[Archive] Forza Horizon 5 Series 20: High Performance

• Thread starter Famine
  • 56 comments
This is the discussion thread for an article on GTPlanet:

Forza Horizon 5 Season Change: Peak Performance

Forza Horizon 5 begins a brand-new Series today, with new events, cars, challenges, and collectibles across the next four weeks based on the new theme — as well as major overhaul of part of the map to play around with...

To save you hunting for Treasure:
1682608981395.png

While completing the Z02 event (stock so I wouldn't use up a precious tuning slot) I attempted to come up with a marginally less nauseating pun title than "Ahead Of The Corvette" but it wasn't as easy as I thought.

It Shouldn't Happen To A 'Vette
'Vette 'Vette 'Vette
Positively 'Vetted

Last edited:
GT could do with some more exciting events like this. The time trials they add are exciting but they could should offer some stuff that gives you a chance to win a rare car or something …

Me again and HW Can Ya Canyon? was a really unpleasant experience trying to race modern supercars on hazard sprint dirt tracks with bumpy dirt sections and long water sections which played havoc with my low slung road car while the cheating AI pulled away from me seemingly unaffected. I gave up on my third attempt.

Me again and HW Can Ya Canyon? was a really unpleasant experience trying to race modern supercars on hazard sprint dirt tracks with bumpy dirt sections and long water sections which played havoc with my low slung road car while the cheating AI pulled away from me seemingly unaffected. I gave up on my third attempt.
I did it in the Jag C-X75 bud. It is hard I agree and a very strange event but doable in the Jag. Good luck if you try again.

I did it in the Jag C-X75 bud. It is hard I agree and a very strange event but doable in the Jag. Good luck if you try again.
Amazing tip, thanks mate. :) I can canyon now as AKarl47's EZ Unbeatable dirt tyres tune definitely did the trick.* Wish I'd waited until tomorrow afternoon so I could nab the Upgraded challenge and bid this week's season playlist sayonara, but I couldn't wait to try it out.

I had to restart Canyon's Drop once but managed to win the other two courses first try with a couple of rewinds.
*Maybe the car could have won this event stock but if I wanted a bloody challenge I'd've played Richard Burns Rally with my eyes closed instead. Gameboy version :lol:

Last edited:
This is the discussion thread for an article on GTPlanet:

Forza Horizon 5 Season Change: Command Performance

The latest Forza Horizon 5’s Series, “High Performance”, continues for a third week, as Winter comes to Mexico and brings a new set of Playlist challenges and rewards for the next seven days...

Last edited:
Need to find the Treasure Chest? Here it be, yarrrr:
1683819240920.png

So weird that you automatically complete the Clue by doing... something else on the Playlist.

Last edited:
I didn't win my Festival drag race in the Ultima as a Koenigsegg CCGT beat me out but the game still awarded me objectives 3 and 4 of Situated Beyond (at the same time) anyway.

Last edited:
The Forest Falls Watersplash circuit needs to die.

7.5 painful minutes for that race, five for both Sprints combined. And what's with the boost pad right before a sharp left (which is also useless in the other direction in freeroam)?

The only time I touch the Hot Wheels DLC now is for the weekly tasks. For me the whole map lacks any replayability personally.

I find the map too restrictive in free roam, I like the ability to venture off road. Both for skill points and creating routes. I know it's possible in Hot Wheels but just not enough.

The Forest Falls Watersplash circuit needs to die.

7.5 painful minutes for that race, five for both Sprints combined. And what's with the boost pad right before a sharp left (which is also useless in the other direction in freeroam)?
I used the LC500 for it (without upgrades) since I hadn't used it for anything else until that point, and boy did it drag.

Canyonball Race, now there's a track that could work with a few more little tweaks. The concept is good, but the surface needs smoothing off. Also move the sharp bends from directly after ramped areas of the track.

Origami Track is beautiful to look at and well laid out. To me it's the best Eventlab this series. It flows nicely.

Oh and it's Mission R time, yeah baby!!!!

Edit: Famine you're spot on S2 class is too high a class for Canyonball.

Last edited:
Little later than usual due to LEGO 2K Racers review, but nobody's going to need help finding this thing:

1684447563862.png

Edit: Famine you're spot on S2 class is too high a class for Canyonball.
It was tricky at S1, particularly the left-right after a crest (and the tyre barrier). There's also an indestructible tree coming through the surface at one point.

Anyone else having issues running the trial? I've run it 4 times now and after the first race finishes, the game sends me back to free roam. It's frustrating having to rerun this race with varying levels of teammates. Some good, most bad. Rant, please stop trying to ram the A.I. cars, just race the race. My own teammates have cost me more wins than the A.I. has.

Anyone else having issues running the trial? I've run it 4 times now and after the first race finishes, the game sends me back to free roam. It's frustrating having to rerun this race with varying levels of teammates. Some good, most bad. Rant, please stop trying to ram the A.I. cars, just race the race. My own teammates have cost me more wins than the A.I. has.
I've seen this reported generally, not just this week.

Most issues I find with FH5 are related to Quick Resume. Manually shut down the game and restart the console, then try again.

I've seen this reported generally, not just this week.

Most issues I find with FH5 are related to Quick Resume. Manually shut down the game and restart the console, then try again.
I'm a glutton for punishment, so I tried it a fifth time, thinking "it couldn't happen again?". Well it did and I rebooted. Tried again and everything is fine. Got my 10 pts and now I can move on. Thanks.

I'm a glutton for punishment, so I tried it a fifth time, thinking "it couldn't happen again?". Well it did and I rebooted. Tried again and everything is fine. Got my 10 pts and now I can move on. Thanks.
It's my go-to solution whenever anything doesn't work quite right; did it last week because the stadium oval didn't load in (and I've had that with the stunt park and ice arena before) so I was just ambling around while other people were orbiting about five feet off the ground. I make sure to do it 30 minutes or less before a season change too, as otherwise EventLab descriptions might not load in.

There is a crazy amount of just small, dumb little bugs, really.

Yeah. Quick resume never worked in FH5. Never use it, something will always not work.

Back