually a part of in-game.

I just don't care much about new content, but I would like to see in the upcoming update :

-Improved FFB on wheels.

-Online lobbies problems fixed as the problem of users that don't see each other on track or the auto pilot that doesn't disconnect.

-Native Voice chat in lobbies .

-Huge improvement and fixes of the penalty system and rating system

-more SR levels (99 isn't enough)

-more daily events and special events as endurance races .

Full damage in sport mode races cause I think it would help people to be more careful and the races cleaner

-VoF settings

-UDP compatibility

-local game saving and all modes available offline except sport mode and lobbies.

-Ai improvements and faster.

-ability to set free practice and qualifying sessions in customized races.

-Improvements in Tyre models

With those improvements, fixes and features I would be happy... And after that... Tracks, tracks and more tracks

I agree with many of the other improvements suggested in this thread but would hope that people also remember that the people working on the cars are not the same as those working on AI, tracks etc and that the two are not mutually exclusive :cheers:.

Anyway, No trailer or anything else yet and no unusual maintenance notice, so no update seems likely tomorrow.

I am starting to think the update will be Monday 30th with perhaps some kind of teaser or preview Friday or Saturday.

Mind you I've still got about 30 other cars to get and a million other things to keep me occupied in other games and real life while we wait ;)

Back