April update

• Thread starter NJ72
  • 112 comments
Well, colour me impressed. THAT is a proper detailed explanation, unlike the last one, and they seem to be covering a large number of issues in one swoop, albeit not just yet.

It probably still won't be perfect but I'm happy that they do seem to have listened and acted on nearly all of the issues raised relating to the economy - selling cars, higher payouts, no 20M limit so people can save up longer term, more cars in the dealerships, more events.

Only negative is no mention of getting rid of MTs but if they can make them mostly redundant except for the highly impatient then it'll not be too bad.

See folks, THAT is why people have been vocal this past few weeks. It's no coincidence they're making changes to pretty much everything we've been bringing up. That's why we make our voices heard.

Only negative is no mention of getting rid of MTs but if they can make them mostly redundant except for the highly impatient then it'll not be too bad.
To be fair, without the microtransactions don't expect years of free updates, including more cars and tracks. The costs for adding more of these into the game over time doesn't come cheap for developers. MTXs can and are a way for companies to release DLC that can all be earned with ingame credits (eg. GTA Online, Fallout 76), as opposed to paid DLCs on games without microtransactions (eg. Witcher 3, Ghost of Tsushima). Neither way is wrong. It's just the reality of modern gaming and its extremely high production costs for AAA-level games.

Well, colour me impressed. THAT is a proper detailed explanation, unlike the last one, and they seem to be covering a large number of issues in one swoop, albeit not just yet.

It probably still won't be perfect but I'm happy that they do seem to have listened and acted on nearly all of the issues raised relating to the economy - selling cars, higher payouts, no 20M limit so people can save up longer term, more cars in the dealerships, more events.

See folks, THAT is why people have been vocal this past few weeks. It's no coincidence they're making changes to pretty much everything we've been bringing up. That's why we make our voices heard.
Say it louder because I don't wanna hear anymore "Stop being impatient" or "Stop whining" because clearly we were right in criticising PD, so much so that they addressed a lot of things people were worried about and gave out a clear road map for the near future which is unheard of for them.

Last edited:

Its casual gamers, or people who play 1 game a year and have zero clue whats happening to this industry that say we are "whining"

I am genuinely curious if they even know about the Battlefront 2 fiasco. Everytime I mention it, they go silent?

Great news but it's another proof: never buy a game at launch. I think I'll buy GT7 at the end April. It won't be a perfect experience but I want to show my support to Poly.

To be fair, without the microtransactions don't expect years of free updates, including more cars and tracks. The costs for adding more of these into the game over time doesn't come cheap for developers. MTXs can and are a way for companies to release DLC that can all be earned with ingame credits (eg. GTA Online, Fallout 76), as opposed to paid DLCs on games without microtransactions (eg. Witcher 3, Ghost of Tsushima). Neither way is wrong. It's just the reality of modern gaming and its extremely high production costs for AAA-level games.
As long as MTs feel genuinely optional, not like the situation now where they're technically optional but the game feels centered around them, I'm just about ok with them. I'd rather they didn't exist, but as long as I feel like I can progress at a decent rate without them, I can live with them. Like if they hypothetically added them to GT4 tomorrow but changed nothing else about the game, that's an ok implementation.

Say it louder because I don't wanna hear anymore "Stop being impatient" or "Stop whining" because clearly we were right in criticising PD, so much so that they addressed a lot of things people were worried about.
Well I'm sure there are gonna be people who claim that this is all entirely coincidental and the feedback/backlash had no effect but I think they know they're kidding themselves.

Literally every single change listed in this post is something that has been brought up in the feedback here and the wider internet, it aint a coincidence but I suppose people can believe that if it makes them feel better.

Well I'm sure there are gonna be people who claim that this is all entirely coincidental and the feedback/backlash had no effect but I think they know they're kidding themselves.
There are already if you read the threads about this.

