April update

• Thread starter NJ72
  • 112 comments
I hope this forum can calm down now. Almost every thread ended up in a discussion about "how bad the economy is".
It's cool that they're adding proper endurance races and more world circuit events, although I'm still under the suspicion that these would be added relatively soon anyway. The cutting of payouts for certain events was clearly to do with balance, not tactics to make you buy credits.
I'm sure the complaints gave them a kick up the backside to add some more money making paths sooner which is great. Not sure the feedback needed to be so extreme though.

Last edited:
They were clear in Kaz's previous update that more races were already coming with better payouts
No it wasn't. If it's so obvious quote that first communication stating that pay-outs would increase.

You read into it that would happen, but I hate to break it to you, it didn't say that at all. In fact that communication landed at eh exact same time that pay-outs were demonstrably reduced and made the game economy worse.

Last edited:
No it wasn't. If it's so obvious quiet that first communication stating that pay-outs would increase.

You read into it that would happen, but I hate to break it to you, it didn't say that at all. In fact that communication landed at eh exact same time that pay-outs were demonstrably reduced and made the game economy worse.
To me, seeing a screenshot of a new event with a higher payout is a good indication that it would be coming.
The fact that there aren't many higher PP events yet also tells me that when they are added they will more than likely have higher payouts. It would be ridiculous if they added a bunch of later game events and they payed the same as early game events.
I think not having full evidence yet is a weaker argument than what I'd deem to be common sense. I'm not trying to say people don't have common sense, I just think peoples minds have been skewed by the negativity.

That depends on how well PD implement this, and it's also evidence that the form of protest taken works.

Or do you think that PD always planned to rip up and rebuild the bulk of it's in-game economy?

This is either a reaction to consumer action or an acknowledgement that PD were incompetent in it's initial release, and PD are saying it's the former.
What's with the either/or?

What Winston Churchill once said about America applies to PD (assuming they follow through) - PD will eventually do the right thing...after doing every wrong thing.

In what possible way? You think reviewers care about finding the quickest credit grinds? The driving is spectacular. That's what got it good scores.
They gave reviewers a copy of the game with a completely different economy. If you're going to come on so strong in defence of PD then atleast do a slight bit of research beforehand.

Last edited:
Has anyone noticed the credit packs are no longer situated above the trophies on the dashboard (On PS5 atleast. Dunno about PS4).

They’re still there if you do scroll down, but I think this is interesting given the controversy surrounding MTX. To find them now you kinda have to go out of your way instead of being reminded every time you’re about to boot up the game.

Anyway I have no problems with what’s coming. Also appreciate the 1 million credits. Might finally get one of those invite cars now I’ve been procrastinating over the last week.😛

Slightly off topic, but have any of you seen the comments left on the original announcement post? There’s plenty of people giving valid feedback but a majority of the posts are so silly it’s actually funny. Highly suggest scrolling through them.

Example:
“Another update this morning 25th March 2022 and servers are down again. Absolute joke and unacceptable by Sony and Polyphony. 1m credit is not enough for all these issues players should be entitled to full refunds. When servers are down 99% of game is unplayable I want my EUR 80 back.”

KJF
They gave reviewers a copy of the game with a completely different economy. If you're going to come on so strong in defence of PD then atleast do a slight bit of research beforehand.
If the game came with the lowered payouts from the start, I'd be extremely surprised if it changed the reviews. It seems pretty clear here that it's only affected people who grind specific events and people who hop on the controversy train.

Slightly off topic, but have any of you seen the comments left on the original announcement post? There’s plenty of people giving valid feedback but a majority of the posts are so silly it’s actually funny. Highly suggest scrolling through them.

Example:
“Another update this morning 25th March 2022 and servers are down again. Absolute joke and unacceptable by Sony and Polyphony. 1m credit is not enough for all these issues players should be entitled to full refunds. When servers are down 99% of game is unplayable I want my EUR 80 back.”
In all honesty that ones not quite as strange as or silly as it may seem.

The vast majority of GT7 buyers and players are not people who play long term, they are casual games, as such they are not going to be as aware of the implications of server maintenance as those who are members here.

Keep in mind that, with the exception of pure online titles, such as CoD:Warzone, the vast majority of titles don't become functionally near useless when server maintenance is being carried out, in most cases you simply loose access to the on-line side of the title, you don't loose access to 95%+ of the game or lose the ability to save.

