[Archive] Forza Horizon 5 Series 30: Lunar New Year

• Thread starter Famine
  • 94 comments
Just had the most bizarre Trial this week. It started with usual 6 of us on the team for the first race. All was going well by the end of the 2nd lap of race 1. A team mate was leading, A.I was second with me a close third and A.I fourth. We were just ahead on points. On the last left hander going back on to the tarmac I got hit and spun around by the A.I and dropped to fourth. I couldn't get any positions back on the last lap and as such we were losing on points. Our team mate leading rage quit followed by 3 others, only leaving me and 1 team mate, so we lost race 1.

Here comes the good bit, and I'm dead proud of it. I won the following 2 races with my team mate coming last in both races. Not their fault I think though, the A.I was very, very aggressive in each race. However, once I was past them they couldn't catch me in my AWD tuned Mustang. I got 650 points versus' the A.I.'s 600 points combined.

Anyone else have issues with aggressive A.I. in the Trial this week?

1000007775.png

I had to restart the Trial five times last week. Hope I have a better experience this week.

Thanks mate, got it fifth try. People kept noping out or ramming me off the path.
I'll never understand some people's train of thought in The Trial. Glad you got it though. I was just very lucky this week.

The only reason I keep playing is to keep my series 100% completion rate going. Although that run nearly came to an end this week. I had a load of trouble getting the HW Speed zone done this week. I just couldn't tune a car that would carry enough speed but have the front end grip to cleanly take the last left hander going downhill. I ended up downloading a tune and blasting it first time by a clear 14 mph!!!

I had to restart the Trial five times last week. Hope I have a better experience this week.
Yeah it can be horrible sometimes. So many people dont tune their cars to just fly past the AI at the launch and hold them up for the team.

Yeah it can be horrible sometimes. So many people dont tune their cars to just fly past the AI at the launch and hold them up for the team.
This is if they even get to complete lap 1 instead of rage quitting when they can't keep up with the AI.

Last edited:
This is if they even get complete lap 1 instead of rage quitting when they can't keep up with the AI.
And there's the ones that don't look up requirements so they show up with either a completely stock car or one that's been tuned for a different kind of racing altogether.

And there's the ones that don't look up requirements so they show up with either a completely stock car or one that's been tuned for a different kind of racing altogether.
That is what happened to my trial this week. I was the only one with a dirt setup. All the other drivers had street tires and where all over the place once we got on the dusty parts. Thank got only 2 hat no setup (RWD only) at all and 3 other guys had, what I assume, was an AWD tune on their cars. At least they could start quickly on tarmac to disrupt the AI long enough so I could get ahead in the dirt and hold off the frontrunner AIs for my off road challenged teammates to play catch up and we took the win in 2.

That is what happened to my trial this week. I was the only one with a dirt setup. All the other drivers had street tires and where all over the place once we got on the dusty parts. Thank got only 2 hat no setup (RWD only) at all and 3 other guys had, what I assume, was an AWD tune on their cars. At least they could start quickly on tarmac to disrupt the AI long enough so I could get ahead in the dirt and hold off the frontrunner AIs for my off road challenged teammates to play catch up and we took the win in 2.
Believe me, I've been suckered into taking street cars into a dirt Trial many a time. Usually it's because I failed to pay attention to the image they use to show it off, because they usually do do a good job of showing you what to expect and what to tune for.

In the Ace Combat fandom we have a similar problem of folks just not paying attention to mission briefings. It happens, especially when you just want to get the stuff done. :P

Thanks to reading everyone’s comments about the Weekly Trial, I made sure my AE93 Mustang was built to an off-road spec B700.

There were five of us in the first race. Two of my teammates were complete boat anchors. They barely accelerated at the green light causing a traffic jam for the rest of us. One of us got to the front of the field by the second lap. I and my other teammate were stuck in fifth and sixth. The teammate I was racing with was much faster than me in a straight line but never stopped for corners, so we kept passing each other. Our teammate in the lead did a masterful job of holding up the field so Lightning McNobrakes and I could pass into second and third and we won the race.

In the second race, our genuinely fast driver moved into first pretty quickly again, but no field blocking shenanigans were necessary this time, as I and Lightning were able to move into second and third places on our own. Even with Anchor 1 and Anchor 2 once again coming home in the last two positions, we were able to bring home the win and the championship.

Last edited:
My Trial was similarly boneheaded this week, but we still won in two.

Two guys quit the first race - in untuned cars - which very much helped with the whole points thing, and the two fastest guys behind me were total imbeciles.

I leaned the lead AIs out to get us a top three, and then the other two humans started fighting over the lead. When I got on scene (because I had a very good dirt tune and they were losing time fighting like idiots), they started to fight me too until I just dropped them on the final lap. Race 2 was pretty much the same except without the whole "lap" idea; I just didn't give them the opportunity this time and didn't see another car after 25% distance.

I didn't have too much trouble and won it first try using my 1969 Boss 302 converted to AWD with off-road tires. One other human dropped off the first race, another had a bone stock Cobra R that tailed the AI and 3 of us ended up finishing 1-2-3 for the 2 races. I was surprised at how competent the other two guys were for once, barely any contact was made by the 3 of us.

I didn't have too much trouble with the trial, I was the only one on my team with a tuned Mustang so I won the first two races and finished second in the third, we barely won the first race by 50 points, lost the second race but won the third pretty comfortably.

This week's District 17: Sewer Races eventlab map is probably one of the most creative and surprising eventlab maps I've ever played in FH5.

This week's District 17: Sewer Races eventlab map is probably one of the most creative and surprising eventlab maps I've ever played in FH5.
It seems to have a serious bug, The ranking displayed during the race is wrong, and the race result is also based on the wrong ranking. Does anyone have same issue?

Last edited:
You've just beaten me to saying that on here bud. I totally agree with you. It's a fantastic little course, great fun.

Also something strange just happened on the Trial. We lost the first and third races but won the second. However, after the third race the game said we'd won and gave me the points and car reward.

@Escv12 no bud, the race ran smoothly for me.

Last edited:
You've just beaten me to saying that on here bud. I totally agree with you. It's a fantastic little course, great fun.

Also something strange just happened on the Trial. We lost the first and third races but won the second. However, after the third race the game said we'd won and gave me the points and car reward.

@Escv12 no bud, the race ran smoothly for me.
I played the race in SP and it just kept counting me finished in P11 despite I won the race, I ended up play the race online and get the prize.

I played the race in SP and it just kept counting me finished in P11 despite I won the race, I ended up play the race online and get the prize.
I played it in SP too, bizarre. Mind you it wouldn't be FH5 without these bloody stupid bugs would it 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️.

I did it in Single Player as well, no issue with timing or winning it at the first try.

I did it in Single Player as well, no issue with timing or winning it at the first try.
Hmm...seems like I'm the only person have this problem; I asked some friends who also play this game and none of them have same issue either.

That would make sense to solve the problem. I always do the Eventlab challenges on average first time to just pop them. It definitely pops on average.

I had this bug but decrease difficult level to minimum solve the problem.
i didnt try yet, but I started in 11th even though there were 3 cars behind me, I came in first but the game continued saying that I was in 11th and I didn't receive any points or prizes

i didnt try yet, but I started in 11th even though there were 3 cars behind me, I came in first but the game continued saying that I was in 11th and I didn't receive any points or prizes
Starting on the highest level, the game doesn't pass the first lap, the race starts from 0/3 not 1/3. After changing the difficulty level to the lowest, the game reset my position at the start (missing checkpoint) and the race starts correctly (1/3).

Back