From the article:

Dear Gran Turismo Community,

Thank you for your continued support and feedback on Gran Turismo 7, your voices have not gone unheard. I would like to apologize for the frustration and confusion caused last week with our patch updates which resulted in, not only a server outage but also adjustments to the in-game economy which were made without a clear explanation to our community.

We know that this is not the Gran Turismo experience you expect and we will be making a goodwill gesture in the form of a non-paid credit pack of 1 million Cr. available to those players who may have been affected *. You will see this hit your accounts shortly. Make sure you log into the game before April 25 to claim the credits.

The patch update previously deployed was intended to rectify an issue with inconsistent reward payouts within a part of the World Circuit Events. But, to re-establish the intended equilibrium and provide more accurate rewards based on time investment and completion, it was necessary to recalculate the rewards system as a whole.

To improve the player experience, we will be rolling out a considerable patch in the beginning of April. The number of events will be increased, and we will reestablish the reward system with greater balance throughout the game to benefit all players.

Updates which will come into effect beginning of April:

Increase rewards in the events in the latter half of the World Circuits by approximately 100% on average.
Addition of high rewards for clearing the Circuit Experience in all Gold/All Bronze results.
Increase of rewards in Online Races.
Include a total of eight new one-hour Endurance Race events to Missions. These will also have higher reward settings.
Increase the upper limit of non-paid credits in player wallets from 20M Cr. to 100M Cr.
Increase the quantity of Used and Legend cars on offer at any given time.
Beyond this there will be a few additional patches deployed between now and the end of April which will add new cars and tracks and make some other fixes.

Finally, we also want to take the opportunity to lay out some of the near-term updates we are working on. We can’t confirm an exact date or specifics yet, but will give advance notice via www.gran-turismo.com.

Increase the payout value of limited time rewards as we develop as a live service.
Further World Circuit event additions.
Addition of Endurance Races to Missions including 24-hour races.
Addition of Online Time Trials and awarding of rewards according to the player’s difference with the top ranked time.
Make it so cars can be sold.
We want to thank you for your continued patience and valuable feedback as we grow and evolve GT7 to make it as enjoyable and rewarding for as many players as possible. We always want to keep communication lines open with our community so that we can work together to build the best racing experience possible.

*Limit 1 per person. Must own a digital or physical copy of GT7 for PS4 or PS5 prior to the publication of this post (Friday, 25 March at 1:00am PST) and log into Gran Turismo 7 between Friday, March 25 at 5:00pm JST/8:00am GMT/ 1:00am PDT and Monday, April 25 at 5:00pm JST/8:00am GMT/ 1:00am PDT to receive the free credit pack.
I'm pleased about PD's response regarding our concerns. It seems that they have taken on board what we have been saying about GT7. 👍

Hopefully now people can stop harassing and review bombing this awesome game and developer.
I´m all against herassment, but I´m in favor of making your voice heard when someone is trying to take adventage of you - and I think that´s a more accurate description of what went on here.

GT7 in it´s current state is a mean, predatory, exploitative and unfinished product that rightfully got called out.

The effects will kick in in early April - thank god for people here and on ERA and the rest of the internet making sure PD and SONY got the message.

Last edited:
Seems for me, GT7 was gotten thrown in a stand on market, which we can’t title definitely as „complete“. Badly decision from PD and Sony.

Last edited:
GT7 in it´s current state is a mean, predatory, exploitative and unfinished product.
Mean? Did they steal your rattle? The payouts are better than Sport when it launched and plenty good enough for me to already own half the cars in the game without grinding.
Predatory? Exploitive? Again, it's easy to earn a reasonable amount of cash just playing the game. Anyone who would pay for credits has more money than sense and would have spent it poorly elsewhere anyway.
Unfinished? Goes without saying. They were upfront that the game would continue to be added to over time which I actually prefer. If everything coming in the next 7 years was already in the game it would be less exciting than anticipating and enjoying the new drops over time.