I have to be honest I also agree with the general sentiment, we shouldn't lose access to the single-player element of the game when the on-line side is being worked on, and teh argument around it being needed to stop cheating is not valid at all (plenty of other routes exist to stop that, ones that don't have this level of impact).

Last edited:
In all honesty that ones not quite as strange as or silly as it may seem.

The vast majority of GT7 buyers and players are not people who play long term, they are casual games, as such they are not going to be as aware of the implications of server maintenance as those who are members here.

Keep in mind that, with the exception of pure online titles, such as CoD:Warzone, the vast majority of titles don't become functionally near useless when server maintenance is being carried out, in most cases you simply loose access to the on-line side of the title, you don't loose access to 95%+ of the game or lose the ability to save.

I have to be honest I also agree with the general sentiment, we shouldn't lose access to the single-player element of the game when the on-line side is being worked on, and teh argument around it being needed to stop cheating is not valid at all (plenty of other routes exist to stop that, ones that don't have this level of impact).
Yeah totally correct, I get that. My issue is with the sense of entitlement. Complete nonsense like saying “99% of the time it’s not playable” is strictly false, and using that as justification for your refund request via the comment section of a blog post about addressing the very issues the community has raised is a bit out of touch with reality. That’s what I found funny.

If the game came with the lowered payouts from the start, I'd be extremely surprised if it changed the reviews. It seems pretty clear here that it's only affected people who grind specific events and people who hop on the controversy train.
If GT7 had shown its ugly predatory monetization scheme during the review phase the reviews shure would have been different.

The MTX were implemented and the payouts were lowered AFTER the reviews came out.

Yeah totally correct, I get that. My issue is with the sense of entitlement. Complete nonsense like saying “99% of the time it’s not playable” is strictly false, and using that as justification for your refund request via the comment section of a blog post about addressing the very issues the community has raised is a bit out of touch with reality. That’s what I found funny.
The complaint you quoted didn't say it's 'not playable 99% of the time', it said that 'when the servers are down 99% of the game is unplayable', which is very different and not that far removed from the truth.

I'm also of the view that Sony needs to get in line with PC store refund policies and offer refunds for any reason as long as you've played for less than two hours and it's been less than 14 days since you bought it, the almost total block on refunds by Sony via it's digital store is, to be honest, anti-consumer and poor practice.

The controversy train 😂

Yeah let's all just be absolutely fine with corporations taking the piss out of us. I swear some people here would be happy shooting their own mothers for a digital McLaren F1.

Last edited:
A good message from PD. I do hope these endurance races are proper races with everyone starting at the start rather than what we got in GTS.

Game as a service confirmed. In case you haven't figured it out yet, that means no GT8 for a very long time. PS6 probably.

KJF
The controversy train 😂

Yeah let's all just be absolutely fine with corporations taking the piss out of us. I swear some people here would be happy shooting their own mothers for a digital McLaren F1.
What?
I feel sorry for you if you genuinely think they're taking the piss out of you.

What?
I feel sorry for you if you genuinely think they're taking the piss out of you.
You're yet to make an actual point by the way, maybe you could give it a go in your next post.

They purposefully rigged the review process to mislead customers as to what they were buying from them, what would you describe that as exactly? I would say 'taking the piss' is pretty accurate.

You don't have to rip the Kaz posters off your wall or anything, but you can atleast try and look at this situation through a different lens.

Last edited:
KJF
You're yet to make an actual point by the way, maybe you could give it a go in your next post.

They purposefully rigged the review process to mislead customers as to what they were buying from them, what would you describe that as exactly? I would say 'taking the piss' is pretty accurate.

You don't have to rip the Kaz posters off your wall or anything, but you can atleast try and look at this situation through a different lens.
My point was in the post that you quoted. You can play the game in it's current state from start to finish without paying for credits. We'll soon get more events that will pay higher than the current events too.
If microtransactions were in the game from day one, they'd probably be a negative point in some of the reviews but the game hasn't become something else. They've literally just balanced the payouts relative to future events and effort.

I don't know why you think everyone who defends the game in some way is a Kaz loyalist.
I could also say that you don't need to go out and buy some Kaz posters, but you can at least try and look at this situation through a different lens.

My point was in the post that you quoted. You can play the game in it's current state from start to finish without paying for credits. We'll soon get more events that will pay higher than the current events too.
If microtransactions were in the game from day one, they'd probably be a negative point in some of the reviews but the game hasn't become something else. They've literally just balanced the payouts relative to future events and effort.

I don't know why you think everyone who defends the game in some way is a Kaz loyalist.
I could also say that you don't need to go out and buy some Kaz posters, but you can at least try and look at this situation through a different lens.
Nobody has claimed you cannot play the game from start to finish without paying for credits.

The problem people have is that the game has been in an unplayable state since launch for anyone who just wants to tune up and race their favourite cars unless they grind events they have no interest in, such as Fisherman's Ranch (or use 3rd party tools). You can play that aspect down all you want, like many others are on this site, but doing so looks legitimately insane. Like people paying £70 for a game deserve to be able to play it as advertised day 1, not months down the line. There's nothing 'entitled' about wanting to just enjoy a game you've paid for, and being annoyed that your enjoyment is being artificially gatekept.

And the reason I assume you are a Kaz loyalist is due to the tonedeaf nature of your responses towards people making clearly legitimate points, and underplaying disgusting tactics from PD/Sony in falsely advertising the game to customers. I cannot think of any other reason why someone would defend this nonsense?

If you enjoy the game that's great, you can say positive things about it. There are plenty of positive posts on this forum. I've said myself that it's great when you have enough credits that you can tune up cars without having to grind. It's just asinine that to get to this point I had to AFK grind instead of being able to just play it normally.

Last edited:
KJF
Nobody has claimed you cannot play the game from start to finish without paying for credits.

The problem people have is that the game has been in an unplayable state since launch for anyone who just wants to tune up and race their favourite cars unless they grind events they have no interest in, such as Fisherman's Ranch (or use 3rd party tools). You can play that aspect down all you want, like many others are on this site, but doing so looks legitimately insane. Like people paying £70 for a game deserve to be able to play it as advertised day 1, not months down the line. There's nothing 'entitled' about wanting to just enjoy a game you've paid for, and being annoyed that your enjoyment is being artificially gatekept.

And the reason I assume you are a Kaz loyalist is due to the tonedeaf nature of your responses towards people making clearly legitimate points, and underplaying disgusting tactics from PD/Sony in falsely advertising the game to customers. I cannot think of any other reason why someone would defend this nonsense?

If you enjoy the game that's great, you can say positive things about it. There are plenty of positive posts on this forum. I've said myself that it's great when you have enough credits that you can tune up cars without having to grind. It's just asinine that to get to this point I had to AFK grind instead of being able to just play it normally.
It's not unplayable.

I and many others who are enjoying the game are literally anyone who just wants to tune up and race their favourite cars, and the game is great for this.

You call me tone deaf, but it's the same situation from my side. So many people don't even consider that PD isn't an evil group of evil people doing evil things. They're just developing a game (which I know has issues).
I know there are problems but they are no way on the scale of what they're made out to be on here.

New events will come. They will pay higher. You will be able to buy all your beloved rare supercars or save millions or whatever people do with their grind money, but until that day comes, you can't. They're not waiting for the 343,458th complaint before they press the deploy button on the update.

Sure. It would have been so much better if there were more events to begin with and I don't understand why they haven't done that, but I also understand that there are reasons. Online lobbies are broken and I don't understand why, but there are reasons and they will get addressed.

My main point is that there are updates coming. It's early days for the game. Nobody needs to grind for hours. There are so many cars that can be bought and tuned and driven from money made from a few races. The expensive items are expensive. They're not there to be bought straight away.

You can either keep increasing your cortisol levels because patches/updates aren't out yet, or you can stop focusing on max credits per hour and enjoy what the game can offer.

It's not unplayable.

I and many others who are enjoying the game are literally anyone who just wants to tune up and race their favourite cars, and the game is great for this.

There is no way to buy, modify and tune cars in the game within a reasonable time frame. You can try and gaslight people into believing this isn't the case all you want but, as I said, it just looks insane. The ammount of hours per car is clearly very high, the fact that you still enjoy it doesn't make this point any less true for a large portion of the playerbase.

You call me tone deaf, but it's the same situation from my side. So many people don't even consider that PD isn't an evil group of evil people doing evil things. They're just developing a game (which I know has issues).

I know there are problems but they are no way on the scale of what they're made out to be on here

Again, this just sounds insane.

I cannot even fathom the mindset of someone who fails to see the massive issues with game companies falsely advertising their products, rigging the review process, and artificially gatekeeping content from their playerbase in order to sell MTX.