Predatory? Exploitive?
100%, yeah. It has all the gacha and f2p machanics while being a full priced game. Expiring tickets for the right do buy cars and LIMITED STOCK! legandary cars to spice up your FOMO with an extra sense of urgency.
Not being able to sell cars to make sure you´re always starved for credits and the slashing of rewards with the first patch to make sure PD are always in relative control over the cash you are rolling with.

We are all fans of PD and GT - that´s why we are here man.

The economy was my biggest concern, closely followed by the shocking used car/ hagerty dealerships.

To know they are improving both in the same update coming soon has restored all in faith in this game I have to say.

Nice detailed response too and the 1 million free credits are a bonus I guess.

They hid the whole MTX system by choice. Reviewers did their thing and send out the scores. Once the scores have been send out they introduced the horrible mtx system. Once a review was submitted to MetaCritic they are NOT able to withdraw or correct the score. PD knew about this. This kind of practice is borderline fraud.

So? Do you think every game that lets you buy in game currency deserves a bad score? 🤣
No, but every game that does it in such an exploitative and predatory manner does. Especially the ones that try to hide it from reviewers. 🤷‍♂️

It "works" in that people successfully bullied PD into raising payouts. Will it "work" to give GT a bright future? Doubtful. People have dragged the franchise through the mud over a few credits.
A take that's so incredibly inaccurate it almost beggars belief.

PD are a business entity, and 'punching upwards' isn't bullying. The game economy was flawed from day one, and made worse in an update, it's been objectively proven to be the worse economy in any GT title. People dragged the title due to a transparent attempt to build a GT title around Microtransactions, something they hid form the initial round of reviews and then initially doubled down on. This isn't the view of a small group of people, it's been acknowledged by the gaming media and beyond.

It's also far beyond just 'raising payouts', PD have acknowledged they got the economy wrong, that they tried to push a model on the players that isn't acceptable, and are rebuilding what appears to be the bulk of it, and quite rightly so.

I know that this will fall on deaf ears, because the chances of you acknowledging that PD do anything wrong are infinitesimally small, but just in case I've given it a shot.

Mean? Did they steal your rattle? The payouts are better than Sport when it launched and plenty good enough for me to already own half the cars in the game without grinding.
Predatory? Exploitive? Again, it's easy to earn a reasonable amount of cash just playing the game. Anyone who would pay for credits has more money than sense and would have spent it poorly elsewhere anyway.
Unfinished? Goes without saying. They were upfront that the game would continue to be added to over time which I actually prefer. If everything coming in the next 7 years was already in the game it would be less exciting than anticipating and enjoying the new drops over time.
dude....
I only quote this message of yours, while you have two dozens in this topic!

here's an idea: step away from the defenso-keyboard for a while.

there is absolutely no way you -or anybody else- can sugarcoat what sony, polyphony and kaz pulled.
not you not god himself.

so just let it go.

A take that's so incredibly inaccurate it almost beggars belief.

PD are a business entity, and 'punching upwards' isn't bullying. The game economy was flawed from day one, and made worse in an update, it's been objectively proven to be the worse economy in any GT title. People dragged the title due to a transparent attempt to build a GT title around Microtransactions, something they hid form the initial round of reviews and then initially doubled down on. This isn't the view of a small group of people, it's been acknowledged by the gaming media and beyond.

It's also far beyond just 'raising payouts', PD have acknowledged they got the economy wrong, that they tried to push a model on the players that isn't acceptable, and are rebuilding what appears to be the bulk of it, and quite rightly so.

I know that this will fall on deaf ears, because the chances of you acknowledging that PD do anything wrong are infinitesimally small, but just in case I've given it a shot.
They were clear in Kaz's previous update that more races were already coming with better payouts. Same thing happened in Sport. The gaming media will latch onto any slight controversy to get clicks and drive revenue. It's disgustingly toxic. Very few sites are even worth visiting anymore.

Back