Sure. It would have been so much better if there were more events to begin with and I don't understand why they haven't done that, but I also understand that there are reasons.

Err, is this a windup?

It's clear as day what their reasons are. If you'd read what people are saying instead of just assuming we're a bunch of whinging children you might understand this.

I realise you are caught up on one side of the fence here but I cannot believe you even wrote that. It's completely out of touch with reality.

New events will come. They will pay higher. You will be able to buy all your beloved rare supercars or save millions or whatever people do with their grind money, but until that day comes, you can't. They're not waiting for the 343,458th complaint before they press the deploy button on the update.

The update is in response to the backlash that you are trying to illegitimise for some bizzare reason.

My main point is that there are updates coming. It's early days for the game. Nobody needs to grind for hours. There are so many cars that can be bought and tuned and driven from money made from a few races. The expensive items are expensive. They're not there to be bought straight away.

Have you actually even played the game? It's not just expensive items that are the issue, all of the content (cars, mods, and tuning) is gated behind a free to play economy. Again, you may enjoy this but arguing against it just looks insane.

You can either keep increasing your cortisol levels because patches/updates aren't out yet, or you can stop focusing on max credits per hour and enjoy what the game can offer.

I've already explained that I've been running the AHK script. Credits aren't an issue for me. Again, what you are saying makes no sense because you don't understand the opposing argument.

Last edited:
KJF
It's not unplayable.

There is no way to buy, modify and tune cars in the game within a reasonable time frame. You can try and gaslight people into believing this isn't the case all you want but, as I said, it just looks insane. The ammount of hours per car is clearly very high, the fact that you still enjoy it doesn't make this point any less true for a large portion of the playerbase.

I know there are problems but they are no way on the scale of what they're made out to be on here

Again, this just sounds insane.

I cannot even fathom the mindset of someone who fails to see the massive issues with game companies falsely advertising their products, rigging the review process, and artificially gatekeeping content from their playerbase in order to sell MTX.

Sure. It would have been so much better if there were more events to begin with and I don't understand why they haven't done that, but I also understand that there are reasons. Online lobbies are broken and I don't understand why, but there are reasons and they will get addressed.

Err, is this a windup?

It's clear as day what their reasons are. you'll read what are saying instead of just assuming we're a bunch of whinging children you might understand this.

I realise you are caught up on one side of the fense here but I honestky cannot believe you even wrote that. It's completely out of touch with reality.

The update is in response to the backlash that you are trying to illegitimise for some bizzare reason.

Have you actually even played the game? It's not just expensive items that are the issue, all of the content (cars, mods, and tuning) is gated behind a free to play economy. Again, you may enjoy this but arguing against it just looks insane.

I've already explained that I've been running the AHK script. Credits aren't an issue for me. Again, what you are saying makes no sense because you don't understand the opposing argument.
There's clearly no point in discussing anything with you because you are as you said, a whinging child and I am obviously insane.
I've tried to say I understand where the complaints are coming from, and offered my opinion on that but you don't or simply can't read. You just call me insane. Not a single attempt to see anything in any other way so
I'll just let you get on with your weekend.

There's clearly no point in discussing anything with you because you are as you said, a whinging child and I am obviously insane.
I've tried to say I understand where the complaints are coming from, and offered my opinion on that but you don't or simply can't read. You just call me insane. Not a single attempt to see anything in any other way so
I'll just let you get on with your weekend.
At no point during your replies to me did you show that you understood where the complaints were coming from, but whatever.

Mean? Did they steal your rattle? The payouts are better than Sport when it launched and plenty good enough for me to already own half the cars in the game without grinding.
Predatory? Exploitive? Again, it's easy to earn a reasonable amount of cash just playing the game. Anyone who would pay for credits has more money than sense and would have spent it poorly elsewhere anyway.
Unfinished? Goes without saying. They were upfront that the game would continue to be added to over time which I actually prefer. If everything coming in the next 7 years was already in the game it would be less exciting than anticipating and enjoying the new drops over time.

You (and the very few others like you) seem willing to excuse way too much of what Sony and PD have been up to.

Straight question: why did PD hide the game economy/mtx from pre-launch reviewers? Answer honestly.

Show bit of good grace and thank the complainers for making the game better. For you too. You did nothing to improve things. At. All. And now you’re slinging words like ‘bully’ and ‘harassment’ around too. Shame.

Back